Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#533127 May 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>God has always been. Where did you come from?[QUOTE]and where did the air come from? poof! right? that's the logic of the atheist, poof! and there was air LOL.
You just admitted that you think everything went "poof" too.
You say everything has to have a beginning yet you claim your god has no beginning.

You're destroying your own argument.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#533128 May 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
And GOD has provided enough food to feed us all ~ should we thank man(kind) for letting people starve.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Welcome to this episode of "Blame Mankind First." Today, we will posit the existence of a race of mortal men of limited power and influence, and of an omnipotent god that says that it loves them. Then we note that many of the people are starving despite this all-powerful, loving god. Who shall we blame? If we're Christian, we blame mankind, because we must NEVER EVER find fault with the god, however little it does to help.
hick-up wrote:
Interesting view point Ians ... However I am sure there are others besides Christians that are mature enough to accept responsibility for the actions & inadequacy's of the human race. It's too bad you can't number yourself among them.
Are you referring to the Blame Mankind First program? That has nothing to do with maturity or accepting responsibility. That is merely demeaning man to depict him as lost and hopeless, and in need of a savior.

Of course, it backfires when you blame mankind for failing to do something that the god could do more easily, more thoroughly, and immediately. When that is pointed out, then it becomes necessary to put ALL of the blame on men. What good is a savior that is immoral, indifferent, or impotent?

==========

This is another of your content-free posts. It is merely a ham-handed attempt to sneak in the suggestion that Christian misanthropy is a sign of maturity and responsibility rather than the manifestations of a deeply pessimistic ideology that I have been arguing that it is.

You provide no rebuttal to that claim. You merely insert an unsupported contradiction in a way that you hope won't be noticed.

Then I come along, shine light on what you are doing, EXPLAIN why I think that you are wrong and I am right, and await your schoolyard retorts.

This is why I call you impotent. You've got nothing but your frustration.

Montreal

#533129 May 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>"A broad, inclusive definition is: spirituality is that which gives meaning to one's life and draws one to transcend oneself. Spirituality is a broader concept than religion, although that is one expression of spirituality."

http://notes.utk.edu/bio/unistudy.nsf/935c0d8...
Yup, I'm spiritual, I don't have to believe in a god or follow a religion to be spiritual.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#533130 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Thanks. For my part, I prefer not to engage Skom, who has an obsessive nature, in wordsmithing and parsing dictionary definitions..
My pleasure, and I don't mind engaging Skom on that level.

If he'd actually looked up the word and read the definition, then understood what the word encompassed, he would have never made that request.

So, yeah, it becomes tedious and involved when it is explained, but the result, I think, is worth it.

And you know I don't necessarily expect Skom to derive anything from that explanation. But, who knows...
Catcher1 wrote:
I would prefer to describe to him spiritual experiences I have had, without the need of religion or deities.
I elect not to accept his rules of engagement.
I tend to agree, but, since the request was made of myself to clarify, I didn't mind doing that and showing just exactly why the word isn't the exclusive territory of the religious.

It belongs to everyone, no deity belief required.

Montreal

#533131 May 12, 2013
<quoted text>It aint necessarily so wrote, " Welcome to this episode of "Blame Mankind First." Today, we will posit the existence of a race of mortal men of limited power and influence, and of an omnipotent god that says that it loves them. Then we note that many of the people are starving despite this all-powerful, loving god. Who shall we blame? If we're Christian, we blame mankind, because we must NEVER EVER find fault with the god, however little it does to help. "

hick-up wrote, "Interesting view point Ians ... However I am sure there are others besides Christians that are mature enough to accept responsibility for the actions & inadequacy's of the human race. It's too bad you can't number yourself among them."

Are you referring to the Blame Mankind First program? That has nothing to do with maturity or accepting responsibility. That is merely demeaning man to depict him as lost and hopeless, and in need of a savior.

Of course, it backfires when you blame mankind for failing to do something that the god could do more easily, more thoroughly, and immediately. When that is pointed out, then it becomes necessary to put ALL of the blame on men. What good is a savior that is immoral, indifferent, or impotent?

==========

This is another of your content-free posts. It is merely a ham-handed attempt to sneak in the suggestion that Christian misanthropy is a sign of maturity and responsibility rather than the manifestations of a deeply pessimistic ideology that I have been arguing that it is.

You provide no rebuttal to that claim. You merely insert an unsupported contradiction in a way that you hope won't be noticed.

Then I come along, shine light on what you are doing, EXPLAIN why I think that you are wrong and I am right, and await your schoolyard retorts.

This is why I call you impotent. You've got nothing but your frustration.
I wonder, if I asked what people like Lawlest what they thought of the "correctional rape" happening in Africa, what would they answer?
I'm going to see.

Montreal

#533132 May 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
[Blah blah blah]
What is your opinion on "correctional rape"?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#533133 May 12, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You just admitted that you think everything went "poof" too.
You say everything has to have a beginning yet you claim your god has no beginning.
You're destroying your own argument.
Everything comes from God or an Intelligent designer. Without God, there is nothing. You believe everything went poof and it was, randomly and accidentally, and through random chaos and accidents, planets and people came forth.

That is what you believe as an [atheist]. now you see why the word 'stupid' and 'gullible' should be written across your forehead.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#533134 May 12, 2013
Greetings Everyone!
We say what we say or someone else says are "facts". Yet, we say we are always learning. Facts can not be proven as facts. Because we don't know it all. Things can seem to be facts because based on the information we have they are. But new information is discovered and those facts change. Therefore they are not really facts. Most all "facts" that are presented, have a counter set of "facts". Control the terms of the conversation and you control the conversation. Present "facts" according to your view. Attack the inteligence, or any other thing you can find to get those with an opposing view distracted with and you control the terms of the conversation. Not with great knowledge of a topic. But with indults and bulling tactics. This only makes you look inteligent to others who also rely on these tactics. It is not a search for truth. It is a search for making one feel better about themself by degrading others. And it is quite sad. It indicates an inferiority complex in a person who is trying to find self worth. But this aproach will not give self worth. It will only bring momentery satisfaction. It gets the mind off of ones true view of themself for a moment and then leaves one feeling more empty then before. It is much like the person who seeks love. They resort to lust. Always resorting to sexual relations or witty sexual comments to cover for their lack of love. You do have worth. It is in God. And you are loved. It too is in God. Both through Jesus Christ. It is not a physical thing. It is a spiritual thing. Which is where the need is. In the spirit. And the need can only be met, through the spirit. Just some of my thoughts on the matter.
Have a great day everyone :)
You are loved :)

B-man

Fennario

#533135 May 12, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
I've helped a mission in India where Christians have been put in jail for no other reason than being Christain.
You seem outraged. But that is just your sense of self-righteousness and entitlement speaking.

If you go to a place where you are forbidden to preach by law, and you disrespect that law and preach anyway, you belong in jail.

You, too. What were you doing there where you were unwanted? It sounds like you needed to be arrested as well.

I hear about missionaries being beheaded and I think, "What did you expect would happen if you went where you hated so much that they would behead you if you preached, and began preaching?"

The problem is that somebody filled their heads with nonsense about their cause being righteous and supported by a god. This is one of those places where you can suffer greatly from faith giving you a distorted understanding of reality. That understanding is your road map for wending through life. If it is inaccurate, you can suffer for that.

==========

Anyway, aren't you one of the religites that was crying about bigotry, persecution and intolerance at the hand of the unbelievers on this thread? We tolerate you even as we argue against your church. The people with the machetes and jailhouse keys not so much.

Fennario

#533136 May 12, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
what version of love is yours?
I posted it here: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#533137 May 12, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> If you can't rebut the posts made in response to your previous attempts, don't be angry and resort to insult.
Maybe you should pray.
I pray all the time. It's the best part of knowing YHWH Almighty through Jesus Christ.

But I'm not angry at you, because there is nothing to rebut. You write many words to cover the simple fact of your beliefs. And me stating that I believe an atheist is the most stupid person on Earth, I'm not angry. God calls you a fool. Not out of anger, but it is in essence what you are, a fool.

Fennario

#533138 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
If you're traveling at the speed of light, do your headlights work?
LOL. You need to use the high beams.

Fennario

#533139 May 12, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
all you've done since you first showed up to troll this thread is to spew your hatred, evil and vile towards any Christian that's stood up to you.
That crap doesn't work on any of us. I doubt anybody cares any more what you people call hatred.

How do you like them apples?

Fennario

#533140 May 12, 2013
You're repulsive.
hick-up wrote:
Well ...that should clear up any misconceptions the present gay crowd had as to where you [really] stand on homosexuality. Repulsed much? You told on yourself Ians ...
What?

I don't have a stand on homosexuality. It's a fact of nature, like areobic glycolysis.

What repulsed me was the Dimwit. I do have a stand on him. On his neck.

Fennario

#533141 May 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are a lawyer Catcher, something as basis as recognized definitions of words shouldnt be slmething you find so incredulous. If you think I am off-base then do what I suggested and use an online dictionary and post the defitions you feel apply to you.
Your mindscape is tiny and impoverished if you make statements like that.

Very little knowledge comes from dictionary definitions. They only orient you to the general category of thought, as when one recently let me know that a glen was a kind of valley and not a clearing in the woods.

But an understanding of what a glen was required deeper investigation. I had to compare and contrast it with similar items, like gullies, gorges and ravines, and to review photographs of all of them to begin to get a sense of what kinds of formations might be called glens.

We don't learn the nuances of robust ideas from an entry in Websters, and you won't learn about spirituality there, either.

Montreal

#533142 May 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Everything comes from God or an Intelligent designer. Without God, there is nothing. You believe everything went poof and it was, randomly and accidentally, and through random chaos and accidents, planets and people came forth.

That is what you believe as an [atheist]. now you see why the word 'stupid' and 'gullible' should be written across your forehead.
You belief everything was created by something that went "poof."
I never said I believe everything went "poof." I instead tell the truth; I don't know how everything started.

You're the one saying some magical being suddenly poofed into existence and everything was suddenly made.

Fennario

#533143 May 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You know the rules...your dementia and dishonesty isnt going to dictate looking up your old posts every time you want to deny what you said that everyone else remembers.
LOL. You are weak.
Skombolis wrote:
I guarantee you said most.
You guarantee? LOL. You just confided that you are unsure of your claims, Dimwit.
Skombolis wrote:
Go prove otherwise
You're such a loser.

Look at how little you have: unsupported claims of what you think I said backed by a demand that I prove that I never said it.

Fennario

#533144 May 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
you keep fantasizing about shoving things in my colon
What I said was, "You know the rules: stick it up your ass." That's something for you to do alone.

Or maybe you can look up your old cell mate.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#533145 May 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I pray all the time. It's the best part of knowing YHWH Almighty through Jesus Christ.
Yeah, just like the myths surrounding Zeus or Heracles, people can read those, and even believe in them, and they'll feel like the "know" them.

Your religious mythology is no different.
trifecta1 wrote:
But I'm not angry at you,
Sure you are.
trifecta1 wrote:
because there is nothing to rebut.
Sure there is. That you are unable to respond coherently and with a reasoned approach - but you do respond - indicates all you can respond with, is insults.

That is your attempt at rebuttal. Insults aren't rebuttals, and they always fail as a rebuttal. It's playground stuff. You're at the limits of your capabilities here, so you insult.
trifecta1 wrote:
You write many words to cover the simple fact of your beliefs.
No, I simply don't choose to respond using insult.

I actually do respond to the few points you bring up, and so far that's been > ID > and your erroneous statements concerning what you think I must believe if I don't believe in your deity creation mythology. So, yeah, actually addressing those points requires the use of words and not brief, simplistic insults. That is pretty much the depth of your capability it seems - brief, simplistic insults.
trifecta1 wrote:
And me stating that I believe an atheist is the most stupid person on Earth, I'm not angry.
Sure you are. Hence, the insults.
trifecta1 wrote:
God calls you a fool. Not out of anger, but it is in essence what you are, a fool.
No, you've gotten that from the book that your religious mythology originates from.

Your deity said nothing.

You've embraced the words of someone much like yourself, in that the author was unable to give a cogent or reasoned position concerning why he or she felt you should believe in that deity.

So he felt an insult would suffice as a response.

See?

Fennario

#533146 May 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
In other words, God is very much like many of us humans, blundering his way along, making lots of screw ups, and messing up even worse sometimes in trying to correct those screw ups, and then making some more, and going around the same circle again.

Kind of sounds like a bit of my life description, but adding in the mass killings, Floods, and other horrors, in attempts to hide or eradicate the mistakes. In my case I pretty much had to muddle my way through and make the best of the mess, sometimes re-adjusting my life goals to accommodate reality.
You seem to have done fine.

That god is not as good as you. You wouldn't drown the earth or torture most of humanity in fire forever, would you? Would you create sin, evil, hell and Satan if you knew you were doing it? And if you did so unintentionally, would you leave them there or remove them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Robert F 650,707
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 10 min ImFree2Choose 2,354
Gay/Bi men in Leeds 13 min Jay 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min ABC 56,310
snapchat name 55 min thekingfish1234 4
UK Phone Numbers for Fun 1 hr Hung_Stud999 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 182,977
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Hangman 971,889
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr NACKED TRUTH 45,001
More from around the web