“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#532353 May 10, 2013
Cheriann wrote:
I see that Skombolis is getting some of his own medicine from "It aint necessarily so". How does it feels Skombolis when the shoe is on the other foot. You have chased so many people away and you wanted to be "Die Groot Krokadil" (The big crocodile). Now there is a new "Groot Krokadil" and it is not you. They say what goes around comes around Skom. Enjoy it while it lasts - because everyone else is.
Well aren't you a sweetheart! I'm glad that someone else is enjoying this besides me. I'm sure that most others are tired of it.

If you like seeing the Dimwit used as a chew toy, you're going to love this thread for as long as we are both in it. I'm honoring the Christian god by imitating his standards, which are that there can be no forgiveness even for eternity without repentance. The Dimwit has steadfastly refused to beg forgiveness for his sins, and now must be punished for eternity, or until I get bored kicking his testicles into his pineal.

The truth is, I don't think I can keep this up for more than a few more years before it begins to pall. But until then, feel free to pull up a chair, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the show.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#532354 May 10, 2013
Truths wrote:
Truths wrote:
I have not read your posts long enough to know what your beliefs are- but I DO appreciate the tone and content of your posts
(((((High end))))))
I only know that Jesus IS who the NT says He is- as I feel as if I have met Him- and I know what I have experienced during my journey. No human being could have done the miracles which I have witnessed- and If it was SOME other god answering my prayer....
-why WOULD it answer my prayers which have been prayed to the God of the bible and His Son?
If what I say is pretend- WHY would I and so many others put ourselves out here for a verbal or physical beating ?
<quoted text>
Looking forward to continueing the discussin (c:
Thanks, me 2.
Miracles are events that aren't unexplainable, As time goes by they could be.
However, you're correct, that events are at times influenced by what our 5 senses don't comptehend.
But that doesn't indicate that christians are the only one who receive them.

For instance, I myself experienced one 2 years ago.
I have coronary disease and had it for some time.

I started to get a very rapid heartbeat, My daughter dialed 911 and an ambulance arrived. They tried to get the heart rate down but to no avail.
My heart rate was beating approx. 210 bpm.
I was transported to the ER and they have tried several attempts to knock it down.

Religious leaders showed up and I could see the doctors look's very grimm.
I, however, kept on cracking some jokes to ease the tension in the room.
Finally, after almost 3 hours of this event, my heart returned to its normal beat.

The doctors were relieved.
When they paid a visit to my room later they told me that it was genuinely a huge miracle that I pulled through considering my history of heart disease.

So far in the past 25 years or so I managed to escape the grim reaper 3 thrice. I suspect that the 4th time he'll win.

Now, was I a christian praying?
No, but I do attribute my survival to the Mesopotamian gods.
There's work for me to do and soon it will be accomplished.

Just rambling on, just like the other poster on here...LOL

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#532355 May 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know one thing about my beliefs.
All you doin is fishing.
I do not feel a need to answer to others for
what I believe.
Awee well you just carry on there.
I know that you like to spam the thread with scriptures.

Still, if your beliefs can't handle scrutiny it explains your reticence at being drawn on this.

Have a nice day
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#532356 May 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
The Gospel of Thomas, Apocrypha of early Christians, Codex Sinaiticus, Nag Hammadi library texts,(Q) text research(The Jesus Seminar's Quest for the Historical Jesus).
I'm sure I have missed some...
More are coming to light as discoveries are made.
Alright. 2 thumbs up for archaeology.

Hey BT, this thread is moving so quickly that I have to skip many posts just to stay ahead. My cats only allow me 90 min. per day...lol

I'd like to refer to a post of yours a few days ago concerning magic and the kaballah.
I'd like to add that the orthodox Jews believe and accept that the patriarch Abraham was given this magical system by a messenger/s of god in a language not known to humans.
However, as time passed, this mss. was decoded and written into Hebrew.
What happened to the original?
Hey, who knows. Perhaps it's filed with the tome known as Necronomicon...lol

Fennario

#532357 May 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
So why do you keep coming here?
REASONS FOR UNBELIEVERS TO POST ON TOPIX ATHEIST THREADS

[1] Learn from one another. This is atheist school, and we have many gifted atheist posters here.

[2] Sway any possible uncommitted lurkers or future readers.

[3] Practice formulating better and more cogent arguments.

[4] Practice writing skills.

[5] Tap the aquarium glass. Learn by observing the ecosystem of theists that parade through a thread.

[6] Fellowship with other atheists. There haven’t been too many venues for this in the past.

[7] Entertainment - it's fun.

[8] It's the right thing to do. The Christian church is a societal parasite that inflicts significant harm on Americans in particular.
Skombolis wrote:
What year did you become a doctor?
Why do you want to know? I don't trust your motives.

And what is a doctor to you? I got a medical degree the year I graduated, a license to practice the following year after completing an internship, and was ready to practice after completing a residency and passing my specialty boards two years after that.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#532358 May 10, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>NO BS ! Here you go War mongering Simpleton Grunt Meatheads! Ignorance is bnliss for you kind, demise of Empire, Stupid, you our US war mongers/war-for-profiteers are cause all this mess at home and worldwide! This is what (/faux) democracy US christian funDIE nation /Empire representatice of the EVILS!
What about this below!
The below is just tip of Iceberg of US evils ,not listed are US War and wars and many wars since the inception of the US militaristic Imperialism interventionist nation , means its an Empire of ill repute...EVIL!
what about this below... SO?
UNITED STATES INTERVENTIONS SINCE 1945:
MILITARY INTERVENTIONS, COVERT OPERATIONS, COUPS AND ATTEMPTED COUPS, ELECTION INTERFERENCE, REGIME CHANGE, COLOR REVOLUTIONS
Hiroshima and Nagasaki (Japan), Philippines, South Korea, Lebanon, Iran, Guatemala, Cuba, Congo/Zaire, Brazil,
Greece, Poland, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Chile, Angola, East TImor, Nicaragua,
Grenada, Panama, Kyrgyzstan, Haiti, Yugoslavia, Georgia, Ukraine, Argentina, Ghana, Venezuela, Bolivia, Hondoras,
Paraguay, Mexico, El Salvador, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, Pakistan, Yemen, Tunesia, Egypt, Libya, Syria,...
You are the fool of fools.
Go back under your rock.

Fennario

#532359 May 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You understand this is just the tip of the iceberg on why you are a bigot right? You are condemning the morality of 3/4ths of the United States based on knowing nothing about them other than their claimed religious affiliation.
Not exactly. I am likely criticizing most of them.
Skombolis wrote:
You have gone so far as to say the only reason they don't engage in wilder and berserker immorality is fear of punishement
Not exactly.
Skombolis wrote:
Is it possible you are still denying to be bigoted against Christians?
Yeah, it's possible.

I don't think much of your religion or most of you that practice it, but not every one of you. And that opinion is distilled from experience. Look at the lot of you on this thread.
Skombolis wrote:
Wouldn't it feel good to be a man for even a minute
What do you know about being a man?
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#532360 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>Not me that clueless, you jugheads and meatheads are ones ignorant... Know anything about PNAC agenda, Leo Struassian Philosophy, US hegemony, US global macroeconomic wars,... know what i talking about war mongering grunts? You ignorant ones really are ones living in la la land hollywood Soap box land!
Do you belong to a sleeper cell?
That's ok, you can tell US.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#532361 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>Denied what really going on in US , will not change fact that over 179 nations had given US the Big Middle Fingers, your own demise as a nation; i mean obnoxious war mongering US Militaristic Imperialist Interventionist Empire of ill repute ... EVIL! Why this past dew years a number of Affluent Americans are leaving and renouncing their US citizenships. ANd , The Professional immigrants ( from china, india...) are leaving US enmasse...
So? You think world is stupid, even those Americans and immigrants don't want anything to do with you our US war mongers who are causing all these wars at home and worldwide. Do you want me to simplify even further our American meatheads, jugheads, Pinheads, war mongers...
Are you an illegal immigrant?
It's ok, you can tell US.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#532363 May 10, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You going on what the Jesus Seminar say?? oy!lol! This is just two things that the Jesus Seminary believes that makes it clear to everyone they are simply Atheists:
They dismiss any of the miracles of Jesus as just stories used to spark interest in Christ.
They dismiss the virgin birth as well as the resurrection of Christ because they cannot be explained by natural means.
http://www.allaboutreligion.org/critics-of-th...
So let me give you some better sources.
Professor Craig Evans. Trinity Western University. Princeton Theological Seminary
http://informationaboutgod.com/articles/Bible...
He says based on the material in the Gospel of Thomas, there is no way it could have been written before the canon Gospels. Evans claimed that book was written as late as 175AD-200AD, not even close to the rest of the gospels.
More evidence of 2nd century writing of Thomas and a summary of the differences of what Thomas say and what the Canon say about Jesus.
http://carm.org/does-the-gospel-of-thomas-bel...
And Thomas is the earliest gnostic book. So no way your other books could have been written before matthew mark luke or even the last written gospel john.
So if you going to use such a discredited source as the Jesus Seminary to make you point, then we can discuss the Jesus Seminary. Because all they claims are turning out to be false, and a joke. So you can believe the Jesus Seminary if you want to. And if you want to defend them, I up for it.
Hey, tri, a question that all should hear.
It is accepted by all reputable biblical scholars that the letters of paul of tarsus were the first ones to be written.
Yet, Paul >never< mentions that Jesus was born of a virgin.
Do you have any explanation as to why not?
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#532364 May 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Pitiful?
Can I see your flea? I bet it looks very good.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#532365 May 10, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an illegal immigrant?
It's ok, you can tell US.
Oh puhlleaesee!!.. Leave that chink alone. He's just a harmless coolie.

Fennario

#532366 May 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantastic quote, I'm going to remember that. I like Colbert better though.
Thanks. I have some lulus assembled into a document. Here are some of my faves. The first one is for the Dimwit:

“Atheist are routinely asked how people will know not to rape and murder without religion telling them not to do it, especially a religion that backs up the orders with threats of hell. Believers, listen to me carefully when I say this: When you use this argument, you terrify atheists. We hear you saying that the only thing standing between you and Ted Bundy is a flimsy belief in a supernatural being made up by pre-literate people trying to figure out where the rain came from. This is not very reassuring if you’re trying to argue from a position of moral superiority.”- Amanda Marcotte

“This idea that I just didn’t try hard enough [as a Christian]… not only can I not imagine anybody who tried harder … but any god that expected more from me in seeking him out can kiss my ass”– Matt Dillihunty

"I heard a man loudly exclaim, "I am a christian!" Then I watched him awhile and decided I would not be" – Oukah

“According to mythology, Jesus' first act on earth was busting his mother's cherry.”– anon

“Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt.”- Mike Huben

"Faith transcends reason the way a criminal transcends the law." - Condell

"Can I just say how cute I think it is when a Christian thinks something is far-fetched?" - Sterling Crowe

“It must be quite galling for religious people to see atheists like me going about their business without a shred of guilt or self-loathing, and not in the least inclined to pray or to do penance of any kind, and not in the slightest bit worried about any form of eternal punishment. I have to admit if I was religious I'd probably think to myself: "How come I've got all this weight on my shoulders while these bums are getting a free ride?" – Condell

“I always flinch in embarrassment for the believer who trots out,“Atheism is just another kind of faith,” because it’s a tacit admission that taking claims on faith is a silly thing to do. When you’ve succumbed to arguing that the opposition is just as misguided as you are, it’s time to take a step back and rethink your attitudes.”- Amanda Marcotte

“When the philosopher's argument becomes tedious, complicated, and opaque, it is usually a sign that he is attempting to prove as true to the intellect what is plainly false to common sense”- Edward Abbey

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music,'denigrate' means 'put down.'" – Bob Newhart
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#532367 May 10, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you belong to a sleeper cell?
That's ok, you can tell US.
Of course I do. Tha be one of those cells the beaners sleep in.
Here in the U.S the niknoks occupy them sleeper cells..
Sleeper cells are aka prisons or state hotels.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#532368 May 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey CS!
Just waving HI:)
Shalom! How are you Steve? I hope things are well with you and you well with things. Nice to see you back by the way.

Andrew (CS).

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#532369 May 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin;
For today where art thou to take my feet and what and where shall I reach out my hand to another.To take that walk in peace and grab that happiness along the way.Have a good day.God bless
I like that for a good morning lil sister... Seems that's how we both see a new day. Reminds me of
Exodus 14:14 The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
So in peace we enter our day with him... and the rest... we'll see!
My Little Wing is becoming a real sweety, and his/her family of up to 9 join in the day. It's nice to see how peacefully they share the food, and even play like puppies. Had a few beautiful days but a change coming thu maybe later. 7Am Sat now.
LuvU2 and God Bless

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#532370 May 10, 2013

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#532371 May 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think about Jesus?
There was no one living in 1st century Judea named Jesus. It is one of the very few translated or modified names in the entire book called the bible. Most of the biblical characters kept their semitic names except the Hebrew known as Yahshua. I suppose it is easire for many to say 'Jesus' than it is to say Yahshua, or at least some may argue, and point out that they speak English. However, do they try to skip around or translate the name Melchizedek?

Yet many in here do not find it strange that the name of the most important figure in scripture was changed, and does not fit into biblical principle or the principle of names for the geographic location and time period. As far as I understand, it is one thing to have child-like ignorance, but a completely different thing to ignore the truth or wish to remain ignorant.

Shalom.

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#532372 May 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
YahwehMart is funny.
Admit it.
There are just some things you shouldn't say even when you think it. Your attempted joke in no way is considered funny by me. Weigh your words Mr. Catcher. Loose speech may come back to haunt you.... eventually.

CS.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#532373 May 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I have some lulus assembled into a document. Here are some of my faves. The first one is for the Dimwit:
“Atheist are routinely asked how people will know not to rape and murder without religion telling them not to do it, especially a religion that backs up the orders with threats of hell. Believers, listen to me carefully when I say this: When you use this argument, you terrify atheists. We hear you saying that the only thing standing between you and Ted Bundy is a flimsy belief in a supernatural being made up by pre-literate people trying to figure out where the rain came from. This is not very reassuring if you’re trying to argue from a position of moral superiority.”- Amanda Marcotte
“This idea that I just didn’t try hard enough [as a Christian]… not only can I not imagine anybody who tried harder … but any god that expected more from me in seeking him out can kiss my ass”– Matt Dillihunty
"I heard a man loudly exclaim, "I am a christian!" Then I watched him awhile and decided I would not be" – Oukah
“According to mythology, Jesus' first act on earth was busting his mother's cherry.”– anon
“Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt.”- Mike Huben
"Faith transcends reason the way a criminal transcends the law." - Condell
"Can I just say how cute I think it is when a Christian thinks something is far-fetched?" - Sterling Crowe
“It must be quite galling for religious people to see atheists like me going about their business without a shred of guilt or self-loathing, and not in the least inclined to pray or to do penance of any kind, and not in the slightest bit worried about any form of eternal punishment. I have to admit if I was religious I'd probably think to myself: "How come I've got all this weight on my shoulders while these bums are getting a free ride?" – Condell
“I always flinch in embarrassment for the believer who trots out,“Atheism is just another kind of faith,” because it’s a tacit admission that taking claims on faith is a silly thing to do. When you’ve succumbed to arguing that the opposition is just as misguided as you are, it’s time to take a step back and rethink your attitudes.”- Amanda Marcotte
“When the philosopher's argument becomes tedious, complicated, and opaque, it is usually a sign that he is attempting to prove as true to the intellect what is plainly false to common sense”- Edward Abbey
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music,'denigrate' means 'put down.'" – Bob Newhart
Another bunch of great quotes, so much to choose from!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min AN NFL FAN 119,270
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Michael 554,994
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 263,565
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 765,022
Abu dhabi massage for men 0555079516 Alisa 30 min alisa 1
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 56 min Hatti_Hollerand 68
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 58 min truth 932
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr truth 5,435

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE