“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#532848 May 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaaa... So, your deity is only felt by people who have faith that it exists, and if you have that faith, then the devil(I like the "debbil", since it seems more boo boo boogity!) taunts you because you have faith...
<quoted text> somethin' somethin' somethin'
You know quoting from the bible as a - "proof" - to legitimize your biblical belief(since that is where your belief originates) is like quoting from a Superman comic as a proof that Superman, is, indeed, faster than a speeding bullet.
<quoted text>I think it's more accurate to say that your faith supported theistic belief gives you the additional faith supported belief there is a devil(aka "the debbil!").
Yeah.
I can only assume you have not had any Spiritual experiences in your life, and accordingly, feel very sorry for you ~ yeah!!

#532850 May 11, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
No one thinks all Christians are a-holes.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone here knows that there are a hell of a lot more Christians that actually practice the teachings of Jesus (love), than there are those who practice hate (like Lawlest and Adam, pretending they're Christians).
I would hope that people can 'see' who we are by that which we write!

#532851 May 11, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd give the kids in Somalia my dinner, but it's a bit far away to reach. Plus, I might get blown up for trying.
:-(
Yes ~ the majority would feed the starving, but the minority run the world, because the majority are silent :(

#532852 May 11, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Serah,..thanks.
My postings are unless, they lack mystical powers, they for sure don't help you speak in some foreign tongue.
But you could be pleasant at least, or if you have nothing pleasant to say, maybe find a quote from someone who did write of pleasant things?

***“If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new”

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/with/keyword/ple... ***

#532853 May 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:.. this is a good example of the 'piling on' done by Christians in this forum ..
<quoted text>
.. mmmmuhhh. Another migraine? As a rule, you do not pile-on ..
Yes ~ another migraine..... but I took 2 pain killers when I should have only taken 1, and not being used to them, pretty sure they had an effect.

I am a Christian, HL, so when you state "done by Christians" you are including me.

#532854 May 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. did you want me to assume the position ??..
I want you to be nice :)

#532855 May 11, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Serah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RidoiJ2NZLYXX
This is what I wear all day long. Adidas with Jeans
I will be wearing jeans today as I traipse around the cemetery, but will be wearing Fila runners - taking the Adidas with me though, so that I can take off the runners which no doubt, will be filled with mud. The cemetery I am heading off to is out in the bush, and is very countrified. Amazed at how excited I feel about going visiting my Spiritual Ancestors..... an adrenalin rush, so to speak!!

#532856 May 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. is Sereh trying to come between us ??..
.. do you think she wants the HL or Alice experience ??..
When I was about 15, my best friend at the time introduced me to her friend, who was a lesbian. I didn't care about her being a lesbian, she was the first one I knew, but I did care that she would ring me at work and tell me that she loved me, continually, and make passes at me. I gave her up as a friend..... she did not respect my heterosexuality. I am still friends though, with the friend that introduced us, and have known her for 43 years. I can assure you, I do not want the HL or Alice experience, if you are referring to anything sexual.

#532857 May 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering just whose purpose would that be and more to the point, what exactly is it?
Does this purpose entail being respectful to your fellow humans no matter their gender, race, sexual orientation or religion?
Does it promote equality and fairness for all?
<quoted text>
I agree that there are evil people and there are good people. Evil per se, is not a force of nature.
<quoted text>
Ah, so he's not omniscient; because if he was, he would have known about this and never let it happen in the first place.
Looks like his plan failed so he decided to kill pretty much everyone and start again. I guess he's not omnipotent either.
<quoted text>
You're one of these people who believes humanity is not in control of its own destiny and is beset from cradle to grave by angels and demons?
Don't worry though as Christianity can't claim sole ownership of this idea - other religions can be just a silly.
<quoted text>
Is this recommending meekness?
Or is it just saying "Don't worry if you're meek because God won't forget you - in fact he will give you the earth".?
Ah well, perhaps Christians should remember this divine encouragement to meekness the next time they sing "Onward Christian soldiers marching as to war" - that's really meek.
<quoted text>
Yet hunger kills more people every year than AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined. Looks like whatever those good things are that he fills the hungry with aren't very effective.
There is enough food to feed the people ~ it is man(kind) that let others starve.....
Doctor REALITY

Wynne, AR

#532858 May 11, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://politix.topix.com/homep age/5825-is-non-interventionis m-a-realistic-foreign-policy-f or-the-u-s The REALITY is that America probably shouldn't have to save muslim/islamic societies from themselves every time the tyranny of their godless leaders reaches it's zenith. But the REAL issue is that America, and every nation that knows they are ACCOUNTABLE TO ALMIGHTY GOD,'MUST' confront and overthrow the evil in our world. The evil that shows NO REGARD for the innocent. And many innocents around the world have no one else to turn to except the most powerful nations on earth that stand for the good of humanity! We know the destiny of evil, unrepentant criminals, and tyrants, when they give an account before the Lord on Judgement Day, but the Lord commands that the powers of righteousness confront and overthrow those in the world who have blindly aligned themselves with Satan the devil and his spiritual works! When will Russia convince themselves that it's in the best interest of their nation, the middle east, and the world,for them to distance themselves from the desperate tyrant of Syria??! So, yes, America should at least attack Assad's homes, installations, and strategic locations the way it attacked and flushed out Saddam. America, will Israel, Almighty God's chosen nation,have to go it alone?! they have PROVEN they are not afraid to confront Assad. Did America invade Afghanistan because it REALLY cared about the people of Afghanistan.....or was it only because America was steaming mad over September 11th,and because it only had it's own interests in mind?? If people suspect that it was the latter,prove the innocents of Syria wrong, America.
Just keepin' it R-E-A-L.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#532859 May 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I made the mistake of believing we could have an earnest discussion relating to the topic.
That avenue has been sealed by prejudice.
That's the last I have to say about it.
.. most born-again Christians won't touch the Gnostic Gospels with a ten-foot pole ..

.. although Harvard scholar Dr. Richard Valantasis (Phd. in Historical Theology, Church History, New Testament & Christian Origins) dates GoThomas between 100–110 AD, Trifecta said it's was written between 175-200 AD ..

.. that settles it, there's nothing left to debate ..

With Established Harem

#532861 May 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff redefined "bone appetit" for us.
I had an idea for a hunter's tee shirt. What do you think:
"It's OK to kill it if as long as you eat it" - Jeffrey D.
.. that's awful ..

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#532865 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm very glad that you did, and that you let me know.
You probably know that I'm a huge fan of words, and that I make lists of uncommon but related words, and of words with similar but different meanings. A thesaurus is helpful for that. "Opprobrium" is on this one:
[1] Animadversion - an unfavorable or censorious comment, or the act of criticizing.
[2] Aspersion - a damaging or derogatory remark, or the act of slandering.
[3] Calumny - false and malicious statement designed to injure a reputation
[4] Castigate - criticize or punish someone severely.
[5] Censure - strong or vehement expression of disapproval
[6] Contemn - treat or regard with contempt.
[7] Contumely - insolent or insulting language or treatment.
[8] Defamation - unjustified injury of the reputation of another, as by slander or libel; calumny
[9] Derogate – disparage, belittle
[10] Ignominy - disgrace; dishonor; public contempt, shameful or dishonorable quality or
[11] Impugn - question the truthfulness or validity of a statement.
[12] Invective - vehement denunciation, vituperation, an insulting or abusive word or expression
[13] Obloquy - censure, blame, or abusive language, especially by numerous persons, the bad repute resulting from it
[|4] Opprobrium – harsh criticism or censure, or the disgrace resulting from a shameful act.
[15] Oppugn - oppose with argument; criticize adversely; call in question
[16] Pejorative – disparaging or belittling.
[17] Reproach - find fault with; blame; censure, upbraid.
[18] Reprove - reprimand or censure someone.
[19] Upbraid - condemn or criticize severely.
[20] Vituperation - verbal abuse or castigation; violent denunciation or condemnation.
There! Now you know all twenty, and what might be a good habit to develop if you're so inclined.
Here's one I assembled recently. I wanted to know what the Spanish word cañada meant, and the translator said "glen." Well, what the hell is one of those? I thought that is was a clearing in the woods. Nope. It's a kind of valley. That led to this list of valley words:
[1] Glen - a narrow, often deep valley.
[2] Vale - a valley (used in place names or as a poetic term): "the Vale of Glamorgan."
[3] Strath - a large valley, typically a river valley that is wide and shallow
[4] Dale - a valley, esp. a broad one.
[5] Mountain cove - a small valley, closed at one or both ends.
[6] Hollow - a small valley surrounded by mountains or ridges
Number six (6) is wrong ...that's hollar or holler because one hollers to his neighbor on the other side.
Ex.-Hey neighbor, ya got any shine?
Sure nuff, good ol mountain dew ...ya got any baccie?
[7] Coon (or combe or coombe)- a deep, narrow valley.
[8] Canyon - a deep gorge, typically one with a river flowing through it, as found in North America.
[9] Gorge - narrow valley between hills or mountains, typically with steep rocky walls and a stream running through it.
[10] Ravine - a deep, narrow gorge with steep sides.
[11] Gully - a water-worn ravine.
[12] Arroyo - a steep-sided gully cut by running water in an arid or semiarid region.
[13] Gulch - a narrow and steep-sided ravine marking the course of a fast stream.
To get a better sense of what these look like, you might search for them using Google image. For example, this is a gully:
http://eyeofthefish.org/wp-content/uploads/20...
This is called a ravine:
http://www.old-picture.com/europe/pictures/ra...
I'm not sure how a ravine is different from a gulch. Perhaps it's that it is narrower:
http://www.creationsafaris.com/photos/B052Buc...
Incidentally, the clearing in the forest was a glade.

With Established Harem

#532867 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>When one generalises Christians, then they include me. That is my point, Lacez, that we are individuals and should be treated as such!
.. sage counsel ..

With Established Harem

#532869 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Christian, HL, so when you state "done by Christians" you are including me.
.. fair enough. How do you suggest we refer to the Christians who regularly 'pile-on' and insult ??..

With Established Harem

#532870 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I want you to be nice :)
.. if you'd like, I can be very nice. Just ask Alice ..

With Established Harem

#532874 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>When I was about 15, my best friend at the time introduced me to her friend, who was a lesbian. I didn't care about her being a lesbian, she was the first one I knew, but I did care that she would ring me at work and tell me that she loved me, continually, and make passes at me. I gave her up as a friend..... she did not respect my heterosexuality. I am still friends though, with the friend that introduced us, and have known her for 43 years. I can assure you, I do not want the HL or Alice experience, if you are referring to anything sexual.
.. sex, sex, sex !!, is that all you can think of? Why does anyone think the HL or Alice experience has anything to do with sex? Or, for that matter, what do scarves have to do with sex ??..

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#532875 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>
You should have asked me what I meant by not trusting the government. The "whole point of [my] comment" most definitely wasn't that government people lie.
You're a simple man, and it would behoove you to recognize that fact and modify your posting accordingly.
<quoted text>
That's more like it.
I still say you should wheel yourself into the pool.

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#532876 May 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. fair enough. How do you suggest we refer to the Christians who regularly 'pile-on' and insult ??..
Would it matter as to their gender?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#532877 May 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask Alice ..
I'll ask her when shes 10 feet tall..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min USA Born 555,053
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min Dave Nelson 765,092
San Diego Convention Center 27 min andet198 2
Side Effects of Hating Gays 27 min huff my jenkem 4
Stung By Scandals, GOP Proposes New Ethics Rules (Mar '06) 32 min andet198 10
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min Pegasus 263,611
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 40 min andet198 4,417
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 hr Ayyan 1,187
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 10 hr truth 932

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE