Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#533518 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>all that not matter. because when God judge a soul it won't matter about another person experience or belief. only thing God care about is your soul and what you allow your body and mind to do while the soul was living in it on earth.
Another person belief or experience with God, won't matter to God when it come to you. Your soul get judged independent of anyone's else belief or experience with God. So you can base your belief on someone else if you want to, you get judged by yourself.
Ah. there you are.

Remember when you said that the Bible was error free?

I replied with this...
Khatru wrote:
Ok, let's try this again. Step-by-step.......

Fact: You say that we will be judged by our faith. Right?
Anyone would think you're running away.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#533519 May 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. ya, it was a drive by; I'm not much of a political animal, pretty much disgusted with everything ..
.. when 86% of the populace want tighter gun controls on assault weapons and congress fails to pass a bill, when Obama continues launching drones that kill innocents, when prisons become big business, when an American President commutes the sentence of a convicted felon (Lewis Libby) for outing a CIA Operative because "it was too excessive," when I discover Florida coral reefs are dying because of a Topix post, just who do our leaders represent ??..
.. Catch, in this instance, I think AIN's assessment of American's future is spot-on. Try convincing the average Joe that the USA is embracing a new fascism called wealth. They'll laugh their azz off ..
.. people go off on irrelevant tangents (Democrats vs. Republican or Bush vs. Obama) and are oblivious to the fact that fascism has arrived in the United States and its name is corporate greed ..
.. so far this new form of fascism only affects the poor, feeble-minded and weak. The liberals, labor unions and free thinkers are next then the average Joe. People like yourself will fight the good fight but unless we awake from our slumber, the deck is stacked ..
.. your thoughts ??..
As you say, we gotta fight the good fight.

Politics over there, Jesus over here....

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#533520 May 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet Christians have no problem describing their god by using human standards. Omnipotent, loving, good, just, omniscient, etc. All human words used to describe something we are told is way beyond human.
This is never more so when something good happens. Then you'll hear Christians "God is good" or words to that effect. They have no problem at all in describing their god by using human notions of goodness and love.
However, when something bad happens..say the sexual assault and murder of a six-year old girl, they jump ship and those human notions so readily used before will suddenly evaporate. Rather than say their god is not good, they'll say something like "God must have his reasons" or "Who are we to understand what God does?".
It's pigeon chess again. From being fully aware of what their god does when things are good, they instantly lose that awareness when things are bad. They also lose the ability to describe the actions/inaction of their god in human terms.
It's a cop out and it's also dishonest; yet the only people they're fooling are themselves.
people are free moral agents to do good or evil. If God stepped in every time someone plots evil, then that person free will have been taken away.

God allows evil doers to prevail sometimes, God allows good to prevail sometimes. One man does evil kidnaps 3 girls for 10yrs. Another man do good by giving part of his kidney to save the life of a stranger.

I no see anything wrong with it. God give the human the free will to show love, or hate. It perfect. So no man when they soul meet God can say God force them to do anything. They do good, or they do evil, then one day, they soul pay.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533521 May 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let's try this again. Step-by-step.......
Fact: You say that we will be judged by our faith. Right?
Faith [and] Works. Faith alone is empty, and works alone is man's way. they must be both to be God's way.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533522 May 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, while you're at it...
What's the value of Pi?
what that value have to do with discussions of philosophies??

Nottingham, UK

#533523 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>iyai!!. the one thing I notice with you unbelievers, you all don't have the ability to sum up your reasons for unbelief in few words oy!. it's like the more you write, the less you believe LOL!
If a God does not break the laws of nature, how can you be sure they are a God??
No true love in Jesus? so you believe Jesus hate you?
Thew romans tired to kill all Christians remember? but that only multiplied them.
"God is not the author of confusion"

That's what the man said.

How come his followers are about as confused as it's possible to get?

I've lost count of how many different bibles there are now.

Then we have what are quite possibly thousands of different Christian denominations, sects and cults. All claiming to be Christians and all sure that their particular take on the bible is the true and proper one.

Nottingham, UK

#533524 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Faith [and] Works. Faith alone is empty, and works alone is man's way. they must be both to be God's way.
Ok, thanks for that.

Faith and works together - I get that.

Please show me where in the bible it says that faith and works together are what we are judged on.

Nottingham, UK

#533526 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>what that value have to do with discussions of philosophies??
Not much. However, I wasn't discussing philosophies.

You said that other than punctuation and translation mistakes, there are no errors in the Bible.

I'm just going to prove you wrong on that.

So, please.....

What is the value of Pi?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533528 May 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, God himself says there was a time before him and there will be a time after him.
"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."
Isaiah 43:10
There you go - straight from the mouth of your particular deity.
~~grin~~...really?

You can't see in that verse, that God is really saying nothing existed before God?

See if this verse helps you any better;

Rev22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Everything started with God. This is one area in [creation] where even the Hindus get it right when they say 'God is everything, everything is Godí

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#533529 May 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
Perhaps it's because there's nothing in the Bible that says God gave us free will. That's right, in the whole Bible the subject of God-given free will is conspicuous by its absence.
God gave man free will after man (Adam and Eve) chose to disobey God and do as they please. God booted them out of Paradise (the garden) and set them on their way to do as their free will led them to do.

Genesis 3:23-24.

23 Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#533532 May 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Your actions speak louder than words.
Mainly, they show how braindead you are.
Ah...

I admit that I wouldn't hinder SSM in any way and you still call me brain dead?

You won't accept anyone unless they completely advocate SSM, huh?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#533533 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>

God allows evil doers to prevail sometimes,

One man does evil kidnaps 3 girls for 10yrs.

Would this bring comfort to you if one of those girls was your daughter?

How about if your sister was raped and beaten repeatedly for 10 years?

Would that appease you...knowing that God allows evil and good to happen...just so that he can allow free will?
I no see anything wrong with it.

Again...what if one of those 3 girls was your daughter...your sister...your best friend?

Would you see anything wrong with that? Try telling that to those 3 women plus the child...that you see nothing wrong with God allowing their captor to have his free will.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533534 May 13, 2013
Adam wrote:
@RiversideRedneck
How you dare comparing Hitler with Hussein and Bin Laden?
I dared!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533536 May 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much. However, I wasn't discussing philosophies.
You said that other than punctuation and translation mistakes, there are no errors in the Bible.
I'm just going to prove you wrong on that.
So, please.....
What is the value of Pi?
My understanding of pi is that the definition did not come about until the 16th or 17th century AD. So I not know what that have to with the bible that some parts were written as early as 1500BC. But I will pay along. it's value is approximately 3.14159

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533540 May 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:

Wrong.
It's completely natural, for it occurs in nature.
M'kay... Then go sniff a butt instead of shaking hands - for it happens in nature....

Or if you ever have kids, way them - for it happens in nature....
It is also intended, for why else would we be able to do it and be pleasured by it?

Oh. So rape is natural and therefore acceptable? It makes the rapist pleasured....
By "gay sex" you are refering to anal in general, which includes more straight people than gay people.

Assertion.
You also ignored my comment pointing out that oral sex is unintended, and you are therefore pretty much attempting to condemn almost every adult human being.
Did I ignore that?
Along with that, why do you care so much about another person's sex-life? Why are you so obsessed with the sexual things other people do? If you don't like it or the idea of it, don't do it and don't think about it. It's as simple as that.

I don't do any of those, so...
And you could do anything but it doesn't mean you should or that you're supposed to. According to your logic, we shouldn't have fun.
There it is! FINALLY, someone honest (unintentional, but I'll take it).

Nobody's born gay, you e just decided that's what you like because its more fun to you.

Thanks.
Wait, but I thought you said that everyone is straight?
Then how could one be bisexual?
That's not what I said and I'm tired of repeating myself to you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533542 May 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point ~ we are people first and foremost.... and it is our actions and intentions that we should be judged on, not whether or not we are Christians.
Good point. But good luck getting the freethinkers to listen to reason.

The other freethinkers wouldn't allow it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#533544 May 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It is Mother's Day tomorrow (down here at least) and although it has been nearly a year since my Mum passed over, I still have tears in my eyes on many occasions. Grief just means we have loved..... and the greater the grief, the greater the love, IMO
"The Deeper The Love" -Whitesnake

Check it out.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#533547 May 13, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry
Le Le before 5/21/2011 on the topic" May 21 End of the world" she admited she/he is gay and not christian,she posted this to my old wife madam Pipek and others?
when I repeat her claim,
Skom badly attack me about 1 year ago.
anyway I respect Skom posts,and his similar method of thinkng,
he is good boy
Are you kidding? That heinous carbuncle majors in the minors.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#533549 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The question to you perhaps and all due respect but society for the most part doesn't care if you question on believe it
90% plus of society believes in a diety. 75% of the U.S. claims Christianity.
The tenets of Christianity under the NT (which is followed today) can be summed up in two general commands
1) Love God and love your neighbor as yourself
2) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
It is a religion based on love and forgiveness that teaches leave the judging to God
Whether or not everyone follows that or fails to live up to that may be a reflection of human nature or even of individuals but certainly the belief system is not at fault
What Christians believe about "God" is what they are made to believe. It is make-belief. It is not based on spiritual self-enquiry. Because Christianity does not allow room for that, which is a crime in itself.

I have nothing against the worship of Deities. It becomes problematic when this deity is forced upon peoples at the point of a sword and by constant brainwashing called conversion.

It becomes even more problematic as this deity is not simply a force of Nature, but a moral preacher with a flawed ethics that is meant to support a slave society. Do you even realize that Christians have killed a 250 million people in the name of their lord? That they tortured numerous people to enforce their ideas?

What I think is most detrimental about Christianity is that it actually diminishes peoples happiness in stead of promoting it. It paints a gloomy picture of the world, a dark world in which Jesus is the only glimmer of light, called hope. Not even hope for a happy life on earth, but only in the afterlife. Is is thoroughly negative, but presented as a happy tiding for the desperate.

I want no hope for happiness in another life, I want happiness in this life! And the all other religions offer that, only Christianity denies that. Or as Jesus says: in this world there is only tribulation.

Now Jesus finest words: 1) Love God and love your neighbor as yourself
2) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

These are no invention of Jesus at all but rather basic rules of ethics in all religions. It is in fact a shameless copy of the words of Rabbi Hillel the Elder (110BCE-10CE). Who summarized the Tora in the same way when asked if he could recite the whole Tora. He said: I can do that standing on one leg. When he was challenged, he used these words. "What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow: this is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and learn"

It is basic ethics not even higher ethics. And it is spoiled by the rest of what Jesus says. For in the remainder it becomes clear that Jesus does not consider those who reject him "neighbours", but puts them on the shooting list.(No they don't tell the common people that, only their murderous "elite")

Christianity is ethically speaking a low grade religion. But because it is spread by people who are totally self-convinced and brainwashed into thinking they speak Gods word, even with Gods spirit in, them there is no room for self-inquiry.

We have seen the power of book indoctrination recently. Hitler used "Mein Kampf", Mao his "Red Book". It creates totally convinced people prepared to kill the enemies of the ideology in huge numbers. That is what Christianity is above all, a brainwash in an ideology. It does not need Jesus to be God, but it makes it even more powerful to have Divine legitimation. Christianity is the mother of all dehumanizing ideologies.

People cling to it, because they are programmed to it from day one. That is what makes it such an evil invention. It has nothing to do with the Divine or any God. It is a Roman instrument of mob control and therefore the favourite ideology of western empires ever since.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533550 May 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"God is not the author of confusion"
That's what the man said.
How come his followers are about as confused as it's possible to get?
I've lost count of how many different bibles there are now.
Then we have what are quite possibly thousands of different Christian denominations, sects and cults. All claiming to be Christians and all sure that their particular take on the bible is the true and proper one.
but is only 4 words that matter,'Believe and follow Yeshua'. I no care how much different versions of the bible or denominations spinoffs or if sprinkle baptize or dunk or whatever.

God not only did [not] make it confusing, God make it extraordinarily simple.

Yeshua.

Your "confusion" claim, is only one of your many memorized topix talking points excuses, for your unbelief. Many unbelievers use it. is nothing new.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Porkpie Hat 268,929
God made hell for homsexuals....and others!! 15 min Doctor REALITY 1
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 16 min -TheExam- 1,633
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 16 min WasteWater 5,557
Are your friends keeping you from accepting JES... 21 min Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Osmius 809,992
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 36 min abhi 50
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 58 min June VanDerMark 574,161
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 3 hr Coolsa 205
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 7 hr sall 163
More from around the web