Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#532713 May 11, 2013
play time over.latters I gone junkin for the day.lol

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#532714 May 11, 2013
mike, I misread one of your comments. When I post scripture it is not letting others think for me. It is something that I read. And something I read cause me to think. And then I share what I read. Perhaps it will cause someone else to think. That is my intent. I can't speak for anyone else.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#532715 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I changed just a few words. Can you tell which ones they are, bigot?
Yes, I can tell.

How is being black like being a Christian? One is the result of genetics, has no bearing on the character of the individual, and is none of anybody's business, while the other is a choice with associated behaviors that are my business when they affect me and the people I care about.

Furthermore, my characterizations of how the collective of Christians appears does not mean that I think that every Christians is exactly like that. Perhaps you are referring to my characterization of German Christians in World War II, who I accused of moral laxity for sitting idly by while Hitler killed Jews in the name of their god. I don't think that every Christian was moral putty. Some famous counterexamples would belie that claim.

But that didn't help the Jews.

I generally speak about Christians collectively - often as "the church." It's an unflattering review. That doesn't make me a bigot. It makes me a critic.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#532716 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, somebody put mean judgit icons on a Bob Marley quote.
Somebody is in dire need of some Ganja mon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vdB-8eLEW8gXX
Drugs dont help they just mask the symptoms.........

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#532717 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki is open source. It's fluent. It may be the authority or it may not be depending on when you look at it. It usually is. It's the Internet. There are other sources but they're cumbersome. It's a weight thing.
;)
Hello Alice, and good morning/or whatever time of day it is where you are.
:) Good summation :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#532718 May 11, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
My posting of God's own scriptures regarding the behavior of Christians is to LeLe too- It is for ALL of us--- and is God's own word. How is it 'brow beating'?
God alone saw to it that these very basic rules of conduct made it into the book- every time any of us mock it's use as a tool of growth or it's use to help us remember.... it is a demial that His word matters. Thus showing the non believers that we don't even take God's word serious....yet we are expecting them to want TO know more.
Over the years here at topix---
New groups of non believers come in here and are accused of attacking- Each time---THEY point out that we do NOT behave as Christians should. Each time the non believers are attacked MORE for saying that....
Then they witness some Christians trying to remind other Christians of how we are supposed to behave...and they watch Christians deny that we have a moral code we should feel in our hearts... which we should be honoring.
I just don't get it.
His very word tells us we fight against principalities...not humans-
His word says to help others- due to our love for Him...and them.
Yet year after year
Christian people refuse to reflect and grow wiser in His word. Becomming the very humans driven by the negative principalities.
I have not witnessed but only a few posts- where it actually looks like Christians are trying to adhere--- and for His purpose and glory.
Not just you ((((((Scott)))))))- but so very many that just come in here for the thrill of battle I guess.
Good morning >>>>>Deb< <<<<<

I do understand the points that you are making here concerning Christian behavior being more in appliance with God's Word of conduct, but also too what you must understand is that while we aspire and strive to be more and more what the Lord Jesus would have us be IN Christ, we are still at this present time in the flesh, and so long as we are in this shell of flesh bone and blood, we are never going to be as 100% as we may ourselves would like to be, there is a spiritual warfare that is going on right now, and it is all we can do to hold on in these last and evil days, that is why the gift of the Holy Ghost is so essential to the believers salvation, because it is the staying power to keep us imbedded IN Christ Jesus, but again it is a spiritual battle that Christ has already garnered the victory on our behalf, he has already won it for us, but however..........it is up to us to latch on to that victory and claim it IN the Lord's name, and we do that by our adherence and daily life living unto his Holy Word via being empowered by the God's spirit.

But we are going to stumble a little here and there while we are walking on this Holy highway, no saint is truly as perfect as Christ commanded us to be because it is a steady on going process to be so, as I've heard our overseer challenge the congregation more than once that if anyone in here believe that they are so totally perfect in God and that there is no more room for improvement in you, then stand up and make it known and he guaranteed you that the spirit can search you and bring something out in your being and your life that you need to improve upon or repent from..........needless to say that no one stood up, lol.....which was very wise on everyone's part.

#532719 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you don't have faith, the Devil won't taunt you?
Guess what? The Devil doesn't taunt me.
There is still one space left in the Atheist Club. I'll hold your seat. Don't be late !!
Sounds like the safest place to be..........

#532720 May 11, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
He has no need to taunt you because he already has you right where he wants you, completely deceived, lost and under his control. And the saddest thing is you didn't have a clue it was happening. And with the mindset you have now unless you see the light he'll never have to worry about you. You'll just continue down the path he's got you on. And as long as that continues he has nothing to worry about at all where you're concerned. He'll just sit back (like he is with you now) and watch you walk right into his arms.
Sad, truly sad.
Isnt the saddest thing that God let him decieve her?
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#532721 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
It was obviously a weak joke, said the kid named River.
The importance of being Chubby.
:D

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532722 May 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Truths
I see you quote from Timothy.
Here's another one...
""I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.
11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."
1 Timothy 2:9-15
So there you have it. Being faithful and believing in God isn't enough for women to be saved.
They also need to have babies.
Otherwise they're damned.
He was writing to the people of a specific group which had problems in this area.

ps- I live this way anyways. The submission means different things than what we define it as. Putting God first -makes us behave in a manner which is God approved -

(c:

#532724 May 11, 2013
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning..........

Someday this wars gonna end........

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532725 May 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you Christians would stop speaking about love. You know nothing about it. How could you? You come from a tradition where you are told that ultimate love involves torturing somebody on a cross, and that a god that loves you might torture you forever. Love doesn't involve bleeding or screaming in agony.
You're pretty much disqualified from discussing love with people who know that it is the opposite of what you have been taught.
<quoted text>
That's what I mean about your perverted vision of love. You don't kill things to show love.
and yet again~ you blame me for what oothers have said-

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#532726 May 11, 2013
Continuation of post to Deb 'Truth'

I'm posting this way to avoid going over topix's 4000 character limit. But just to say that it may all the sense in the world to recognize that there is room for improvement in each and everyone of us who name the name of Christ, no one is exempt, that is why so many of us in the church often ask to come before the church after services to repent from something that we have done on the outside ( by doing this you are exposing the devil ) you don't have to go into any detail whatsoever of what it is that you have done, but by repenting before the church the pastor ask the congregation 'all who forgive him let it be known by a showing of the raising of your hands' and everyone will forgive you by raising their hands, sometimes here and there the pastor will make that offer and call for anyone who may want to do this.

Also to further illustrate how even the strongest of us in the spirit of Christ can be susceptible to the wiles of the devil if we are not careful, our overseer Bishop Tisdale told us that several years ago when he was somewhere taking care of some business, a man came into the place and recognized him from our television ministry, and when Bishop confirmed to the man who he was, the other man that he was dealing with said something nasty that he should not have to Bishop, Bishop said that he became angry and asked him 'why are you so all up into my business?' the man than shouted to Bishop......GET OUT OF HERE..... Bishop said he responded........AND WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO PUT ME OUT?.........in short, he almost got himself into a brawl over this, but he said that the spirit troubled him and did not allow him to have any peace within himself until he went back to that man and apologized, for which he did do, and it turned out that he later needed that same man to do him a favor, so you see if it can happen to a true man of God like that, it can happen with any of us as a preacher would have to be extra extra strong IN the Lord given the responsibilities that he is charged with.

Just last night one of our fellow believers on this thread was angered into telling someone to 'go to hell', and I understand his frustration as dealing with these unbelievers on a daily basis can wear one's patience down a little as we will say things occasionally that we do not always mean, but the poster did acknowledge that this constant back and forthing with them is becoming a little much for the flesh, and he said that he didn't really mean it as he doesn't want to see anyone go to hell.

But I guess my overall point to you in these posts are that we ALL are going to sway a little into frustration and anger from time to time, when we have the spirit we will adhere to the Word, but there are a few occasions where we will do the opposite as well because we are not perfect, and the Lord said two things that come to mind here, and that his spirit will not always strive with man in as much as he is also flesh, and that if that the Godly themselves will BARELY make it into the kingdom, where shall sinners and the ungodly appear.

Peace and Blessings my friend.(C:

#532727 May 11, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet again~ you blame me for what oothers have said-
Pigs on the Wing (Part One)

If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you,
We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain.
Wondering which of the buggars to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing.

Apparently your the buggar..........

Morning Deb!!!

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532728 May 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning >>>>>Deb< <<<<<
I do understand the points that you are making here concerning Christian behavior being more in appliance with God's Word of conduct, but also too what you must understand is that while we aspire and strive to be more and more what the Lord Jesus would have us be IN Christ, we are still at this present time in the flesh, and so long as we are in this shell of flesh bone and blood, we are never going to be as 100% as we may ourselves would like to be, there is a spiritual warfare that is going on right now, and it is all we can do to hold on in these last and evil days, that is why the gift of the Holy Ghost is so essential to the believers salvation, because it is the staying power to keep us imbedded IN Christ Jesus, but again it is a spiritual battle that Christ has already garnered the victory on our behalf, he has already won it for us, but however..........it is up to us to latch on to that victory and claim it IN the Lord's name, and we do that by our adherence and daily life living unto his Holy Word via being empowered by the God's spirit.
But we are going to stumble a little here and there while we are walking on this Holy highway, no saint is truly as perfect as Christ commanded us to be because it is a steady on going process to be so, as I've heard our overseer challenge the congregation more than once that if anyone in here believe that they are so totally perfect in God and that there is no more room for improvement in you, then stand up and make it known and he guaranteed you that the spirit can search you and bring something out in your being and your life that you need to improve upon or repent from..........needless to say that no one stood up, lol.....which was very wise on everyone's part.
(((((Scott))))))))

That is the type of post that represents Him.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#532729 May 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you need to get started asap.
The trouble is, I never know what to believe.

Take for example the quotes you post from Revelation:

How can I take it seriously when I know that you believe there are errors in Revelation?

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532730 May 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Deb!!!
(((((((Larry)))))))))
Good Morning !!
LOL

Nottingham, UK

#532731 May 11, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
He was writing to the people of a specific group which had problems in this area.
ps- I live this way anyways. The submission means different things than what we define it as. Putting God first -makes us behave in a manner which is God approved -
(c:
OK. So the instructions to women that belief in the divinity of Jesus was not enough to get them into heaven was only applicable to one particular geographical area?

I'd be interested to know where this area was and what information you have on the local birthrate in those far-off days.

After all, it's interesting to see the Bible say that there's something more important than faith.

Nottingham, UK

#532732 May 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Deb!!!
Oh - good song!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#532733 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So what Scar said is true:
"Yet you'll ignore the man-gods that came before your man-god, and assert your man-god is the only real one."
BTW, there is no Devil either.
How does those scriptures validate that what Scar said was true? did you read the part were the Lord said that 'before me there was NO God formed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is A Race War Brewing? 2 min yon 53
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 559,647
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 265,189
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 9 min WasteWater 5,112
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min WasteWater 96,747
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Aura Mytha 775,640
Most Topix Posters Are Douche Bags (May '09) 20 min d pantz 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr duststorm 441,786
More from around the web