I'm outta here....Gonna enjoy life

Laters

:-P

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#532638 May 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
he was in the flesh for 33 and a half years, thus he was both human and devine, both God and man, both father and son.
Both human and divine, God and man, and father and son? You reminded me of a joke:

A confused nine year old boy goes up to his mother and asks: "Is God male or female?"

After thinking for a moment, his mother responds: "Well, God is both male and female."

This confuses the little boy, so he asks: "Is God black or white?"

"Well, God is both black and white."

This further confuses the boy so he asks: "Is God gay or straight?"

The mother answers, "Honey, God is both gay and straight."

"Well then," the boy asks, "is god an adult or a child?"

The mother replies, "God is both adult and child."

At this, the boy's face lights up with understanding and he triumphantly asks, "Is God Michael Jackson?"

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532640 May 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =D_T0ZvwFtgQXX
"Quaalude fender" - as in - "that car has a quaalude fender", was a popular term when I was growing up.
Ah think it was probbly a Tuuesdey

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I've heard stories.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#532641 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Adam ~ let them get married; if they love each other, then GOD would understand their love; if they are lusting after each other, then GOD would understand their lust. If their actions are abhorrent, then so are the actions of many who are heterosexuals. Let us learn how to live in peace, that is of more importance than worrying about who has the right to marriage. If they do have children, though, I believe they should bring their children up to be heterosexual, but as we all know, children learn from the actions of their 'parents' and accordingly, are influenced by their behavior.

I would hope they give their children a chance at bearing their own children.....
Thank you for this post.
It looks like you were raised well.

Montreal

#532643 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>As a Christian, what insults have I given to Lacez? What first blood have I drawn?
She didn't say you insulted me at all, I think you misunderstood that part of her post. She's saying that there are a lot of people on this forum who threw insults my way and very few people, if any, who claim to be religious had "come to my aid" (if you wish to think of it that way).

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#532644 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
Faith there is no devil? The devil taunts those who have faith:
hahaaa... So, your deity is only felt by people who have faith that it exists, and if you have that faith, then the devil(I like the "debbil", since it seems more boo boo boogity!) taunts you because you have faith...
Serah wrote:
1 Timothy 4:4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
somethin' somethin' somethin'

You know quoting from the bible as a - "proof" - to legitimize your biblical belief(since that is where your belief originates) is like quoting from a Superman comic as a proof that Superman, is, indeed, faster than a speeding bullet.
Serah wrote:
So, no, your lack of faith gives you belief there is no devil.
I think it's more accurate to say that your faith supported theistic belief gives you the additional faith supported belief there is a devil(aka "the debbil!").

Yeah.

Fennario

#532645 May 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
it's best not to respond to them at all, before they make you say certain things to them
We make you say things? I guess that the accountability Christians are continually threatening unbelievers with doesn't apply to them.

LAWEST100 wrote:
telling them to go to hell may be a little over the top
Your buddy from Clearwater obviously didn't get his promised peace that passeth all understanding, nor his fruits of the spirit, especially the patience and self-control :
http://slapioneer.files.wordpress.com/2012/02... [image]

Why aren't broken promises from your god a red flag to you? If he broke that promise as well as the one to return "soon," why would you believe that you'll get heaven?

Montreal

#532646 May 11, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>All very true. I think you must have wrists of steel, Lacez.

Good on you.
I've lived with much verbal abuse my whole life. Ironically enough, it had nothing to do with my sexuality.
I've developed an immunity to it.

You should register, it'd be nice to send you PMs and chat behind the scenes.

Fennario

#532647 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You can't be implying that you know what happens in all churches, can you? For your information, NONE of the dozens of churches I've been to EVER got political.
The American church is highly politicized. That's the only legitimate objection unbelievers can have to it. Once it is no longer affecting unbelievers, it ceases to be a problem.

You should try to be more like the Druids. Druidism is a polite religion, and quite welcome to be whatever it is. Nobody but Druids care what Brigid thinks, and nobody but Druids would be happy if society were patterned after her preferences.

Think of Jesus that way. Jesus doesn't like gay marriage, but who cares except Christians? Nobody at all, that's who.

I wonder how Brigid feels about gay marriage?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You don't know that "9 civilians are killed". At least, you don't know if they are innocent civilians or civilian combatants.
And you don't seem to care, which was her implied point when she asked, "for every drone launched, 9 civilians are killed, only 1 enemy combatant. That's immoral. Why aren't Christians and their churches joining in prayer, in action, in protest to the robot killings of children?"

Montreal

#532648 May 11, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>IF you believe that LOVE exists,EVEN THOUGH we can NOT see it....
-- we can see man made outward signs of ACTS of supposed love--- BUT HOW can YOU or any of us explain it? We can't.
BUT we have FAITH that LOVE exists because we have experienced it.
In the same line of thought:
John 3:16F or God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world,
but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world,
but people loved darkness
instead of light
because
their deeds
were evil.
20Everyone who does evil hates the light,
and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
~*~
God offers a greater love than any we have here on earth-- to everyone.
How do we know love exists?
Are you seriously comparing that to the existence of a god?
If you were correct, then everyone would have the same god and we would all feel the existence of one.

I feel love, I know it's real because there at least one thing I love at any moment of any given day. I can love my mother, my fiancé, my father, my sister, my job, et cetera.

With your logic, you can ask how people know happiness exists. You can ask how people know anger exists. You can ask how people know sadness exists.
It's OBVIOUS through actions and tone of voice, as well as things like the tension in muscles. There are many scientific observations that confirm the existence of emotions.

On the other hand, there is no scientific evidence to point towards even the likelihood of the existence of a god.

Montreal

#532649 May 11, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>This may be an old one, but in the Bible they used to get stoned for comitting adultery. Modern women get stoned in order to commit adultery.
All the bible wants is for everyone to overdose.

Fennario

#532650 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
How do you know we aren't praying, taking action, writing their congressperson, protesting, making [drones] a public issue? How?
We know Christianity, and we know what kinds of people it generates. We know your (collective) values and priorities. We know what you care about, and what you don't care about.

For example, compare the numbers of posts in this thread from Christians complaining about gays or blasphemy with the number about unjust death. You express concern for American troops, but not the victims of the collateral damage they inflict. I've seen the bumper stickers.

That's how we know. We know you.

Montreal

#532651 May 11, 2013
Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>"I speak for the trees."
Are the oaks ignoring the pleas of the maples for more sunlight?

Montreal

#532652 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I am a Christian.... even though many say there are none in this forum, there are. Glad you think some Christians are good people, and perhaps we are all bigoted against a-holes.
No one thinks all Christians are a-holes.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone here knows that there are a hell of a lot more Christians that actually practice the teachings of Jesus (love), than there are those who practice hate (like Lawlest and Adam, pretending they're Christians).

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#532653 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah think it was probbly a Tuuesdey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BEDkNAuNCsQXX
I've heard stories.
Good song.

Many of those stories are true...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
(this album is excellent for a recent release)

Montreal

#532654 May 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>Still though, why should you have to expend such energy to defend your very being?
I shouldn't have to. I am not harming anyone, I am not affecting anyone's lives negatively, and it doesn't matter who I love to others here (or rather, shouldn't matter).
Though if I didn't and other people had the same mentality, who would?
If I don't, and another doesn't, and another doesn't, and another doesn't...then there who be no one defending our rights.
Le_le wrote:
When I stumbled upon this thread in early '08, I was in awe of the
like minded people I found here..
Not to many weeks went by- and Chris Clearwater posted to some
of his "friends" here- and I couldn't believe his and some others-
distain for the
homosexual community. I spoke out against him/ them- then-
5 years later, and I am still fighting the battle of equality..
makes me laugh they claim I am just new to defending equal rights
and who I am..
It's nice to hear that you've always respected the human condition and it's variance. It's nice to see that you've stood your ground as well and not let them push you around.
Every day, there are more people like you, who many would call "allies," as in allies to those who are gay and being trodden on.

I wouldn't say that though, I dislike the talking of "allies."
I would simply say that you are a person who respects the variety in life.
You are people who respect people, and that is an admirable quality that everyone should look up to.
Le_le wrote:
How's life for me??
Thanks for asking..
Busy. I am tired..Yet..so happy to see the sun every morning!
I feel you, I've been very busy at work with overtime.
Thankfully I have my weekends, or half of one today, so I can relax.
I'd like to send you PMs about it if that would be okay?
I don't want to release any personal information that might somehow be used against me in the future (I don't know how that could happen, but one never knows).
Le_le wrote:
-p.s. you handled the Canadian insuts very well..a true
gentleman you are.
-my mom is a Canadian, I spent every August of my youth in Canada..
My parents own a summer home there..
I'm surprised you noticed that.
Thank you for the compliment.
It's sad that people think they have something going for them when they insult nationalities. As if they didn't show hate towards enough already.

My parents have a summer home about an hours drive away with a private lake to its residents. We used to go there once in a while, but it's seems like there's less and less time to do so.

Fennario

#532655 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You think posting some ludicrous ideas on an Internet thread is "doing something"??
No.

I think that posting good ideas is doing something. Suggestions for a revised Constitution stimulates thought. It focuses on specific problems and offers specific solutions.

If you studied it, you would see that your problem has no hope of a solution by voting for a Democrat or Republican, and that your government isn't really yours any more.

My proposed Constitution embodies another message, an implied one: you'll never get the kinds of changes that it outlines, which are the kinds of things that you need to restore a healthy democracy. Those days are gone for good. And part of the reason is that people are largely ignorant of the real issues.

Your worst problem is lobbying. You can't have democracy in an environment where "voting" is done with dollars. The wealthy have the only vote in such a case, and you can see what they vote for: corporatocracy - government of, by and for the corporations - and aristocracy - special privileges for the wealthy. Your last president was clearly above the law. That should mean something to you.

And your news media are a failure. You also cannot have a healthy democracy with an ignorant and misinformed electorate.

Knowing those kinds of things is very helpful. It can help you to forecast the future and make choices that will be best for you and your family.

I don't know what else I can do for Americans - certainly nothing that requires living there.
Rosa Winkel

Byron Bay, Australia

#532656 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Who would name their kid Chubby?", asks River.
That was his stage name, his parents named him Ernest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chubby_Checker

Montreal

#532657 May 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan

trifecta1 wrote, "They dismiss any of the miracles of Jesus as just stories used to spark interest in Christ."

“What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." – Christopher Hitchens
More great quotes!

Montreal

#532658 May 11, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Another lie from Le Le. Ask my homosexual family member if I have "disdain" for him? Ask my wife. As long as I have breath and God allows me I will stand up for Jesus. He allows a person to change. You come on here and smear people in the name of God. Quite sad Le Le. I pity you.
Disdain:
Noun
The feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect; contempt.

It describes your feelings exactly.

You then turned and insulted LeLe.
You proved LeLe right and yourself as a liar in the same comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aerobatty 987,328
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min David S Pumpkins 286,565
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 14 min Aerobatty 31,112
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Robert F 687,316
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 1 hr may i suggest 2
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 4,316
Investigations of DCF in CT (Dec '08) 3 hr Always aware 91
More from around the web