Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#533434 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
no one can make the case to you or for you that God exist. it's your job to make that case to yourself. So far you have made the case to yourself, that God does not exist. And that is also your job. <quoted text>I kinda expected this from lacez, but not so much you. I should never overestimate the atheist.
Why would you apply the laws of nature to God??? why would you apply physical laws to an entity that exist outside of those laws??
Lacez is stumbling over that, and now you, and probably many other atheists as well.
We don't, because it doesn't exist.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#533435 May 13, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, nothin but a trouble maker..........
;o)
(((smooch))) now wear that a while lol
I know painful huh lol.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#533436 May 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you sure do have "distain" for the homosexual community.
Come on Chris!
You flaunt your wife around here like she is the poster child
for "kicking" homosexuality!
For god's sake- be honest with yourself!
Don't pity me- please don't pity me!
I am not needing your pity Chris. It is you and your sorry
testimony that needs the pity.
I have "smeared" not one person in the name of God. For you
to say so- tells me how void you truly are.
That's sad.
You are truly pathetic and one to be pitied indeed, why his testimony sorry?

Montreal

#533437 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
At least I can read..........
Sure you can, you keep telling yourself that, Mister Irrelevant.

Montreal

#533438 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Wasn't relevent? Go read Skoms post again and then read what you wrote. Maybe you'll get it the 2nd time around. Then again.........
He was referring to your post which was irrelevant.
And so I was referring to your post which was irrelevant.
You said you can read, why don't you show that?
Let go of the hatred Lacez..........
What hatred would that be?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#533439 May 13, 2013
Why IS his testimony sorry?

Montreal

#533440 May 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure I will ever undersatnd the mentality that exists-
that believes you would be harmful to humanity simply because you
(how can I word this correctly?)-> are gay or lesbian?
Like- who cares and what business is it of theirs anyways??
I enjoy reading your posts!
:)
Happy you aren't letting the people who wish you would- just
shut up and go away- influence your right to stay!
pm. me anytime!
Thanks, I enjoy your posts as well :)
Your little pep talk was also nice of you :)

Montreal

#533441 May 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
(how can I word this correctly?)-> are gay or lesbian?
I forgot to mention, you can say that or anything else you like.
It isn't hateful or anything unless you are saying it in a negative way.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#533442 May 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the universe always existed and there was no "before the universe."
All things were created by the universe.
Don't you see how ridiculous your claims are?
eh? the universe, and God/Intelligent Designer/Higher Power, is NOT the same writer.

You telling me you cannot understand that the universe is a creation??

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#533443 May 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Late fifties.
And yes, I am more current than most of my peers, but not cutting edge.
<quoted text>
Oh no you di'int!
<quoted text>
How's that working out for ya?
<quoted text>
I know, right?
<quoted text>
My bad.
<quoted text>
I'll tell you where, too. There was this one time at band camp ...
I know what I am, and I am very comfortable in my skin. You should hope for the same for yourself some day.
"Childhood ends exactly where spontaneous play and hearty laughter end." – IANS
You are obviously not comfortable at all.

Staying young at heart is one thing. Is going around saying things like "fail" and "butthurt" keeping you young? Do you tell people "talk to the hand girlfriend"?

LOL

Your need for validation and for people to accept you is just way worse than I thought. I can't imagine when my grandfather was still alive hearing him say to someone "you sound butthurt" to someone. You know why? Because he had self-respect and commanded respect from others and it never would have crossed his mind to try to talk like a teenager desperately trying to win the approval of anonymous younger people on the internet looking for a father figure.

Do you realize how pathetic that makes you look?

But that is if your back-story is even true, which I doubt

What year did you become a doctor and how old were you?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533444 May 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't, because it doesn't exist.
that your religion talking.

Location hidden

#533445 May 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
He was referring to your post which was irrelevant.
No I wasn't

I was referring to the fact that based on one post you came to the conclusion that someone would never have anything worthwhile to say. And how dismissing people in general because one time they said something you didn't like is a mistake that will hurt you throughout your life.

Montreal

#533446 May 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>that your religion talking.
Here we go again with you claiming stupid things that are unsupported in reality.

Montreal

#533447 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No I wasn't
I was referring to the fact that based on one post you came to the conclusion that someone would never have anything worthwhile to say. And how dismissing people in general because one time they said something you didn't like is a mistake that will hurt you throughout your life.
I've been told you like to twist things around and lie about what you and others have said.
I see that the person who warned me was right.

I never said anyone "never had anything worthwhile to say."
I said that his comment to mine was irrelevant to the topic that was being discussed.

Whatever you reply to me with regarding this comment, just know that I probably won't reply back.
You obviously don't know how to remain sane while here.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#533448 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
I just looked. You and Happy Lesbo are both there.
I'd be interested to follow along and maybe even post a little there, but I don't think I could find time for another thread.
Plus, as you might know, I'm trying to wean myself from politics, although, as you have seen, I'm not doing a very good job.
HL was just a drive by; she likely saw my post to you about it.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#533449 May 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again with you claiming stupid things that are unsupported in reality.
Reality is God created. Stupid things unsupported by reality is what you believe, poof! then comes the air the universe and people oy!lol. That the fantasy you believe.

God is no poof!. God has always existed, and God created the universe. Maybe it's the infinite stupidity of your philosophy make you cannot understand.

Location hidden

#533450 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>

What your church teaches you is that...
I am going to stop you right there since you are an ignorant bigot. You have no idea what my church teaches me. The priests in my church are in their 80's and still do more volunteer work than most people on the planet. The kind, loving old men who don't have a mean bone in their body. They teach love and forgiveness and trying to find little ways each day to make someone else's life just a little bit easier. They teach us to be more like Jesus. They teach us not to give up or to be lazy as those are just excuses and even though it is hard sometimes, that we have all been blessed and we should show our gratitude for that by helping the less fortunate. My church teaches it doesn't have to be money, that sometimes the greatest thing you can give someone is your time. It is why I volunteered in a program where elderly people set up times for people from the parish to come visit them. I talked to a women in her early 90's that knew more about the Detroit Pistons than I did and watches every game

You are simply a bigot who thinks he knows what goes on in tens of thousands of churches around the country but you know nothing.

You are a deserter of church and country and it wouldn't surprise me if your bigotry was nothing more than your way to justify your already existing hate of people. You are a bitter man who apparently never got the love and popularity he so craved so he goes around the Internet searching out needy younger people and trying to talk cool in hopes of impressing them. You regurgitate Wikipedia in hopes of making yourself look intelligent to them and rarely stray off of two subjects to keep up the facade. You make up an imaginary demographic and keep saying hilarious things that imply you are changing the world! At the end of the day, at the end of your life for that matter, you will be the same loser you have always been and the church will still be going strong

How old were you when you became a doctor and what year was that?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#533451 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Hmmm Not a lot of guys in their 60's still watching Family Guy either
Now you think I'm too young to have completed a career in medicine. You usually depict me demented, in a wheel chair, and in a nursing home.

I won't be sixty for about 15 months.

And I'm very much into lowbrow culture, especially animation. I'm pretty familiar with much of the Adult Swim line-up. I just saw an episode of Law & Order with Harry Goz named in the opening credits. I knew him from the Sealab 2021, the voice of Captain Murphy, and wanted to see what he looked like.[You might be surprised to learn that I'm pretty good at trivia. I have a pretty good memory.]

And I'm also very familiar with Squidbillies, Superjail, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Brak Show, Metalocalypse, Moral Orel, The Boondocks, Harvey Birdman, and Frisky Dingo.

And of course, King Of The Hill, South Park, The Simpsons, Futurama, The Oblongs, and Bob's Burgers. Not so much American Dad. I don't like that character.

Have any of you black Christians seen The Boondocks? It is compelling. Amazing characters - such intensity. And excellent animation. Check this out

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#533452 May 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
What year did you become a doctor and how old were you?
I might tell you, but not until I play with you first. See if you can figure it out. I was born in mid-1954. I skipped two years of grade school, and spent three years in the military before I went to med school. I was very close to the usual age when I finished my training, as the two years I picked up skipping were given back with interest to the Army.

As for when I became a doctor, I told you that you need to define doctor. I graduated medical school in 19xx at which time I had an M.D. degree and was legitimately called Doctor IANS.

A year later, I finished my internship and passed the third part of the National Medical Boards (NBME), and received a license to practice medicine. Prior to that, it would have been illegal. Had I been a doctor if I was still forbidden to practice medicine? Was I a doctor a year later, when I had a license? To some, yes.

But I wasn't ready to function as an autonomous physician yet. I spent two more years doing a residency in my medical specialty, after which I passed the internal medicine boards.

That's the year I became a doctor by my reckoning, three years after graduating medical school, which was the date you originally asked for.

I asked you to disambiguate what you meant by "became a doctor," but you failed at that task, so I still don't know what you are asking for.

Not do I feel like telling you outright. Figure it out.
Skombolis wrote:
I noticed you wouldn't answer this last time. Between you lack of knowledge on prescriptions, about addiction, about the Hippocratic oath, your conflicting stories, etc I am beginning to suspect your entire back-story is false.
I'm devastated.

Location hidden

#533453 May 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been told you like to twist things around and lie about what you and others have said.
I see that the person who warned me was right.
I never said anyone "never had anything worthwhile to say."
I said that his comment to mine was irrelevant to the topic that was being discussed.
Whatever you reply to me with regarding this comment, just know that I probably won't reply back.
You obviously don't know how to remain sane while here.
If you are a new poster, it wouldn't be hard to guess who t-mailed you.

And this is what you said

"You obviously have nothing of worth to say."

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

People often say that when they get caught lying or are just wrong. When I made this point yesterday you didn't deny it at all. In fact, you defended it:

Lacez said:

"I could learn a lot from a guy making comments that aren't relevant to anything? Well obviously that's how you "learn" things. I mean, look at the stupid things that come from your mind"

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

This also came right after you couldn't glean anything from some very good words about love because of the source so being dismissing things in their entirety is nothing new to you

If you really thought I was talking about just that one post when I said:

"that's too bad, you could learn a lot about life in general from him."

...then we are dealing with a level of ignorance here new even to Topix and there isn't much else to say

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Yeshua Was-IS God... 690,404
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 25 min Chilli J 41,856
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 989,736
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 3 hr Doctor REALITY 16
Would the world have been better off...without ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 11
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,595
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 11 hr Big Al 565
More from around the web