“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#534185 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame for what?
You know.

That {sex} stuff nobody wants ta talk about, so they jist points ther fingers.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#534186 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Sooo..... I'm supposed to take your word on it because you think your always correct??
O_o
I'm not always correct.

But I am a rational skeptic. Regarding the evaluation of information, you should trust me like you would trust any expert.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm sorry, rational skepticism seems to have distorted you a little.
You think it's made me arrogant?

Actually, the opposite is true. I don't bullshit anymore like I used to. I only talk about things I really understand.

I just don't have a compelling reason not to let you know that in some areas, I am a genius. But I don't know shit about a lot of stuff. I don't pretend to.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Come back down to earth, Tide and try to explain yourself a little rather than calling yourself a genius and me an idiot.
What do you want me to explain, and how much would be sufficient?

If I don't feel like I can change a few minds, there's only so much work I'm willing to do.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#534187 May 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I have written thousands of narcotic prescriptions.
I know, that is why you total ignorance of addiction from pain medications shows what a poor doctor you were

It is a fact that opiate addiction from prolonged use causes physical and mental addiction

The physical addiction can go away with time after a period of withdrawal while the mental aspect always remains

You want to believe it isn't physical so you can justify your irresponsible practice of writing so many pain scripts with no comprehension of the consequences, blaming patients who become addicted as being mentally weak

You were a legal drug pusher for profit who stayed willfully ignorant of the medical realities to turn a profit

How can any doctor is today's day and age with all the information out there not know it causes physical addiction? I guess you just didn't want to know

The medical profession has a responsibility to its patients as they put their trust in doctors not to lead them down destructive paths

We can do better than you

Location hidden

#534188 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But shouldn't God intervene on some of the more evil posts?
>:)
Yeah!
That's what I wuz talk'n 'bout!
When you guys start ta talk'n yer ugly shint, he ought'a jist smite the whole world like he done with the Noah gang, an jist git it over with!

Location hidden

#534189 May 14, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong.
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
<quoted text>
Addiction is physiological, because psychological is physiological. There is a difference between the psychological aspect and the chemical dependency. Each can exist without the other, which is why it is important to distinguish between the two.
<quoted text>
What are you even talking about?
Caffeine, opiates, marijuana, alcohol? Gambling? Shopping?
<quoted text>
I can agree that prolonged opiate usage should lead to chemical dependency, but a person in a vegetative state could become chemically dependent without ever becoming addicted.
That's why these two words need to be used differently. They refer to different things. If you don't use these words, you will have to use others to describe what they describe, and they will not be technically interchangeable.
If you can agree that "psychological addiction" and "physical addiction" can each exist without the other, your argument is a semantic one. If we can draw a line between these two labels, we can draw a line between addiction and dependence.
It is not a semantic argument. One can exist without the other due to time and abstinence of using the drug. Eventually the physical addiction can go away, leaving just the mental addiction. That is why one can exist without the other. Or one can become mentally addicted before reaching the physically addicted state. But prolonged use guarantees physical addiction. That is why it is so dangerous to have doctors who don't understand this and think addiction is only mental and the result of someone being mentally weak. It is a rationalization out of ignorance and denial to justify peddling long-term treatment of pain meds without any concern for what the result will be

But anybody who takes opiates for a prolonged period of time will eventually become physically addicted to them. That physical addiction is what causes physical withdrawal.

This is simply a fact

Location hidden

#534190 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
One. Just one example of rolling a boulder uphill that'd be "natural"....
Is this a question?

I'm making fun of you, boulder.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Tell that to gays (or yourself) that use 'natural' as the generic defense of homosexuality.
I call homosexuality natural because it occurs in nature. I say it in response to those that call it unnatural. They either understand what these words mean, and are just incorrect, or are ignorantly using the wrong words to try to say something else.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So true. So why do you uphold irrational beliefs?
Got it, boss!
What irrational beliefs?

Location hidden

#534191 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahahaha! You're so right.
Just for shits and giggles, google "Zeus isn't real", "Odin isn't real" and "God isn't real"....
You'll be astonished at the vast number of atheist website dedicated to proving God isn't real...
Hilarious.
I don't believe Zeus is real. You know how much time I've spent proving to people the he isn't?
Zero.
Zeus wasn't the cause of 250 million deaths.

Location hidden

#534192 May 14, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Your understanding is juvenile.
I would have trusted the internist over the drug addict anyways, but I happen to know a little about addiction. Even if I didn't, I can read and evaluate information.
Apparently you can't

It is total ignorance to think opiates don't cause physical addiction

1) Dr Dan Hendrix MD

Opiate dependency is born once the physical addiction occurs
http://www.danheadrickmd.com/opiates/opiate-d...

2) Opiate addiction

" As a result, the person who is addicted to opiates experiences a physical dependence on the drug."
http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/addiction-ty...

2) Prescription opiate use rising among teens

This indicates the person is experiencing withdrawal from opiates as opiates cause physical dependence within the user
http://www.compassionateinterventions.com/dru...

4) Opiates - Dacco Community Education
Individuals using opiate drugs may become both psychologically and physically addicted to the drugs in as little as two weeks

http://dacco.org.temp.realssl.com/ACCORDION/C...

There is no excuse with the information available for any doctor not to know this. You can defend Ians till you are blue in the face. You are wrong

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#534193 May 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude.
Catcher has no soul.
A lot of heart, but narry a soul.
One can easily believe that "dude", but everyone has a soul, each one of which is precious to our Lord and Savior who is not willing that any man perish, including yours. Peace.

Location hidden

#534194 May 14, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
I like shiny things.
I like putting objects on my chest when I lay down. I don't know why. I do it all the time though. NOT POOP! I want to be clear, that was a one time thing.

Location hidden

#534195 May 14, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Adi Jeffery PHY - Phychology today

Physical addiction or psychological addiction – Is there a real difference?

There's no such thing as a purely psychological addiction

All in all, the only way to look at Addiction is as both a psychological addiction AND a physical addiction that are inextricably liked through our psyche's presence in the brain, a physical part of the body.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about...

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#534196 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand
Good to see ya:)
Alice/River is among the good, isn't she?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#534197 May 14, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> One can easily believe that "dude", but everyone has a soul, each one of which is precious to our Lord and Savior who is not willing that any man perish, including yours. Peace.
Yeah, that would be really nice.

But I just don't believe any of it.

Location hidden

#534198 May 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Hey Tide, how come you know so much about this stuff?

Location hidden

#534199 May 14, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Physical vs Psychological addiction

Dr David Sack

Physical addiction occurs when a person repeatedly introduces a chemical into their body and, over time, the body becomes dependent upon the chemical.

http://www.promises.com/articles/addiction/ps...

Let me know if you need more information to "process"

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#534200 May 14, 2013
Luke 24:37-40

But they were terrified and affrighted and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

And he said unto them.Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your heart?

Behold my hand and my feet,that is is I myself:handle me and see:for a spirit hath not flesh and bones as ye see me have.

And when he had thus spoken he showed them his hands and his feet.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534201 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you bringing up prayer for your leg to grow back, brings back memories about this lady, Joni Eareckson Tada. Her life is very inspirational, and I think you would appreciate her. Look her up. and if you're moved to, buy this book of hers
http://www.amazon.com/When-Weeps-Joni-Earecks...
That book will put life into perspective for you. It helped me to put the things I was complaining about in life, into perspective.
Thanks Tri but I wasn't complaining about anything. I was just making a point to Skom. The part about prayer for my leg to grow back was just a joke. My leg is gone. It's not coming back. I understood that as soon as the anesthesia wore off. I get by OK without it.

Location hidden

#534202 May 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Alice/River is among the good, isn't she?
Yep

Definitely on my Topix favorite people list

Her sense of humor and approach to life in general in rare in genera. Considering her age and the obstacles she has faced her perspective and light-hearted approach is all the more impressive

Location hidden

#534203 May 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> What a weak argument. It's the excluded middle or black and white fallacy. You will only consider two options, when there are certainly more.
So, lets look at that, no deity intervened, mankind stopped Hitler, Stalin helped(and Soviet forces lost from 8.7 million to as high as 20 million plus+ by estimates, and time eventually stopped Stalin.
No deity involved.
What does that have to do with my point?

If there was no free-will then individuals couldn't be responsible for their actions

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#534204 May 14, 2013
Luke 23:34&38

Then said Jesus,Father forgive them for they know not what they do.And they parted his raiment and cast lots.

And a superscription also was written over him in letter of Greek and latin and Hebrew THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Whiskey Ben Solo 17,216
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Billary Killed Se... 683,922
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Hukt on Fonix 983,249
That's all your good for God!!! 1 hr doG mnDaed lHyo i... 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr ChromiuMan 6,420
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr RottenR3d 46,266
We need better RideShare in Austin 14 hr RideshareDriverLi... 1
More from around the web