high end

Lansdowne, PA

#532746 May 11, 2013
Uidiotracemakeworldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>go back to satanic hell hole ! Ypu biggest fool of them all, you our obnoxious US war mongers who hide behind religion of Xtain fundamentalism, that i don;t even what to associate with just like Bush & co been tried for war crimes agaisnt humanity, you not far off, sooner of later you will fall into hell hole... your own demise The world is waken up .
The rock is mount Everest that enjoy sight of! Enjoy your hell hole! WBHAHAHAHAHA
dr. Shrink, is this you??

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#532748 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't care if gays marry or not, it's irrelevant to me. I wouldn't promote it in any way NOR would I hinder it in any way. So stop with your judgemental, assumptive bullshit.
You reveal more of yourself than you apparently know. It's not hard to pass judgment on that comment. Watch: That was passive-aggressive mean spiritedness. And here's the rationale.

Are you really as indifferent as you think your words suggest?

I also don't care whether gays marry or not. But unlike you, I support the rights of gay couples to make that choice for themselves, meaning I favor law that supports that choice, and would speak out for and vote for such a law.

You're nothing like that. You won't help at all. I don't see indifference. I see mean spiritedness trying to pass as neutrality.

I would think that most people would either speak out or vote in favor of or against such a thing. Saying that you would do neither just doesn't ring as sincere.

That you don't see yourself this way in no way invalidates the opinion, nor makes it a guess or assumption. There is evidence for it.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#532749 May 11, 2013
Good day Khatru,
In all honesty I can't find much if anything here to argue with.
Khatru wrote:
Hi again. Yes, 26,000 is indeed, tens of thousands.
You make a valid point about how letting one person die from starvation being just as evil as letting 26,000 die.
Next time I'm faced with a believer who claims that Mao and Stalin were atheists who killed millions - I'll remind them that numbers are irrelevant and whether it's one or ten million - they are equally evil.
Religion or not appears to be irrelivant when applied to the killing scenerio. As I stated previously, it appears that humans enjoy committing genocide against it's own species. What to do?
Plenty, I'd say. Although thanks to the work of scientists we are managing to grow crops with chemical fertilisers thus feeding people where they would have died.
Science is most worthy of our respect. However strigent safeguards must be practiced. Here in Florida the use of fertilizers has had an adverse affect on our ecology in that the runoff has made it to our rivers and lakes where algie has flourished. This caused a signifigant drop in oxygen levels in water leading to not only fish kills, but also the aquatic vegitation. In effect it nearly killed many of our rivers and lakes. I'm refering to the wetlands that were not purposely drained to be converted into farmland. All this water eventually reaches the Atlantic and Gulf putting tremendous strain on our natural wildlife and seafood fisheries. Most of our coral is gone ...once home to a myriad of different species. Those that adapted and survived harbor unsafe levels of mercury and other toxins, making them hazardous to be consumed. This planet cannot, cannot, cannot survive without thriving oceans and supplies of fresh water.
Then there's Bob Geldof - a non believer who, according to the god of the Bible, is foolish, vile and abominable and does nothing of any good. Perhaps we should point this out to the millions of lives that Bob's actions helped to save.
The people who are helping out are just human beings - mere mortals who possess no magi powers.
Yet help they do. It takes great effort and often they have to fight the religious and superstitious when providing that help.
I am aware. Humans are resistant to change. It is what it is.
Then you have the god of the Bible. That omnipotent cosmic mega-being who can do absolutely anything. Nothing is too much trouble for him.
Except that is, for ending human suffering. He could provide enough food to end hunger, he could eradicate leukaemia, meningitis, cancer, etc - diseases that kill untold millions every year (including children). All this he could do with less effort than it takes you to blink.
Yet he fails to act.
Please forgive me in advance of what I am about to say.
Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be best for the earth as a whole if some type of plague or natural disaster were not to erradicate a large portion of the human population.
We use up our natural resources faster than they can be replaced. We waste to a level unprecedented. We mow down our forrests and jungles to create farmland ...and then we blanket the rich fertile soil with concrete and asphalt to accomidate suburban sprawl. It appears we can't win for losing.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#532750 May 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs dont help they just mask the symptoms.........
Hey Rider,:)
True.
HFN
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#532751 May 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Easy. The audience Paul was speaking to already knows of the virgin birth. All of Paul's writings were to churches. New churches that were started up by Peter and Paul, only about 2-5yrs after Jesus died. So everyone in those churches already knew about Jesus' death and resurrection and the virgin birth all of that. Why would Paul need to mention something that his audience already knew? if you just think a little bit writer you could come up with such a easy explanation yourself.
The audience knew about the VB and resurrection?
Not so!

paul mentions the resurrection ample of times but not once on the VB.

So why would Paul repeatedly talk about the resurrection and leave out the VB?
They both go hand in hand, yes?
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#532752 May 11, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad that you pulled through! Am I the other poster? <smile>
No...lol
I forgot who it was but the poster at times ended his lengthy post by sayin 'just ramblin on'.
:)
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#532753 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary had a little lamb;
it's fleece was white as snow.
Everywhere that Mary went,
the lamb was sure to go.
It followed her to school one day;
she tied it to the heater.
Every time it turned around,
it burnt it's little peter.
http://www.scoutscan.com/songs/m/msong017.htm...
lol

here's one for all:

mary had a little lamb, that's what she gets for sleeping in a barn.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#532754 May 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You mentioned the Exodus.
Modern archaeological methods are showing that the origins of the Hebrew/Judaic culture have multiple cultural origins. It isn't "bible&spade" archaeology. They are looking at the evidence objectively, as archaeologists.
A quote from Israel Finkelstein, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Finkelste... the director of the Institute of Archaeology at Tel Aviv University:
"Today more than 90% of scholars agree that there was no Exodus from Egypt, 80% feel that that the Conquest of the Land did not take place as described in the Bible, and about 50% agree that there was no powerful United Monarchy." - Professor Israel Finkelstein, The Bible Unearthed.
Christian archaeologist, William Dever writes:
"The overwhelming archaeological evidence today of largely indigenous origins for early Israel leaves no room for an exodus from Egypt or a 40-year pilgrimage through the Sinai wilderness."
William G. Dever, American archaeologist, specializing in the history of Israel and the Near East in Biblical times. Former Director of the Harvard Semitic Museum-Hebrew Union College.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_G._Dever
"This is what archaeologists have learned from their excavations in the Land of Israel: the Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not conquer the land in a military campaign and did not pass it on to the 12 tribes of Israel." Deconstructing the walls of Jericho - Ze'ev Herzog http://bit.ly/UJ7By <=.PDF
Ze’ev Herzog, Professor of archaeology at The Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures at Tel Aviv University specializing in social archaeology, ancient architecture and field archaeology.
"El was the chief god at Ugarit. Yet El is also the name of God used in many of the Psalms for Yahweh. Yet when one reads these Psalms and the Ugaritic texts one sees that the very attributes for which Yahweh is acclaimed are the same for which El is acclaimed. In fact, these Psalms were most likely originally Ugaritic or Phoenician hymns to El which were simply adopted by Israel" End quote
Smith, Mark S., The origins of biblical monotheism : Israel's polytheistic background and the Ugaritic texts
Mark Stratton, American professor and Biblical scholar who currently holds the Skirball Chair of Bible and Ancient Near Eastern Studies in the Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies at New York University.
"In the case of the Hebrews, the cult of Yah, or Yahu, or Yahweh, was simply a local worship sometimes aggrandised by the King, adopted and documentally imposed on the fictitious history of the nation long afterwards." M. Lang, Making of Religion, pp. 190-8.
I could list name after name after name of well educated, highly respected and competent scholars/archaeologists that are not following personal agendas. They are there to perform competent work.
They are considered to be at the top of their respective fields and perform actual scientific research. They attempt to legitimize the efforts of archaeology and other areas concerning the bible. They are not there to lie and discredit themselves.
They aren't "covering evidence up".
They're unearthing evidence that the parent religion, Judaism and its children religions are religions like any other, IE: Taken from a previously existing cultures mythological beliefs, adapted and embellished upon to fit the culture they evolve to support, and presented as truth.
When in fact, those "truths" are myth, with the origins of that myth taken from various other myths, and said to be their own in the final result.
ABRAHAMIC religions: "ripping off other religions since...well, SINCE WE CAN!"
Dam...this stuff is good.
Thanks.
Keep on ramblin on
:)

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#532755 May 11, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you needing food Hick-up?
Are you asking me out on a date?
~snicker~

Presently no, thank you. That was the past I was referring too. And it was my own fault ...wine, women, song; but I outgrew those days.

But the direction this country and this world is headed ...who knows what the future holds.

Thank you for thinking of me.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#532756 May 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supraventricular...
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/supraventricular...
<quoted text>
Your belief is as valid as any Christian's. It has as much evidentiary support.
Perhaps.
My pov was that miracles are not one sided.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#532757 May 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh - good song!

Fennario

#532758 May 11, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Some poster a time back brought up the KKK. No shock not a word about the Christians of the day that made a stand against that evil at a great cost.
It doesn't matter to the rest of us if a few of you are better than the majority. We care about how the majority behave. That's what we see, and what affects us.

The Klan was a Christian terrorist organization. Wherever it flourished, the majority of influential Christians in the region supported them.

Do you want us to respect Christianity because a few of you transcend it?

Fennario

#532759 May 11, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
We are very close to the Lord's return when confessed Christians don't think twice about looking the other way concerning sin.
You have been "looking the other way concerning sin" since at least the days of the Third Reich. That's what people like Happy Lesbo and I have been commenting on.

And Christians have been agitating people with that end times nonsense since Old Testament days when the Christians were promised that the end would come before their generation

In Mark 13, Jesus is said to have referred to of a tribulation wherein nation would rise against nation, false prophets would appear, earthquakes would appear, and the stars would fall from the sky. Then, Jesus allegedly said that he would return "in the clouds with great power and glory" and "that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done."

They were trying to agitate people with that end of the world stuff 2000 years ago, and you still are today. You personally are now.

Incidentally, that scripture counts as a failed prophecy and an unkept promise, like your fruits of the spirit that never materialized. Where were your patience, peace, kindness, gentility and self-control? I'd be in hell now if your command had power.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#532760 May 11, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rider,:)
True.
HFN
Hey HFN

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#532761 May 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
What would you think of a person who stood by and failed to save his child? You'd probably call that person evil or insane.
Yet there are Christians who (inspired by the Bible) do exactly that. The list of children who have suffered and died for want of medical treatment stands as testament to the lunacy of letting ancient superstition rule your life.
For shame! Such was the case just last week. A couple here in the USA failed to seek medical treatment for a child, allowing that child to sufficate to death with pneumonia. They were already on probation as this was the second time this couple allowed this to happen. They have seven more children.

And why aren't the people of this country outraged? Why isn't this on the news until someone takes action? Believe me when I tell you ...more news coverage was given to the professional basketball player that "came out". He even received a call from Prez Obama congratulating him for his courage. I believe our priorities are askew ...but my opinion counts for zilch.
Science is trying to educate people about contraception - it won't stop famine but it will certainly mean there's more food to go around.
However, the vast majority of the world's Christians are dead set against it and would rather people breed like animals and subsequently, die like animals.
I know.
Take the Philippines: A deeply religious Christian nation where the population growth is out of control. Thanks to Christianity you will find areas where condoms are only available via a prescription from your doctor. Obtaining them by other means is a criminal offence.
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manil...
I know.
The god of the Bible is one of many gods that people around the world believe in.
Many of us are well aware that we're not perfect and neither are we anything special. Unlike Christians who are so vain as to believe the entire universe was created just for them and that same creator being died for them too. Although I use the word "died" in its loosest possible sense.
Christianity claims absolute truths from the outset. You know that the vast majority of the world's Christians believe that people suffer because of the will of God and thereby that is their lot in life.
They are resistant to change and new knowledge and are quite happy to go on seeing the suffering in the world as being what their god wants.
I know ...even education is quenched.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#532762 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I wish you Christians would stop speaking about love. You know nothing about it.
IANs once again claims to know the mind of hundreds of millions of people he has never met

What does a hateful bigot know about love?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#532763 May 11, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you asking me out on a date?
~snicker~
Presently no, thank you. That was the past I was referring too. And it was my own fault ...wine, women, song; but I outgrew those days.
But the direction this country and this world is headed ...who knows what the future holds.
Thank you for thinking of me.
Welcome

Fennario

#532764 May 11, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
the battle in believers. One I have struggled with much to much. That is the battle of the flesh and spirit.
This is another way that your worldview keeps you agitated. You're not allowed to feel comfortable in your own skin. You are expected to view your own body as a type of a prison for you soul, one that debases it and drags it down. Flesh is a dirty word when a Christian uses it.
A non-believer doesn't have that struggle. They are not bound by that.
That's true. It's mo' bettah.

“It must be quite galling for religious people to see atheists like me going about their business without a shred of guilt or self-loathing, and not in the least inclined to pray or to do penance of any kind, and not in the slightest bit worried about any form of eternal punishment. I have to admit if I was religious I'd probably think to myself: "How come I've got all this weight on my shoulders while these bums are getting a free ride?" – Pat Condell
With insulting being the intention. As can be seen on this forum with all of the name calling.
I wouldn't say that it was your (collective) intention to insult us. I just think that those of you who initiate such activity have insufficient self-control.

Incidentally, isn't that one of the fruits of the spirit?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#532765 May 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey HFN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mj3I0YKplnIXX
Thank you for the song Rider. I like it and had not heard it in awhile.
HFN

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#532766 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>

Whatever that meant, getting a medical degree does not require any oath, just like getting married doesn't require marriage vows. It's a customary but optional nicety.
Whatever that meant? You don't know that medical schools traditional have their students take the oath when they finish their coursework?

Interesting
<quoted text>
Because I wasn't a Christian any longer by then, Dimwit. And even if I were, I still would have cut graduation.
That has nothing to do with the point. You spoke as if you didn't take the oath because of some personal objection to it because of it including deities. If you were still a Christian worshiping God that wouldn't make any sense. Yet now you claim it wouldn't have had anything to do with any moral objection but rather that you would have skipped graduation either way!

Change your stories much?

I think you skipped graduation because you didn't graduate! You would have known its customary to take the oath either way

What year did you become a doctor and how old were you? I got a hunch some of your stories over the Internet are not going match up. Or I should say more stories

BTW, all that nonsense a few month back about how you saying Christians don't need to feel bad about hurting people because they can ask the sky for forgiveness was really you just stating a technicality and not making a moral judgement on Christians who you now admit you condemn Christin Christian morality? Yeah, that's just one example of how you lie and you did so because at the time you were trying hard after you said bigoted things to do damage control.

You often lie and revise your own history to cover up your hate or protect your fragile ego. As people, we can do better than you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 809,422
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 573,968
I'm white but don't like white women? (Jan '10) 16 min Johnny 120
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 34 min An NFL Fan 176,087
Rapid Cash System 47 min avataro 1
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 1 hr End Times 1,624
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr copout 221,735
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 268,865
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr feces for jesus 97,882
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr Prabakaran 5,625
More from around the web