Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#533354 May 13, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure why you would think "spiritual experiences" are confined only to the adherents of religion, and since this exchange concerns your religion, is exclusive to that religion.
That is an unsupported position if that is what you think.
Yeah.
Yeah ~ what religion are you talking about....... Yeah!!

#533355 May 13, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I have known some self-righteous a-holes in my time. U don't sound like one of them.
Thank you Rosa ~ but there will be a few posters in here who disagree with you :)

#533356 May 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow it's Mother's Day over here.
Going to go over to my grandmother's for supper.
I hope you had a great supper with your Grandmother ~ I'm catching up with my Grandkids on Friday evening... a bit late, but better late than never. My son is a truckie, and drives interstate, and I am waiting for him to come home so we can all be together.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#533357 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You really think people can't see thru your sad charade and attempt to rally others to your cause?
What are you talking about, fool? I was the one who told you that I was here to do that, among other things. Check out items [1] and [2] under "REASONS FOR UNBELIEVERS TO POST ON TOPIX ATHEIST THREADS" at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

[1] Learn from one another. This is atheist school, and we have many gifted atheist posters here.

[2] Sway any possible uncommitted lurkers or future readers.

Here it is again, at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :

"I don't want to argue with you. I just want to use your comments as grist for mine. I don't care if you read them or answer them. I care that other unbelievers read them. They are the ones I hope to influence, not you."

You're quite the sleuth, aren't you, Sherlock?

Fennario

#533358 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I know you think if you manipulate your own friends into thinking criticisms of you is really against all of them that maybe they will start running to your aid/
You're an idiot living in a fantasy world of your own creation. I don't attempt to recruit help. I attempt to build consensus against your church. I hope to convince others not just that your church is useless, but that it is harmful. I hope to convince others that it is proper to speak out against it, and I offer my arguments as examples to those that find them compelling and useful.

Nobody is going to manipulated by my posting. They will either be persuaded by its merit or not.

Fennario

#533359 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
And how many people defended you with the "ask the sky for forgiveness" just to have you now admit you are condemning Christian's morality, even when some were still trying to say that isn't what you are doing.
You're confused. Ask me what I believe, don't tell me. I have never been anything but open about condemning Christian morality. That's what the whole "sitting idly by" argument has been about, from Nazi Germany to Bush's America to this thread - you people just sit and watch when what you consider the out-group is gassed, carpet bombed, or with you and me, slandered.

And its not just Christian morality that I find inferior. Your understanding of love in the dumper, as is your understanding of spirituality.

Your understanding of the world - creationism - and man's place in it sucks. Your view of mankind is damaging and offensive.

Your epistemological orientation - fideism - sucks:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kbWoze9nt0w/UGruqFH...

I see nothing good there. And you have done nothing to disabuse me of that impression. Au contraire. You're just another fish in the tank

<taps aquarium glass and observes>
Skombolis wrote:
"filthy Christian liar"
I guess you didn't like that, did you? Sorry

<taps glass again>
Skombolis wrote:
"panty-sniffing god"
<takes notes>

#533360 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Some things are worth going to war for. Although I havent seen any in my time that would qualify......I am sure this will be a difficult Mothers Day for you. We are here for you my friend.(T) PEACE
Thank you Skom ~ the day was better than I anticipated :0)

"Let all that you do be done with love" is inscribed on the headstone and I will hold that scripture dear to my heart, and keep it close to humble.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day and we should all take some time out to appreciate out friends.....

#533361 May 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. I take it back, you aren't a liar. You are a moron.
Cheers ~ your insults are improving!!

#533362 May 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why an entity ?
Is electricity an entity ? Gravity ? love ? hate ? light? life ? death ?
I don't believe in your Man-God, period.
My Man-God?

Fennario

#533363 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
A lawyer who thinks people relying on the definitions of words when communicating with other people is a bad thing? Your entire profession is based on you being able to convey a story of innocent to a jury.
You're still butthurt over your conviction, aren't you?
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/...
Skombolis wrote:
btw you responded to Ians about me. HL will be along shortly to remind you of "piling on"
Didn't you just accuse me of being manipulative - trying to recruit assistance? I don't.

But look at you dong whatever you can to prevent it. Your repeated criticism of my use of the word "we" is just that. And here you are doing it again.

Dividing people is what you try to do.

Fennario

#533364 May 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, the creepy dude you refer to is probably the coolest dead head south of the rio grande
Thanks, bongo.

Nice to see you back, assuming that you are the bongo I have posted with in the past. If I recall correctly, you're a word guy, too, aren't you? And maybe have a son in medicine like boooots.

Fennario

#533365 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I never had a vested interest other than to explain why someone, based on the accepted definitions, would probably assume an atheist hasn't had spiritual experiences.
Why would anybody care about that?

She wasn't accused of malice, just ignorance, so she didn't need to explain or justify her unknowing.

We already know the source of that: her impoverished and self-serving Christian education on spirituality, which didn't involve any dictionaries.

Fennario

#533366 May 13, 2013
Mark wrote:
The monotheist God-concepts were created for political reasons, not by philosophers. Philosophers always liked to discuss about God. In the Old testament we find ideas of many philosophical schools. For the philosophers this what not a problem or even a contradiction, but rather different views on the same. It were always autocratic rulers that demanded a unified belief as to serve the nation. In Judaism this was done under King Hezekaya, In Christianity under Constantine and most clearly in Islam by Mohammed himself, who was both military and religious leader.

YHWH used to be a tribal God of the Kanaanites. They had foursome pantheon. The fatherGod (El), SonGod (JHWH), motherGod and daugtherGod, en lots of minor Gods called Elohim. Those were combined because the Persians imposed a Monotheistic-like religion on the Jews in exile. When they returned they treated their fellow Canaanites like a lesser people for not being converted.

Monotheistic religions are the result of dictatorially ruled empires. As the saying goes. Like heaven, like earth. So if the empire is ruled by a despot, so must heaven be! And as Rome was a slave society, Christianity imposes mental slavery. As the Roman slaves were kept in check by brutal repression, so their God does the same.

It has little to do with sound philosophical ideas on God, but everything with power politics.
Good post. Very interesting.
Mark wrote:
The Christian ideas are not only unsound they are irrational and inhumane. Ask these same convinced Christians if they would defend their home and family with a gun, or rather let themselves be tortured and killed following their God and their answer is clear. Jesus tells the slaves to accept grave injustice, but no sane man will follow this unethical teaching.
Agreed. The Sermon on the Mount articulates a slave moral philosophy. As you suggest, it is a set of instructions from the ruling class to the peasant class on how to think and behave as they are being exploited and discriminated against. Let's look:

Blessed, supposedly, are the poor in spirit, those who mourn, the meek, those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, the merciful, the pure in heart and the peacemakers. I find nothing wise or comforting in admonitions to be poor of spirit or meek. Be robust of spirit and as assertive as the situation requires. Meekness is not a virtue. Humility, perhaps, but not meekness. That's just a poverty of spirit.

Who wants you to accept being dispirited, tolerating grief, not asserting yourself, honest to them, forgiving of them and pacifistic with them? Who benefits if, when I punch you, you don't retaliate, defend yourself or even walk away?

Fennario

#533367 May 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Welcome to this episode of "Blame Mankind First." Today, we will posit the existence of a race of mortal men of limited power and influence, and of an omnipotent god that says that it loves them. Then we note that many of the people are starving despite this all-powerful, loving god. Who shall we blame? If we're Christian, we blame mankind, because we must NEVER EVER find fault with the god, however little it does to help.
Serah wrote:
I gather you are implying there is not enough food to feed all the people in the world? Welcome to the episode of "Looking through closed eyes"
No, Serah. I said nothing like that.

You can open your eyes now.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#533368 May 13, 2013
M_O_R_N_I_N_G

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”

~ Winston Churchill

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533369 May 13, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, It's time for spring cleaning! I want to start fresh with a clean mind and a clean house. Please forgive me where I have failed. Help me to live a holy life, acceptable to you and a witness to my world. Help me as I clean my physical house, also, to know what to do with all the things I do not need. Show me what person or what service organization could benefit from those things. And Lord, open my eyes that I may see, also, what I may do to "spruce up" my church this spring. Is there something I can clean, fix or decorate? Is there a special project that I should donate my time or money to? I am open...and I am listening. Guide me, please. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533370 May 13, 2013
Encouraging Words....

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

K-Love

Fennario

#533371 May 13, 2013
Messanger wrote:
STOOL.
I had always hoped that Sting and Jewel would get together. That would make a better mash-up than Bennifer, Tomkat or Brangelina

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533372 May 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. LIL WHISPERS never hurts anyone, leave her alone. She posts scripture, Alice posts quotes ..
:-)

Hugs.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#533373 May 13, 2013
Will catch up later....Gotta go

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Hidingfromyou 880,232
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 19 min dollarsbill 8,291
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Into The Night 3,986
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr sangili karuppan 7,649
selena coleman (Aug '12) 2 hr Imetuatatittybar 10
Any females wanna skype? 2 hr jblizzz 1
Makutyiwane e Mmotherwell 3 hr Tobey-black 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr marge 603,438
More from around the web