Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#533946 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
So is "there is no god" or "there is no hell" or "the bible is only a myth", etc etc.
But I don't see you stopping to inform anyone who posts that sort of nonsense that it's "a belief, not a fact"....
Imagine that.
.. yes, I do. Many times I have said, "We don't know." Said it again today. Why are you suddenly so sarcastic ??..

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#533947 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I understand the bible and Jesus' requirement of Faith, just fine <quoted text>Logic is needed to live and succeed on earth, that why God gave mankind logic. Spiritual Faith, is for the afterlife. You can operate fine in this life and on this earth, with just logic. To know the spiritual world/kingdom and afterlife, Jesus says it requires faith. As [long] as your soul is in your body and living on this earth, you have all right, to laugh, at Faith.
Sure, sure.

'Abandon all logic, ye who enter here, else it's gonna sound like any other myth, and you mustn't believe in those, because they aren't logical and obviously so, but this one is real..."

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#533948 May 14, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
No man has ever proved that God exists, trifecta1, so how would you suggest that someone would disprove God exists? Can you disprove unicorns exist, Loch Ness Monster, Sasquatch. Many people have sworn that they have seen the Lock Ness monster and many others state they have seem Sasquatches. Can you prove they don't exist?
I don't think they exist, but I certainly can't prove it.
With perhaps 3 to 5 billion people claiming that the Abrahamic God exists, it would seem rational, would it not, that at least some of those people have proof of God's existence? Heck, I would settle for even one man in the whole 7+ billion humans on this earth providing proof of God's existence, as long as he can show us that proof.
Until someone can prove God exists, is it not just meaningless chatter to keep insisting that God exists? Why spend so many hours of so many humans' lives wasting time on something that not any of those people know exists?
So why the heck you keep coming here everyday talking about it if it meaningless?? oy!. look at yourself writer.

As usual, it's always repetitive with you.

It is no one's job to prove God to you or anyone, but prove God only to themselves.

I repeat...

It is no one's job to prove God to you or anyone, but prove God only to themselves.

No one is responsible for your soul, except [you]. if you don't believe you have a soul, then so be it.

Now, I don't gamble, but I bet before the week is out you going to come back and start you writing just like you start this one with....[No man has ever proved that God exists], lol!iyai!lol

With Established Harem

#533949 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it. What was the remark?
.. won't repeat it ..

With Established Harem

#533950 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't. I dunno why.
I have absolutely accepted gays. I have one gay friend, he's actually a co-worker of Mrs Redneck, he's cool as shit. I dig the guy as a person.
But I cannot accept that what gays do is "normal". My version of normal, anyway.
I will never and have never accepted hate crimes or discrimination to gays. Ever.
I just don't see them as normal.
Does that make me an evil person?
.. for gays, it's quite normal ..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#533951 May 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, sure.
'Abandon all logic, ye who enter here, else it's gonna sound like any other myth, and you mustn't believe in those, because they aren't logical and obviously so, but this one is real..."
...and [you] have made the decision that the Christian God is a myth based on logic. Christianity will keep adding to it's billions, based on Faith in Jesus Christ. it works out for you, it works out for Christianity.

With Established Harem

#533952 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Spiritual Faith, is for the afterlife.
.. huh ??..

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#533954 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand the bible, scar. It ain't an "instruction book". It doesn't teach you how to be a good Christian all on its on. It's a starting point only.
Look at it like a driver's manual. They don't teach you how to drive, just give you the basics and you move on from there and become a better driver.
Exactly.......

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533955 May 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do you want to "spread God's love & light," or, what you found ??..
How can I explain what I have FOUND to people that have no knowledge of what I am talking about....It is like speaking a foreign language that some people can understand and others can't (and won't try to find the key for interpretation)

I'll stick with showing Jesus to the World by spreading Gods Love and Light

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533956 May 14, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
Hi Epi !!
Hi Missy....

Good to see you.....:-)

((*L-))

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#533957 May 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:

So, what you seem to be saying is, is that the rules in your manual(bible) don't have to be followed, "once you have experience".
No, that's what you say. I said the bible isn't a manual.

It isn't. It's simplistic. It is from the worldview of a people from that time who thought that is what the world was.

Wait for it.....

Right, I think it can be safely said that no one understands it, although many claim to understand it beyond a doubt.

LOL

Which is it, scar? Is it simplistic or is it so complicated that no one understands it?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#533958 May 14, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm dependent on a prosthetic leg and/or crutches to walk. I'm not addicted to them. When my corporeal leg grows back (keep praying Christians), I'll have no problem donating both to other people who are dependent on those things. I won't need any therapy (other than for believing that somebody can pray my leg to grow back).
Being dependent on something doesn't always have to mean addiction

However addiction always means being dependent

The very definition of opiate addiction is being physically and psychologically dependent

Every addiction includes dependence.

As a doctor for IANS this should be basic medicine 101

In all honestly I find it very disturbing there are doctors (or were) that didn't know this and not only didn't know this but think someone addiction to drugs because they are mentally weak. I don't care who a person is, give them opiates for long enough and they will become addiction. That is just a fact.

Yet here you have a doctor that for a living prescribed these types of highly addictive drugs with the attitude that if someone got addicted it was their fault for being weak.

There are bad doctors and then there are bad doctors. Getting a doctor like this out of the system is like removing a cancerous growth. It is a very good thing he is no longer practicing. Someone like him should never have had the ability to write for addictive drugs given his complete ignorance about them

He and I may go back and forth but I give you my word I am not saying any of this for effect. I just can't emphasize enough how professionally irresponsible it is for a doctor to be this ignorant about additive medications and their effects when he prescribes them.

Anyway, hope your day is going well

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533959 May 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to hear you say that.
You wouldn't believe how many people I've met on Topix who have got it all worked out.
They've gone back and added up all the time periods between who begat who and have come up with our universe being created approximately 6000 years ago.
I know, it's silly, isn't it?
It's ridiculous. Creationists based that 6,000 year guess on the assumption that the six days if creation were a literal 144 hours.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533960 May 14, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
If your god is real, then the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real.
If your god is real, then every other god is real.
Unless you can prove yours.
Yet since you can't, and constantly refuse to, you show that you are lying.
If you can't back up your own claims, they are invalidated just by your inability to back them up.
Here, Lacey. Let me condense your drivel, with just three word changes......

"If your god is real, then the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real.

If [I] can't back up [my] own claims, they are invalidated just by [my] inability to back them up."

===

Your claim is that if God is real, so is the FSM...

Back up that claim.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#533961 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So why the heck you keep coming here everyday talking about it if it meaningless?? oy!. look at yourself writer.
As usual, it's always repetitive with you.
I repeat...
No one is responsible for your soul, except [you]. if you don't believe you have a soul, then so be it.
Now, I don't gamble, but I bet before the week is out you going to come back and start you writing just like you start this one with....[No man has ever proved that God exists], lol!iyai!lol
trifecta1, I don't mean any offence, but I think it would serve us both best if we stop posting to each other (my problem is remembering which persons I have decided to not post to any longer). You are making definite statements of belief on this site, and this is a discussion site, not a church service, or Bible study, so since you appear to not want to participate in discussion, why bother?

I have had more than enough unpleasant experiences with the "friend" of most people on Topix, Yellodog, also known by several other names, all of which have been identified and admitted to as being the same person, except for her current several IDs, who claims much of the same things as you do, but has also proved herself the most rabid liar on Topix.

I don't think you are a liar, nor would I accuse you of such, and I only continue posting to this other party because of her continuous vicious attacks on everyone who does not agree with her thinking, and also due to the reported serious mental illnesses she has (not related to her religious beliefs) which people, who personally know her claim are putting her elderly ill mother at danger, such that I and a few others (mainly me) have taken some action to try to get her help, but so far with no luck.

We got personally involved with this person years ago, because she very early, before my coming to Topix, had identified herself as to name, location, workplace etc. Otherwise we would not have had any opportunity to seek help for her.

I am not suggesting you are in that category at all, as I have mentioned many times, my mother is a devout believer, who would likely agree with much of what you believe. I have a very high regard for my mother; likely the best woman I have ever known in my life, in spite of a bit of narrow-mindedness on a few subjects (but who doesn't have that problem?).

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533962 May 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No probs.
<quoted text>
As you'll see from what I said, I was referring to the bible containing instructions to kill those who exercise freedom of religion....
"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."
Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT
"Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death."
Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT
Do you understand that the "suppose you" beginning of each one means they're examples, not actual stories?

Do you understand the allegory of each one?

Do you understand that they are written for Israelites and not the entire world?

Those scriptures want us to fear the spiritual idolatry of covetousness, and the love of worldly pleasure. Also to not to support them in our families, by our example or by the education of our children.

I know y'all are sick of hearing "it's an allegory!", but it is.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533963 May 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So wearing mixed fabrics or not exiling menstruating women means we're screwed?
Are you another atheist that every word in the bible literally?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#533964 May 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"God moves in mysterious ways"
That's another one I've heard used when believers refuse to attribute a bad thing to their god. Yet they never have problems crediting good things to their god.
I just don't get a god who allows the free will of a child killer to trump a child's right to life.
If there really is a god then what's wrong with him interfering to prevent bad things? After all, isn't that what he'll be doing in heaven? Otherwise bad things will still happen in heaven.
The bible god may not have wanted robots but humanity has paid a terrible price for what he didn't want.
If Christians are right and we were given free will, it certainly doesn't look like it was for our benefit. Rather, it was probably to please our creator with spontaneous outbursts of unconditional love.
Maybe your god should have programmed us. Then he'd get our unconditional love and what's more he would have avoided all the needless excess baggage of death, destruction and suffering that comes with free will. So it certainly looks like God's enjoyment of the love he receives from a minority of humanity comes with a terrible cost.
Would you have wanted to be a pre-programmed robot?

Free-will does come with a cost, absolutely. But without it, life would be meaningless

What would love mean if not your choice?

What would any emotion or experience mean if not made of your own free will? What would be married or being friends or caring about people mean if it wasn't your real feelings?

And yes to have genuine experiences made of our own free will means people can choose to do bad things as well. That's the cost of mental freedom

As to the rest I can simply give you my opinion as to why God doesn't intervene every time. Every action has consequences. Every action has meanings. Some good, some bad. I believe this life is a test. God provides us a life and a life-sustaining environment. He created us with the intellect to flourish and the natural resources to survive. he gives us tools and guidance and teaches us the right way to live. But then it is up to us.

If God just intervened every time not only it would render free will meaningless but it would rigg the whole system.

There are places where God will never allow sin or crime or corruption. But that is not in this life. But think about what you are suggesting. That man by himself is so immoral and so evil that it is irresponsible for a loving God not intervene millions of times a day to prevent man from hurting others. Does that sound to you like a species that deserves that kind of protection?

It isn't that God doesn't care imo but I believe the system has to work this way. We have to have free will. Because at the end of all of this we will stand before God and be held accountable. And isn't that the fairest thing? That people actually must take responsibility for the way they lived their life and the choices they made? Yes there will be some suffering in this life. But that is a drop in the bucket of time when talking about eternity. It really isn't a lot to ask of us and nothing that wasn't done for us. Sure it would be great if everything was perfect all the time in this life and the next. But this life determines the next and without free-will, it would be meaningless

JMO

(T) Peace

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#533965 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
you can believe the spaghetti monster is real. <quoted text>...And it's not my job or am I required to prove God to you. It's your job to prove, or disprove God to yourself. You did a good job of disproving God to yourself, pat yourself on the back writer.
That's why you can't pass any laws based on your religion, because you expect everyone to take it as you do; as true without any evidence.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533966 May 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, I do. Many times I have said, "We don't know." Said it again today. Why are you suddenly so sarcastic ??..
Why are you all of a sudden so nitpicky about people "picking on" poor ole IANS?

That shit's gotten old, HL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min old_moose 17,402
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 59 min andet1987 86
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Buck Crick 983,251
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,421
K9.....remembering.... 4 hr knightsdolive 1
getting pregnant by much older man 4 hr knightsdolive 2
Black women White men Dating Site (May '14) 8 hr lovekiki 13
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 hr Robert F 683,926
More from around the web