Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#533216 May 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a few actually
But nothing I expect you would believe
You have been here long enough to read the testimony and experiences of many posters, including myself, and still reject even the possibility God exists. I have no reason to believe sharing more experiences with you will make a difference and your mind is made up and your heart is hardened.
There are some subjects I don't get into a lot of detail with, depending on the poster, as I feel it cheapens the subject itself. For me to explain faith and God and why I am confident in the existence of God to someone I know won't change their mind is pointless. And while I am not adverse to having exchanges at times that are unlikely to produce anything productive, certain exchanges such as why God exists, in such circumstances, won't be among them. To preach of God to someone without the ears to hear is something I don't do
The question is not whether "God" exists, but whether your God, as defined in your God-concept exists. An independent mind understands that the Christian God-concept is an artificial construction that makes no sense until one is so heavily indoctrinated it feels natural.

That is why it was made into a dogma to prevent people from criticizing it. And why Christianity is not a viable philosophy but relies on belief.

Christians project positive experiences on their belief and thus think it is proof. But any other belief about God could have been used for that purpose.

So what you have to prove is the Christian God-concept, not God. The Christian ideas are the most far-fetched of any religion.

For instance God came to earth to save human kind by letting himself be tortured and put to death? That only makes sense to sadomasochist soldiers that serve in the army. That is where Christianity was most freeely adopted, Roman slave soldiers.

The Jews and many other religions expected a saviour to save them from tyranny. Jesus did not free people from tyranny, neither spiritually nor physically. In fact it led to the worst spiritual repression the world has known and endless religious conflicts in which hundreds of millions of innocent people were killed for this God-concept, "in his name".

The Christian God-concept is belief, or rather make-belief. But it is constructed as a clever mental trap. Once people embrace it they can not get free as the belief entangles them in fear. God will eternally torture them, if they even consider leaving. It is a harmful mental program that if it were no religion would be regarded as a mental virus. But as Christians aggressively defend their belief, people have to free themselves from this prison.

Once free, people will testify that their mental health and happiness improves considerably. They can do that without losing God, but rather replace Christian ideas with more philosophically sound and mentally healthy ideas about God. But they have to do it themselves, Christianity like Islam offers no room for philosophical debate. It is a carefully constructed prison.

One of the cunning lies is to make it belief that rejecting the Christian God-concepts equals rejecting God. As if only this far-fetched concept is the only one possible and only one that can be possibly true. They burned people on the stakes until it was no longer contended. It is a religion based on repression both mentally and physically to create fear to reject it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#533217 May 12, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
This will have to be my last one for now. I have some other things to do.
Mostly what I see is tit for tat. You are this and here is why and you are that and here is why. Everything about your God is bad and everything about my God is good. Attack and defense. Though there is some, there is little " let us reason together" or "here is what I think, what do you think about this" Mostly "you are wrong and an idiot" or "I am right and you are the scum of the earth".
It is the Topix way. Attack, attack, attack. Do all that can be done to humiliate a person. And then have a good laugh at someone elses expense. But we don't have to choose that way. There is another way.
Have a good day mike.
You are absolutely correct.

Thanks!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#533219 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was sarcasm.
Look it up in a dictionary.
Sarcasm, comedy whatever the excuse of the day is. Its called hypocrisy. Call me if you or HL ever start to treat people you disagree with real tolerance or respect.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#533221 May 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
What you talking about? it don't matter if is the Abrahamic God or any other gods of any other religion. All things/creations came from GOD. not nothing, GOD. And God has always existed. There is no[before]God...
Ah, very interesting. So you then agree that it is irrelevant labeling a certain god just as long it is god.
Since this is the case then the Abramic god as creator is then in question.

Which now brings the term of 'god' to other possibilities of many other cultures.
Now one can say that Anu was the creator or perhaps some other deities.

So if the god of the Hebrews, yhwh, who is now in question as being the creator of the universe sheds a whole new different scenario of the bible Jesus being god and creator is now invalid. Thus then the notion of the christian belief that one must accept Jesus as messiah to escape an eternal inferno is also invalid.

Thank you so much.
It is now claritin clear...lol
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#533222 May 12, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Doc
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/034/c/...
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#533223 May 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
So be it.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vEfZk6XweY0/TRrsnvP...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#533224 May 12, 2013
Truths wrote:
A tribute to Our Mothers in Heaven~
All Say a prayer of THANKS for any
and ALL things mom taught you,
...all things YOU will pass on to others.
... Ladies If you HAVE children,
say a blessed prayer of THANKS
BECAUSE ~
YOU are THEIR mothers.
Men honor your women,
life means GIVING...
the next generation
traditions
~they will keep while LIVING.
Celebrate the memories,
the good times with our moms
...Say a prayer for peace of mind.
Peace of mind accomplished after a good cry
... if
That is what YOU need.
To NOT care would be worse,
to DENY how much WE CARED?!
LOVED ones are counting on us,
Give them what our mothers SHARED.
All things will happen ,
IN there OWN sweet season.
Our lives ARE to LIVE,
carry on with FAITH and REASON.
We go on and grieve,
I 'd not have it any other way,
Say a prayer of LOVE,
and SHARE your blessed DAY.
Thank you for posting this.
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#533225 May 12, 2013

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#533231 May 12, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarcasm, comedy whatever the excuse of the day is. Its called hypocrisy. Call me if you or HL ever start to treat people you disagree with real tolerance or respect.
OK

What's your number?
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#533233 May 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IG05rgdWH8YXX
You actually LISTEN to that stuff?? No wonder you act like you like your IQ is 'pee yew'.
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#533234 May 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IG05rgdWH8YXX
Here ya' go, Jethro, try this on for size: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#533240 May 12, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, very interesting. So you then agree that it is irrelevant labeling a certain god just as long it is god.
Since this is the case then the Abramic god as creator is then in question.
Which now brings the term of 'god' to other possibilities of many other cultures.
Now one can say that Anu was the creator or perhaps some other deities.
So if the god of the Hebrews, yhwh, who is now in question as being the creator of the universe sheds a whole new different scenario of the bible Jesus being god and creator is now invalid. Thus then the notion of the christian belief that one must accept Jesus as messiah to escape an eternal inferno is also invalid.
Thank you so much.
It is now claritin clear...lol
Isn't this obvious?

The monotheist God-concepts were created for political reasons, not by philosophers. Philosophers always liked to discuss about God. In the Old testament we find ideas of many philosophical schools. For the philosophers this what not a problem or even a contradiction, but rather different views on the same. It were always autocratic rulers that demanded a unified belief as to serve the nation. In Judaism this was done under King Hezekaya, In Christianity under Constantine and most clearly in Islam by Mohammed himself, who was both military and religious leader.

YHWH used to be a tribal God of the Kanaanites. They had foursome pantheon. The fatherGod (El), SonGod (JHWH), motherGod and daugtherGod, en lots of minor Gods called Elohim. Those were combined because the Persians imposed a Monotheistic-like religion on the Jews in exile. When they returned they treated their fellow Canaanites like a lesser people for not being converted.

Monotheistic religions are the result of dictatorially ruled empires. As the saying goes. Like heaven, like earth. So if the empire is ruled by a despot, so must heaven be! And as Rome was a slave society, Christianity imposes mental slavery. As the Roman slaves were kept in check by brutal repression, so their God does the same.

It has little to do with sound philosophical ideas on God, but everything with power politics.

The Christian ideas are not only unsound they are irrational and inhumane. Ask these same convinced Christians if they would defend their home and family with a gun, or rather let themselves be tortured and killed following their God and their answer is clear. Jesus tells the slaves to accept grave injustice, but no sane man will follow this unethical teaching.

So they say they are Christians, but they never follow Jesus words, they only want others (the flock) to follow it.

But this has little to do with God, whose nature if any remains a subject of philosophical debate among free thinking people. What monotheist call God is simply a make-belief.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#533241 May 12, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you lost my respect long ago ..

With Established Harem

#533242 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your number?
.. my favorite number ??..
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#533243 May 12, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my biz whacks 'n' all buuuuuuut... Maybe you could, mine is dead, so I cannot <3
Ohhh! Between you and Serah, I'm glad I went to see her now.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#533244 May 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. my favorite number ??..
Yes, and your favorite color for scarves.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#533247 May 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to this episode of "Blame Mankind First."
Today, we will posit the existence of a race of mortal men of limited power and influence, and of an omnipotent god that says that it loves them. Then we note that many of the people are starving despite this all-powerful, loving god.
Who shall we blame?
If we're Christian, we blame mankind, because we must NEVER EVER find fault with the god, however little it does to help.
I gather you are implying there is not enough food to feed all the people in the world? Welcome to the episode of "Looking through closed eyes"

With Established Harem

#533248 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and your favorite color for scarves.
FAVORITE NUMBER

FAVORITE SCARF COLOR

http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-pride-scarf-gay...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#533249 May 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. fair enough. How do you suggest we refer to the Christians who regularly 'pile-on' and insult ??..
Reference the posting and the person...... just like any judge would judge.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#533250 May 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
whats that smell?
Get your finger out of your nose, Dimwit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min Toby 106,545
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min LAWEST100 654,101
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min Joe Fortuna 64,099
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min The Hangman 973,835
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min Ricky F 183,179
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 29 min gundee123 823
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 33 min WasteWater 2,587
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 281,882
More from around the web