#533872 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Dependence is addiction
How were you ever a doctor??
Once AGAIN
DEFINITION
drug addiction,
a condition characterized by an overwhelming desire to continue taking a drug to which one has become habituated through repeated consumption because it produces a particular effect, usually an alteration of mental status. Addiction is usually accompanied by a compulsion to obtain the drug, a tendency to increase the dose, a psychologic or PHYSICAL dependence, and detrimental consequences for the individual and society.
ADDICTION is defined as PHYSICAL DEPENDENCE as well as psychological
Are you just this stupid or this stubborn "doctor"
Good ol' "It Aint Necessarily True strikes again! LOL
I am gonna call you AINT from here on out. Maybe add a "t" in front of it..ya know, for Teddy!
~snicker
I'm dependent on a prosthetic leg and/or crutches to walk. I'm not addicted to them. When my corporeal leg grows back (keep praying Christians), I'll have no problem donating both to other people who are dependent on those things. I won't need any therapy (other than for believing that somebody can pray my leg to grow back).

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#533873 May 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the commonality is they believe Jesus died on the cross, was resurrected and ascended to heaven .....
The majority yes, but not all.

There is nothing "common" across all sects and denominations of Christianity.

One could also easily argue that Islam is just another form (and closer to early Christian beliefs) of Christianity.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#533874 May 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thanks G. If there is a God, people are a reflection of what is ..
If that's true then we are all fcucked.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#533875 May 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
If a arsenkoite or lesbian could show me one univocal statement in the bible where it is written that god accepts hømosexuals as his children and god is ok with hømosexuality if it´s done with consent, I am ready to accept gay ppl today.If a hømosexual show me one proof from the bible(no gay bible)where it is written that hmosexuality is right I would intercede right now for gay marriages.
is there a difference to you in Jesus rejecting the gay sexual lifestyle, and Jesus rejecting the person that is gay?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#533877 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Tide says so?
Do you disagree?

Location hidden

#533879 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah. Hey there... Stealing is natural, it happens in nature - you should accept it and not punish people for being natural....
<quoted text>
It's disgusting and ugly. Do what you want in your sex life, but don't expect everyone to agree with it or think its moral.
And don't get all pissy when you hear an objection to it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's disgusting and ugly. Do what you want in your sex life, but don't expect everyone to agree with it or think its moral.
And don't get all pissy when you hear an objection to it.
Why do you think about it at all? Do you see that activity in public often? Have you ever seen it in public?

When you see me in the mall holding hands with another girl, do you think, "They're going to lick each others vagina's later. How disgusting"?

If I saw you and Mrs. Neck holding hands, I'd think, "Awww, that's sweet". What you may or may not do in your bedroom never enters my mind.

Location hidden

#533880 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that's the freethink motto...
If you don't agree with them, you're a liar, a bigot, racist, intolerant and ignorant.
Only when you are.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533881 May 14, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm dependent on a prosthetic leg and/or crutches to walk. I'm not addicted to them. When my corporeal leg grows back (keep praying Christians), I'll have no problem donating both to other people who are dependent on those things. I won't need any therapy (other than for believing that somebody can pray my leg to grow back).
you bringing up prayer for your leg to grow back, brings back memories about this lady, Joni Eareckson Tada. Her life is very inspirational, and I think you would appreciate her. Look her up. and if you're moved to, buy this book of hers

http://www.amazon.com/When-Weeps-Joni-Earecks...

That book will put life into perspective for you. It helped me to put the things I was complaining about in life, into perspective.

Location hidden

#533883 May 14, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't talk to the "Epiphanyists" on this thread......
I do.

Hi Epi !!

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#533884 May 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's true then we are all fcucked.
.. think about your children and how you feel about them ..

.. I think most people are decent and honest ..

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#533885 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You get your info from bumper sticker?!? O_o Excuse me. BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!
It aint necessarily so wrote:

Yes. I saw thousands of those bumper stickers exhorting the god to bless America, but not one asking it to protect innocent Iraqis. And I learned something from that. I think it's obvious. Christians didn't care about the Iraqis.
It isn't very patriotic to have a "God bless Iraq" bumper sticker. Did you have one?
Keep in mind that these are the same Iraqi citizens that many of you refer to when trying to justify the military action, which we will hear saved those people from a cruel despot. I think you posted that recently yourself.
My heart goes out to those people, I'm glad America went in and removed their tyrannical dictators.

Hussein was murdering his own citizens, IANS. Do you understand that?

I spoke with an Iraqi-American just a few months ago. He was so very proud and thankful to what America did for his homeland. He was nearly in tears when he was telling me of the first time he voted.

He was finally proud to call Iraq his home.

America helped them finally be free.

And you chastise us for "war mongering" or ignoring the innocents that died.

Screw you, man.
The implication was that you care about those people. But not enough to ask your god to bless them from harm - just enough to bomb them and their families into freedom.
I did not ask God to be with them or keep them from harm?!?

How are you privy to this misinformation?
Who do you think you're kidding about your sentiments?
Obviously not a brain dead freethinker like you.

Go throw your protest sign at Al Qaeda.

That'll stop em.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#533886 May 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Note the contradiction between Mark and Matthew/Luke.
In reality it should read "Those who are not with us, and those not against us, probably don't give a rat's ass about us or our beliefs."
If A+B=C Then C-b=A and C-A=B

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533887 May 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not god the almighty honey.
I believe Jesus is part of the Almighty God, but that not important to the question. Let's put God in terms of your definition then. Do you think there is a difference between God rejecting the gay person, and God rejecting the sexual lifestyle of the gay person?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533889 May 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. that's a belief, not a fact ..
I know.

So is "there is no god" or "there is no hell" or "the bible is only a myth", etc etc.

But I don't see you stopping to inform anyone who posts that sort of nonsense that it's "a belief, not a fact"....

Imagine that.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#533891 May 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You ought to know: Felon, drug addict, and pathological liar.
The entire thread seems to be on to you. It's obvious why you don't like others comparing notes about you.
Where you got the idea that the entire thread seems to be on to him I don’t know. There are plenty percent wise that are on to you.

Oh and since you say otherwise Skombolis is moping the floor with you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#533892 May 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
.. think about your children and how you feel about them ..
.. I think most people are decent and honest ..
I would say some, not most. The world is a testament to humanity.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533893 May 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comparison of a drivers manual to the bible is a poor analogy.
You are correct in pointing out a drivers manual doesn't teach you how to drive.
However... What it does teach, are the regulations.
There are rules and mandates in a drivers manual, and those are immutable, you must adhere to those rules. They don't teach you to drive, they teach you that in order to drive, you must follow those rules.
If people followed the bible in that manner, then your analogy would work. The reason the analogy doesn't work is simple, and that is; Christians decide to disregard the rules and regulations of the bible on a whim.
In comparing that method of biblical "interpretation", or, "revelation" to a drivers manual, it'd be much like deciding to disregard stop signs, yield signs, posted speed limits, and stop lights because:
"I've read the manual, and my understanding of the manual overrides the instructions contained there... I don't need to follow the rules and regulations, a stop light or a speed limit only applies to other people, not me...".
No, it's a good analogy. A driver's manual only spells out the basics. Without a proper driving instructor, those 'basics' are pretty useless. You can read all you want that you have to stop at a stop sign, but until you've done it a dozen times, and been taught how to do it right, you're not good at it.

What happens when you come to an intersection with no stop signs? Or that's under construction? Or that there's been an accident? These are things that only experience can teach you what to do, not simply by reading the manual.

The bible works in a similar fashion. You can read it all you want (something Topix atheists profess is all that's needed), but without proper instruction, guidance, training and education - it won't do you much good.

One cannot simply read the Bible and say that they understand it, it is one of the most complex books ever compiled in our history. It's rich with metaphor, analogies, literal interpretations, historical facts and historical myths. Only by studying it can one begin to understand. That's why there are people out there that have studied the Bible for 40, 50 even 60 years and still don't understand the thing.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#533894 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>... The written word is the mode of communication God chose,....
So says your religion.

I hear, see, smell and feel God every moment of every day. Your magic book is meaningless.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533896 May 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. somebody posted an obscene remark to Lasez under your handle of RR but from an anonymous server. Was that you ??..
I doubt it. What was the remark?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533897 May 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure I understand your question.
Someone can be gay, and not engaging in sexual activities with the same sex.

It's not the sexual experience that makes someone gay. A man or woman can have a sexual encounter with the the same sex, that does not mean they are gay, could be just a one time thing then they go back to having sex with the opposite sex.

It's the mind and conscience, that makes someone gay. It's being sexual attracted to the same sex, that makes someone gay. It's sexual attraction to the same sex that makes someone gay.

So, I asking you. Is it the same to you God rejecting the gay person that just has a sexual attraction to the same sex but not engaging in sexual activities? and a gay person committing sexual acts with the same sex. You think God should reject both? or is there a difference to you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min pusherman_ 584,162
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min pusherman_ 828,459
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 33 min truth 3,450
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 33 min AussieBobby 226
Bogazici SIEMENS TARABYA MAHALLESİ ( 299 1... 34 min homeson 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 40,144
john wayne was gay (Nov '07) 2 hr who 232
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr duststorm 442,863
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr karvinman 176,528
More from around the web