Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#534032 May 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, what I'm saying is that, if god gives us free will, there has to be some threshold or the god isn't decent, and the holocaust would clearly be over the top. That's why I can't buy the idea of a god!!!!
He'd be a sonofabitch to allow THAT to happen.
God could have allowed the atomic bomb to be dropped on America a long time ago. You going to give God credit for not allowing that???

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#534033 May 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How proud you must be.
And thanks for all you do. I'm sure that you'll find a solution there.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Like I said, baby steps. Show me that you've mastered the lesson on the definition of the church, and we can move on to things like what that meant.
Anyway, it's not hard to see why I gave up on the conservative half of the country, and why I don't really try to dialog with it any more than I do with the Christians.
O_o

You said to ME that my "worst problem is lobbying".

You literally wrote: "Your worst problem is lobbying." Cut. Print. How am I supposed to take that?

Do I need to assume your generalizing or do I need to assume your speaking about me personally?

If you can't be clear, don't blame me for it.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#534035 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Being dependent on something doesn't always have to mean addiction
However addiction always means being dependent
The very definition of opiate addiction is being physically and psychologically dependent
Every addiction includes dependence.
As a doctor for IANS this should be basic medicine 101
In all honestly I find it very disturbing there are doctors (or were) that didn't know this and not only didn't know this but think someone addiction to drugs because they are mentally weak. I don't care who a person is, give them opiates for long enough and they will become addiction. That is just a fact.
Yet here you have a doctor that for a living prescribed these types of highly addictive drugs with the attitude that if someone got addicted it was their fault for being weak.
There are bad doctors and then there are bad doctors. Getting a doctor like this out of the system is like removing a cancerous growth. It is a very good thing he is no longer practicing. Someone like him should never have had the ability to write for addictive drugs given his complete ignorance about them
He and I may go back and forth but I give you my word I am not saying any of this for effect. I just can't emphasize enough how professionally irresponsible it is for a doctor to be this ignorant about additive medications and their effects when he prescribes them.
Anyway, hope your day is going well
Hey Skom. Wanted to thank you for sharing some of what goes on in church that do so much for love. Real love is giving and without a doubt the older man you spoke of in your post is living proof. Take care.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#534036 May 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
One more time: I don't blame something I don't believe exists.
But you sure do speak of Him and those that believe quite a bit. Wonder why that is?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#534037 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>???oy!lol. Someone tell you I in congress?? or work in the white house?? I can't pass no law. It take the whIte house, the senate and the house of representatives to pass laws in the U.S. So I no what you talking about me passing some law.[QUOTE]
"You" as a collective.
You can't even understand basic English, what makes you think you can understand any factual information?
Oh, right...you don't.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534038 May 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
No, I said I found it simplistic, and not difficult to understand.
Don't you dare ever accuse me of forgetfulness, this is an excerpt from YOUR post from about an hour ago.

"It isn't. It's simplistic. It is from the worldview of a people from that time who thought that is what the world was."

===

Did you see the part where you wrote that *you* found it simplistic?? No? Odd...

Then you follow a few paragraphs later with:

"Right, I think it can be safely said that no one understands it, although many claim to understand it beyond a doubt."

===

So I ask AGAIN. Which is it, simplistic or no one understands it?
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#534039 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I understand the bible and Jesus' requirement of Faith, just fine <quoted text>Logic is needed to live and succeed on earth, that why God gave mankind logic. Spiritual Faith, is for the afterlife. You can operate fine in this life and on this earth, with just logic. To know the spiritual world/kingdom and afterlife, Jesus says it requires faith. As [long] as your soul is in your body and living on this earth, you have all right, to laugh, at Faith.
The ancient Egyptians believed in the afterlife and they didn't need faith.
And that was thousands of years before the Jesus thing.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#534040 May 14, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
If god is an SOB then he must be a dog...lol
Oh-Oh!
You're gonna be tossed into the sea of inferno with lil whiskers.
You and I don't generally agree on too much, but you are right about that poster that you have just responded to, that was one of the most blasphemous posts that I have ever read from someone who claim that they believe in Christ, but not in his word, hypocrisy abounds.

Montreal

#534041 May 14, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening Khatru. no sir/mam, it should be no problem whatsoever, even if you don't know what is correct or incorrect on a doctrinal level given the many interpretations from different Christian denominations, you should know within yourself that you do have a freewill to chose or reject, God will guide a true honest and sincere heart in HIS truth and will lead you to where the truth is being preached in it's fullness.

IF you ARE sincere about wanting to know these things and you honestly want to be saved..........then pray, and God WILL steer you right. Peace.
I don't think any of us actually believe you.
Do you believe yourself?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#534042 May 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Nonsense. You don't discuss a subject as vehemently as you do if you don't believe God exist. That is worldly illogical, and you should know since you atheist talk about "logic" so much.

Find a forum anywhere in the world with over a half a million writings where at least half or 250,000 writings is dedicated to denying the existence of the land of oz or against thor or against apollo. You protest so much to keep convincing yourself that the Christian God does not exist.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534043 May 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that the Iraqi people are eternally grateful for all that was done to them by the Americans.
You might have missed this, which addresses that issue:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Your sarcasm and dreadful opinion of the actions of the US military is noted.

Keep in mind that Iraqis finally get to vote - something you should appreciate.

Montreal

#534044 May 14, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>But you sure do speak of Him and those that believe quite a bit. Wonder why that is?
Because the people who do exist are to blame.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#534045 May 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
I understand in actuality you wouldnt blame a diety you dont believe exists. I am talking about within the confines of these discussions. You are making judgements about God. Call it a hypothetical or however yolu wish to qualify it. But you are basically saying if God existed that we as Christains believe in that he would be at fault for doing this or not doing that. I think it is understood the context in which this is being discussed. I know you dont believe God exists. But it isnt like I am saying "how can you ask why God didnt stop the Holocaust when you dont even believe He exists" I think you have to give us the same latitude if you want to have hypothetical debates. And in this particular debate you are blaming God.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534046 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The argument absolutely is to blame God
But ironically they also claim God should intervene. intervene to stop people not acting of their own free-will?
And by the same token if we had no free will then man would not be responsible for anything he did. Hitler would be innocent. Stalin would be innocent
They want it both ways. They want to blame God if man doesn't have free will and blame him if he does
it is so much easier to see that people are responsible for their own actions. And God will eventually hold people accountable for their actions. But He gives everybody a shot with the gift of human life. If we wish to continue past that point, He has told us what needs to happen
And even more ironic is they really don't even want what they claim. God says homosexuality is immoral. So should God intervene and turn everyone straight? They want God to intervene but only when they say and in the situations they approve of.
God doesn't answer to man. It is the other way around
(T) Peace
<standing ovation>

Nicely said, my man.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#534047 May 14, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it, I love when he says things just "poofed" into existence.
Oh well, in that case I'll tell u this one: Did u hear about the magician who was gay?
He vanished with a poof!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#534048 May 14, 2013
There is no collective. My actions beliefs and life by myself I will give an account for.
[QUOTE who="Lacez"]<quot ed text>
"You" as a collective.
You can't even understand basic English, what makes you think you can understand any factual information?
Oh, right...you don't.
Choose your context better and maybe you will get somewhere.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#534049 May 14, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
But you sure do speak of Him and those that believe quite a bit. Wonder why that is?
Good point Bro, that is the case with nearly all of them, why go to such lengths to try and disprove something that you don't believe in, anyone who is contented in their disbelief would not waste their time here, crazy.

Peace.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534050 May 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I never blame your mythic deity for anything.
I may point out inconsistencies within your religious mythology, but I don't blame deities for anything.
Oh yeah? Then why do you post a 4000 character post attempting to "prove" that we have no free will from God?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#534051 May 14, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think any of us actually believe you.
Do you believe yourself?
That is to YOUR damnation, not mine, and I believe God.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#534052 May 14, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
oy!, ain't it. And they really think anyone believes them when they say "I don't blame deities" lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 18,136
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 684,021
harthside COOKIES 5 min C eh N eh D eh 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 49 min Aerobatty 983,396
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 4 hr Mikeylikesit 29
Any women like to sit on guys faces and fart? (Feb '15) 6 hr Jimjim3100 21
Testing. 8 hr ImPeach 3
More from around the web