“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#533579 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

You think posting some ludicrous ideas on an Internet thread is "doing something"??
It aint necessarily so wrote:

No.
Good, cuz it isn't.
I think that posting good ideas is doing something. Suggestions for a revised Constitution stimulates thought. It focuses on specific problems and offers specific solutions.

Yes, I read your um......proposal. It stinks, to be frank. It's set up just for little ole you, not the American public.
If you studied it, you would see that your problem has no hope of a solution by voting for a Democrat or Republican, and that your government isn't really yours any more.
I don't need to study it, remember? I only need to read it, which I did.

According to you, "reading it" makes one an expert.

Oh, and I do vote either Democrat or Republican.
Your worst problem is lobbying. You can't have democracy in an environment where "voting" is done with dollars.
I don't lobby and I don't vote with money, what are you talking about?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533580 May 13, 2013

Please don't ask me to believe that that is a value of yours or Bush's. I haven't seen a single post from you about the murder of innocents in any other country. Where was your outrage over East Timor and Rwanda?
You "haven't seen a single post from [me] about the murder of innocents"? Really?

I've stated numerous times that is the reason that America goes to war, to save the innocent from dying. What Hussein did to the people of Kuwait and to the people of his own country was inexcusable and it demanded military intervention to stop him.

I know you think holding up a protest sign that says "down with Hussein" would've worked, but you'd be wrong.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533581 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Please don't ask me to believe that that is a value of yours or Bush's. I haven't seen a single post from you about the murder of innocents in any other country. Where was your outrage over East Timor and Rwanda?
<quoted text>
Which justification was that one? I've forgotten the order. I know that WMDs was the first lie offered as a justification. Which came next - the murder of innocents excuse or the al-Qaeda ruse?
Incidentally, that invasion caused an expansion of al-Qaeda. From Wiki :
"al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), also known as al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia, is the Iraqi division of the international Salafi jihadi militant organization al-Qaeda. It is part of the Iraqi insurgency. The group was founded in 2003 as a reaction to the American-led invasion and occupation of Iraq"
Nice work.
And America is making new blood enemies with every drone attack.
We needed you to be a little more informed and a little more critical in your thinking - not to believe whatever lie you were told next.
But don't let it trouble you. If it's more comfortable, go wave a flag and throw on a Toby Keith CD.
A CD? Dude, what?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533582 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Why would she? The Dimwit deserves the opprobrium.
Oh, I see. Skom 'deserves' the criticism, but you don't.

So it ok for you to talk shit but not him.

O_o

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533583 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ok, so by my count you have three (count em, three) quotes by people claiming to like Bush and God, and one of the three quotes was Bush himself lol. Huh... Only about 2 billion more to find before you can rightfully assert that Christians think Bush was anointed by God. Get ta googlin, man...

Sorry, dude, but my case has been made to my satisfaction. I don't require you to acknowledge it.
Hey, I acknowledge it alright.

That you've taken the word of TWO people and used it as justification to assume what the other 2 billion Christians think...

ASSume much?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533584 May 13, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
opprobrium.
Awesome. I had to Google it.
Yes. Large, strange and unused words helps IANS feel moar smarterer.

Criticism is easier....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#533585 May 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, just ignoring someone who's crazy on his drugs and time in prison.
Now, what's your story?
Are you simply a troll, or do you have some other reason for saying irrelevant things here?
LOL...whatever you have to tell yourself! Personally I think you have had your head hit the headboard a few too many times and it has scrambled your brains!If it is even possible you seem to be getting dumber:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533586 May 13, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Nothing is impossible with God.
Khatru wrote:

Except, it seems:
1. Tolerating other religions, gays, women and disabled people.
2. Stopping natural disasters from killing hundreds of thousands.
3. Ending cancer, leukaemia, meningitis, etc.
4. Loving people without involving pain and fire.
5. Avoiding errors and contradictions in his holy book.
No doubt there are more examples, so the above is not an exhaustive list.
Lol. Would you prefer God do everything for us?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#533587 May 13, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
world christians god is doing nothing good,
all is screwed up past 2000 years, included your brain,
satan screw up your little crazy cells against churches,he knew that you are idiot,and will only blame God who never establish earthly churches at all?
man and devil did it to gain own prosperities,powers,and own glory,
they kicked your a..... only for one reason,to mock today on they cyber space christianity and main put blame on Biblical God.
you are just simple low IQ spiritual idiot
Of course you would think that...it is much easier that way...for you to believe that I am just a simple low IQ spiritual idiot. As long as you can push that description off on someone else...it allows you not to have to look at yourself.

Have a good time doing that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533588 May 13, 2013

Yes, I can tell.
How is being black like being a Christian?
It's not, I was being facetious, not literal.

Just to demonstrate your bigotry.

You don't recognize it in yourself, I was hop if you would by changing the "black" in your post to "Christian".

I guess your bigotry is so entrenched in your psyche you still can't tell.
One is the result of genetics, has no bearing on the character of the individual, and is none of anybody's business, while the other is a choice with associated behaviors that are my business when they affect me and the people I care about.
Huh... Just like the difference between race and sexual preference...
Furthermore, my characterizations of how the collective of Christians appears does not mean that I think that every Christians is exactly like that.
HA HA HA hahaha!!!!

I'm not buying THAT load of crap.
Perhaps you are referring to my characterization of German Christians in World War II, who I accused of moral laxity for sitting idly by while Hitler killed Jews in the name of their god.
You haven't demonstrated that they did, I'm not taking your word for it.
I generally speak about Christians collectively - often as "the church." It's an unflattering review. That doesn't make me a bigot. It makes me a critic.
A critic? Lol, no that makes you a bigoted stereotyping fool.

Oops! I just insulted you. I better hope no one notices...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533589 May 13, 2013

You reveal more of yourself than you apparently know. It's not hard to pass judgment on that comment. Watch: That was passive-aggressive mean spiritedness. And here's the rationale.
Are you really as indifferent as you think your words suggest?
I also don't care whether gays marry or not. But unlike you, I support the rights of gay couples to make that choice for themselves, meaning I favor law that supports that choice, and would speak out for and vote for such a law.
You're nothing like that. You won't help at all. I don't see indifference. I see mean spiritedness trying to pass as neutrality.
I would think that most people would either speak out or vote in favor of or against such a thing. Saying that you would do neither just doesn't ring as sincere.
That you don't see yourself this way in no way invalidates the opinion, nor makes it a guess or assumption. There is evidence for it.
I told you I don't care if gays marry and I meant it. Which is why I stay away from it (legally) and do nothing to promote or hinder it. It's called apathy - I just don't care.

You on the other hand claim to not care about it but then write "I support the rights of gay couples to make that choice for themselves, meaning I favor law that supports that choice, and would speak out for and vote for such a law" which shows that you DO care and have an interest in it.

Now either opinion makes you and I right or wrong. It's just our opinions.

For the love of God, respect my opinion.

Location hidden

#533590 May 13, 2013
@MARK.....Responding here for space. You are wrong about who Jesus considers neighbors. In the book of Luke is where He specifically describes what makes one a good neighbor and the choice of the Good Samaritan was not coincidental.Samaria often was in conflict with the Jewish people and Samaritans were not thought of positively by Jews and vice versa. Yet Jesus chose a Samaritan for that parable. He also says in the book of Matthew that you have been told to love your neighbor and hate your enemy but He tells you you must love your enemy and pray for those who would persecute you. So Jesus had an all inclusive message of love and also told people to leave the judging to God. As far as slaves and murder, the United States has the same history. Do you hate your country or the Constitution? Or do you put the blame where it belongs, on the individuals who comitted the crimes?

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#533594 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to stop you right there since you are an ignorant bigot. You have no idea what my church teaches me. The priests in my church are in their 80's and still do more volunteer work than most people on the planet. The kind, loving old men who don't have a mean bone in their body. They teach love and forgiveness and trying to find little ways each day to make someone else's life just a little bit easier. They teach us to be more like Jesus. They teach us not to give up or to be lazy as those are just excuses and even though it is hard sometimes, that we have all been blessed and we should show our gratitude for that by helping the less fortunate. My church teaches it doesn't have to be money, that sometimes the greatest thing you can give someone is your time. It is why I volunteered in a program where elderly people set up times for people from the parish to come visit them. I talked to a women in her early 90's that knew more about the Detroit Pistons than I did and watches every game
You are simply a bigot who thinks he knows what goes on in tens of thousands of churches around the country but you know nothing.
You are a deserter of church and country and it wouldn't surprise me if your bigotry was nothing more than your way to justify your already existing hate of people. You are a bitter man who apparently never got the love and popularity he so craved so he goes around the Internet searching out needy younger people and trying to talk cool in hopes of impressing them. You regurgitate Wikipedia in hopes of making yourself look intelligent to them and rarely stray off of two subjects to keep up the facade. You make up an imaginary demographic and keep saying hilarious things that imply you are changing the world! At the end of the day, at the end of your life for that matter, you will be the same loser you have always been and the church will still be going strong
How old were you when you became a doctor and what year was that?
Too good not to have seconds.

Location hidden

#533595 May 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve...when I signed in here today I was about 2000 posts behind...after reading backwards a few pages...decided maybe I don't want to read further.
This post caught my attention...
Can you direct me back to where LeLe admits she is not a Christian and never has been? I am curious to read it.
No offense intended but I would not have the interest in spending hours going thru back posts just to satisfy your curiosity. However she didnt deny it and her defense was she never claimed to be a saint.And when talking about Jesus the other day and saying some people who claim to follow Him act poorly, she referred to Christ as "their Lord". However a much quicker way would be just ask her yourself if she believes the Bible.(T) PEACE

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#533596 May 13, 2013
Adam wrote:
Is the president of the united states of america a moslem or christian?
He's a dork!

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#533597 May 13, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>He's a dork!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DXEREI5IYb0XX
Or this one ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#533598 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you sure about that?
A discussion about atheism and christianity in the context of beliefs, is a totally different conversation from you talking about here.
I surely believe one must be born again and spiritually know Jesus Christ to escape hell.
But you can't tell the muslim or the hindu, that they did not experience their gods. Because they may have experienced a god, just not The God that is looking out for their eternal interest. So Jesus Christ must be explained to them.
So, you labeling God, is not important. You must experience God.. So if you not no atheist, then you must decide which God to you could be the true God.
Let's go back to what you have stated.
You told a poster that it is irrelevant to believe what god created the universe as long as it was god.
You've even when as far as stating that the god of Abraham did not have to be the one...paraphrasing, of course.

So again, the result would be that there is no evidence that the god yhwh was the 'true god' of creation.
Therefore, eliminating the sole christian belief that the bible Jesus was yhwh.
Since this is now the case, then the dogma that christians teach that one must accept the bible Jesus to have eternal life and avoid the concept of hell is simply invalid.

It's as simple as this.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#533599 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Thousands of people saw Jesus do miracles and entered the temple, how come nothing outside the bible recorded that?
The answer to that would be obvious.

Location hidden

#533601 May 13, 2013
@Khatru....hey! No I understand what you are saying. That people credit God for the good and not for the bad. However I took your post to be saying they should do both. I concede there may be times people credit God for things He didnt do. I personally would think if He was going to intervene He would have done so before 10 years. But my point is God is not responsible for the bad.And man does have free will and would even if not spelled out in the Bible. The Bible also doesnt say we need lungs and a liver and heart to live yet we do. Im not being sarcastic, just making the point that some things are self-evident. However there are many verses that touch on free will. Im not at home and dont have the time to look them all up but a real good one is basically "choose today who you will serve. for me and my household we choose the Lord" that may be a word or two off but you get the point And if God intervened every time someone was going to sin to prevent bad things then free will would be meaningless (T)PEACE
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#533603 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you trying to do? you looking for reasons not to believe Jesus Christ is Yeshua?
No, I'm not.
I already have the reasons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min truth 583,981
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min Theswamiji 6,288
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 11 min Freebird USA 9,309
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 39 min Good-Evil 3,346
60s Hippy Freaks Ruined America! (Aug '07) 42 min Good-Evil 350
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr cheer the f up 121,633
sex (May '13) 1 hr sameer 149
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Blagoja 828,231
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr gundee123 442,815
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr WasteWater 98,969
More from around the web