“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#534052 May 14, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
But you sure do speak of Him and those that believe quite a bit. Wonder why that is?
oy!, ain't it. And they really think anyone believes them when they say "I don't blame deities" lol.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#534053 May 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
The situation is not symmetric.
Way to go, post-chopper.

Like I said, you take posts out of context just like scripture.

No wonder you became atheist.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#534054 May 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the whole freewill thing is laughable.
This is my favorite example of that.
Matthew 26:34
34.) Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, Peter--this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know me."
Peter had to do that, no?
But wait, if he didn't, the the Jesus! would have given a false prophecy.
Peter had no choice.
I like when the Jesus! told Peter he would deny him three times before morning.
Could Peter have done any different? If so, how could the Jesus! be a god?
No, if Peter had done differently, the Jesus! couldn't have been the god. Not according to the bible. The moment the Jesus! said it would happen, it became prophecy. Peter had no freewill in the matter, he >had< to deny the Jesus! three times, as specified. If it didn't happen, then the Jesus! would have been a false prophet. And certainly not the god.
That notion of freewill that's said to exist within Christianity is nonexistent. Each time a prophecy is made by the god, there are conditions and requirements that humans are bound to follow or fulfill. There is no freewill within those conditions. If the deity says a thing or things will happen, it must happen as said and the participants must do as foretold, no?
And also, the god is trapped by what it knows it must do. What it can only do. It supposedly has a "plan", and prophesies conditions and components of that plan or prophecy. Then - it - must follow those conditions it has put forth. Whether the Christian wants to say that the god has known what will happen from it's vantage "outside of time", or some other bizarre explanation they'll give, in all instances, the deity must do as it either sees it will do, or does. No matter if it is outside of time, or smack dab in the thick of time, it can only do what it says it will do.
Adds a twist to "I am that I am".
(and only can be)
Whoa!

I'm not an atheist but I sure love reading your stuff.
:)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#534055 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah? Then why do you post a 4000 character post attempting to "prove" that we have no free will from God?
LOL..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534056 May 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> You said it right there:
"Many, many variables dictate our path and what options will be available"
Right, we have the illusion of free will. Within that illusion, we are limited in the choices we make.
OK, you don't believe in free will and you don't believe in God. Do you believe in fate or destiny?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#534057 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Dependence is addiction
How were you ever a doctor??
Once AGAIN
DEFINITION
drug addiction,
a condition characterized by an overwhelming desire to continue taking a drug to which one has become habituated through repeated consumption because it produces a particular effect, usually an alteration of mental status. Addiction is usually accompanied by a compulsion to obtain the drug, a tendency to increase the dose, a psychologic or PHYSICAL dependence, and detrimental consequences for the individual and society.
ADDICTION is defined as PHYSICAL DEPENDENCE as well as psychological
Are you just this stupid or this stubborn "doctor"
Good ol' "It Aint Necessarily True strikes again! LOL
I am gonna call you AINT from here on out. Maybe add a "t" in front of it..ya know, for Teddy!
~snicker
You can be addicted without being dependent and you can be dependent without being addicted.

Since dependence is often present when someone is addicted to a chemical compound, the older definitions and understandings of addiction included dependence, but they are separate phenomenon.

Dependence is not a requisite for addiction, even opiate addiction.

The particular definition you provided here does not support your conclusion.

"Addiction is usually accompanied by...." is not "Addiction is defined as..."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534058 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
There you go again.
But your plate is full with your church homework, so let's not get into just how different that was from what actually happened until you finish your church homework. Did you need the links on the definition of "the church" again?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Yup, there I go again. Asking you to provide a little evidence to your claim. In this case, that Christians and "the church" think Bush was anointed by God.

So far, you've demonstrated two (count 'em - TWO) Christians that agree and not one single church.

I await your bullshit.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534059 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't let those words make you feel inadequate. I'm sure that you're doing your level best to enhance your vocabulary at your own level and pace.
How are you doing with the word "church"?
Is it "church" or "the church" or "the American church".....?

*scratches head*

You flip-flop so much it's hard to keep up.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#534060 May 14, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> That is to YOUR damnation, not mine, and I believe God.
No you don't. If you believed God, you would know that you have been saved until the day of redemption...without condition, IF you have truly trusted the Lord.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#534061 May 14, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
for sharing some of what goes on in church that do so much for love. Real love is giving and without a doubt the older man you spoke of in your post is living proof.
Thanks Chris. Generally it doesnt impress me when people do the right thing. Dont get me wrong, I respect it but I am not normalled wowed when people do what decent people should do.After all, it is what they are supposed to do. But these two older priests impress me to no end. The epitome of the effect turning our lives over to Christ can have when we let go and let God completely. Just two of the kindest, most selfless men I have ever met. The kind of guys whose example is so overpowering you cant help but to want to get involved yourself and help. When guys in their mid 80s can do it then anyone can. And they dont judge and are not condenscending. They just love people and love Jesus and want to spread a message of love through word and deed. Its inspiring.(T) PEACE
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#534062 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so convinced in your beliefs, scar. Prolly as convinced as I am in mine.
There's no possible way you can change my mind and likely no possible way I can change yours.
What's the point?
Besides the one on top of your head?
None...lol

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534063 May 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, what I'm saying is that, if god gives us free will, there has to be some threshold or the god isn't decent, and the holocaust would clearly be over the top. That's why I can't buy the idea of a god!!!!
He'd be a sonofabitch to allow THAT to happen.
What about the crusades? The inquisition? AIDS? Malaria? Stillborn babies? Headaches? Toe fungus? Hot days? Cold days? ED? Dead flowers? Rapes? Murders? Etc? Etc? Etc?

Where would you wanna draw the line on what God should and shouldn't intervene on?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534064 May 14, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wasn't.
It was Brian of Monty Python.
Hey, how come you don't talk to me no mo?
Brian?

Lol

Have you heard?

(I'm sorry, I didn't notice I wasn't posting to you)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#534065 May 14, 2013
1 Kings 15:1-5

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

15 1 Abijam reigneth over Judah.&#8195;9 Asa succeedeth in his room.&#8195;16 The battle between Asa and Baasha.&#8195;24 Jehoshaphat succeedeth Asa.&#8195;25 Nadab succeedeth Jeroboam.&#8195;28 Baasha killeth Nadab.

1 And in the eighteenth year of King Jeroboam the son of Nebat, reigned Abijam over Judah.

2 Three years reigned he in Jerusalem, and his motherís name was Maachah the daughter of [a]Abishalom.

3 And he walked in all the sins of his father, which he had done before him: and his heart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as the heart of David his father.

4 But for Davidís sake did the Lord his God give him a [b]light in Jerusalem, and set up his son after him, and established Jerusalem,

5 Because David did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, and turned from nothing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534066 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So, your analogy was inapt, but you think that you still demonstrated something with it anyway?
You're not even trying.
Ok, boss!

Please try to pay attention. Is the point of all this just to argue or is it to try and sway people's attitudes and/or opinions?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534067 May 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame any god.
I don't believe in any god.
Try to understand that.
Huh...

"If he [God] is all-powerful, he would have prevented the holocaust unless he's dumb or nasty.

Obviously he's not dumb, because that negates the power.

It leaves us with nasty."

Kinda sounds like you're blaming God for not stopping the holocaust....
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#534068 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the atheists have talked themselves into not believing that we have free will because it alleviates humans of all of our wrongdoings and places the blame strictly in God's hands.
They don't want to blame people for our faults, they want to blame God.
They only want to thank humans for all of our accomplishments but not blame ourselves for our own faults.
They think that if there's no free will, it's all God's plan and God's fault.
Atheists? Agree? Disagree?
How can an atheist put a blame on something that they don't believe in?
You're gettin wacky, redneck.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534069 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense. You don't discuss a subject as vehemently as you do if you don't believe God exist. That is worldly illogical, and you should know since you atheist talk about "logic" so much.
Find a forum anywhere in the world with over a half a million writings where at least half or 250,000 writings is dedicated to denying the existence of the land of oz or against thor or against apollo. You protest so much to keep convincing yourself that the Christian God does not exist.
He shoots.....

.........he scores!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#534070 May 14, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be addicted without being dependent and you can be dependent without being addicted.
Since dependence is often present when someone is addicted to a chemical compound, the older definitions and understandings of addiction included dependence, but they are separate phenomenon.
Dependence is not a requisite for addiction, even opiate addiction.
The particular definition you provided here does not support your conclusion.
"Addiction is usually accompanied by...." is not "Addiction is defined as..."
You are wrong.Addiction ALWAYS means dependence. The only reason it can be described as one or thed other is if someone has not yet become physically addicted due to prolonged use. Once the use reaches whatever timeframe (that varies per individual) they will become physically addicted. That is an absolute undisputed fact. At some point, prolonged opiate usage will turn into physical addiction. There is just no way around that reality

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534071 May 14, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the people who do exist are to blame.
Blame for what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min MUQ2 39,591
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min River Tam 808,995
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min Ice-9 268,804
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 49 min Tony17 5,455
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 59 min marge 573,719
Is President Obama Really Christian? 1 hr Unga Bunga Malung... 92
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr WasteWater 5,537
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 hr Arul 5,623
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 19 hr Mille1234 93
More from around the web