Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#533626 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You are wrong about who Jesus considers neighbors. In the book of Luke is where He specifically describes what makes one a good neighbor and the choice of the Good Samaritan was not coincidental.Samaria often was in conflict with the Jewish people and Samaritans were not thought of positively by Jews and vice versa. Yet Jesus chose a Samaritan for that parable. He also says in the book of Matthew that you have been told to love your neighbor and hate your enemy but He tells you you must love your enemy and pray for those who would persecute you. So Jesus had an all inclusive message of love and also told people to leave the judging to God. As far as slaves and murder, the United States has the same history. Do you hate your country or the Constitution? Or do you put the blame where it belongs, on the individuals who comitted the crimes?
You do not understand the real evilness of the bible. In one passage Jesus will say one thing and in another something opposite.

That way pastors can say, we must make war on those people because Jesus says so here, and after the genocide they say, we have nothing to do with that, as Jesus clearly forbids that here!

Jesus of the bible is a two-faced man. You know what that is? Christians are known to be two-faced, nice one moment, evil the next. The Indians said: "White man speaks with forked tongue". The genocided the Indians and belied them continuously. They had no rights as the were no Christians. For some period the Church even declared they were animals and could be hunted down.

Christianity supports this religious psychopathy. Or as the Jesuits wrote to the pope, Whatever you want proven from the bible we can do it for you. The Jesuits which were also the secret service of the Church, and were responsible for assassinations of other rulers and that kind of stuff. Yes it is all in the spirit of Christ.

As to your statement that Jesus loves all people. Christianity is an extremely deceptive religion. As Christians visit new peoples they tell them that and offer them the "peace of Christ". But when people politely say: No thanks, I have my own God and religion. Then everything changes. These people have rejected the peace of Christ! In an instant they become the enemy. Then Christians find other texts in the bible like this.
1 J o h n 2
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the
Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father
and the Son.
for your information: The antichrist is on the shooting list of Christianity. Want to know what happens to liars?
J o h n 3
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:
and he that believeth not the Son shall not see
life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
These kind of texts have frequently been used to legitimize mass murder, the bible is full of them. Christian hand pick nice texts to fool people into thinking Christianity is a nice, sane, moderate religion, but you can easily pick texts that prove the opposite.Ít is the perfect instrument for evil rulers and slippery people:
16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
The Romans send their missionaries as spies among other nations. They always came in peace, but tried to convert (bribe) people to create division in the enemy camp, Then they would make war on them. The same was done by the Spaniards and many other colonizers.

Christianity is deceitful. That is why in the Koran we find a clear warning: do not befriend Christians, they are deceitful. And the Jews have even more harsh warnings in their scriptures. The Germanic people also knew it. When Rome wanted to make a peace treaty they insisted that Rome would stop sending these missionaries (agitators).

The Romans were not sentimental people crying over a nice dead Jew. They had crucified 5000 slaves on the state highway and left them for years to rot.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#533631 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Been there...done that. I have given my views in several rooms a number of times and to you specifically during one of those times. But how is it unethical for someone who believes it is wrong to verbalize it?
I don't recall if you ever gave me a direct answer. The point is, I don't know. I'm asking now. Is there a better reason you won't say?

It's wrong because it causes harm. It's the main factor in most gay suicides. It contributes to the marginalization of a demographic.

It's also more wrong because it is completely unjustified. You don't have a good reason for how homosexuality could be considered immoral. It all falls back on the authority argument of "God says so". Morality is subjective, but usually there is some rationalization that makes sense for why one group of people considers something to be immoral.
Skombolis wrote:
Are you the morality police? If someone believes homosexuality is a choice and finds it to be immoral, just as some people may find all sorts of various consentual sex acts immoral, but still believes the person deserves to be treated equally and with love then they have done nothing wrong.
Homophobia in America is real, it's caused untold harm, and it's been perpetuated almost entirely by Christians.

I think it's unethical, and not only should it stop, but Christians should better themselves by throwing that particular belief away, as they have with countless other "sacred beliefs". You're not killing people as witches any more (in America). You can make this improvement too.
Skombolis wrote:
I think its disgusting some straight couples defecate on one another.But I dont suggest we pass a law against it or treat them w hate. So then what? Am I unethical for that view?
Are you saying that pooping on another person, when they asked you to, is immoral? Are you calling these poopy party people immoral?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#533632 May 13, 2013
@Mark...on my phone and have less charcters to work with so responding here again for space. I never said Jesus loves everyone. He detests the wicked.But he had a different commission than man along with different abilities such as forgiving sin. What I said is He tells us that God is the one who we should leave the judging to as man can only see whats on the outside but God can see the heart. His instructions to us are quite clear and consistent and that is to love brother, neighbor, and enemy alike. Jesus is not two-faced at all. Have people done bad things in the name of religion? Sure. Just like they have in the name of country. The blame is on the individual

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#533634 May 13, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Serah :) May your day be blessed :)
Thank you Bernie ~ Blessings of love and peace to all of us, we surely need it :)

#533636 May 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. fear is still Christianity's best argument. Many Christians on this thread fear God. I could never understand that ..
I just love HIM :)

#533637 May 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to take this chance to bring up the bible's huge, off-the-charts error in the estimation of the world's age.
The assumption is the meaning of time...... or should I say the duration of time?

#533639 May 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sad...why did you never know your grandfather or sister?
They had both passed away before I was born ~ my Grandfather was a Military man and I have looked up his Military records but he was married twice and he was a lot older than normal when my Father was born. My sister was burned to death by a couple of boys playing with matches ~ that was hard for my parents to deal with, and actually, my Dad drank a lot after that and my parents split up the night before my 10th birthday and were finally divorced after the required 7 year wait back in those days.

When I went to our equivalent to your John Edwards (Anthony, from Whispers from Beyond), he gave me messages from several of my ancestors who had passed over, and there were no doubts about who he was referring to :) I still have the rose in my closet of treasures as a reminder of that special time in my life.....

#533641 May 13, 2013
TIM958 wrote:
<quoted text>
If our love determines our eternal destiny then wouldn't that be salvation by works. What does the Bible say?
1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.
1Jo 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
Amen :)

#533644 May 13, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
HL argues as she where as old as her 18 + years old daughter.
I don't think arguing brings out the best in any of us! We should try and understand others perceptions, just as they should try and understand ours.

Sometimes you write postings that appear to me to be very cruel towards others, and other times you write postings that have kindness within them. It gives me the impression you are fighting within yourself, and in my opinion, you should just let some of those things go and give them to GOD.

Location hidden

#533646 May 13, 2013
tide...here for space...do i find it immoral? I dont know if i would go that far but thats me. i tend to equate immorality normally with harm to onesself or others. But it sure as heck is disgusting and unnatural and ppl that crap on each other have some issues imo. But they dont answer to me and I dont hate them nor would I discriminate against them. Personally the actual act of two men having sex is not something I care to think about. But I think it is how people are born and their sexual orientation is no more a reflection of their morality than for a straight person. But again, thats me. i dont think its homophobia all the time someone thinks it is wrong. i would however caution those who find it immoral but wouldnt engage in hate or discrimination to make sure to fully explain their position to ensure it is not misunderstood as something encouraging bigotry or hate

#533649 May 13, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong lady
under ADAM poster are few people,
muslims,and friendly christian women to them,
they post sometimes differently,and have not clue who or what thema have this topic
I assume Adam poster computer is from one of the muslim mosques in germany or anyway under Internet ID from germany
You also write very cruel postings to others......

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#533650 May 13, 2013
TIM958 wrote:
<quoted text>
If our love determines our eternal destiny then wouldn't that be salvation by works. What does the Bible say?
1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.
1Jo 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
It is so !!!

Location hidden

#533653 May 13, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree
I see your good mature spiritual development of basic understanding who Jesus is, His Love,
and human have own responsibilty before own heart who condemn all atrocities commit evil things by human free will thoughts.
this way negative opinions about others is not Judgement at all,
because human is not able to see heart of human and Judge Him according to High moral Standards of Gods law
Exactly. If everyone was on equal footing perhaps the message of do what I say not what I do would be open to criticism. But it would be beyond hubris for man to think he has the same rights as God. And God doesnt resever these rights for Himself out of a desire for power or control but out of fairness.and ability. He knows man is too biased, too proned to be subjective and doesnt have all the necessary information to properly judge another man. That is why he tells us to love everyone and leave the judging for one who can see the heart (T) PEACE

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#533654 May 13, 2013
Later ...
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#533655 May 13, 2013
Name appears on post wrote:
This really touched my heart. How could anyone say that gays/LGBT folks don't go to Heaven, particularly after reading THIS?
http://www.chazbono.net/forum/index.php...
"After living my amazingly wonderful life with my wife of 14 years and being blessed with two amazing and helathy children we both used to lay there at night and ponder the whole God question. We always felt that God made man to love and without God I could have never found my soul mate and we would have never had our children. Till the day my wife was taken away by cancer we still agreed that God had led us to each other and given us all that we had been blessed with and since her death I dont think he has ever left my side. Just remember when someone tells you that you are going to hell for being gay or whatever that it is not one of the 10 commandments and how many of those have they personally broken and will God still love them and forgive them...If it is a sin to live this life then is that sin any worse than the others that are committed and as long as you personally believe then I think it will be ok.
Right before my wife died we discussed the "what if we are wrong and they dont let her in" I said then just sit on the bench and wait for me to get there, it won't be long, and together we will find the right Heaven that we can all go to and live as ourselves happily. There are to many lesbians, gays, transgendered, and whatever else in our world that we have to have an amazing place somewhere. IF ITS NOT IN THE MAIN PART OF HEAVEN-WELL WE WILL BE THE PLACE NEXT DOOR ROCKING OUT WITH ALL THE GREAT MUSIC,CLOTHES, AND HAPPY PEOPLE!"
Though you mean well you still haven't shaken off the Christian brainwash, only part of it.

for instance: the we want to go to heaven bit. What are you going to do there the rest of eternity? Play on the trumpet for Jesus? Just being happy? Fish in the Divine pond? It is going to be awfully boring. And will you still have negative feelings and all nasty memories. Okay wipe that mind clean. You already lost your body and its feelings, but what leaves that of you? How can this "you" have a eternal life and still be called you? Will you be making new memories or just endlessly repeating old ones like a broken record player?

It makes no sense just like the rest of the cock and bull story.

Eternal heaven makes no sense at all from a philosophical viewpoint. Christianity simply used it as a sales pitch to convert people. Join us and we give you eternal heaven. You can live with the Gods (angels)!

It is a child story compared to what other religious traditions developed, but it is presented as the only truth!

Why would a God continuously make new "eternal" souls? Only to storage them in heaven after one time use? It is all so silly.

And really,(no harm intented) if you believe God controls all these aspects of you life with his remote control, why did you not also write: "When God gave my wife cancer"? Why not? He made a whole planet on which everything dies and eats each other.

Do some shopping around and you will find more sane concepts. If the Christians burned all the scriptures of our ancestors it was only to keep you from finding out, otherwise you would not buy their bull.

Free heaven!
Special offer!
free heaven!
Only accept Jesus, it is free!
eternal life for free!
Free heaven!

(small print, do as we tell you and pay 10% of your annual income to church, besides other contributions and become an unpaid salesperson for our enterprise)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#533657 May 13, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
question
about john 4;10
Would you love Him at all?
,if HE wouldn't first love you??
you claim to be true believer,you suppose to know this??
Hello dr shrink. I think he is trying to say exactly what you did.
People claim to be true believer as well as others. Claiming their love, everybody love, if we love everything alright. Our love is nothing without Gods love. I think you and he agree on this one.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#533658 May 13, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Though you mean well you still haven't shaken off the Christian brainwash, only part of it.
for instance: the we want to go to heaven bit. What are you going to do there the rest of eternity? Play on the trumpet for Jesus? Just being happy? Fish in the Divine pond? It is going to be awfully boring. And will you still have negative feelings and all nasty memories. Okay wipe that mind clean. You already lost your body and its feelings, but what leaves that of you? How can this "you" have a eternal life and still be called you? Will you be making new memories or just endlessly repeating old ones like a broken record player?
It makes no sense just like the rest of the cock and bull story.
Eternal heaven makes no sense at all from a philosophical viewpoint. Christianity simply used it as a sales pitch to convert people. Join us and we give you eternal heaven. You can live with the Gods (angels)!
It is a child story compared to what other religious traditions developed, but it is presented as the only truth!
Why would a God continuously make new "eternal" souls? Only to storage them in heaven after one time use? It is all so silly.
And really,(no harm intented) if you believe God controls all these aspects of you life with his remote control, why did you not also write: "When God gave my wife cancer"? Why not? He made a whole planet on which everything dies and eats each other.
Do some shopping around and you will find more sane concepts. If the Christians burned all the scriptures of our ancestors it was only to keep you from finding out, otherwise you would not buy their bull.
Free heaven!
Special offer!
free heaven!
Only accept Jesus, it is free!
eternal life for free!
Free heaven!
(small print, do as we tell you and pay 10% of your annual income to church, besides other contributions and become an unpaid salesperson for our enterprise)
You don't know it Mark, but you are addressing our autistic friend here... If she sees this post to her it will be interesting to see how she replies to you, as she is far from dumb.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#533660 May 13, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
That is quite fine and good for the few that do that, at least for one generation, but the God they worship would be lost to the knowledge of the world in a few short years if there was not well run aggressive organizations to keep passing that knowledge forward to the following generations. No one is going to find out about this God, or even consider worshiping or believing, if they don't first have someone to tell them about this God and also why they are suppose to believe. That has been what the churches and those who work in the churches have been doing since the beginning.
To make a simple comparison, how long do you think people would continue to learn, if all school systems shut down, and people just sat quietly at home and looked up everything they needed to know in a book? Where would the books come from, for a starter?
What do you think one generation after another generation done back in ancient times?? Before books.

Take into consideration the different customs,cultures and the many practices some people have passed on to others.All done without books.

Where do you get the idea that one needs a well aggressive Orgination to keep knowledge alive.

Then there are people in this world that are self taught and self motived.

Please explain to me how all this has survives for many generations yet you think it going to disappear.I do not think one has to belong to a aggressive organiation to learn and gain knowledge.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#533663 May 13, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, interesting. Yes Jesus. May I be more like him. I must decrease and he must increase. Be Blessed Peace Warrior. Not by power nor by might, but by my spirit, says the Lord. May God guide all we do.
Isaiah 55
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Revelation 22
“10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.”
Love always Blind Man - tho' you are far from blind - and God Bless .

#533664 May 13, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is always in the same state. It depends how your day form is with whom you talk what bullshits they post etc.
I agree ~ we do react to what we are reading.... that's why I scroll so much!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min -KENTUCKY- 672,731
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Happy Lesbo 104,332
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Jehova Witness 981,087
------ POPE Francis **EXPOSED ------ 4 hr Patriot 2
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 6 hr Third eye blind 540
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web