|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
You know, they may have considered, "Ba'alMart", initially, but that sounds like it could be a sporting goods outlet or a sex toy shop... Which would be completely unrelated to the Yahweh!, since he has no balls and

no concept of a sphere apparently
That's really got to hurt.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Didn't read overnight....Will catch up later

Have a great Mothers Day!!

((*L-))

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

dr Shrink wrote:
I don't breath gays or lesbian farts
I think you do if you use the public air.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
I'm not sure why you would think "spiritual experiences" are confined only to the adherents of religion, and since this exchange concerns your religion, is exclusive to that religion.
Lacez wrote:
I don't need to learn love from 2'000 year old texts that vouch for stoning tons of different types of people to death. I already know love.
Good for both of you.

Christians claims for themselves must all be subject to scrutiny. It's what rational skeptics do.

Their claims to spiritual superiority? I don't see evidence of it. Most of them seem like children in that area to me.

Their claims to a higher love, or even to knowing what love is? I don't see it.

Their claims to a higher morality? That's laughable.

It's helpful to point out periodically that these are just the claims that the Christians make about themselves, always unsupported, and often contradicted by evidence.

These claims hadn't been challenged much in the past, and many people accept such ideas uncritically. How many unbelievers think that a church upbringing or a religious school will generate better people? Those assumption deserve to be questioned out loud.

There's nothing spiritual about fantasizing about imaginary ghosts and imaginary realms. And where is there love in the bible? I don't mean the word, but an act recognizable as love. I know about the mother who gave her baby to a stranger rather than see it cut in half. That was love. And the good samaritan was loving.

But the bible is mostly just lip service to love with almost no examples of it.

Their claims that the church is charitable is in this category, too, by the way. I keep hearing about it, but there's no evidence that the church spends even 10% of its tax-free revenues on helping the needy.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Using any online dictionary you prefer, could you copy and link a definition of "spiritual" that you feel applies to you or an atheist as far as an experience you have had? I personally dont care if people within your subset choose to redefine the word. I am simply making the point that it would be natural for Serah to assume you have not had spiritual experiences based on recognized definitions of the word
Christians won't get to define spiritual in dictionaries for much longer. We're already starting to redefine the word. Dictionaries, which are descriptive and not prescriptive - that is, they tell how words are being used, not how they must or ought to be used - and lag ten or twenty years behind actual usage.

I'll define spirituality for you

For starters, disabuse yourself of your Christian notions for a moment. Spirituality has nothing to do with spirits - holy or otherwise. It is a psychological experience, and a way of looking at nature.

The sense of spirituality, like all conscious sensations, is the result of a neuropsychological faculty distributed through the brain and capable of producing a certain type of phenomenal experience. Like all other such faculties, it is naturalistic in origin - and a gift of evolution.

This sense of spirituality is a rich and robust experience - part sense of mystery, part a sense of awe, part a sense of connection, and part a sense of gratitude. It is a wonderful feeling, and its expression and experience should be nurtured for its own sake.

But it shouldn't be misinterpreted, as it so often is. One is only experiencing one's own mind, not ghosts. It's an internally generated feeling, just like the experiences of lust, humor, beauty, goodness, or value. The sense of spirituality is as natural as any of those, and like them, is merely another adaptation in man, one that makes life better when we partake of it.

As usual, your priests have mangled this matter, and sucked the life out of it. For you, spirituality is believing in spirits, ghosts and angels, and dreaming of some nonexistent realm after death.

For me, spirituality is the breathtaking realizations that arises from a sense of connectedness with existence. This is my world, my planet, and my species. Science has shown us so much about our connectedness to all life and all matter.

How can you call Christianity spiritual when it teaches that man is fallen, that animals are soulless meat bags under our dominion, and that the earth is not expendable?

If you're a Christian, you have been taught to believe those things, following which you couldn't possibly have a sense of what I call spirituality.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to mind your mouth and beware your talk.
Bite me ...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
How do you politely tell someone that their tits are leaking?
you gave the answer----politely.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you're making empty, unsupported claims and exampling an extreme form of ignorance because I've never said what you stated above.
So all you can do is insult, and even the insults you toss are similar to what a 5 year old might say.
hahaaa.
You don't have to say it, the logical conclusions of your unending stupidity of atheism dictates that you believe all came from naught. Because without an Intelligent Designer or GOD, then you the atheist believes something, even the air accidentally and randomly appeared making the universe and people.

Not even a 5yr old is that stupid. And to doubt you believe that, well really is to deny you're atheist. Which you probably are a fraud.
And I dare you to use secular science, not ID, secular science to back your belief. Secular science, laughs at you. And I can supply many secular scientists that studies where people and planets come from, that would laugh in your face because of your unending stupidity. That's not ad hominem or an insult, I truly believe an atheist is the stupidest person on the planet. You can believe what you want to about the Christian.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

A tribute to Our Mothers in Heaven~

All Say a prayer of THANKS for any
and ALL things mom taught you,
...all things YOU will pass on to others.

... Ladies If you HAVE children,
say a blessed prayer of THANKS
BECAUSE ~
YOU are THEIR mothers.

Men honor your women,
life means GIVING...
the next generation
traditions
~they will keep while LIVING.

Celebrate the memories,
the good times with our moms
...Say a prayer for peace of mind.
Peace of mind accomplished after a good cry
... if
That is what YOU need.

To NOT care would be worse,
to DENY how much WE CARED?!
LOVED ones are counting on us,
Give them what our mothers SHARED.

All things will happen ,
IN there OWN sweet season.
Our lives ARE to LIVE,
carry on with FAITH and REASON.

We go on and grieve,
I 'd not have it any other way,
Say a prayer of LOVE,
and SHARE your blessed DAY.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Truths
So where there are problems with disruption and self glory, the women will only be saved if they give birth? It must be safe to say that disruption and self glory are not problems that occur anywhere else as no other women are told they have to get pregnant to be saved.
I just find it interesting that for these women, the usual "belief in Jesus is of paramount importance" thing is not enough to get into heaven.
Let's have a look at the scripture again on a verse-by-verse basis....
9. I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes
10. but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.
11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission.
12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.
13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.
15 But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."
1 Timothy 2:9-15
I don't think that scripture is clear enough. Despite what you say it does appear to be aimed at all women and not just a small group of them.
So, like the instruction to have babies, I guess the orders to be lower than men, submit and be quiet and dress modestly are only applicable to these particular women who possess attitudes of disruption and self glory.
All are offered the same deal and rules of salvation~
Jesus said so (c:

Jesus said there is neither Greek or Jew- slave or free man- male or female. THAT is the part that is most important.

I think God would also know that women of modern age (Our day) would fall very far down in how we treat men. Maybe it was a warning for us to not belittle them and drag them down with our female drama? Modern day treatment of men is embarrassing to me.

Also remember that God counsels men on how to treat their women-- he never said to harm them- He said love them and to treat them with respect ,gentleness.

Gotta' get ready for church now (c: Yes- I have grown INTO a church lady....I EVEN got THE shoes!

Thank You for you posts and kind tone in them
(((((Khatru)))))) Have a great day (c:

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to say it, the logical conclusions of your unending stupidity of atheism dictates that you believe all came from naught. Because without an Intelligent Designer or GOD, then you the atheist believes something, even the air accidentally and randomly appeared making the universe and people.

Not even a 5yr old is that stupid. And to doubt you believe that, well really is to deny you're atheist. Which you probably are a fraud.
And I dare you to use secular science, not ID, secular science to back your belief. Secular science, laughs at you. And I can supply many secular scientists that studies where people and planets come from, that would laugh in your face because of your unending stupidity. That's not ad hominem or an insult, I truly believe an atheist is the stupidest person on the planet. You can believe what you want to about the Christian.
And where did your god come from?

That is the only question I need ask to ruin your entire comment.
It was utterly stupid of you to make it.

See, atheists are so because there is no evidence for your god.
There is evidence for air.
There is no evidence for your god.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

God has always been. Where did you come from?
[QUOTE who="Lacez"]<quot ed text>
And where did your god come from?
That is the only question I need ask to ruin your entire comment.
It was utterly stupid of you to make it.
See, atheists are so because there is no evidence for your god.
There is evidence for air.
There is no evidence for your god.
and where did the air come from? poof! right? that's the logic of the atheist, poof! and there was air LOL.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You're repulsive.
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ...that should clear up any misconceptions the present gay crowd had as to where you [really] stand on homosexuality. Repulsed much?
You told on yourself Ians ...
.. RR's post to Lasez was repulsive. Turn it around a bit ..

.. Mrs. So&So swallows and takes it up the b ___..

.. it's sad when love is placed on such a level ..

TO ALL MOTHERS

&#9829; &#9829; &#9829; &#9829; HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY &#9829; &#9829; &#9829; &#9829;

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>First, I dont really care. I merely explained why it would be natural for someone to assume an atheist wouldnt have a spiritual experience based on accepted definitions of the word "spiritual".Secondly if it is possible then then you should be able to provide the definition you feel is applicable and show what dictionary defines it as such. If your argument is you can make up your own definitions for words then I will concede under those circumstances you can claim anything you wish. I could claim I drove a paper plate to work. But since it is customary for people to use accepted definitions of words when conversing with one another I am not sure your point. I know in a courtroom you wouldnt use such a practice as making up your own definitions so why do it when it comes to this?
If you don't care, OK.

But believers don't own spirituality, period.

If you think you do, show me why and don't just vaguely refer to "accepted definitions."

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Sure. I'll supply a meaning of the word, contained within the definition that applies to every single person on the face of the earth.
No boundaries.
<quoted text> It won't require a redefinition of the word at all, however, it will require clarification of the word,*spiritual*, and what that definition encompasses.
Adjective: spiritual spi-ri-choo-ul
1. Concerned with sacred matters, religion or the church
"lords temporal and spiritual"; "spiritual leaders";
- religious
2. Concerned with or affecting the spirit or soul
"a spiritual approach to life"; "spiritual fulfilment";
- unearthly
3. Lacking material body, form or substance
"spiritual beings"; "the vital transcendental soul belonging to the spiritual realm"
4. Resembling or characteristic of a phantom
"spiritual tappings at a seance";
- apparitional, ghostlike, ghostly, phantasmal, spectral
http://www.wordwebonline.com/search.pl...
We can look at the #1 definition given, and it states, or suggests, that the word *spiritual* isn't a concept exclusive to religion. It uses the word *sacred* and that's before "religion or the church" is mentioned(a minor detail, but detail nonetheless). Lets look at the word *sacred*.
Adjective: sacred sey-krid
1.Concerned with religion or religious purposes
"sacred texts"; "sacred rites"; "sacred music"
2.Worthy of respect or dedication
"saw motherhood as woman's sacred calling"
3.Made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious ceremony or use
"the sacred mosque"; "sacred elephants"; "sacred bread and wine";
- consecrated, sanctified
4.Worthy of religious veneration
"the sacred name of Jesus";
- hallowed
5.(often followed by 'to') devoted exclusively to a single use, purpose or person
"a fund sacred to charity"; "a morning hour sacred to study"; "a private office sacred to the President"
http://www.wordwebonline.com/search.pl...
The #2 definition of *sacred* applies here, relates directly to spiritual, and also, again, does not imply or mandate an exclusive religious/deity specific use.
So, when we look at *spiritual* and understand what that definition utilizes as descriptors in defining the word *spiritual*, it's easy to see it encompasses a wide range of meaning, and is not a word that only those of religious/deity beliefs can claim to possess.
The word *spiritual* belongs to all humans, regardless if they have a religious/deity belief, or not. Nontheist or theist.
No boundaries.
Please notice I didn't have to redefine the word at all - and I could go more in depth - but what was pointed out is sufficient. There are other descriptors that further enhance and point to the fact that *spiritual* is not confined to a religious context. I only clarified, and there are other uses of the word *spiritual* that I didn't cover here.
<quoted text> I did use recognized definitions of the word. I merely clarified the scope of what that word encompasses.
I understand why Serah, felt as she did, and you(since you asked for the explanation/definition) as well.
The word *spiritual* is is narrowly restricted in religious tradition and claimed to be sole property of those with religious or deity beliefs. Religion has hijacked the word and will assert that *spiritual* can only be utilized or experienced by people with religious or deity beliefs.
As if *spiritual* is categorically and absolutely denied to people who don't have religious/deity beliefs.
That's not the case.
Hope that helps.
Thanks. For my part, I prefer not to engage Skom, who has an obsessive nature, in wordsmithing and parsing dictionary definitions.

I would prefer to describe to him spiritual experiences I have had, without the need of religion or deities.

I elect not to accept his rules of engagement.

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Lol...i guess even a pretend doctor understands how relapse works! Congrats, thats the first medical thing you have gotten right since coming to this thread! But you must really be senile if you still dont remember my incarceration wasnt drug related! Why are u getting so worked up? And whats that smell? You just soiled yourself didnt you?
http://www.12steps4recovery.com/principles-be...

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Christians won't get to define spiritual in dictionaries for much longer. We're already starting to redefine the word. Dictionaries, which are descriptive and not prescriptive - that is, they tell how words are being used, not how they must or ought to be used - and lag ten or twenty years behind actual usage.
I'll define spirituality for you
For starters, disabuse yourself of your Christian notions for a moment. Spirituality has nothing to do with spirits - holy or otherwise. It is a psychological experience, and a way of looking at nature.
The sense of spirituality, like all conscious sensations, is the result of a neuropsychological faculty distributed through the brain and capable of producing a certain type of phenomenal experience. Like all other such faculties, it is naturalistic in origin - and a gift of evolution.
This sense of spirituality is a rich and robust experience - part sense of mystery, part a sense of awe, part a sense of connection, and part a sense of gratitude. It is a wonderful feeling, and its expression and experience should be nurtured for its own sake.
But it shouldn't be misinterpreted, as it so often is. One is only experiencing one's own mind, not ghosts. It's an internally generated feeling, just like the experiences of lust, humor, beauty, goodness, or value. The sense of spirituality is as natural as any of those, and like them, is merely another adaptation in man, one that makes life better when we partake of it.
As usual, your priests have mangled this matter, and sucked the life out of it. For you, spirituality is believing in spirits, ghosts and angels, and dreaming of some nonexistent realm after death.
For me, spirituality is the breathtaking realizations that arises from a sense of connectedness with existence. This is my world, my planet, and my species. Science has shown us so much about our connectedness to all life and all matter.
How can you call Christianity spiritual when it teaches that man is fallen, that animals are soulless meat bags under our dominion, and that the earth is not expendable?
If you're a Christian, you have been taught to believe those things, following which you couldn't possibly have a sense of what I call spirituality.
Thanks. Skom wants to rely on words in a book. Sound familiar?

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're repulsive.
<quoted text>
.. RR's post to Lasez was repulsive. Turn it around a bit ..
.. Mrs. So&So swallows and takes it up the b ___..
.. it's sad when love is placed on such a level ..
TO ALL MOTHERS
&#9829; &#9829; &#9829; &#9829; HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY &#9829; &#9829; &#9829; &#9829;
Happy Mother's Day to you!

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>First, I dont really care. I merely explained why it would be natural for someone to assume an atheist wouldnt have a spiritual experience based on accepted definitions of the word "spiritual".Secondly if it is possible then then you should be able to provide the definition you feel is applicable and show what dictionary defines it as such. If your argument is you can make up your own definitions for words then I will concede under those circumstances you can claim anything you wish. I could claim I drove a paper plate to work. But since it is customary for people to use accepted definitions of words when conversing with one another I am not sure your point. I know in a courtroom you wouldnt use such a practice as making up your own definitions so why do it when it comes to this?
"A broad, inclusive definition is: spirituality is that which gives meaning to one's life and draws one to transcend oneself. Spirituality is a broader concept than religion, although that is one expression of spirituality."

http://notes.utk.edu/bio/unistudy.nsf/935c0d8...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
And you are living proof of what you say.
Yes, I am. And so are you.

Incidentally, you have yet to write a post of any substance to me. Perhaps you have never written one to anybody - I wouldn't know.

I have yet to see one with a statement of fact, a reasoned argument, or an instructive link. All I see are your angry opinions about how you don't like or approve of me.

Good.

And I'll tell you why: it means my arguments are hitting home. You see the merit in them, and feel threatened by them.

My arguments agitate you not just because they are insulting, but because they are credible. You don't react to Dr. Shrink, and he is as offensive as a fart in the nostrils. Neither do I.

The difference? Shrinkage is not credible. His posting is clownish. That is why neither of us take him seriously, and neither of us are offended. Almost nobody is.

But I make you see red and in double. And all you can do about it is fire of a series of short, unflattering, content-free posts in retaliation - an expression of your rage and impotence.

Try not to burst an aneurysm. Drooling is not flattering to anybody.

Now go pray for your fruits of the spirit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 511,421 - 511,440 of598,752
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

568 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min dr Shrink 38,405
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min lightbeamrider 716,526
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 36,396
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Liam 530,009
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 10 min dr Shrink 32,904
Teach your children to be LEERY of strangers 10 min Doctor REALITY 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min scirocco 114,623
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Charlie Sheen 255,699
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min CunningLinguist 223,194
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••