Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#533705 May 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You've hit the nail on the head. The Dimwit is an insufferable liar that will distort your words, then call you the liar. And don't bother asking him for evidence when he insists that you said this or that. The Dimwit is a faith based thinker and doesn't do evidence.
HL is going to be upset you piled on to her gossiping email that got Lacez piling on. LOL...just kidding, that would defeat the purpose of all her double standards!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#533706 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
tide.....personally I believe religion has very little to do with why people are against homosexuality.
I can't respect that opinion.
Skombolis wrote:
I don,t deny some people use religion as a bully pulpit or to further bigotry but imo its not the cause or creating something new.
Christians killed witches because they read their Bibles and saw a command to do so. No better authority was telling them not to. Individual instances of murder may have been influenced by various personal motivations, but I cannot imagine that there would have been a campaign of disgruntled neighbor murders without Biblical justification.

Homophobia in America came from Christianity. It came from the Bible. Our entire country grew with a majority of people believing that homosexuality was an abomination, not just a little weird.
Skombolis wrote:
I have never met a single person who was fine with it until religion told them otherwise or didnt form theor opinions from tv and the playgrounds well before religion influenced them.
You cannot escape the influence of Christianity in America. It's in the DNA of our culture, and always has been.
Skombolis wrote:
Listen I am not going to pretend the church has handled the issue well across the board and in a lot of cases probably fall somewhere between not helping and making things worse. And that is wrong because even by its own teachings, a sin is a sin is a sin and no sin or sinner is any better or worse than anyone else. it needs to not be si8ngled out as doing that to any other sinner for their sin would never be tolerated. And also the Bible says God is to judge those outside the faith and we are to love everyone. Honestly if we just stuck to the rules it really wouldnt be an issue. id like cont...
I'm not making the argument that homophobia can't exist without religion or Christianity. I want to be clear about that. Ignorant cultures produce these phenomenon like clockwork. Anything different is usually marginalized. What I'm saying is that Christianity is responsible for making homophobia a societal problem in America. The only reason homophobia is still a problem is due to Christianity. Where once you could attribute this to ignorance, it's now willful ignorance, powered by faith.

If you live long enough you may even come to agree with me, that the more we skeptics criticize your religion, the better it will become. If not, you'll probably attribute it to Jesus or some such. But really, it's due to social pressure. That's the main force that changes cultures.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#533707 May 13, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Man has unearth'd many lost civilizations of which no recorded record is known to exist. Many too are found at the bottom of the sea. Prior to their discovery they were nothing more than legend passed thru the generations verbally. And yet they exist.
That's irrelevant to a discussion of why there is no record of any miracles having occurred outside of the bible. You'd pretty much need every community within hundreds or thousands of miles to have dived into the sea for there to be no corroborating records of what would have been a topic of great interest anywhere.
hick-up wrote:
Or perhaps they [the alleged miracles of Jesus] were witnessed only by illiterates.
Yeah, that's probably it. But not just illiterate. Mute, too.
hick-up wrote:
Perhaps those with the means to record simply didn't believe.
So you're suggesting that the miracles actually occurred, that the only literate people present didn't believe they were miracles, and the only believers present were illiterate?

No, that doesn't strain credulity much. That's very reasonable.
hick-up wrote:
It seems no sooner than one belief is vanquished, another takes it's place.
That doesn't suggest anything to you about the veracity of those beliefs or the ease with which people make and believe these kinds of claims?

Location hidden

#533708 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Tide....id like to see us "Christians" get better at simply sticking to what we have been taught by Christ and not using faith as an avenue to push personal agendas. there is always room for improvement (T) PEACE
You need to turn this into a Christian meme.

I would support it.

"There is always room for improvement."

That's straight out of my own personal philosophy.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#533709 May 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. twas I who PM'ed Lacez, told him to be careful, that SKOM twists things ..
.. if any of my other friends ask me about SKOM, I'll tell them my experience ..
.. friends do that for each other ..
Thank you for your honesty.
I do appreciate it.
:)
And I am sure Lacez does too.

The thing is--Skom goes for the jugular- and won't let
go till you kiss his ego- or you just leave the thread..

I see you tried to engage him -again- a little while ago..lol.
Then you realized what a mistake you had made-- there's just no making
sense out of his anger.

Location hidden

#533710 May 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> These things you have named yourself have been manifested as the truth by your own words and actions, we have simply named you for what you truly are.
She knows it has nothing to do with anything she listed. Thats just manipulative nonsense. She has refused to answer for over 2 years whether she believes the Bible. It is why I knew to ask her recently. I guarantee she wont answer it now. All the game playing in the worlld wont change that. I personally dont care what she believes or considers herself. I just dont like that she used to quote Bible verses to me to start arguments because of my beliefs only to discover through talking to her she doesnt even believe the Bible. I am smart enough to read between the lines. It is also how I knew to ask her the question originally. I wasnt the least bit surprised when she didnt answer then either.

Fennario

#533711 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>what errors? the only errors in the bible is maybe a misplaced comma, full stop, apostrophe or other slight language issues when converting the bible from hebrew to greek to english. those are insignificant to the happenings.
Faith is a beautiful thing.

Location hidden

#533712 May 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> These things you have named yourself have been manifested as the truth by your own words and actions, we have simply named you for what you truly are.
Can't be sure if you wrote this - or your pastor..
So, considering your lack of standing on your own two feet..
You fail.

Fennario

#533713 May 13, 2013
What your church teaches you is that...
Skombolis wrote:
I am going to stop you right there since ...
I'm going to have to stop you right there.

Fennario

#533714 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I'm gonna puke No wonder you keep making comments about my gentiles and body orifices!
Your gentiles? Dimwit.
Skombolis wrote:
If you aren't lying about your back-story, simply give the age you were when you became a doctor and what year it was You obviously are worried other stories you have told aren't gonna match up. That is why you are adding skipping years of school and talking about when some might consider you a doctor and not others and won't give the year and age outright I repeat: If you aren't lying about your back-story, simply give the age you were when you became a doctor and what year it was
Nah. Let's watch you squirm for awhile.

Oh, what the hell.

I completed med school in the summer of '81 just prior to turning 27 years of age, and went into private practice in 1984 at age thirty.

What do you propose to do with that?

Location hidden

#533715 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm going to have to stop you right there.
Hey you are learning! Not only you realize the only parts of our conversations worth repeating is what I say but you also are learning to copy me and you knew once I stopped you there was no reason for you to say anything else as I already halted your nonsense. Who knows, in a decade or two you may not be a bigot any more and even become a real doctor?LOL...just keep following my lead:)

Location hidden

#533716 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. If everyone was on equal footing perhaps the message of do what I say not what I do would be open to criticism. But it would be beyond hubris for man to think he has the same rights as God. And God doesnt resever these rights for Himself out of a desire for power or control but out of fairness.and ability. He knows man is too biased, too proned to be subjective and doesnt have all the necessary information to properly judge another man. That is why he tells us to love everyone and leave the judging for one who can see the heart (T) PEACE
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
100% agree
I hope God will bless us in this earthly wild jungle journey
psalm 107;1-14
thank you
have good night
Now this is funny!
Talk about these two heeding their own advice.
Ahahaha!

Doesn't get any better than this..
:/

Location hidden

#533717 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Your gentiles? Dimwit.
<quoted text>
Nah. Let's watch you squirm for awhile.
Oh, what the hell.
I completed med school in the summer of '81 just prior to turning 27 years of age, and went into private practice in 1984 at age thirty.
What do you propose to do with that?
Look to see if your dates match up. But I think you are missing the bigger picture. I am actually hoping you are lying for the sake of your former patients. Would I make fun of you for lying?| Oh most definitely. But a doctor who didnt care about his patients, didnt know Ritalin has the adverse effect in adults, didnt know opiate addiction is physical, would mock someone for having a disease, etc. The best thing about you leaving the faith is you retired early and that probably saved more lives than all your years practicing medicine. And I do mean practicing. I dont think you ever knew what you were doing. I think you were double asylum certified! LOL

Location hidden

#533718 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Tide....I agree that life experience generally trumps conditioning. We normally find out people for the most part are just people. Same wants and loves and concerns.. Yes there are good and bad people in the world but that is defined by their actions and not how they were born. And even if it was a choice, people rarely fit a demonized profile. Meeting people who were gay was what changed my mind. i also grew up in a well-to-do and unfortunately pretty racist area. because my folks werent racist and i made black friends as early as pre-gradeschool i never had to overcome that. Then again, at the same time one bad experience can be all it takes for someone looking to validate their feelings. so i agree someone has to go into it with at least the desire to be somewhat open-minded to see if what we think matches up with reality. Change and especially change for the better is not easy but it certainly is possible.(T) PEACE
The causes of sexual orientation are more or less up in the air right now. There are several hypotheses, but these are either difficult or impossible to test. Because it's not really well understood yet, I'm pretty interested in it.

For the purposes of an argument about homosexuality and morality, the distinction between it being a choice or not would be irrelevant if you can't demonstrate that it's immoral.

The argument that it can't be immoral because you can't control it probably won't work against people who believe in stuff like original sin. The argument also doesn't work when you shift from sexual orientation to sexual behavior (which is a choice).

I can only see homophobia existing today in people who are willfully ignorant, who can't or won't learn for whatever reason. When I'm looking for these roadblocks, I generally find that religion, and by association cultural conditioning, is there preventing someone from being able to absorb the understanding. For the near future at least, changing American culture means changing Christianity. I guess the point to drive home is "adapt to survive". If Christianity doesn't pick up the rate of progress it's going to die all the faster. I don't really care so long as the stupid gets taken care of.

Location hidden

#533719 May 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I come on every once in awhile during work, see what's going on, then check back a few hours later.
I'll usually check 3 or 4 times during work, once in the morning on the bus ride to work, and once on the ride back home.
I'll also usually check before bed, but sometimes I don't.
People like YOU make me feel welcome.
Thank you for that :)
You are most welcome.
Good Night..

Fennario

#533720 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Are you really almost 60 saying things like "butthurt"
Yeppers. That's me.
Skombolis wrote:
Kind of like when you claimed Christians don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can just look to the sky for forgiveness was not a bigoted generalization about Christians in general but rather was you pointing out a flaw in the teaching by allowing such a technicality.
A technicality? What? What are you claiming I did?

No matter. If you won't provide evidence for it, your interpretation of what happened is simply rejected out of hand. You can't understand or properly recall what you read.
Skombolis wrote:
Are you really a doctor who would tell an adult he will prescribe them Ritalin not knowing it has the adverse affect
That only happened in your defective memory.
Skombolis wrote:
or a doctor that wouldn't know opiate addiction causes a physical addiction?
Dimwit. You are unteachable. This is what I mean about you being unable to understand what you read.

Location hidden

#533721 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Your gentiles? Dimwit.
i was too busy puking to worry about my spelling. Plus I know you are always paying close attention to anything to do with my genitals. No surprise you caught the error and told me about it. Any excuse for you to talk about them again eh? LOL

Fennario

#533722 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Liars generally don't care when they get caught lying
Some just mutter at the air and forgive themselves.

Fennario

#533723 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I said it to be funny
No you didn't, Dimwit. It was an obvious mistake, and now you're lying about it. What else is new?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#533724 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>She knows it has nothing to do with anything she listed. Thats just manipulative nonsense. She has refused to answer for over 2 years whether she believes the Bible. It is why I knew to ask her recently. I guarantee she wont answer it now. All the game playing in the worlld wont change that. I personally dont care what she believes or considers herself. I just dont like that she used to quote Bible verses to me to start arguments because of my beliefs only to discover through talking to her she doesnt even believe the Bible. I am smart enough to read between the lines. It is also how I knew to ask her the question originally. I wasnt the least bit surprised when she didnt answer then either.
Yes my friend, she is very evasive about answering certain question that I too have asked her as well, and I have also read between the lines on her hypocrisy a looooooong time ago, but the truth is that she makes herself quite obvious and anyone with open eyes should be able to recognize how transparent she really is, there are many other believers here who recognize that as well, but for the sake of peace don't want to call her out on it.

Peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Bongo 92,122
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Phooey 667,498
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min nanoanomaly 979,229
Australia First Live Social Media Wall (Apr '16) 1 hr Peace 2
Poll Is Breastfeeding in Public Indecent and Wrong (Dec '07) 2 hr Were just afraid 16,733
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Brian_G 285,929
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 4 hr Ronald 9
More from around the web