Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#532494 May 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews for 1000 years before Jesus and 2000 after.
They are the people who wrote half of your Bible (OT).
I never thought I'd say this and it should be taken with a grain of salt(a boulder...). That's the more sensible half.

After all, even the Jewish people for the most part see it as the historical mythology of their culture.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#532495 May 10, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, tri, a question that all should hear.
It is accepted by all reputable biblical scholars that the letters of paul of tarsus were the first ones to be written.
Yet, Paul >never< mentions that Jesus was born of a virgin.
Do you have any explanation as to why not?
Easy. The audience Paul was speaking to already knows of the virgin birth. All of Paul's writings were to churches. New churches that were started up by Peter and Paul, only about 2-5yrs after Jesus died. So everyone in those churches already knew about Jesus' death and resurrection and the virgin birth all of that. Why would Paul need to mention something that his audience already knew? if you just think a little bit writer you could come up with such a easy explanation yourself.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532496 May 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Lawest Wrote:
Good morning Deb.... Le le is someone who have openly vilified both Que and myself for no other reason than our stance on God's Word which opposes the sinful beliefs and actions that some convey here on this thread, she claims Christ but yet stand in favor of things that the Word condemns and again stand against those who stand ON the Word and accuses us of hatred and trying to destroy others, she was one of the main people who spoke out against me personally when I first came to this thread several years ago, and over a misunderstanding that happened on another thread, but all that aside, her concern for "righteousness" of which you are trying to defend does not come from Godly love in the least.
You may want to step back and think it over and examine yourself as the Bible advises ALL believers to do, I pray over scripture all the time as the Lord has given me an excellent gift in rightly dividing his Word and understanding scripture, as God gives every man his particular ability, not all his mouthpieces ( not saying that i'm one, but speaking primarily of his chosen preachers behind the pulpit ) so it goes with different saints conveying different approaches to dealing with different people and matters at hand, but still inspired by Christ and his Word regardless, I see where both Skombolis and Red Apples have also approached you with this in the spirit of love, and despite how my response may be read to you, the same holds true here as well.
Blessings my friend.
My posting of God's own scriptures regarding the behavior of Christians is to LeLe too- It is for ALL of us--- and is God's own word. How is it 'brow beating'?
God alone saw to it that these very basic rules of conduct made it into the book- every time any of us mock it's use as a tool of growth or it's use to help us remember.... it is a demial that His word matters. Thus showing the non believers that we don't even take God's word serious....yet we are expecting them to want TO know more.
Over the years here at topix---
New groups of non believers come in here and are accused of attacking- Each time---THEY point out that we do NOT behave as Christians should. Each time the non believers are attacked MORE for saying that....
Then they witness some Christians trying to remind other Christians of how we are supposed to behave...and they watch Christians deny that we have a moral code we should feel in our hearts... which we should be honoring.
I just don't get it.
His very word tells us we fight against principalities...not humans-
His word says to help others- due to our love for Him...and them.
Yet year after year
Christian people refuse to reflect and grow wiser in His word. Becomming the very humans driven by the negative principalities.
I have not witnessed but only a few posts- where it actually looks like Christians are trying to adhere--- and for His purpose and glory.
Not just you ((((((Scott)))))))- but so very many that just come in here for the thrill of battle I guess.
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#532497 May 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I'm just speaking my mind here. I'm lucky to have lived in these times and not 30 or 40 years ago, or even further than that. I have no problem with these bigoted people in real life.
I'm here only to show others how evil their ilk can be. See, without me here, making them rain their hate down upon me, would you have realized what you realize now?
That is my purpose here.
They demonize themselves when they attempt to demonize others.
Anyways, how's life for you?
All very true. I think you must have wrists of steel, Lacez.

Good on you.
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#532498 May 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is detestable. For starters, Christianity scapegoats gays. But there is nothing to detest about homosexuality until some priest trains you to think otherwise.
Gays aren't trying to make Christians' lives more difficult or dangerous. But the reverse is true.
It's the modern day witchhunt. At least neither witches or homosexuals end up well done @ the stake this century.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532499 May 10, 2013
To UNbelievers:

For Christians To come into topix every day and respond to others in LESS than a
-LOVE GOD, LOVE the sinner- way makes us
guilty of HORRIBLE sin.
To ignore counsel on this matter is tragic for the Body of Christ and the soul OF the Christian who has un-repented sin-- tragic for those who may be seeking to FEEL The HOLY SPIRIT enter their hearts WHO WOULD WANT WHAT we have ??)c:
Scriptural :
Matthew 12:33 “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good,
or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad,
for a tree is recognized by its fruit.
34 You brood of vipers,
how can you who are evil say anything good?
For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.
35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and
an evil man brings evil things out of the evil
stored up in him.
36 But I tell you that everyone
will have to give account on the day of judgment
for every empty word they have spoken.
37 For by your words you will be acquitted,
and by your words you will be condemned.”

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
You and many of the non believers here- have blackened hearts which has occured LONG before you met any of us- THOUGH you may get some relief in here- by using your wrongful actions and talk---- we can NOT be blamed for or be held accountable for YOUR own personal choices.
YOU chose LONG before you 'met' any of us--- to serve SELF.
In JESUS NAME- due to HIS love for the lost-- I ask YOU to reconsider your choices- You have not gone to far--- You can draw near-
At least give over to finding things to be grateful for- and think ON those things...instead of letting your self made poison infect a larger part of your years on earth. For the sake of YOUR own soul- and those who may count on YOU in the future-- repair your heart to KNOW peace. To share JOY--- and to grow what IS good in the world.

IF you believe that LOVE exists-----
EVEN THOUGH we can NOT see it....
OH sure- we can see man made outward signs of ACTS of supposed love---
BUT HOW can YOU or any of us explain it? We can't.
BUT we have FAITH that it exists because we have experienced it.

In the same line of thought:
John 3:16F or God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world,
but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world,
but people loved darkness
instead of light
because
their deeds
were evil.
20Everyone who does evil hates the light,
and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#532500 May 10, 2013
Job 33:25-29

His flesh shall be flesher than a child's
he shall return to the day of his youth.

He shall pray unto God and he will be favourable
unto him;and he shall see his face with joy;for he will render unto man his righteousness.

He looketh upon men and if any say I have sinned and perverted that which was right and it profited me not.

He will deliver his soul from going to the pit and his life shall see the light.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532501 May 10, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Truths
You've expressed having "faith", and you believe.
Tell me;..what does that do for others?(setting aside nutting people, they will claim anything).
IF you believe that LOVE exists,EVEN THOUGH we can NOT see it....
-- we can see man made outward signs of ACTS of supposed love--- BUT HOW can YOU or any of us explain it? We can't.
BUT we have FAITH that LOVE exists because we have experienced it.
In the same line of thought:
John 3:16F or God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world,
but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world,
but people loved darkness
instead of light
because
their deeds
were evil.
20Everyone who does evil hates the light,
and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
~*~
God offers a greater love than any we have here on earth-- to everyone.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#532502 May 10, 2013
Job 33:30-33

To bring back his soul from the pit,to be enlightened with the light of the living.

Mark well, O Job hearken unto me hold thy peace and I will speak.

If thou hast anything to say answer me speak for I desire to justify thee.

If not hearken unto me hold thy peace and I shall teach thee wisdom.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#532503 May 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xnmMrli6k94XX
Millenium Of The Blind
What's up?

Afraid to answer the question?

Perhaps you just don't like what you see when you examine your beliefs.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532504 May 10, 2013
In hope of being a useful servant in gratitude for the many blessings in my life. My heart is called toward everyone- Siblings and those who are still lost- THAT WAS ME ! I once was THEM-
That was ALL of us at some point.

* 1 Corinthians 10:15 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect.

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.

Proverbs 16:23 The hearts of the wise make their mouths prudent, and their lips promote instruction.

--> THIS convicts ALL of us at some point- All of us that speak that we are Jesus followers NEED to repent and repair.

--> Isaiah 32:6 For fools speak folly,

their hearts are bent on evil:

They practice ungodliness and spread error concerning the LORD;

the hungry they leave empty

and from the thirsty

they withhold water.

Matthew 12:35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

Matthew 15:18 But the things that come out of a person's mouth come from the heart, and these defile them.

Luke 6:45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

WE .. THE ?mouths? of THE LORD... are THE ones guilty of causing falling- causing the punishments promised to man.

God already KNOWS that non believers sin - and that they do NOT recognise their deeds as sin... as they have not
YET met The Holy Spirit-

~~~~ WE CLAIM WE HAVE ~~~~~

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#532505 May 10, 2013
Yes I'm suggesting you dismiss them
...[QUOTE who="Black Thunder 42"]<quoted text>
Both good articles..although one is ".com".
You are suggesting that I should dismiss the opinion of 30 scholars who meet regularly to inspect and evaluate the veracity of writings and their respective importance and impact on the evolution of religions and the affected societies by peer review, and consider only the statements and beliefs of one or two apologetics.
I won't do that. That is not fair and unbiased research.
and since you won't do that, you're admitting to be an atheist. Because if you're siding with the Jesus Seminary, then you're agreeing that none of the written accounts of Jesus' miracles are true, because they can't be physically explained. That is the reason the Jesus Seminary dismiss Jesus. And IMO, that the Real reason you dismiss Jesus to and not because of no gnostic book name thomas. Because as the Jesus seminary claim, none of the his miracles can be physically explained, and you won't dismiss them. You is a atheist. Because to you a Spiritual higher power or the supernatural do not exist if you believe what the Jesus seminary say.

And when I see anyone that don't believe God exist, then all is left to them is what science says. And the way how 21st century science and scientists are just destroying all the so called theories and hypothesis for how the existence of this universe and people, makes me [LOL] until my side hurt sometimes.

So if your source for not believing what the canonized bible say about Jesus Christ is a bunch of atheists, LOL. then good luck writer.
Rosa Winkel

Surry Hills, Australia

#532506 May 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Bible says that I can have my daughter stoned to death if she has pre-marital sex.
I take it you're all for the killing of adulterers as well?
This may be an old one, but in the Bible they used to get stoned for comitting adultery. Modern women get stoned in order to commit adultery.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#532507 May 10, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank YOU (((((Red)))))))
I don't mean just in topix~ as a rule- Christians are telling non believers to believe God's word- and quoting sciptures to hearts that are not yet open to hear- we expect them to listen to us ...when we ourselves don't even abide in His word .
As for topix- many quotes scriptures as their 'proof' to others---- but then they themselves won't submit to live in His ways.
You know me (c:
Can't help but wish that we could all show His basic and most heart grabbing words- which is His message of hope- hope brought to the non believer through the message of Gods mercy and grace.
Unless they KNOW His love is believable- none of the other words touch their target.
Without the preliminary teachings taught to/by the 12 apostles, the scriptures are misunderstood and rejected(parable of the seed).

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532508 May 10, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, me 2.
Miracles are events that aren't unexplainable, As time goes by they could be.
However, you're correct, that events are at times influenced by what our 5 senses don't comptehend.
But that doesn't indicate that christians are the only one who receive them.
For instance, I myself experienced one 2 years ago.
I have coronary disease and had it for some time.
I started to get a very rapid heartbeat, My daughter dialed 911 and an ambulance arrived. They tried to get the heart rate down but to no avail.
My heart rate was beating approx. 210 bpm.
I was transported to the ER and they have tried several attempts to knock it down.
Religious leaders showed up and I could see the doctors look's very grimm.
I, however, kept on cracking some jokes to ease the tension in the room.
Finally, after almost 3 hours of this event, my heart returned to its normal beat.
The doctors were relieved.
When they paid a visit to my room later they told me that it was genuinely a huge miracle that I pulled through considering my history of heart disease.
So far in the past 25 years or so I managed to escape the grim reaper 3 thrice. I suspect that the 4th time he'll win.
Now, was I a christian praying?
No, but I do attribute my survival to the Mesopotamian gods.
There's work for me to do and soon it will be accomplished.
Just rambling on, just like the other poster on here...LOL
I am glad that you pulled through! Am I the other poster? <smile>

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532509 May 10, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not to address the battle in here. It is to address the battle in believers. One I have struggled with much to much. That is the battle of the flesh and spirit. Too often I have engaged in conversations and it start out in the right spirit. One of love, as Christ would have it be. As a person whose faith is in Jesus Christ there is a constant dieing out to self that goes on. A non-believer doesn't have that struggle. They are not bound by that. We are of our own choosing. As the conversation goes on they can say all that they want to insult us. With insulting being the intention. As can be seen on this forum with all of the name calling. In the flesh, all of the name calling gets to us. And we change from a conversation from love to a conversation from pride. You will not out smart me or out wit me. I have not read the exchanges you have been in so I can't comment on them or any comments you might have made, though I have read a few of your posts. When I stopped in here to read what was going on, I saw a bunch of hateful words. And what appeared to be high tensions. From the time I first started posting on this thread a few years ago, what you have been one of the most Biblicaly sound poster on here. So this post is not to condemn anything I have read. It is to encourage you to stay strong. It is Jesus who gives us victory and there is nothing any can say to defeat that. All the strikes against us are strikes in a battle that has already been won, by Jesus. From a song. When your up against a struggle that shatters all your dreams and your hopes have been cruely crushed by Satans manifested scheems and you feel the urge with in you to submit to earthly fears. Don't let the faith your standing in seem to disapear. Praise The Lord. He can work through those who praise him. Praise The Lord. For our God inhabits praise. Praise The Lord for the chains that seem to bind you serve only to remind you that they fall powerless behind you when you Praise Him, Praise him, Praise The Lord :) Be Blessed brother, For you are :)
Amen~
Rosa Winkel

Surry Hills, Australia

#532510 May 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
@RiversideRedneck
How you dare comparing Hitler with Hussein and Bin Laden?
Because they all had only one b@ll, Adam. If that...

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532511 May 10, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed and all glory to God. We are nothing without Him. Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the cares of this world. One thing I like to think of is time. Our entire lives are but a brief blink of the eye, a vapor. Thinking about time man places a great value on what is important right now, this day, this second. What is really important and true is timeless. I know you understand and thanks for the word bro.
Amen~
Rosa Winkel

Surry Hills, Australia

#532512 May 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you have stereotyped me as a Christian..... are you bigoted too, HL?
I have no problems with Christians, as such. Some of them are good people.

I'm only bigoted against a-holes. Don't worry, I wouldn't stereotype you as one.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#532513 May 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Wrong you have no idea what I like to do.lol
I said you like to post scriptures and you say I'm wrong?
So you don't like posting scriptures on Topix?

I hope you're not lying about this.
lil whispers wrote:
Scrutiny it is up to you to do your own careful study.
Yes, I have. Trouble is, I'm not sure whether you have.
lil whispers wrote:
Reticense it is up to me to remain reserved if I so choose too.
Let me get this straight: When you post scriptures you're doing it because you don't like to and you don't want to talk about them either?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 5 min Into The Night 3,908
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Doctor Justice_ 879,884
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 12 min Sangollirayanna8958 1,867
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 13 min janeebee 8,249
Best way to play is taught at houston basketbal... 19 min hoopslessons 1
Poll Why are Americans becoming so stupid? (Jun '08) 28 min Into The Night 151
Rajkot gay Topix (Feb '15) 58 min ctl 231
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr KayMarie 603,311
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 8 hr Moeflow5555 49
More from around the web