Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#533231 May 12, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarcasm, comedy whatever the excuse of the day is. Its called hypocrisy. Call me if you or HL ever start to treat people you disagree with real tolerance or respect.
OK

What's your number?
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#533233 May 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IG05rgdWH8YXX
You actually LISTEN to that stuff?? No wonder you act like you like your IQ is 'pee yew'.
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#533234 May 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IG05rgdWH8YXX
Here ya' go, Jethro, try this on for size: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#533240 May 12, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, very interesting. So you then agree that it is irrelevant labeling a certain god just as long it is god.
Since this is the case then the Abramic god as creator is then in question.
Which now brings the term of 'god' to other possibilities of many other cultures.
Now one can say that Anu was the creator or perhaps some other deities.
So if the god of the Hebrews, yhwh, who is now in question as being the creator of the universe sheds a whole new different scenario of the bible Jesus being god and creator is now invalid. Thus then the notion of the christian belief that one must accept Jesus as messiah to escape an eternal inferno is also invalid.
Thank you so much.
It is now claritin clear...lol
Isn't this obvious?

The monotheist God-concepts were created for political reasons, not by philosophers. Philosophers always liked to discuss about God. In the Old testament we find ideas of many philosophical schools. For the philosophers this what not a problem or even a contradiction, but rather different views on the same. It were always autocratic rulers that demanded a unified belief as to serve the nation. In Judaism this was done under King Hezekaya, In Christianity under Constantine and most clearly in Islam by Mohammed himself, who was both military and religious leader.

YHWH used to be a tribal God of the Kanaanites. They had foursome pantheon. The fatherGod (El), SonGod (JHWH), motherGod and daugtherGod, en lots of minor Gods called Elohim. Those were combined because the Persians imposed a Monotheistic-like religion on the Jews in exile. When they returned they treated their fellow Canaanites like a lesser people for not being converted.

Monotheistic religions are the result of dictatorially ruled empires. As the saying goes. Like heaven, like earth. So if the empire is ruled by a despot, so must heaven be! And as Rome was a slave society, Christianity imposes mental slavery. As the Roman slaves were kept in check by brutal repression, so their God does the same.

It has little to do with sound philosophical ideas on God, but everything with power politics.

The Christian ideas are not only unsound they are irrational and inhumane. Ask these same convinced Christians if they would defend their home and family with a gun, or rather let themselves be tortured and killed following their God and their answer is clear. Jesus tells the slaves to accept grave injustice, but no sane man will follow this unethical teaching.

So they say they are Christians, but they never follow Jesus words, they only want others (the flock) to follow it.

But this has little to do with God, whose nature if any remains a subject of philosophical debate among free thinking people. What monotheist call God is simply a make-belief.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#533241 May 12, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarcasm, comedy whatever the excuse of the day is. Its called hypocrisy. Call me if you or HL ever start to treat people you disagree with real tolerance or respect.
.. you lost my respect long ago ..

With Established Harem

#533242 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your number?
.. my favorite number ??..
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#533243 May 12, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my biz whacks 'n' all buuuuuuut... Maybe you could, mine is dead, so I cannot <3
Ohhh! Between you and Serah, I'm glad I went to see her now.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#533244 May 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. my favorite number ??..
Yes, and your favorite color for scarves.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#533247 May 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to this episode of "Blame Mankind First."
Today, we will posit the existence of a race of mortal men of limited power and influence, and of an omnipotent god that says that it loves them. Then we note that many of the people are starving despite this all-powerful, loving god.
Who shall we blame?
If we're Christian, we blame mankind, because we must NEVER EVER find fault with the god, however little it does to help.
I gather you are implying there is not enough food to feed all the people in the world? Welcome to the episode of "Looking through closed eyes"

With Established Harem

#533248 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and your favorite color for scarves.
FAVORITE NUMBER

FAVORITE SCARF COLOR

http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-pride-scarf-gay...

#533249 May 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. fair enough. How do you suggest we refer to the Christians who regularly 'pile-on' and insult ??..
Reference the posting and the person...... just like any judge would judge.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#533250 May 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
whats that smell?
Get your finger out of your nose, Dimwit.

#533251 May 12, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Serah, there is no promise of tomorrow for any of us. I’m thankful to still have my Mother with me. I’m sorry about yours. You will have her some day my twin and friend. In the mean time she is at peace and , no worries, no tears.
((((Serah))))
HFN
Hey my Twin ~ nearly time for me to get ready for work, but we had a great day yesterday and very thankful to my Mother for giving me enough love to let our love continue on ~ and on :)

Blessings of love to each and all of us, it is indeed a grand emotion :)

(((SeRaH)))(((HFN)))

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#533253 May 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
FAVORITE NUMBER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =X024NEsDyC8XX
FAVORITE SCARF COLOR
http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-pride-scarf-gay...
I have decided that scarv is the proper new spelling.

Spread the word.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#533254 May 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
well...in fairness what evidence is there to support your statement that all people are born straight?
Well scientifically in some circles it has been said sexual orientation can be determined as early as 3 years old, it may be one of those things nobody is ever going to be able to prove one way or the other as far as if someone is born a certain way
But lacking specific proof, there are some questions I think people can ask themselves such as:
When they first felt attraction, was it involuntary or did they decide what sex to be attracted to?
Did people weigh out the pros and cons of being sexually involved with both sexes and make the wiser social choice for themselves or did they just follow their natural inclination?
Sure people for a variety of reasons can do things against their nature. People who are gay before accepting it may have tried to be straight. Someone in prison may decide the sexual release is more important than their natural orientation. Or a small minority of people may even be capable of going from one sex to the other or changing from gay to straight all together. There will always be exceptions to the rule
But IMO anyway, the general rule is people don't decide who they are attracted to, be it men or women or what type of men or women. It is just something inherent in their makeup
But my main point was to say neither side of this issue can state with a certainty. Which is why I look at it the same way I do abortion. We may never be able to prove scientifically 100% that life starts with conception. But for the fact that we can't say it doesn't either is why I would rather err on the side of caution. And if people may be born gay, then to discriminate against them for that to me would be wrong. personally I can't see why anyone would choose to be gay. I see no benefit to it. But how someone is born or who they are doesn't interest me in general that much anyway. My main concern is, are the hurting other people? If the answer is NO then they barely show up on my radar with all the other problems in society
I know i kind of jumped in here and added a lot which wasn't even part of the discussion. But for me it is all connected so I wanted to explain where i was coming from
(T) Peace
You were doing so well, then this:

"My main concern is, are the hurting other people? If the answer is NO then they barely show up on my radar with all the other problems in society"

Homosexuality isn't a problem.
Rosa Winkel

East Maitland, Australia

#533255 May 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you're only pretending to rest. now you don't have to pretend anymore that you're a asinine jackazz for using [pretending] on a internet billboard.
So...what r u doing on an internet billboard?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#533257 May 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you lost my respect long ago ..
Do not repay evil with evil.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#533258 May 12, 2013
Myrandy Cumgrove wrote:
If Jesus died for all our sins, didn't we all crucify him?
yes

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#533259 May 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Lol..."dr" Dementia is so desperate for any type of "win"
Your eye is hanging out, Dimwit. Need some duct tape?
Rosa Winkel

East Maitland, Australia

#533260 May 12, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the GPS coordinates of Sodom and Gomorrah?
If you don't know, it's OK. I'll check Google street view.
He knows. Our Adam goes cruising there often, like last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min kent 699,365
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 19 min Chilli J 71,544
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 29 min ROG 447,385
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr leprechaun are real 995,016
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 1 hr leprechaun are real 7
staceygstring 3 hr night machine 1
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 5 hr Joe Fortuna 76