Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#534118 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I didnt realize till now that he was pointing to the spelling error.
That's what I thought, you subliterate Dimwit.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#534119 May 14, 2013
How fair would it be on earth - if jails were opened and every crimminal was set free to roam amongst law abiding citizens?
....Rapists, murders, child molesters, wife abusers, thieves...all running free because they complained it wasn't fair that they have to go to jail.

While pondering that- please read~

Regarding people who claim Christians threaten them with hell....
Just letting you know-
~ It's up to God who goes to heaven-

True Christians preach for His sake - For His glory and His kingdom...with the best interest of the listener at our hearts.

It's not up to Christians to decide who goes to heaven. The facts are hard on the ear of non believers. However- it may just be the heart of the listener which causes the problem.

A heart which does not want to do anything different than they always have- but still wants the rewards of the faithful-feels threatened due to their own personal choices.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#534120 May 14, 2013
Heaven is sin free- GOD's rules~

A heart that has not accepted Christ and repented for their own personal sins- is a soul STILL in sin-

Christians can not rewrite the Bible to make heaven available to non believing loved ones and friends- We believe the entire Bible as His truth and will not pick and choose parts to throw out~

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#534121 May 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
That's what I thought, you subliterate Dimwit.
*waits for HL to knock you for belittling*

*or ANYBODY on 'your team'*

*and waits*

*and waits*

*and waits*

*and waits*

*and waits*

*and waits*

*and waits*

*and waits*

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#534122 May 14, 2013
THE longing for MORE~ More WHAT we don't KNOW--- so we try things that MIGHT make us 'happy'. Hoping for that dread to ease -
- that is how God seeks His children to ASK Him in
He is patient- So He waits for us to ask Him~ "Are YOU for real?"
He provides us each His grace of forgiveness- and His mercy erases the effects of our self made barriers and griefs. All in order that we may HAVE JOY~ instead OF happiness. Joy which encompasses every part of our day~ Guiding us to His type of Happy that is permanent . Not based on circumstance but based on LOVE~ Which He asks us to show to others~ so that THEY too may long for what is missing- and WANT what we have found. We have been BLESSED to have been delivered into "MORE".

For His purpose and His glory- and to our benefit we are saved

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#534123 May 14, 2013
Ephesians 3:14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Fennario

#534126 May 14, 2013
hick-up wrote:
a Homo sapien has always been a Homo sapien ...not something else that shed it's skin and a man walked out.
Yikes.
hick-up wrote:
So who am I to say that something I don't understand has or has not occurred?
Except that you just did.
hick-up wrote:
Who are you to say so?
I'm the guy who never says things like, "a Homo sapien has always been a Homo sapien ...not something else that shed it's skin and a man walked out."
hick-up wrote:
For any human to believe that they can explain away every single unexplained occurence is maddness.
So you settle on an explanation of magic?
hick-up wrote:
Perhaps the Hebrews were fleeing Egypt; that in itself isn't hard to accept.
It is for me. The Egyptian captivity and Exodus almost certainly never occurred. There are no records in Egypt of a Hebrew captivity, and no archeological evidence of Hebrew campsites in the region corresponding to a huge horde of people that was said to have been wandering for forty years - an unbelievable story by itself.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534127 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Being dependent on something doesn't always have to mean addiction
However addiction always means being dependent
The very definition of opiate addiction is being physically and psychologically dependent
Every addiction includes dependence.
As a doctor for IANS this should be basic medicine 101
In all honestly I find it very disturbing there are doctors (or were) that didn't know this and not only didn't know this but think someone addiction to drugs because they are mentally weak. I don't care who a person is, give them opiates for long enough and they will become addiction. That is just a fact.
Yet here you have a doctor that for a living prescribed these types of highly addictive drugs with the attitude that if someone got addicted it was their fault for being weak.
There are bad doctors and then there are bad doctors. Getting a doctor like this out of the system is like removing a cancerous growth. It is a very good thing he is no longer practicing. Someone like him should never have had the ability to write for addictive drugs given his complete ignorance about them
He and I may go back and forth but I give you my word I am not saying any of this for effect. I just can't emphasize enough how professionally irresponsible it is for a doctor to be this ignorant about additive medications and their effects when he prescribes them.
Anyway, hope your day is going well
Thanks Skom. I hope your day is going well too :)

To your point though; your first sentence of the post I responded to was:

Dependence is addiction.

I was just pointing out that I'm not addicted to the things that I'm dependent on.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534130 May 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "not a club" is meeting tomorrow at 7 at the usual place.
God help those who do not attend.
Happy Hour?

Fennario

#534133 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Dependence is addiction
Fool.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#534134 May 14, 2013
Mary Magdalene talks with Jesus.

John 20:16
Jesus saith unto her Mary she turned herself and saith unto him.Rabboni which is to say Master.

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her.Touch me not;for I am not yet ascended to my Father but go to my brethren and say unto them.I ascend unto my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#534136 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
The argument absolutely is to blame God
No, you may think of it that way, since you'd have to consider your mythic deity doesn't allow it(in considering your deity controls anything). So, cognitive dissonance has brought you to the conclusion he can't control any action you take.

But, you''ll claim your deity answers prayers and intercedes in the lives of people, then claim nothing of any misfortune type circumstance emanates from your deity, but never following the logic of the events you claim were a result of your deities "goodwill", by influence, may have altered decisions you will make later on, resulting in possibly bad circumstances.

I'll point out, again, within biblical text, there is no free will.
For instance: " 48)When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed." — Acts 13:48

"11) For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12) and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness." — 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

"4) For certain individuals individuals who were marked out for condemnation long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord." — Jude 1: 4

"4) For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5) he predestined us for adoption to sonship[b] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6) to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves." — Ephesians 1: 4-6

It's these types of inconsistencies and statements that illustrate your bible is myth, and further, that your claim of biblical free will isn't supported.

You've already admitted the instance of Peter and the denial of the Jesus!, was a special circumstance.

"Superman, Underdog, and The Jetsons can shown to be literal true accounts if we allow special pleadings to be admissable." - Anon

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#534137 May 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
You said it right there:
"Many, many variables dictate our path and what options will be available"
Right, we have the illusion of free will. Within that illusion, we are limited in the choices we make.
We have limited options, not just logistically, but also in our perceptions. We have the illusion that we can freely choose among these options autonomously. For the most part, that is not the case.

We may choose to go hiking because we like hiking because we went hiking with the family as a kid because our parents liked hiking because their parents never went hiking but our parents' friends went hiking and told stories about having fun hiking, which they did because their parents lived near a national forest that was saved as a national forest by a man that was concerned about responsible forestry management after witnessing the adverse effects of stripping the land bare by people that wanted to get the most profit out of a piece of land and they could because there was no regulating body to prevent them from doing that plus the demand for lumber was so great because of the.....and so on and so on all the way to the Big Bang, and maybe....BEYOND!

We'll never know how many bazillion contributing factors come in to play for the simplest decisions we make.

Location hidden

#534138 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
But ironically they also claim God should intervene. intervene to stop people not acting of their own free-will?
There is no god or deity to intervene, there are primitive stories of deities, but they rest on no evidence. The biblical stories equate to a comic book.

For you, you believe the bible represents reality.

You've got to then reconcile it somehow, so you come up with special circumstances and illogical explanations to do that.

Location hidden

#534140 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
And by the same token if we had no free will then man would not be responsible for anything he did. Hitler would be innocent. Stalin would be innocent
What a weak argument. It's the excluded middle or black and white fallacy. You will only consider two options, when there are certainly more.

So, lets look at that, no deity intervened, mankind stopped Hitler, Stalin helped(and Soviet forces lost from 8.7 million to as high as 20 million plus+ by estimates, and time eventually stopped Stalin.

No deity involved.

Location hidden

#534141 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
They want it both ways. They want to blame God if man doesn't have free will and blame him if he does
That's your theistic view. I don't intend this as a slight, but I understand it is difficult for theists to conceptualize not believing there is a deity...

..."Somewhere"...

Even trifecta has stated to the effect it must have been a deity, or, an "Intelligent Designer" that created "all".
trifecta1 wrote:
Everything comes from God or an Intelligent designer.
For trifecta, there is no other alternative. Maybe she meant the same thing(the Abrahamic deity), but, within the "Intelligent Design" hypothesis, the proponents clearly state they do not mean "god".

Location hidden

#534142 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
it is so much easier to see that people are responsible for their own actions.
I agree, completely, no matter how much you try to misconstrue what I say. We have limited free will, but within that constraint, we are responsible for, and make every decision or choice.
Skombolis wrote:
And God will eventually hold people accountable for their actions. But He gives everybody a shot with the gift of human life. If we wish to continue past that point, He has told us what needs to happen
That's your theistic belief.

Different from other theistic(different deity) beliefs, too.

All you can do is "strongly assert" your deity does anything.

Location hidden

#534143 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
And even more ironic is they really don't even want what they claim. God says homosexuality is immoral. So should God intervene and turn everyone straight? They want God to intervene but only when they say and in the situations they approve of.
I can't speak for all atheists, but I can say that for myself and many atheists, there is no expectation or belief that a deity is responsible for anything.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#534144 May 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool.
It's good to see that you're finally seeing in yourself what most of us have known about you for a long long time. That's progress for you little fella.

Remember, baby steps little fella baby steps. You just might get there someday. We'll all be pulling for you.

Location hidden

#534145 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
God doesn't answer to man.
Your deity doesn't answer anything. That's the nature of myth and nonexistence. Lots of stories, no evidence.

All the while theists insist it must be true.
Skombolis wrote:
It is the other way around
(T) Peace
Man answers himself. Man oft times creates his problems, and resolves those mistakes and problems. Man has never had assistance from any of the deity figures he imagines there to be.

Unless there is some sort of non biased evidence or proof you're aware of that hasn't been divulged.

If not, you might as well worship Superman, talk about Superman's attributes, tell me that Superman finds my non belief blasphemous, and that I'm an unwitting minion of... THE JOKER!.

To which I would respond, based upon the evidence:

"I don't have that belief"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Gods r Delusion x... 672,723
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Buck Crick 104,329
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Jehova Witness 981,087
------ POPE Francis **EXPOSED ------ 4 hr Patriot 2
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 5 hr Third eye blind 540
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web