Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532508 May 10, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, me 2.
Miracles are events that aren't unexplainable, As time goes by they could be.
However, you're correct, that events are at times influenced by what our 5 senses don't comptehend.
But that doesn't indicate that christians are the only one who receive them.
For instance, I myself experienced one 2 years ago.
I have coronary disease and had it for some time.
I started to get a very rapid heartbeat, My daughter dialed 911 and an ambulance arrived. They tried to get the heart rate down but to no avail.
My heart rate was beating approx. 210 bpm.
I was transported to the ER and they have tried several attempts to knock it down.
Religious leaders showed up and I could see the doctors look's very grimm.
I, however, kept on cracking some jokes to ease the tension in the room.
Finally, after almost 3 hours of this event, my heart returned to its normal beat.
The doctors were relieved.
When they paid a visit to my room later they told me that it was genuinely a huge miracle that I pulled through considering my history of heart disease.
So far in the past 25 years or so I managed to escape the grim reaper 3 thrice. I suspect that the 4th time he'll win.
Now, was I a christian praying?
No, but I do attribute my survival to the Mesopotamian gods.
There's work for me to do and soon it will be accomplished.
Just rambling on, just like the other poster on here...LOL
I am glad that you pulled through! Am I the other poster? <smile>

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532509 May 10, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not to address the battle in here. It is to address the battle in believers. One I have struggled with much to much. That is the battle of the flesh and spirit. Too often I have engaged in conversations and it start out in the right spirit. One of love, as Christ would have it be. As a person whose faith is in Jesus Christ there is a constant dieing out to self that goes on. A non-believer doesn't have that struggle. They are not bound by that. We are of our own choosing. As the conversation goes on they can say all that they want to insult us. With insulting being the intention. As can be seen on this forum with all of the name calling. In the flesh, all of the name calling gets to us. And we change from a conversation from love to a conversation from pride. You will not out smart me or out wit me. I have not read the exchanges you have been in so I can't comment on them or any comments you might have made, though I have read a few of your posts. When I stopped in here to read what was going on, I saw a bunch of hateful words. And what appeared to be high tensions. From the time I first started posting on this thread a few years ago, what you have been one of the most Biblicaly sound poster on here. So this post is not to condemn anything I have read. It is to encourage you to stay strong. It is Jesus who gives us victory and there is nothing any can say to defeat that. All the strikes against us are strikes in a battle that has already been won, by Jesus. From a song. When your up against a struggle that shatters all your dreams and your hopes have been cruely crushed by Satans manifested scheems and you feel the urge with in you to submit to earthly fears. Don't let the faith your standing in seem to disapear. Praise The Lord. He can work through those who praise him. Praise The Lord. For our God inhabits praise. Praise The Lord for the chains that seem to bind you serve only to remind you that they fall powerless behind you when you Praise Him, Praise him, Praise The Lord :) Be Blessed brother, For you are :)
Amen~
Rosa Winkel

Surry Hills, Australia

#532510 May 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
@RiversideRedneck
How you dare comparing Hitler with Hussein and Bin Laden?
Because they all had only one b@ll, Adam. If that...

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532511 May 10, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed and all glory to God. We are nothing without Him. Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the cares of this world. One thing I like to think of is time. Our entire lives are but a brief blink of the eye, a vapor. Thinking about time man places a great value on what is important right now, this day, this second. What is really important and true is timeless. I know you understand and thanks for the word bro.
Amen~
Rosa Winkel

Surry Hills, Australia

#532512 May 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you have stereotyped me as a Christian..... are you bigoted too, HL?
I have no problems with Christians, as such. Some of them are good people.

I'm only bigoted against a-holes. Don't worry, I wouldn't stereotype you as one.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#532513 May 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Wrong you have no idea what I like to do.lol
I said you like to post scriptures and you say I'm wrong?
So you don't like posting scriptures on Topix?

I hope you're not lying about this.
lil whispers wrote:
Scrutiny it is up to you to do your own careful study.
Yes, I have. Trouble is, I'm not sure whether you have.
lil whispers wrote:
Reticense it is up to me to remain reserved if I so choose too.
Let me get this straight: When you post scriptures you're doing it because you don't like to and you don't want to talk about them either?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#532514 May 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is it that people are saying the Christians are ganging up on the Atheists?
I have no idea.

We are all individuals. I see no gangs. Are you in a gang? Do you have a leader on this thread? I'm not and I don't. I speak only for myself.

Watford, UK

#532515 May 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Only uneducated and ignorant Christians believe that anything other than a few of Paul's epistles are authored by any known person. The entire Bible (other than said epistles) are anonymous. Even John of Patmos'(Revelation) identity is unknown.
Yes.

All these writings were authored by different people with their own views and agenda. These writers were their own people who were saying what they wanted to say in the way they wanted to say it.

It's small wonder there are so many contradictions in the Bible.

Of course, that's fine - I see nothing wrong with those contradictions as it shows the Bible owes much to humanity rather than any imagined divinity.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#532516 May 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the preliminary teachings taught to/by the 12 apostles, the scriptures are misunderstood and rejected(parable of the seed).
~If we have not love~

Jesus taught well.

~*~

Seeds are placed when Christians quit denying these verses as God's OWN word on the subject ~ Some actions of Christians pluck the chance of seeds sprouting.

2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Ephesians 5:4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.

Colossians 3:8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#532517 May 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I said you like to post scriptures and you say I'm wrong?
So you don't like posting scriptures on Topix?
I hope you're not lying about this.
<quoted text>
Yes, I have. Trouble is, I'm not sure whether you have.
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight: When you post scriptures you're doing it because you don't like to and you don't want to talk about them either?
You twisted the words.Now your finished product.

Watford, UK

#532519 May 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Wherefore Job,I pray thee,hear my speeches and hearken to all my words.
Behold now I have opened my mouth,my tongue hath spoken in my mouth.
My words shall be of the uprightness of my heart;and my lips shall utter knowledge clearly.
The spirit of God hath made me and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.
Job 33:1-4
So we don't have life until we've breathed?

Why then all the fuss about aborting a foetus? Seeing as they don't breath then (according to your scripture) they're not yet alive.

By the way - Job isn't a good book to be quoting scriptures from as it shows your god in a very bad light indeed.

Location hidden

#532520 May 10, 2013
Be not deceived;God is not mocked;for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.Galatians 6:7

Location hidden

#532521 May 10, 2013
"I speak for the trees."
_-Alice-_ wrote:
I have no idea.
We are all individuals. I see no gangs. Are you in a gang? Do you have a leader on this thread? I'm not and I don't. I speak only for myself.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#532522 May 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You twisted the words.Now your finished product.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#532524 May 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm going to say that as the primary subject of the day on this thread, has been about the believers conveying a more congenial form of civil discourse toward those who do not believe, however, I don't believe it would be going over the line to ask you if you are really this foolish and without a clue, to post the garbage that you just did in the post that I am responding to?????.....does the devil really have THAT much of a hold on you to seriously ask me about "the other gods that came before OUR Lord".........are you truly THIS spiritually dysfunctional?
You are posting links of mythological Gods and comparing them to God/Christ like these myths are real, I'm sorry, but to me. this is really sick.

Isaiah 43:10-13
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. 11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour. 12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God. 13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?
So what Scar said is true:

"Yet you'll ignore the man-gods that came before your man-god, and assert your man-god is the only real one."

BTW, there is no Devil either.

Watford, UK

#532525 May 10, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
~If we have not love~
Jesus taught well.
~*~
Seeds are placed when Christians quit denying these verses as God's OWN word on the subject ~ Some actions of Christians pluck the chance of seeds sprouting.
2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Ephesians 5:4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.
Colossians 3:8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.
Hi Truths

I see you quote from Timothy.

Here's another one...

""I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

1 Timothy 2:9-15

So there you have it. Being faithful and believing in God isn't enough for women to be saved.

They also need to have babies.

Otherwise they're damned.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#532526 May 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Wherefore Job,I pray thee,hear my speeches and hearken to all my words.
Behold now I have opened my mouth,my tongue hath spoken in my mouth.
My words shall be of the uprightness of my heart;and my lips shall utter knowledge clearly.
The spirit of God hath made me and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.
Job 33:1-4
"Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either."

~ Gore Vidal

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#532527 May 10, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
~If we have not love~
Jesus taught well.
~*~
Hi Deb,

You got it..
"if we have not Love".

What else is there?

I see Skom and Lawlest would like for you to rebuke me. claiming
I am "guilting" you somehow and ofcourse- I am from the enemy..

This thread knows you and I have gone round and round w each other-
disagreed disliked
loved and laughed..
...today-
I feel we are wiser, you and I-- and I thank you for your Love and
understanding..In Christ.

Keep on keeping on--- girl..

Location hidden

#532528 May 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xbK0C9AYMd8XX
lol ya about to give your age away to me.lol

Thanks for the music.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#532529 May 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't, or shouldn't...to a point anyway.
However, when you find someone telling the crowd that they are wearing green shoes, when they are, in fact, wearing red shoes, and you have the facts and evidential proof and knowledge of it, it is in the best interest of all to make that actuality known...lest everyone be convinced that green is red...the misinformation would render our intersections impassible, and cause a multitude of injury, death, and misery(at the very least).
That requires judgement and action.
Thank GOD then that I am wearing black Adidas sandal/thongs...... I think!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Bongo 100,757
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min WildWeirdWillie 184,295
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 670,435
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 4 hr andet1987 58
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr lightbeamrider 4,034
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr another viewer 980,229
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Shiralee 445,659
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,457
More from around the web