Why Should Jesus Love Me?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532550 May 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Job 33:30-33
To bring back his soul from the pit,to be enlightened with the light of the living.
Mark well, O Job hearken unto me hold thy peace and I will speak.
If thou hast anything to say answer me speak for I desire to justify thee.
If not hearken unto me hold thy peace and I shall teach thee wisdom.
"In my gym class, we had something called The Pit, this little alcove where we had to sit if we forgot our gym clothes. It was usually just the crippled kid, the pregnant girl, and me. It was pretty awkward, just hanging with all these freaks who didn't want to show their legs."

~ Danny McBride

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#532551 May 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thank GOD then that I am wearing black Adidas sandal/thongs...... I think!!
LOL!

You know what I meant sis.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532552 May 10, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
"Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either."
~ Gore Vidal
"There's never been a better time to be alive, or dead for that matter. Have you seen the latest in casket technology? Wow."

~Me

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532553 May 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xbK0C9AYMd8XX
"Who would name their kid Chubby?", asks River.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532554 May 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thank GOD then that I am wearing black Adidas sandal/thongs...... I think!!
You're wearing sandals and a thong?

HL???

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#532555 May 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!
You know what I meant sis.
We have to laugh BT42 ~ GOD gave us laughter for a purpose :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#532556 May 10, 2013
Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm fully aware of what faith does to people. It makes them impervious to evidence and reason. Do you think that's good?
There is no argument in defense of faith. Is that what you meant?
Why should a person value faith, if faith can be used to believe absolutely anything?
Do you think faith is a virtue? How about gullibility?
It has been Faith giving me strength in my life; gullibility would have left me in despair..... that's what I meant!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#532557 May 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>We have to laugh BT42 ~ GOD gave us laughter for a purpose :)
;)

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532558 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you ask those that say Christians are ganging up on people? I certainly have no leader in this forum, however, I do have a leader ~ JESUS CHRIST, and I am trying hard to be humble so that I can walk the narrow path that trails behind HIM.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text> I certainly have no leader in this forum, however, I do have a leader ~ JESUS CHRIST, and I am trying hard to be humble so that I can walk the narrow path that trails behind HIM.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you ask those that say Christians are ganging up on people?
Why do you think I should care?
Serah wrote:
<quoted text> I certainly have no leader in this forum, however, I do have a leader ~ JESUS CHRIST, and I am trying hard to be humble so that I can walk the narrow path that trails behind HIM.
I follow no man. I allow them to impart knowledge. I take from those teachings what I need and I disregard what I don't. The ultimate decision is always mine. I accept that.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532559 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry ~ I used the word ganging up....
".. many Christians on this thread have been 'piling on' for a long time now ..
.. that you do not recognize it says something ..
.. that you indulge in it says something more .. "
and it should have been piling on!!
Ask HL what Christians she means are piling it on if there are no Christians in here, according to your posting, that is.
I understand what HL is saying.

I said there are no Christians here. She didn't. Why would I ask her about my statement?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532560 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And GOD has provided enough food to feed us all ~ should we thank man(kind) for letting people starve......
Why would we thank anyone for letting people starve?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#532561 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So what Scar said is true:
"Yet you'll ignore the man-gods that came before your man-god, and assert your man-god is the only real one."
BTW, there is no Devil either.
BTW - how the heck do you know that?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532562 May 11, 2013
Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>
"There's never been a better time to be alive, or dead for that matter. Have you seen the latest in casket technology? Wow."
~Me
Is a casket required for a direct cremation service?

No. If a cremation provider offers direct cremation, the cremation provider is obligated to offer an alternative container to the families they serve. Alternative containers can be constructed of cardboard, plywood, composite wood materials, or pouches made of plastic or cardboard. All alternative containers must be the construction requirements of the crematory.

http://www.cremationfinder.com/faq.html#Ancho...

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532563 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
It has been Faith giving me strength in my life; gullibility would have left me in despair..... that's what I meant!!
That's pretty vague.

You can gain strength from lies, drugs, or greed. That's not an endorsement for these things.

I'm strong without faith. I'd have to be weakened mentally to accept something on faith. I know better than to make that mistake.

Why is it okay to accept one claim on faith and not others? Why don't you accept all claims that are made that are presented with the same quality of evidence as those claims you have already accepted?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532564 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!"
~ Bob Marley
Wow, somebody put mean judgit icons on a Bob Marley quote.

Somebody is in dire need of some Ganja mon.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#532565 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Who would name their kid Chubby?", asks River.
Apparently it wasn't his mother, Mrs. Eartle Evans.

It was his boss at the Produce Market, Tony A.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chubby_Checker#E...

Just plain ole' Tony A.

?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532566 May 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>BTW - how the heck do you know that?
OH Hell, be nice River...

I have faith?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532567 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Alternative containers can be constructed of cardboard, plywood, composite wood materials, or pouches made of plastic or cardboard.
In other words: A Hefty Bag

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532568 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Is a casket required for a direct cremation service?
No. If a cremation provider offers direct cremation, the cremation provider is obligated to offer an alternative container to the families they serve. Alternative containers can be constructed of cardboard, plywood, composite wood materials, or pouches made of plastic or cardboard. All alternative containers must be the construction requirements of the crematory.
http://www.cremationfinder.com/faq.html#Ancho...
Ashes to ashes, dustpan to Ziploc bag.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532569 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
In other words: A Hefty Bag
I went with Ziploc, but we know it's not a Glad Bag.

It needs to be at least a 2 mil bag, whatever the brand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 673,351
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Clearwater 104,778
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Clearwater 981,356
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 45 min ChromiuMan 6,190
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,626
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 5 hr Garry K 7
More from around the web