“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#533751 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Thew romans tired to kill all Christians remember? but that only multiplied them.
I doubt it. I'll bet it thinned them.

Christianity would have been forgotten long ago without the help of a series of imperialistic governments compelling people to accept it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#533752 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
people are free moral agents to do good or evil. If God stepped in every time someone plots evil, then that person free will have been taken away.
Not at all. If I the police stepped in to foil some "evil" plot, would the conspirators have lost their freewill, or merely had its expression thwarted? Obviously, free will doesn't mean the ability to express that will.

What do you think free will means? How would you know if you had free will or not? What would it be like if your will were programmed into you? Would it still be free? Would it feel any different that it does now.

If you study this matter a little, you'll discover that you really don't know just what you mean by free will, and have no way to determine whether it exists. For all we know, our wills are determined by neural electrochemical processes, and are in principle as predictable as eclipses.
trifecta1 wrote:
God allows evil doers to prevail sometimes, God allows good to prevail sometimes. One man does evil kidnaps 3 girls for 10yrs. Another man do good by giving part of his kidney to save the life of a stranger.
Exactly the same as if there were no god. How shrewd of it to always do exactly what a nonexistent god would do.
trifecta1 wrote:
I no see anything wrong with it. God give the human the free will to show love, or hate. It perfect.
No. Perfect would be if there were no will to hate in the world.

Look at how deformed your thinking is under the influence of your church.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#533753 May 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you recognize the necessity of doing that to support your claims when you can. The implications are obvious regarding the dozens of times when you couldn't.
<quoted text>
You're criticizing another poster's comprehension? How clueless can you be?
You wrote "gentile" for "genital" and then missed it when it was shown back to you.
And you've yet to comprehend that addiction is psychological and dependence is physiological despite being told repeatedly. These are both just in the last day or two.
And it's a recurrent problem for you. How many times have I had to call you out on your abysmal reading comprehension? These are all examples of your useless mind in action from just the last three months or so:
post532961 http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
post520751 http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
post491508 http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
post491501 http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
post489052 http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
post488120 http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
post486692 http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
post486689 http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
<quoted text>
What's funny to me is that when you can't do that with me, you phrase it along the lines that you can't be bothered. Obviously you are lying again.
Dependence is addiction

How were you ever a doctor??

Once AGAIN

DEFINITION

drug addiction,

a condition characterized by an overwhelming desire to continue taking a drug to which one has become habituated through repeated consumption because it produces a particular effect, usually an alteration of mental status. Addiction is usually accompanied by a compulsion to obtain the drug, a tendency to increase the dose, a psychologic or PHYSICAL dependence, and detrimental consequences for the individual and society.

ADDICTION is defined as PHYSICAL DEPENDENCE as well as psychological

Are you just this stupid or this stubborn "doctor"

Good ol' "It Aint Necessarily True strikes again! LOL

I am gonna call you AINT from here on out. Maybe add a "t" in front of it..ya know, for Teddy!

~snicker

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#533754 May 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>They had both passed away before I was born ~ my Grandfather was a Military man and I have looked up his Military records but he was married twice and he was a lot older than normal when my Father was born. My sister was burned to death by a couple of boys playing with matches ~ that was hard for my parents to deal with, and actually, my Dad drank a lot after that and my parents split up the night before my 10th birthday and were finally divorced after the required 7 year wait back in those days.

When I went to our equivalent to your John Edwards (Anthony, from Whispers from Beyond), he gave me messages from several of my ancestors who had passed over, and there were no doubts about who he was referring to :) I still have the rose in my closet of treasures as a reminder of that special time in my life.....
That's a sad story, but I'm glad you could find peace with it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#533755 May 14, 2013
1)drug addiction definition
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.c...

2) Advantages of Opiate Addiction Treatment Method

PHYSICAL ADDICTION to heroin and methadone are removed at once during one treatment that lasts for 4-6 hours.
http://www.doctorhiller.com/en/addiction-trea...

3) pure health group
PHYSICAL ADDICTION refers to the symptoms that occur when substance abstinence is undertaken.
http://www.purehealthgroup.com/harmful-effect...

4) Opiate Withdrawal « Narcotic.net – Call 800-281-9007 For HelpWith narcotics, and especially with opiates, real physical addiction does occur.
http://narcotic.net/opiates/opiate-withdrawal

Gee TAINT, seems like National hotlines, doctors, medical dictionaries, treatment centers, etc all understand it is a PHYSICAL ADDICTION also. Man it must have been a joy to have been a patient of yours when you were too prideful and stubborn to admit you messed up or were too ignorant and blamed your patients for not following your instructions

Maybe now that you are retired you can learn to be a well-informed doctor that actually knows important things about the medicine he prescribed? I mean it won't help all the lives you probably helped ruin, assuming if anybody got addicted it was their fault for being weak, but hey at least you got their money right?

Montreal

#533756 May 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Congratulations on your beliefs.
It's not a belief, Flying Spaghetti Monster is 100% real! His existence is a fact!
FSM is more real than your god could ever be. I hope one day to taste his heavenly spaghetti and that day I will laugh at you, for you will not have spaghetti.

Montreal

#533757 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>You've hit the nail on the head. The Dimwit is an insufferable liar that will distort your words, then call you the liar. And don't bother asking him for evidence when he insists that you said this or that. The Dimwit is a faith based thinker and doesn't do evidence.
I've started ignoring him, he's not worth my time.
At least the others here have some shred of understanding of the sentences posted.

Montreal

#533758 May 14, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>These things you have named yourself have been manifested as the truth by your own words and actions, we have simply named you for what you truly are.
Intolerance; a Christian virtue.

Montreal

#533759 May 14, 2013
Sorry, I meant to say:
Intolerance; a "True" Christian virtue.

Montreal

#533760 May 14, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>You are most welcome.
Good Night..
Good morning now :P
7AM and hissing at the sun...mornings are poop.

Montreal

#533761 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>You are very welcome here, at least with the unbelievers. And you have made a contribution by taking on the Christian homophobia. It's got to be difficult to deal with so much Christian ... what do they call it?... oh yeah - love. Your patience, kindness, and gentility provide a nice contrast to the love of Jesus we see here.
Thank you, it's easy to take it on when I've death with similar insults on other topics all my life.
Nothing can really get through the skin I've developed for this.

I also enjoy showing how vile these "loving" people can be.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#533762 May 14, 2013
~*~*~*~*~*

Good

Mornng

~*~*~*~*~*

“The one unchangeable certainty is
that nothing is unchangeable or certain.”

~ John F. Kennedy

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533763 May 14, 2013
Today's Prayer

Oh Lord, Help me be strong and courageous. Empower, lift up, and encourage me that I will not be terrified of any thing, person nor circumstance, neither let me be discouraged, for You, the Lord my God will be with me wherever I go (Joshua 1:9). No matter what I face today, I know that You are with me and Your Holy Spirit lives within me and has sealed me unto the day of redemption. I know that the blood of Jesus has covered my sin and washed me white as snow, that I may be righteous in Him and live unto Him. I praise You and thank You Lord Almighty for Your strength, power, grace, mercy, and love. May You be glorified in all the earth, and through my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533764 May 14, 2013
Encouraging Words....

As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength.

Psalm 138:8

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533765 May 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why LIL,!!, are you trying to seduce me ??..
Now.... Potatoes turn you on.....It seems it doesn't take much with you....You are Reddy Freddy....Huh?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533766 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Large, strange and unused words helps IANS feel moar smarterer.
Criticism is easier....
LOL.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533767 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah... So people can have any beliefs they want, as long as they're your beliefs.
That's how the freethinkers work, ain't it?
:-)

I guess it is "You are FREE to believe the way we believe"

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533768 May 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think arguing brings out the best in any of us! We should try and understand others perceptions, just as they should try and understand ours.
Sometimes you write postings that appear to me to be very cruel towards others, and other times you write postings that have kindness within them. It gives me the impression you are fighting within yourself, and in my opinion, you should just let some of those things go and give them to GOD.
I agree Serah...I think he is confused....Give his hatred to God to deal with it.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533769 May 14, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm here to have fun and learn a thing or two, not to cry about how unfair the world has treated me, and make others lives uncomfortable or miserable because they dont believe the same way I do..........
True.....Have fun in Life....It is short!!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#533770 May 14, 2013
We fully understand that you and others believe that Paul is God.

Rarely do you refer to anything except Paul's letters and call it "God's words".
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom.
God's Word clearly explains why Mark and those of his ilk (and there are many of them posting in here lately) are the way they are, and why they are blind to the truth.
1st Timothy 4:1-2.
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
2nd Thessalonians 2:1-12.
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemales son 265,412
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 777,774
Samsung Göktürk SAMSUNG Servisi 342 OO 24 Gökt... 10 min sansungrete 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min guest 560,347
bless the jews (Nov '08) 55 min blessed day 7,059
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Clear Dharma 39
Sariyer Samsung Servisi Telefon ( 299 15 34 – 2... 2 hr sansungrete 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 hr Johnny 4,871
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
More from around the web