|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I will.
Question...How many of the 500(+) contemporary writings of "Jesus words" that existed before around 95 A.D. have you had the opportunity to read.
That is the foremost reason for my statement...in that the canons of the "universal church" were rejected by those that knew they were adulterated and so not the real truth. That was the reason the "abomination"- the "universal church"/"scarlet whore" of Rome(who deemed "itself" the representative of God on earth) destroyed, murdered, and burned anyone who possessed or preached those "truths".
Exactly what Jesus abhorred and preached against.
None. I do think (and hope) that we seek the same thing, the truth. Many years ago before I gave my life to Christ I loved something called absolute zero. My thinking is no matter who where what faith or no faith this is something that everyone agrees on, the coldest temp. As far as I know and understand it also can't be reached. But I like things like that that are true no matter what. Much of what is spoken of here are things many don't agree on. I can't prove to anyone here I've met Jesus, nor can my wife. But I don't have to. All we have to do is live the best way we know how. In our church, Protestant non-denominational we have quite a few teachings on the history of the Protestant Reformation. I have no doubt that anyone in a postion of power and authority, be it a church, gov, ect that seeks to stop the truth will fail in the end.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Native Americans, Hiroshima, Nagasaki ..
.. need more ??..
Indians notwithstanding, Hiroshima & Nagasaki were acts of war, not genocide. They are nothing like the Holocaust, nothing like the evils and terror that Hitler enjoyed.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't asked me for any evidence, so I haven't given any.
You haven't even defended your claims with validity, namely, you made empty claims that have no evidence to back them up.
Scratch that, you never defended your claims in the first place, only dodged and created straw men arguments.
Intentionally.

By doing so, I've shown you how utterly stupid "born gay" is.

Thanks for your cooperation.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So only females have butts.
Glad to see you make even more of a fool out of yourself.
I also fixed your quote a bit to reflect a fact and not your disillusioned thoughts. Try to see whether you can pick up the change.
No. Males and females have buttholes.

Buttholes aren't made for sex, though.

I know, I know.... You're gonna argue that's my "indoctrination" talking, but it isn't. It's a biological fact.

Don't get me wrong, Mrs RR enjoys a little butt action now & then. But that doesn't mean it's natural.

Don't kid yourself.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, the irony of you being you from a young age, and having the need of evidence in your life for God, and you so happen to chose law... lol.. works out i guess huh..
Honest?? lol come on now man...
Yes i agree, chairty never fails..
Widow's mite. The law. Indeed.

http://www.sundayeducation.com/2011/08/19/the...
Dr Phil

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

I think Skombolis has a personality disorder.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
He fails to realize that the ones who win the wars and live out the others write the history. So of course when the people colonizing killed off a good portion of Native Americans to steal their land, they wrote themselves into history as great people. They're the ones who lived out the others.
And for some cooky reason, you think I'm all aflutter with envious joy over the murder of innocents...

Are you sure you're not projecting?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. This is a good example of two Christians showing this guy for what is he is: a bigot. If he posted this crap concerning blacks you would say something, or any other group, race or religion. I have to ask, do any of you that claim tolerance have any for anyone that doesn't share you hate? And I don't use that word lightly. But its on full display here by serveral posters. Oh well. It is a pity. Life is too short.
.. many Christians on this thread have been 'piling on' for a long time now ..

.. that you do not recognize it says something ..

.. that you indulge in it says something more ..

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what happened here on Tuesday, at least not to which you are referring.
.. it was 'pile-on' Boooots, AIN & HL day ..

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG HL, you too? The sentence clearly states "others who did not belong to the 'Aryan race'".
.. yes, understood. I was just adding that JW's were persecuted for their religious belief concerning the military ..

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That link leads directly to post # 531783.
It didn't take me to the post ...only the page.
What causes that?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi
These are the books that never made the cut when the Bible was put together?
The Gospel of Thomas makes no mention of Jesus' death and resurrection. Furthermore, salvation only comes by understanding his teachings and not by believing in his resurrection:
"Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death"
No wonder the early church leaders left that one out!
They also left out the Gospel Of Peter which is strange because as far as I know, it provides the only eye-witness account of Jesus emerging from the tomb.
Jesus came out from the tomb with two angels and was followed by a talking cross. Once in the open, Jesus and the angels grew to a height of thousands of feet until their heads were lost in the heavens.
Angels? Talking cross? Giant Jesus?
Well, according to the account, this was witnessed by a Roman centurion and his soldiers (usually eighty men) and the Jewish Elders. Given who the witnesses were, you'd have thought there would be some records for this miraculous event. Turns out that there are none.
Ah well, perhaps it was just a made-up story.
The "Gospel of Peter" was written just before 200 AD, and was nothing more than an embellishment of the previous "Gospels" or "proto-Gospels". The intent being to lend credence to the fantastic and elaborate structure of reinforcing trinity and immaculate conception. It has been concluded by scholars that it was not written by Peter, but after his death.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Intentionally.
By doing so, I've shown you how utterly stupid "born gay" is.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Actually, you haven't shown anything but your lack of a functional brain.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Males and females have buttholes.
Buttholes aren't made for sex, though.
I know, I know.... You're gonna argue that's my "indoctrination" talking, but it isn't. It's a biological fact.
Don't get me wrong, Mrs RR enjoys a little butt action now & then. But that doesn't mean it's natural.
Don't kid yourself.
Again with saying natural things aren't natural.
You fundies never do get it.

It has been observed in nature, ergo it is natural.

Your words:
"Even with plumbing parts there are male & female parts...
One of you, you & your fiancé, is feminine."

And so you believe that females can only have butts or mouths.
You said it, not me.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No "doctor" can be this stupid
You think addiction isn't physical? Especially opiate addiction which we were specifically talking about?
It was one thing for you not to know Ritalin has the adverse affect on adults
It was one thing to claim you gave ten percent of your money to a church where you knew the priest was stealing the money for himself
But for a "doctor" not to know opiate addiction is both physical and mental? WOW. Either you were about as bad and ignorant of a doctor and Christian as one can be when you claimed to be one or you simply are a bigger fraud than I thought. Considering the patients it would have affected, I actually find myself rooting for the latter.
Hey Friend,
I’m not sure any of the gang are what they say they are or even live where they say they do Skombolis. Something doesn’t ring right about more than one of them.

Just an observation.
HFN

BTW I really am the smartest people on this earth. People come from miles around to the most beautiful house in the world, that I own and am living in, just to hear my wisdom. Now what about that bridge? LOL
HFN

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And for some cooky reason, you think I'm all aflutter with envious joy over the murder of innocents...
Are you sure you're not projecting?
Your comment is false and irrelevant to the line of comments, as your comments are most of the time.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:

So then if it were put to a vote tomorrow, you'd for for equality?
I really doubt that,
See? Why do you do that? Why do you assume what my response or opinion is going to be?
considering that the whole reason we got into this discussion is because you commented on my criticisms of bigoted people who wish to refuse marriage equality.
As I recall, we got into this because you caused me of taking away (or attempting to take away) certain rights of people.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That link leads directly to post # 531783.
Oh. Not to an iPhone, it goes straight to the top of the page.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. many Christians on this thread have been 'piling on' for a long time now ..
.. that you do not recognize it says something ..
.. that you indulge in it says something more ..
So your answer is its ok to do something you claim is not ok as long as its Christians. Got it. Thanks for you showing that your word is worthless. As long as God gives me breath I will speak out against anyone being a bigot towards any group. You call it piling on, I call it standing up for the gospel of Jesus Christ that ains proves he hates. Sad that.

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya'll make it sound like these folks were falsly invited to a party and then mowed down while they munched corn on the cob.
And that simply isn't the case.
The genocide of the native tribes of the America's was began by the Spanish as far as outsiders is concerned. But in truth the natives warred against each other for century's. And we don't know how many that took part in the genocide of the North American Indian were in fact American Nationals ...surely a great number were immigrants. But I can say with absolute certainty that not a single one of you can look upon the heart of anyone and declare if they are a people of faith ...or what faith.
The wheels of history were in motion. There is nothing anyone was going to do to stop it. It is what it is.
And since you brought up the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and sticking with that time period & WWII, it was the Empire of Japan that called us out.
How many civilians died at Pearl? How many civilians died around the world at the hands of the Empire of Japan?
The Emire simply bit off more than it could chew.
And lets not forget the many beheadings, death marchs and other forms of torture committed against the Allied forces.
How many civilians died in the sinking of the Lusitania by a German U-boat? Europe was screaming for aid. The USA didn't just march in and start shooting the place up.
This war had to come to an end ...it was enough.
I'm not advocated the wholesale slaughter of innocents ...but damn, we should turn away while Americans are slaughtered early on a Sunday morning ...or sent to the depths of the icy seas by an unknown hunter.
.. with a few exceptions, your post is completely accurate ..

.. specifically, I question whether Nagasaki was necessary ..

.. the Spanish were responsible for the slaughter of innocents in both North and South America. Did Christians in Spain complain about the massacres? Were they morally outraged? Or, did they condone the conquering, remain silent, even endorse it ??..

.. again, my primary contention is that Christian leaders have been responsible for many atrocities throughout history and it continues today. Are churches speaking out against the drones or the civilian deaths in Iraq or other mid-east countries? If not, why aren't they? Wouldn't that be a moral imperative ??..

.. believers claim that without a God, humans would have poor morals. Isn't it only fair that the behavior of Christians, the lack of dissent by churches regarding civilian deaths also be subject to scrutiny? What would Jesus say or do ??..

.. people can do better than this ..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 510,521 - 510,540 of596,508
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

626 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Hillie Billie Boganed 109,536
Gay Snapchat Names 5 min irish 20 1,338
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 6 min Danielson Wax-on Wax-off 108
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 min NUTS AMERICA 37,850
help and advice about sex 6 min Ha Ha Dix 2
Paul Krugman: We're "on the road to catastrophe" 9 min Ha Ha Dix 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Shivar 680,019
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min lightbeamrider 216,852
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min EdmondWA 89,555
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 21 min Aaz 239
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min LTM 512,026
•••
•••
•••