Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#533935 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>but you have no truth.
If your god is real, then the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real.
If your god is real, then every other god is real.

Unless you can prove yours.
Yet since you can't, and constantly refuse to, you show that you are lying.

If you can't back up your own claims, they are invalidated just by your inability to back them up.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#533936 May 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it'as way out on that.
What's worse is when people still believe the bible got it right.
It makes me wonder how they remember to breathe.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#533937 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to take this chance to bring up the bible's huge, off-the-charts error in the estimation of the world's age.
<quoted text>
The bible never gives the earth's age.
You people are funny.
Glad to hear you say that.

You wouldn't believe how many people I've met on Topix who have got it all worked out.

They've gone back and added up all the time periods between who begat who and have come up with our universe being created approximately 6000 years ago.

I know, it's silly, isn't it?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#533938 May 14, 2013
I understand the bible and Jesus' requirement of Faith, just fine
[QUOTE who="scaritual"]< quoted text>
hahaaa...
You understand very little of what you read, and you just illustrated why the deity would not, and could not have inspired religious texts to follow it, understand it, or fulfill its desires, since, as you've just said humans must abandon logic - which must have been placed there by the deity if you claim the deity created humans - and utilize a faith supported belief that has no unbiased evidence or proof, which defies - the deity created - logic.
Logic is needed to live and succeed on earth, that why God gave mankind logic. Spiritual Faith, is for the afterlife. You can operate fine in this life and on this earth, with just logic. To know the spiritual world/kingdom and afterlife, Jesus says it requires faith. As [long] as your soul is in your body and living on this earth, you have all right, to laugh, at Faith.

Watford, UK

#533939 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of like to know what scripture you're using to dictate that Christians have instructions to kill followers of other religions.
Please. I'd like to correct you and you're misunderstanding.
No probs.
Khatru wrote:
Assuming there is a cosmic mega-being, then no.

However, we could have done without the instructions to kill followers of other religions.

What kind of holy book contains instructions to kill other people anyway? A pretty degenerate one, I'd say.
As you'll see from what I said, I was referring to the bible containing instructions to kill those who exercise freedom of religion....

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."

Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT

"Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death."

Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533940 May 14, 2013
you can believe the spaghetti monster is real.
[QUOTE who="Lacez"]<quot ed text>
If your god is real, then the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real.
If your god is real, then every other god is real.
Unless you can prove yours.
Yet since you can't, and constantly refuse to, you show that you are lying.
If you can't back up your own claims, they are invalidated just by your inability to back them up.
...And it's not my job or am I required to prove God to you. It's your job to prove, or disprove God to yourself. You did a good job of disproving God to yourself, pat yourself on the back writer.

Watford, UK

#533941 May 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
Khatru. Everyone who rejects one single law from the laws of the Moses and says Jesus died for my sins has already rejected the almighty god completly.
Do they have to break the law AND accept Jesus?

In other words, both?

Or is it OK to break the laws of Moses but reject Jesus.

Watford, UK

#533942 May 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who rejects one single laws from god has rejected god completly.Khatru
So wearing mixed fabrics or not exiling menstruating women means we're screwed?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#533943 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
you can believe the spaghetti monster is real. <quoted text>...And it's not my job or am I required to prove God to you. It's your job to prove, or disprove God to yourself. You did a good job of disproving God to yourself, pat yourself on the back writer.
No man has ever proved that God exists, trifecta1, so how would you suggest that someone would disprove God exists? Can you disprove unicorns exist, Loch Ness Monster, Sasquatch. Many people have sworn that they have seen the Lock Ness monster and many others state they have seem Sasquatches. Can you prove they don't exist?

I don't think they exist, but I certainly can't prove it.

With perhaps 3 to 5 billion people claiming that the Abrahamic God exists, it would seem rational, would it not, that at least some of those people have proof of God's existence? Heck, I would settle for even one man in the whole 7+ billion humans on this earth providing proof of God's existence, as long as he can show us that proof.

Until someone can prove God exists, is it not just meaningless chatter to keep insisting that God exists? Why spend so many hours of so many humans' lives wasting time on something that not any of those people know exists?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#533944 May 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
Remember the story of Onan? The guy who spilled his seed.
He used free will and God struck him dead.
So much for free will.
Yeah, the whole freewill thing is laughable.

This is my favorite example of that.

Matthew 26:34
34.) Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, Peter--this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know me."

Peter had to do that, no?

But wait, if he didn't, the the Jesus! would have given a false prophecy.

Peter had no choice.

I like when the Jesus! told Peter he would deny him three times before morning.

Could Peter have done any different? If so, how could the Jesus! be a god?

No, if Peter had done differently, the Jesus! couldn't have been the god. Not according to the bible. The moment the Jesus! said it would happen, it became prophecy. Peter had no freewill in the matter, he >had< to deny the Jesus! three times, as specified. If it didn't happen, then the Jesus! would have been a false prophet. And certainly not the god.

That notion of freewill that's said to exist within Christianity is nonexistent. Each time a prophecy is made by the god, there are conditions and requirements that humans are bound to follow or fulfill. There is no freewill within those conditions. If the deity says a thing or things will happen, it must happen as said and the participants must do as foretold, no?

And also, the god is trapped by what it knows it must do. What it can only do. It supposedly has a "plan", and prophesies conditions and components of that plan or prophecy. Then - it - must follow those conditions it has put forth. Whether the Christian wants to say that the god has known what will happen from it's vantage "outside of time", or some other bizarre explanation they'll give, in all instances, the deity must do as it either sees it will do, or does. No matter if it is outside of time, or smack dab in the thick of time, it can only do what it says it will do.

Adds a twist to "I am that I am".

(and only can be)

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#533945 May 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see your interpretation of those scriptures but I can't see where they say that we got our free will from your god.
Are our decisions controlled by free will?
Not according to this....
"In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will"
Ephesians 1:11
When we choose to believe that the tugging at our heart is God- it is because we have already experienced things that move us in the direction of believing in something bigger than ourselves. As we accept Him- other things come into place seemingly like magic.- More of what we have lived -starts to make sense and what has been done to us and the me me me factor takes a back seat compared to what our experiences could do to help others out of where we have been.
We are freely choosing to see life in a better light. Which Gods Word tells us will happen. But we find it out before we ever study the Bible or before we even SAW these promises in writing.

My favorite verses--- one seems selfish to be a favorite- but here it is:
Mark 5:34He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."

In choosing to trust and believe- healings happened in many areas of my life.

The other favaorite is John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.~*~
Then if you kep reading you will again see the topic of choice~

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of GodÂ’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#533946 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
So is "there is no god" or "there is no hell" or "the bible is only a myth", etc etc.
But I don't see you stopping to inform anyone who posts that sort of nonsense that it's "a belief, not a fact"....
Imagine that.
.. yes, I do. Many times I have said, "We don't know." Said it again today. Why are you suddenly so sarcastic ??..

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#533947 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I understand the bible and Jesus' requirement of Faith, just fine <quoted text>Logic is needed to live and succeed on earth, that why God gave mankind logic. Spiritual Faith, is for the afterlife. You can operate fine in this life and on this earth, with just logic. To know the spiritual world/kingdom and afterlife, Jesus says it requires faith. As [long] as your soul is in your body and living on this earth, you have all right, to laugh, at Faith.
Sure, sure.

'Abandon all logic, ye who enter here, else it's gonna sound like any other myth, and you mustn't believe in those, because they aren't logical and obviously so, but this one is real..."

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533948 May 14, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
No man has ever proved that God exists, trifecta1, so how would you suggest that someone would disprove God exists? Can you disprove unicorns exist, Loch Ness Monster, Sasquatch. Many people have sworn that they have seen the Lock Ness monster and many others state they have seem Sasquatches. Can you prove they don't exist?
I don't think they exist, but I certainly can't prove it.
With perhaps 3 to 5 billion people claiming that the Abrahamic God exists, it would seem rational, would it not, that at least some of those people have proof of God's existence? Heck, I would settle for even one man in the whole 7+ billion humans on this earth providing proof of God's existence, as long as he can show us that proof.
Until someone can prove God exists, is it not just meaningless chatter to keep insisting that God exists? Why spend so many hours of so many humans' lives wasting time on something that not any of those people know exists?
So why the heck you keep coming here everyday talking about it if it meaningless?? oy!. look at yourself writer.

As usual, it's always repetitive with you.

It is no one's job to prove God to you or anyone, but prove God only to themselves.

I repeat...

It is no one's job to prove God to you or anyone, but prove God only to themselves.

No one is responsible for your soul, except [you]. if you don't believe you have a soul, then so be it.

Now, I don't gamble, but I bet before the week is out you going to come back and start you writing just like you start this one with....[No man has ever proved that God exists], lol!iyai!lol

With Established Harem

#533949 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it. What was the remark?
.. won't repeat it ..

With Established Harem

#533950 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't. I dunno why.
I have absolutely accepted gays. I have one gay friend, he's actually a co-worker of Mrs Redneck, he's cool as shit. I dig the guy as a person.
But I cannot accept that what gays do is "normal". My version of normal, anyway.
I will never and have never accepted hate crimes or discrimination to gays. Ever.
I just don't see them as normal.
Does that make me an evil person?
.. for gays, it's quite normal ..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533951 May 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, sure.
'Abandon all logic, ye who enter here, else it's gonna sound like any other myth, and you mustn't believe in those, because they aren't logical and obviously so, but this one is real..."
...and [you] have made the decision that the Christian God is a myth based on logic. Christianity will keep adding to it's billions, based on Faith in Jesus Christ. it works out for you, it works out for Christianity.

With Established Harem

#533952 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Spiritual Faith, is for the afterlife.
.. huh ??..

“~ Prince of Peace~”

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#533954 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand the bible, scar. It ain't an "instruction book". It doesn't teach you how to be a good Christian all on its on. It's a starting point only.
Look at it like a driver's manual. They don't teach you how to drive, just give you the basics and you move on from there and become a better driver.
Exactly.......

“~ Prince of Peace~”

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#533955 May 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do you want to "spread God's love & light," or, what you found ??..
How can I explain what I have FOUND to people that have no knowledge of what I am talking about....It is like speaking a foreign language that some people can understand and others can't (and won't try to find the key for interpretation)

I'll stick with showing Jesus to the World by spreading Gods Love and Light

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Insults Are Easier 29,816
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Rosesz 637,928
Do women like male butts? How do I know if I ha... (Oct '11) 59 min slurps1017 66
"At times", ""I"" have "felt like" a "battered ... 1 hr Shakez2438 3
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Nipz8146 18,496
How can i install Diablo 3 1 hr Lipstick3036 3
"After" Spurs DESTROY Thunder, will Durant beco... 1 hr Dripz4646 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Raspberry8445 181,945
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Grinder1373 43,902
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr pusherman 968,872
More from around the web