Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 08

Medina, OH

#532817 May 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism? absolutely. It is infinite stupidity and unending infantile gullibility. That may explain why you're still one.
You're pretending, goofy.

Don't worry.

Christians do that a lot.

Medina, OH

#532818 May 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>not necessarily. The credibility of Jesus being the Son of God, is based mostly on the resurrection. Sure the vb is important, but the fact that Paul left it out of the audience he was talking to which was the churches, should not be a game changer to you.
Mary was mentioned in the Gospels. So is not like the virgin birth was ignored. Paul did not emphasize baptism either and Jesus was baptized. It was just a subject Paul did not think was important to what God was using him to say the the early church.
The earliest canonical texts are Paul's genuine letters.

Next to those comes Mark.

Odd: Neither Paul nor Mark's author mentioned the virgin birth.

It was an after thought.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#532819 May 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. fascinating. Isn't Trifecta a hoot ??..
I guess I made the mistake of believing we could have an earnest discussion relating to the topic.
That avenue has been sealed by prejudice.
That's the last I have to say about it.

Medina, OH

#532820 May 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>iyai!!..lol! oy! did I touch a rather sensitive area writer? I never see you write like this before.
But that not the issue, let me address your charges.
You're not an atheist. Congratulations. At least you don't have that heaven burden of Stupidity logging around with you everyday :)
But to your sources, why should you not dismiss them? The Jesus Seminary have been debunked and they should be ridicule based on their beliefs.
You say Thomas was written before Matthew Mark Luke and John. I showed you credible evidence that no, Thomas was written in the second AD around 175 to 200AD. Way after the canonized gospels were written.
Then I attacked your source the Jesus Seminar, because they believe none of Jesus' miracles can be naturally explained...oy!lol!lol.
So obviously they are atheists. Because if the Jesus seminar believe everything has to have a scientific explanation, then they must be atheist. Now I jumped to conclusions and claimed you are an atheist. That obviously was an error on my part and that was wrong.
But your conundrum is how can you believe a source writing about Jesus and early writings about Jesus, that don't even believe there is a supernatural or spiritual explanations to certain issues??
That why I say you have to dismiss the Jesus Seminar as your source.
Now bigoted and intolerant..you may have something on me there LOL. But I no want you to kiss my feet writer, especially if you is a man ~~grin
And how I being narrow minded? because I say is only through Jesus Christ one can get to YHWH Almighty? Jesus say that, not me writer. Don't get upset or angry with me, blame Yeshua, YHWH and the Ruack Hakodesh for your dilemma.
Incrrect.

Thomas continued to be added to in the second century.

It's earliest parts date to the first century, goofy.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#532821 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
opprobrium.
Awesome. I had to Google it.
I'm very glad that you did, and that you let me know.

You probably know that I'm a huge fan of words, and that I make lists of uncommon but related words, and of words with similar but different meanings. A thesaurus is helpful for that. "Opprobrium" is on this one:

[1] Animadversion - an unfavorable or censorious comment, or the act of criticizing.
[2] Aspersion - a damaging or derogatory remark, or the act of slandering.
[3] Calumny - false and malicious statement designed to injure a reputation
[4] Castigate - criticize or punish someone severely.
[5] Censure - strong or vehement expression of disapproval
[6] Contemn - treat or regard with contempt.
[7] Contumely - insolent or insulting language or treatment.
[8] Defamation - unjustified injury of the reputation of another, as by slander or libel; calumny
[9] Derogate – disparage, belittle
[10] Ignominy - disgrace; dishonor; public contempt, shameful or dishonorable quality or
[11] Impugn - question the truthfulness or validity of a statement.
[12] Invective - vehement denunciation, vituperation, an insulting or abusive word or expression
[13] Obloquy - censure, blame, or abusive language, especially by numerous persons, the bad repute resulting from it
[|4] Opprobrium – harsh criticism or censure, or the disgrace resulting from a shameful act.
[15] Oppugn - oppose with argument; criticize adversely; call in question
[16] Pejorative – disparaging or belittling.
[17] Reproach - find fault with; blame; censure, upbraid.
[18] Reprove - reprimand or censure someone.
[19] Upbraid - condemn or criticize severely.
[20] Vituperation - verbal abuse or castigation; violent denunciation or condemnation.

There! Now you know all twenty, and what might be a good habit to develop if you're so inclined.

Here's one I assembled recently. I wanted to know what the Spanish word cañada meant, and the translator said "glen." Well, what the hell is one of those? I thought that is was a clearing in the woods. Nope. It's a kind of valley. That led to this list of valley words:

[1] Glen - a narrow, often deep valley.
[2] Vale - a valley (used in place names or as a poetic term): "the Vale of Glamorgan."
[3] Strath - a large valley, typically a river valley that is wide and shallow
[4] Dale - a valley, esp. a broad one.
[5] Mountain cove - a small valley, closed at one or both ends.
[6] Hollow - a small valley surrounded by mountains or ridges
[7] Coon (or combe or coombe)- a deep, narrow valley.
[8] Canyon - a deep gorge, typically one with a river flowing through it, as found in North America.
[9] Gorge - narrow valley between hills or mountains, typically with steep rocky walls and a stream running through it.
[10] Ravine - a deep, narrow gorge with steep sides.
[11] Gully - a water-worn ravine.
[12] Arroyo - a steep-sided gully cut by running water in an arid or semiarid region.
[13] Gulch - a narrow and steep-sided ravine marking the course of a fast stream.

To get a better sense of what these look like, you might search for them using Google image. For example, this is a gully:
http://eyeofthefish.org/wp-content/uploads/20...

This is called a ravine:
http://www.old-picture.com/europe/pictures/ra...

I'm not sure how a ravine is different from a gulch. Perhaps it's that it is narrower:
http://www.creationsafaris.com/photos/B052Buc...

Incidentally, the clearing in the forest was a glade.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532822 May 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. So the instructions to women that belief in the divinity of Jesus was not enough to get them into heaven was only applicable to one particular geographical area?
I'd be interested to know where this area was and what information you have on the local birthrate in those far-off days.
After all, it's interesting to see the Bible say that there's something more important than faith.
Problems in the area----not as a geographical location---but an attitude of disruption and self glory.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532823 May 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh - good song!
I agree-

DOn't know 'bout burrying bones though~

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532824 May 11, 2013
burying ?

burrying,.....

Nope- def burying...

Fennario

#532825 May 11, 2013
Correction: the first link above is a gorge, not a gully.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532826 May 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy mudders day Deb!!!!!!!!!!
HEY!! Thanks (c:

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532827 May 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you Deb. Did you read my follow up post to you?
Yes I did -

I should have added- that THIS is the type of posting you did when you arrived here.

Yes- this place can take a toll on our testimony (c:

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532828 May 11, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
No...lol
I forgot who it was but the poster at times ended his lengthy post by sayin 'just ramblin on'.
:)
OH! Boooots? I like his ramblin'

He reminds me or a non Christian version of our lovely friend Ham- I WISH he was still with us- but that is a selfish thing to wish.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532829 May 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If so, your church needs extirpating.
extirpating ? THAT sounds scary (c:

Fennario

#532830 May 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
Hi again. Yes, 26,000 is indeed, tens of thousands.

You make a valid point about how letting one person die from starvation being just as evil as letting 26,000 die.

Next time I'm faced with a believer who claims that Mao and Stalin were atheists who killed millions - I'll remind them that numbers are irrelevant and whether it's one or ten million - they are equally evil.

Plenty, I'd say. Although thanks to the work of scientists we are managing to grow crops with chemical fertilisers thus feeding people where they would have died.

Then there's Bob Geldof - a non believer who, according to the god of the Bible, is foolish, vile and abominable and does nothing of any good. Perhaps we should point this out to the millions of lives that Bob's actions helped to save.

The people who are helping out are just human beings - mere mortals who possess no magi powers.

Yet help they do. It takes great effort and often they have to fight the religious and superstitious when providing that help.
Then you have the god of the Bible. That omnipotent cosmic mega-being who can do absolutely anything. Nothing is too much trouble for him.

Except that is, for ending human suffering. He could provide enough food to end hunger, he could eradicate leukaemia, meningitis, cancer, etc - diseases that kill untold millions every year (including children). All this he could do with less effort than it takes you to blink.

Yet he fails to act.

What would you think of a person who stood by and failed to save his child? You'd probably call that person evil or insane.
Yet there are Christians who (inspired by the Bible) do exactly that. The list of children who have suffered and died for want of medical treatment stands as testament to the lunacy of letting ancient superstition rule your life.

Science is trying to educate people about contraception - it won't stop famine but it will certainly mean there's more food to go around.

However, the vast majority of the world's Christians are dead set against it and would rather people breed like animals and subsequently, die like animals.

Take the Philippines: A deeply religious Christian nation where the population growth is out of control. Thanks to Christianity you will find areas where condoms are only available via a prescription from your doctor. Obtaining them by other means is a criminal offence.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manil...

The god of the Bible is one of many gods that people around the world believe in.

Many of us are well aware that we're not perfect and neither are we anything special. Unlike Christians who are so vain as to believe the entire universe was created just for them and that same creator being died for them too. Although I use the word "died" in its loosest possible sense.

Christianity claims absolute truths from the outset. You know that the vast majority of the world's Christians believe that people suffer because of the will of God and thereby that is their lot in life.

They are resistant to change and new knowledge and are quite happy to go on seeing the suffering in the world as being what their god wants.
Great post!

I have just one criticism: you forgot to give the glory to that indolent, AWOL god of the Christians, and to disparage mankind in the process.

Fennario

#532831 May 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. that's not what Jeffrey Dahmer thought ..
Jeff redefined "bone appetit" for us.

I had an idea for a hunter's tee shirt. What do you think:

"It's OK to kill it if as long as you eat it" - Jeffrey D.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#532833 May 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one with the "heaven burden of Stupidity", not I.
That word should be obviously 'heavy'. And any atheist has a tremendous heavy burden of utter stupidity.

Not only you believe the farcical [poof! out of thin air] your gullibility and stupidity is endless, because you believe even the [air]came from nowhere.

LOL.

Even scientists studying that area are laughing at your stunning buffoonery of ignorance.

Intelligent Design are for grownups. Give up your mythical infantile fairy tale call atheism and stop thinking like a diaper crap filled gullible 6 month old.

Fennario

#532834 May 11, 2013
hick-up wrote:
You don't trust the gov ...yet you use their stats, figures and records to make a point. I find that peculiar. The whole point of your comment was that gov people lie ...and the proof you offer is that other gov people said so.
You should have asked me what I meant by not trusting the government. The "whole point of [my] comment" most definitely wasn't that government people lie.

You're a simple man, and it would behoove you to recognize that fact and modify your posting accordingly.
hick-up wrote:
~hee-haw ...hee-haw ...hee-haw~
That's more like it.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#532835 May 11, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, thanks for this info.
Perhaps I received my info from biased jews.
Shame on me...lol
I wasn't aware that Terah had knowledge of the kaballah. Can you elaborate further on this?
Thanks.
Kabbalah was long after Terah. Terah resided in Nahar(beyond the river). Nahar and Naharsin (son) were "rulers" of this city. It was a center of magai(magick). Terah and his family(Abrum) were told to remain there(probably safety) as Naharsin was in heavy battle in the west.(Long story short)- Naharsin was killed in battle, the kingdom was in jeopardy, and Nahar was unsafe. They were then instructed to go to Canaan, but stopped for some time in Salem(now Jerusalem) where Terah died. Melchizedek(ruler)(magician) mentored Abrum. The battles of the 5 kingdoms was in this time, and Abrum was a major figure in it all. It is self evident that these inferences were the basis or effects contributing to the writings of Kabbalah.
Again--long story short.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#532836 May 11, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Incrrect.
Thomas continued to be added to in the second century.
It's earliest parts date to the first century, goofy.
Wrong. And the people of scholarly influence, which obviously [you] are not, disagrees with you.

Fennario

#532837 May 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
Looks like his plan failed so he decided to kill pretty much everyone and start again. I guess he's not omnipotent either.
Nor very smart.

Check out this hare-brained scheme: This god repopulated the earth a few of the failed models from the first attempt, and used them for breeding stock. His exemplar was found drunken and naked not long after the flood. http://www.ldolphin.org/canaan.html

Not surprisingly - at least not to you and me - the human race turned out exactly the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 32 min Quirky 27,020
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 985,753
Why are so many black people so FAT? (Jul '09) 5 hr juliakk 230
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 5 hr juliakk 67
make money online. free. easy to start. no cred... (Sep '15) 6 hr juliakk 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Anthony MN 685,932
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 7 hr Wake Up 2
More from around the web