Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#533851 May 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>

Get an education and stop listening to people as uneducated as yourself.
But you [less] educated, that's why I don't listen to you.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533852 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand the bible, scar. It ain't an "instruction book". It doesn't teach you how to be a good Christian all on its on. It's a starting point only.
Look at it like a driver's manual. They don't teach you how to drive, just give you the basics and you move on from there and become a better driver.
Well said.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#533853 May 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
The American church is highly politicized.

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Which ones?

Have you met the Dimwit yet? You could study together. Take one fact each and work on it for three or four months to see if you can assimilate it.
He can work on addiction vs dependence, and you can work on learning a second meaning of the word "church." You could use flash card.
I'll bet that you could do it if you applied yourselves for a few hours each day, and quizzed and exhorted one another. I'm thinking of the scene from The Miracle Worker where Helen finally learns the word "water" after weeks of intensive training. I'm not looking for miracles here, so I'm giving you months. And she was at an advantage being only blind and deaf.
This should give you inspiration. One minute of it is enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lUV65sV8nu0XX
So you can't pinpoint any particular churches and you know that some churches get political so you just generalize and stereotype all of them.

You do the same with Christians.

You're an intolerant bigot.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#533854 May 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
And just because you believe so doesn´t make it true.
My statement is true, regardless of whether God exists or not; since no one knows if God exists, then what I said has to be a true statement. It has nothing to do with my beliefs. I don't have any beliefs concerning any god. I just know that if a god does exist, we haven't yet got proof of that, so I am without knowledge or belief in a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#533855 May 14, 2013
We know Christianity, and we know what kinds of people it generates. We know your (collective) values and priorities. We know what you care about, and what you don't care about.

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I will. But first you compare the number if atheists complaining about Christianity instead of unjust death.

OK. The Christians didn't do as well as the atheists. The atheists tend to criticize both. I didn't get that from you or the others commenting on the deaths, maimings and uprootings of ordinary people in the wrong place. Whenever you discuss such matters, there's an air of indifference and justification. There seems to be a bias to whitewash the stains of the military that same way you do the god.
Ya great.

But who? You didn't compare the number of atheists complaining about Christianity instead of unjust death.

Try again.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#533856 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You putting some thought into the Christian philosophy writer, good for you.
Maybe when it's all said and done you will realize is the individual Christian lifelong spiritual experience with Jesus Christ that is main thing. other than that the bible is there, only as a guide.
If a Christian don't have a spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ, they might as well put down the bible.
After Christ, the Law of the bible, is second place. First place is to be Born Again spiritually by the Spirit of YHWH, and that can only happen believing on Yeshua. Then that person will be under GRACE (covered by the blood of Christ), not the law.
John 3:3
Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."
Spiritually, born again.
Now you see why when you and others try and use the bible to criticize the Jesus Follower, it mostly fall on deaf ears. Because the number one priority for the Jesus Follower(or at least it should be), is their personal spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ, then AFTER, the bible.
You put the bible first to criticize the jesus follower, the Jesus Follower putting it second.
An agreement, is impossible.
Yes, the bible is needed to know about Jesus Christ. But is not the bible that sustains the Jesus Follower, is the Spirit of God.
That why in other countries where the bible illegal, the police can take the bible from the Jesus Follower, but by then, it too late. If the Jesus Follower born again..the bible becomes a luxury, not a necessity, because they don't need it.
That returns to my central point, without the bible, you wouldn't know what you believe you should believe, you have faith you're believing how you're to believe according to the bible, regardless if it's in the bible or not.
Name appears on post

Kingston, PA

#533857 May 14, 2013
What is the point of free will? God knows all, so he must also have willed who is damned and who is saved. Though, for me, this just proves that everyone will be saved. Though for those who don't believe that, or for those who are incredibly fundamentalist, Predestination would HAVE to be the answer, correct? So that would mean some are going to Hell just for being born, according to those beliefs.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#533858 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>good for you writer!
So you appreciate heavy sarcasm, yet you can't take the truth.
Well, I guess it was to be expected.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#533859 May 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**When you say - "They all" - that's the one time that all of the variations of beliefs that disagree with each other, those individuals that call themselves "Christian", will all claim to be of the same "belief", even though they aren't of the same beliefs.
Thousands of Christians, all following that special version of Christianity that they've designed for themselves, yet all claiming to believe the same thing, when its anything but that.
.. the commonality is they believe Jesus died on the cross, was resurrected and ascended to heaven ..

.. everything else is debatable and creates dissension. Believers join together when the situation demands it. Consider Mormons & Catholics combining resources to pass Proposition 8 ..
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>And how is it that this book they follow, that is supposed to be the final authority and "word", be subject to such wide ranging interpretations - at the mandate of a cleric in most instances, as you pointed out - when a deity is alleged to have been so clear and specific in communicating its desire vary so much from person to person, sect to sect?
.. a wise spiritual guide is necessary, one that does not want to give you his/her religion, convert you, one that will allow you to whittle your own design ..
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text> When you're discussing the beliefs with a believer, I've no doubt you or I or another is always wrong. That's the formula. Say you're a Christian, and even if you disagree with another "Christian", they'll overlook what you think is right or wrong.
.. this is precisely why I will never reveal my belief or non-belief on this thread. Why subject yourself to ridicule ??..
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
Agreed, and in regards to Christianity(other religions, too), all of that comes from the instruction book(S), that are proffered as being perfect, and without error or impossible to misunderstand.
The "spirit" tells them this, and "faith" is what assures them what they believe is right. Even when the book says differently.
.. faith is usually based on personal experience ..
Name appears on post

Kingston, PA

#533860 May 14, 2013
I mean, some say there's the issue of "grace," but God STILL knows, right? Can God "unknow" something? Or choose NOT to know?

With Established Harem

#533861 May 14, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was one BIG wink....LOL
I can only speak for myself Scar....On how being a follower of Christ affects me. I Believe we will ALL be judged one day for our sins.....I don't tell people how to think or feel...I want to spread Gods Love and Light....
Have a GOoD day Scar
.. do you want to "spread God's love & light," or, what you found ??..

With Established Harem

#533862 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God is Jesus. Jesus is God.
When Jesus died on the cross, it WAS God.
.. that's a belief, not a fact ..

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#533863 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand the bible, scar. It ain't an "instruction book". It doesn't teach you how to be a good Christian all on its on. It's a starting point only.
Look at it like a driver's manual. They don't teach you how to drive, just give you the basics and you move on from there and become a better driver.
Your comparison of a drivers manual to the bible is a poor analogy.

You are correct in pointing out a drivers manual doesn't teach you how to drive.

However... What it does teach, are the regulations.

There are rules and mandates in a drivers manual, and those are immutable, you must adhere to those rules. They don't teach you to drive, they teach you that in order to drive, you must follow those rules.

If people followed the bible in that manner, then your analogy would work. The reason the analogy doesn't work is simple, and that is; Christians decide to disregard the rules and regulations of the bible on a whim.

In comparing that method of biblical "interpretation", or, "revelation" to a drivers manual, it'd be much like deciding to disregard stop signs, yield signs, posted speed limits, and stop lights because:

"I've read the manual, and my understanding of the manual overrides the instructions contained there... I don't need to follow the rules and regulations, a stop light or a speed limit only applies to other people, not me...".

With Established Harem

#533864 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>QUESTION
.. somebody posted an obscene remark to Lasez under your handle of RR but from an anonymous server. Was that you ??..

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#533865 May 14, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was one BIG wink....LOL
I can only speak for myself Scar....On how being a follower of Christ affects me. I Believe we will ALL be judged one day for our sins.....I don't tell people how to think or feel...I want to spread Gods Love and Light....
Have a GOoD day Scar
You have a good day, too.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#533866 May 14, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious!
Why isn't you professing wanna-be christians pass-up a post like this, "claiming to talk to dead people.
I see, skombolis,.b-man,.epi,.lil whispers,.lawest100,.red aps, just to name a few.
Typical of the wanna-be christians,(never question anything).
I am of the opinion that if it brings comfort to someone to believe that they are receiving messages...visits...whatever from a loved one...then good...as long as they can keep perspective upon it.

However...

It is my understanding that it is not biblical. That in fact God warns against it.

It is to the best of my recollection that the Bible states...the dead are asleep and have no knowledge of the world. The story of Lazarus if I recall shows that there can be no contact with the spiritual world.

Necromancy is a term used to describe calling upon the dead...a form of black magic...which is definitely a no-no according to God.

I don't know Mike...in the end...we all at times (IMO) reach a point that we need that advice and wisdom of a person that was so valuable to us while they were alive. Does feeling as if you received a message from a past loved one harm anyone?

As far as why no one spoke up...you know the answer to that one...why even ask?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533869 May 14, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So you appreciate heavy sarcasm, yet you can't take the truth.
Well, I guess it was to be expected.
but you have no truth.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533870 May 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That returns to my central point, without the bible, you wouldn't know what you believe you should believe, you have faith you're believing how you're to believe according to the bible, regardless if it's in the bible or not.
I have no problem with God using the bible to make His point on a whole array of matters. The written word is the mode of communication God chose, that God business. Some might not approve of God's ways and means, but God not have to get everybody approval. If one don't like it, take it up with God.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#533871 May 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Is it the motto of freethinkers...or humans in general.
If I don't agree with you...what am I?
Matthew 12:30
He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathers not with me scatters abroad.
Luke 11:23 "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
Mark 9:40
For he that is not against us is for us.
Your own book teaches you that simply because we do not believe the same as you that we are wicked...evil...your enemy...dog vomit...etc...etc.
Do you think that we enjoy those things being said...simply because we believe differently? Is it okay for you to name call because it is in the book that you choose to believe?
Are Christians "special"..."pr ivileged"..."excused "?
How is name calling by a freethinker any more hurtful than a Christian is when they name call?
There are some on both sides that manage to get their point across without massacring the other side...some on both sides that don't.
The only difference that I see between the two is that one side name calls because the choose to...the other side name calls because the think they have a "special" right to do so...
Note the contradiction between Mark and Matthew/Luke.

In reality it should read "Those who are not with us, and those not against us, probably don't give a rat's ass about us or our beliefs."

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#533872 May 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Dependence is addiction
How were you ever a doctor??
Once AGAIN
DEFINITION
drug addiction,
a condition characterized by an overwhelming desire to continue taking a drug to which one has become habituated through repeated consumption because it produces a particular effect, usually an alteration of mental status. Addiction is usually accompanied by a compulsion to obtain the drug, a tendency to increase the dose, a psychologic or PHYSICAL dependence, and detrimental consequences for the individual and society.
ADDICTION is defined as PHYSICAL DEPENDENCE as well as psychological
Are you just this stupid or this stubborn "doctor"
Good ol' "It Aint Necessarily True strikes again! LOL
I am gonna call you AINT from here on out. Maybe add a "t" in front of it..ya know, for Teddy!
~snicker
I'm dependent on a prosthetic leg and/or crutches to walk. I'm not addicted to them. When my corporeal leg grows back (keep praying Christians), I'll have no problem donating both to other people who are dependent on those things. I won't need any therapy (other than for believing that somebody can pray my leg to grow back).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"What's UP wit all dat 'ol BULLS - - T??!" 3 min Knock off purse s... 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 855,830
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min An NFL Fan 177,221
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min onemale 272,097
The MOST EVIL human acts OF ALL TIME 8 min Knock off purse s... 5
Topix LOOZERS who are OBSESSED with Doctor REALITY 11 min Knock off purse s... 3
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 18 min WasteWater 6,161
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 596,682
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,075
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr I Am No One_ 444,363
More from around the web