“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#533560 May 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'll bet that they are mostly or all Christians, too.
I think you just lost your bet

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#533561 May 13, 2013
So your logic then is you're not lazy, because you don't believe anything?
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief is for people too lazy to think for themselves
It that enough?
There are many Gods. How do you know? Through spirituality. By the way there are many classes of Gods, from purely spiritual ones to ones in material bodies. Gods are simply other classes of beings.
Before Christianity killed spirituality and replaced it by rationalized book belief people could easily sense these spiritual beings. But they were barred from even talking about that. The burning stakes were not inviting.
Christianity's best argument has always been fear
is it Christianity you have a problem with? or is it with Jesus Christ?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#533562 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>all that not matter. because when God judge a soul it won't matter about another person experience or belief. only thing God care about is your soul and what you allow your body and mind to do while the soul was living in it on earth.
Another person belief or experience with God, won't matter to God when it come to you. Your soul get judged independent of anyone's else belief or experience with God. So you can base your belief on someone else if you want to, you get judged by yourself.
If God exists, and IF that god is anything like men wrote about in the Bible, which you have not yet given us any reason to think is true.

Because you think God exists, or you believe God exists, or you even "know" God exists, does not mean that God exists.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#533564 May 13, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
What Christians believe about "God" is what they are made to believe. It is make-belief. It is not based on spiritual self-enquiry.
.. first, thanks for being here, please don't leave ..

.. it's easy to join with other people on your spiritual journey, walk a familiar path, discovery the same destination. A wise teacher allows the student to explore, trail blaze, discover self ..
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>It becomes even more problematic as this deity is not simply a force of Nature, but a moral preacher with a flawed ethics that is meant to support a slave society.
.. most spiritual guides are cut from the same faded fabric; they have nothing to offer and have become their own deity ..
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>What I think is most detrimental about Christianity is that it actually diminishes peoples happiness in stead of promoting it. It paints a gloomy picture of the world, a dark world in which Jesus is the only glimmer of light, called hope. Not even hope for a happy life on earth, but only in the afterlife. Is is thoroughly negative, but presented as a happy tiding for the desperate.
.. if you stay on this thread long enough, you'll discover the "Dark world of Christianity" that you suggest. Some believers look forward to the rapture, the end of the world, the return of Jesus in flowing gowns and chariots of gold ..

.. it's both desperate, dismal and depressing. After six months on this thread, I mostly goof on people or irritate believers with vague sexual innuendos about scarves (don't worry, you'll find out). You, my friend, are a welcome addition, a breath of fresh air ..
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity is ethically speaking a low grade religion. But because it is spread by people who are totally self-convinced and brainwashed into thinking they speak Gods word, even with Gods spirit in, them there is no room for self-inquiry.
.. "God said it, I believe it and that settles it." How dare anyone question the validity of that statement? You did. By providing evidence, we can now change the sentence to read, "The Romans said it, you believe it and that doesn't settles it." Thanks ..

.. there's a better way ..

Location hidden

#533565 May 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Bernie :)
Good Morning Serah :) May your day be blessed :)

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#533567 May 13, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief is for people too lazy to think for themselves
It that enough?
There are many Gods. How do you know? Through spirituality. By the way there are many classes of Gods, from purely spiritual ones to ones in material bodies. Gods are simply other classes of beings.
Before Christianity killed spirituality and replaced it by rationalized book belief people could easily sense these spiritual beings. But they were barred from even talking about that. The burning stakes were not inviting.
Christianity's best argument has always been fear
.. fear is still Christianity's best argument. Many Christians on this thread fear God. I could never understand that ..
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#533568 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
So your logic then is you're not lazy, because you don't believe anything?<quoted text>is it Christianity you have a problem with? or is it with Jesus Christ?
Belief is accepting things on authority.

I do not believe anything. that does not mean I am not prepared to accept that Earth revolves around the Moon until I have been able to see that for my self. But I will always distinguish that from real personal experience.

Spiritual people can experience Gods and other spiritual beings, that is true experience and not belief (as long as you are not giving special meaning to that). Even the Divine can be experienced directly by the lucky ones. But there is no reason to truly believe that until you have experienced that. True experience gives knowledge, not belief.

I have prayed to Jesus Christ a lot and never even experienced a thing. I can not say anything definite about Jesus as a man, but as a God he sucks. Christ or Chrestos comes from gnostic belief based on the ideas of Plato about a perfect God. It is based on his theory that this world consists of bad copies of perfect forms in a higher roam. Lots of these ideas were mixed into Christianity.

But they are not based on spirituality either. You can pray to Christ until you die and feel nothing. It is just a theoretical God of Plato.

This changes when people do stupid things like inviting the spirit of Christ. What actually happens is that often unclean spirits enter them, like demons. That is why so many Christians started to murder like madman. They think they are possessed by Jesus Christ, but do not have a clue who is really controlling them. It is a very dangerous practice that was revived in the charismatic churches to make Jesus tangible. See an example here:

Serous religions have warned against inviting any spirits. Good spirits will generally refuse that, and evil spirits you do not want. To invite the Divine is total nonsense since all creatures already carry his spirit. It is also stupid to think that by calling Jesus name and leaving the door wide open, only Jesus could enter. But since Christians lack any deeper spiritual knowledge they do these stupid things. And many of their pastors are demonic themselves and like to control their flock this way. Christianity is mass control and attracts power hungry leaders.

Spiritual people will sense these pastors are rotten from a mile but Christians let themselves be driven like cattle into huge barns and do not even wonder if they are called "flock" and "sheep". That is why the German Christian herd so easily followed their pastor, fuhrer, leader, Adolf Hitler, who was also a devout Christian churchgoer, paying his church tax like an upstanding Christian, but also a real evil creature.

Christians have often been ruled by such evil people, no wonder, they were so from the moment it became the Roman state religion. It was constructed by these evil people to do exactly that.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533569 May 13, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
If God exists, and IF that god is anything like men wrote about in the Bible, which you have not yet given us any reason to think is true.
Because you think God exists, or you believe God exists, or you even "know" God exists, does not mean that God exists.
But each person must be accountable for their soul. So if they decide to live, as if there is no God, then they/you, are solely and lonely responsible for that decision. You won't be able to say because no one prove God to you, is not your fault, and you're without excuse.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#533571 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>not my job to prove God to you.[QUOTE]all you have is faith too.
And so your claims are invalid.
I suppose you also think the Earth is only 6'000 years old.

Montreal

#533572 May 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Ah. there you are.

Remember when you said that the Bible was error free?

I replied with this...

Khatru wrote, "
Ok, let's try this again. Step-by-step.......

Fact: You say that we will be judged by our faith. Right?
"

Anyone would think you're running away.
I'd like to take this chance to bring up the bible's huge, off-the-charts error in the estimation of the world's age.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533573 May 13, 2013
You say you pray to Jesus, and nothing. I can't add anything to that, that you. Too bad for you. But I agree with you that experience gives knowledge. Knowledge though sometimes is only relevant to the person with the experience. That experience and knowledge is not relevant to no one else.
[QUOTE who="Mark"]<quote d text>
Belief is accepting things on authority.
I do not believe anything. that does not mean I am not prepared to accept that Earth revolves around the Moon until I have been able to see that for my self. But I will always distinguish that from real personal experience.
Spiritual people can experience Gods and other spiritual beings, that is true experience and not belief (as long as you are not giving special meaning to that). Even the Divine can be experienced directly by the lucky ones. But there is no reason to truly believe that until you have experienced that. True experience gives knowledge, not belief.
I have prayed to Jesus Christ a lot and never even experienced a thing. I can not say anything definite about Jesus as a man, but as a God he sucks. Christ or Chrestos comes from gnostic belief based on the ideas of Plato about a perfect God. It is based on his theory that this world consists of bad copies of perfect forms in a higher roam. Lots of these ideas were mixed into Christianity.
But they are not based on spirituality either. You can pray to Christ until you die and feel nothing. It is just a theoretical God of Plato.
This changes when people do stupid things like inviting the spirit of Christ. What actually happens is that often unclean spirits enter them, like demons. That is why so many Christians started to murder like madman. They think they are possessed by Jesus Christ, but do not have a clue who is really controlling them. It is a very dangerous practice that was revived in the charismatic churches to make Jesus tangible. See an example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PZ0373FD5f4XX
Serous religions have warned against inviting any spirits. Good spirits will generally refuse that, and evil spirits you do not want. To invite the Divine is total nonsense since all creatures already carry his spirit. It is also stupid to think that by calling Jesus name and leaving the door wide open, only Jesus could enter. But since Christians lack any deeper spiritual knowledge they do these stupid things. And many of their pastors are demonic themselves and like to control their flock this way. Christianity is mass control and attracts power hungry leaders.
Spiritual people will sense these pastors are rotten from a mile but Christians let themselves be driven like cattle into huge barns and do not even wonder if they are called "flock" and "sheep". That is why the German Christian herd so easily followed their pastor, fuhrer, leader, Adolf Hitler, who was also a devout Christian churchgoer, paying his church tax like an upstanding Christian, but also a real evil creature.
Christians have often been ruled by such evil people, no wonder, they were so from the moment it became the Roman state religion. It was constructed by these evil people to do exactly that.
Hitler have to answer to God, just like everyone. So I wish you the best. You talk about Demons, so you believe Spirits exist. All I can tell is good luck on your search for spiritual peace. My peace and contentment comes from Jesus Christ. Obviously that not work for you. but that you.

Montreal

#533575 May 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It was a very good day ~ my daughter and I spent about 8 hours driving to and from the town where I was born, and where my Mother, Stepfather, Grandfather and Sister are buried. I never met my Grandfather or Sister, but still take much pleasure from putting flowers on their graves :)

I have also had messages from the other side from both of them (and also my Stepfather) and although I have always believed in our afterlife, they have just added further confirmation.

Glad you enjoyed your day, I am sure your Grandma did too!!
That's sad...why did you never know your grandfather or sister?

Montreal

#533576 May 13, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>Giving up already? I dont blame you, he was running circles around you..........
Nope, just ignoring someone who's crazy on his drugs and time in prison.
Now, what's your story?
Are you simply a troll, or do you have some other reason for saying irrelevant things here?

Montreal

#533577 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>But each person must be accountable for their soul. So if they decide to live, as if there is no God, then they/you, are solely and lonely responsible for that decision. You won't be able to say because no one prove God to you, is not your fault, and you're without excuse.
If you don't believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, you'll be judged by him when you die.
When you see him, you can't give him the excuse of "no one proved him to you." You're accountable for your own ignorance of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

On a side note, my phone autocorrects Flying Spaghetti Monster to have capitals whereas it doesn't for "god."
I think that's proof enough the my god is more real than yours.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#533578 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
How do you know we aren't praying, taking action, writing their congressperson, protesting, making [drones] a public issue? How?

We know Christianity, and we know what kinds of people it generates. We know your (collective) values and priorities. We know what you care about, and what you don't care about.
So then you guess. Nice.
For example, compare the numbers of posts in this thread from Christians complaining about gays or blasphemy with the number about unjust death.
I will. But first you compare the number if atheists complaining about Christianity instead of unjust death.

Go.
You express concern for American troops, but not the victims of the collateral damage they inflict. I've seen the bumper stickers.
That's how we know. We know you.
You get your info from bumper sticker?!?

O_o

Excuse me.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533579 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

You think posting some ludicrous ideas on an Internet thread is "doing something"??

No.
Good, cuz it isn't.
I think that posting good ideas is doing something. Suggestions for a revised Constitution stimulates thought. It focuses on specific problems and offers specific solutions.

Yes, I read your um......proposal. It stinks, to be frank. It's set up just for little ole you, not the American public.
If you studied it, you would see that your problem has no hope of a solution by voting for a Democrat or Republican, and that your government isn't really yours any more.
I don't need to study it, remember? I only need to read it, which I did.

According to you, "reading it" makes one an expert.

Oh, and I do vote either Democrat or Republican.
Your worst problem is lobbying. You can't have democracy in an environment where "voting" is done with dollars.
I don't lobby and I don't vote with money, what are you talking about?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533580 May 13, 2013

Please don't ask me to believe that that is a value of yours or Bush's. I haven't seen a single post from you about the murder of innocents in any other country. Where was your outrage over East Timor and Rwanda?
You "haven't seen a single post from [me] about the murder of innocents"? Really?

I've stated numerous times that is the reason that America goes to war, to save the innocent from dying. What Hussein did to the people of Kuwait and to the people of his own country was inexcusable and it demanded military intervention to stop him.

I know you think holding up a protest sign that says "down with Hussein" would've worked, but you'd be wrong.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533581 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Please don't ask me to believe that that is a value of yours or Bush's. I haven't seen a single post from you about the murder of innocents in any other country. Where was your outrage over East Timor and Rwanda?
<quoted text>
Which justification was that one? I've forgotten the order. I know that WMDs was the first lie offered as a justification. Which came next - the murder of innocents excuse or the al-Qaeda ruse?
Incidentally, that invasion caused an expansion of al-Qaeda. From Wiki :
"al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), also known as al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia, is the Iraqi division of the international Salafi jihadi militant organization al-Qaeda. It is part of the Iraqi insurgency. The group was founded in 2003 as a reaction to the American-led invasion and occupation of Iraq"
Nice work.
And America is making new blood enemies with every drone attack.
We needed you to be a little more informed and a little more critical in your thinking - not to believe whatever lie you were told next.
But don't let it trouble you. If it's more comfortable, go wave a flag and throw on a Toby Keith CD.
A CD? Dude, what?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533582 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Why would she? The Dimwit deserves the opprobrium.
Oh, I see. Skom 'deserves' the criticism, but you don't.

So it ok for you to talk shit but not him.

O_o

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533583 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ok, so by my count you have three (count em, three) quotes by people claiming to like Bush and God, and one of the three quotes was Bush himself lol. Huh... Only about 2 billion more to find before you can rightfully assert that Christians think Bush was anointed by God. Get ta googlin, man...

Sorry, dude, but my case has been made to my satisfaction. I don't require you to acknowledge it.
Hey, I acknowledge it alright.

That you've taken the word of TWO people and used it as justification to assume what the other 2 billion Christians think...

ASSume much?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min ChristINSANITY is... 778,485
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 34 min Just American 4,899
Moses never existed 35 min Khatru 834
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min USA Born 560,516
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 1 hr lokito 11
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 2 hr Just American 1,030
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr SAYS IT ALL 96,865
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 265,472
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 9 hr risque 137
More from around the web