RiversideRedneck wrote:
Just because a terrorist combatant USA child
Oopsie.

This should read: "Just because a terrorist combatant is a child"
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#532003 May 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>We had a Cocker Spaniel (Duke) when I was a young kid, loved him to pieces :)
I had a PUG ---Loved that dog! they are a ONE person dog
named him--- Bubba---

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#532004 May 9, 2013
Excerpt,
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. then, why aren't you speaking out against Adam, Lawess or CS when they call gays perverts ??..

.. if AINS detests Christianity, that's his right .
This is interesting ...I can't recall ever giving this any thought.

HL, please explain to me what is the difference in detesting Christianity ...or detesting homosexuality.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#532005 May 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Part of the problem IMO is this country is so divided politically and we are bombarded by such extremism and propaganda in the "news" today that a lot of people can't see past the spin their own party puts on an issue
Then you have just the problem in general as to how much truth do any of us really know when it comes to these things?
Then lastly this world is very indifferent at best when it comes to social issues and justice. I don't know if people are just too tired and have had the fight beat out of them or if people just aren't as concerned as they used to be as people will often vote against self-interests and be more likely to watch Honey Boo Boo than a presidential debate
These sound like excuses. So what if the nation was divided? You can still do the right thing. So what if the news is spin? Question it.
Skombolis wrote:
But I do think a lot of people will stand up against what they think is wrong.
Why? You saw that the opposite was true regarding Iraq.
Skombolis wrote:
But it is much more likely in a scenario where we can have an immediate impact. If I see someone verbally abusing a cashier at a store I am likely to tell them to take it easy.
Your priorities are wrong. Of the two, the war was the more serious moral failure.
Skombolis wrote:
Where do I really have a voice to speak out against the war? Take a day off work and go hold a picket sign somewhere?
No. You don't take a day off. You take a stand for what is right, and express it every time and place that is appropriate.

All that you were expected to do was be skeptical about your government instead accepting what you were told on faith, and once it became clear that the nation was lied to, you were expected to say "This is wrong. My government is wrong." Nobody expected you to toss Molotov cocktails at the White House - just take a stand for what is right. Set a moral example.

Who was doing that during the war, and who wasn't? What kind of people were the war protesters?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#532006 May 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote to AINS: Which Christian church?
Why do you assume there's only one? What church? I've told you a hundred times that I don't have one.
<quoted text>
.. anyone up for a bit more piling on of AIN's ..??
What I said I meant. I believe it. Will I again point out something that is not good about someone? Probably.

BTW IANS does it often. Call him on it why don't ya.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#532007 May 9, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahummm, and you guys have not ganged up on, tried to threaten or intimidate any of us HL? Yes you have.
.. one of us is blind. My experience has shown 'piling-on' Christian character assassinations are normal. Generally, non-believers try to debate the issues ..

.. Lacez has received so much 'piling-on' in the past week, it's pathetic. After a deluge of insults, he returned fire. Name one non-believer who joined him in his insults or character assassination, just one. You won't because you can't. Same thing with AIN, he's doing battle alone ..
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think Christians are the only ones who are causing trouble in here? You all came here to cause trouble and have been pretty much doing just that ever since.
.. this is a public discussion board and you do not know the motives of people. Sure, many non-believers are challenging your belief system. Isn't that what forums are for? Is that what you mean by 'causing trouble?'..
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>What did you expect, that we would kiss your feet and praise you for it? I think not.**LAST PORTION DELETED**
.. perhaps you haven't been reading this forum for the past month but Christians continue to draw first blood with insults and character assassinations. I've been pointing this out for the past month ..

.. read Tuesday's post (5-7-2012). I challenge you to make an honest assessment about insults,'piling-on' and character assassinations then ask yourself this question: would Jesus do ??..
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#532008 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
IANS "The church"
RR "What church?"
IANS "The church"
RR "What church?"
IANS "The church"
RR "What church?"
Ad infinitum.
:)

Fennario

#532009 May 9, 2013
Truths wrote:
people give up on the belief due to the wrong doing of.... us mere humans- who have misrepresented Him in so many ways.
Maybe he should have handled the matter himself, then, instead of entrusting it to humans. What good is an all-powerful god that is already present in the room, but won't even bother to speak for itself? If people are as untrustworthy as you say, why should I believe the ones with bibles?
Truths wrote:
When His intent was to give us guidelines in which to protect us from eachother.... and ourselves.
Guidelines? That's the least a god could have done.

With Established Harem

#532011 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What Christian leaders are "continuing atrocities" today?
You're asking a catch 22. Churches are supposed to remain nonpolitical, if they become political they're supposed to have their tax exempt status removed.
So if a church stays politically quiet, you complain.
If the church gets politically involved, you still complain.
.. give me break. Churches are not politically quiet. You know that ..

.. presumably, the purpose of a church and the ministry is to offer spiritual guidance, focus attention on immorality and human rights violations. That's exactly what Martin Luther King did ..

.. yes, the leader of a presumable Christian nation (America) is committing atrocities today. His name is Obama ..

.. for every drone launched, 9 civilians are killed, only 1 enemy combatant. That's immoral. Why aren't Christians and their churches joining in prayer, in action, in protest to the robot killings of children? What would Jesus do ??..

.. Picklehead, there's no way this one. Under the Nazis, Germany was a Christian Nation. Under Obama, America is a Christian nation. Unfortunately, when it comes to human rights violations, the people are silent ..
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#532012 May 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. one of us is blind. My experience has shown 'piling-on' Christian character assassinations are normal. Generally, non-believers try to debate the issues ..
.. Lacez has received so much 'piling-on' in the past week, it's pathetic. After a deluge of insults, he returned fire. Name one non-believer who joined him in his insults or character assassination, just one. You won't because you can't. Same thing with AIN, he's doing battle alone ..
<quoted text>
.. this is a public discussion board and you do not know the motives of people. Sure, many non-believers are challenging your belief system. Isn't that what forums are for? Is that what you mean by 'causing trouble?'..
<quoted text>
.. perhaps you haven't been reading this forum for the past month but Christians continue to draw first blood with insults and character assassinations. I've been pointing this out for the past month ..
.. read Tuesday's post (5-7-2012). I challenge you to make an honest assessment about insults,'piling-on' and character assassinations then ask yourself this question: would Jesus do ??..
Hogwash HL

Plus
If you all had not come in here to cause trouble, which you all did then Christians would not have the trouble you all cause to protest against. You got what you came for, a fight. You should be happy.

With Established Harem

#532013 May 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you pile-on big time and it has nothing to do with defending your faith. Instead, it's pure and simple character assassination ..
.. I don't give rat's azz of it's a Christian or non-believer, it's wrong ..
<quoted text>
.. there's the insult. Can't resist it, can you ??..
<quoted text>
.. then, why aren't you speaking out against Adam, Lawess or CS when they call gays perverts ??..
<quoted text>
.. stand up for the gospel all you want. I'll never tell anyone their faith is wrong ..
<quoted text>
.. if AINS detests Christianity, that's his right ..
P.S. Would you like to introduce me to Mrs. Clearwater ??..
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of CRAP! Can't you do better than this???
No wonder you turned to lesbian--you couldn't get a Man to put up with your CRAP.
Mrs. Clearwater would BARF at the thought of you.
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of CRAP!
INSULT #1
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you turned to lesbian--you couldn't get a Man to put up with your CRAP.
INSULT #2
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>Mrs. Clearwater would BARF at the thought of you.
INSULT #2

..'piling on' case proven. Guilty as charged ..

With Established Harem

#532014 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you advocate a church becoming politically based?
'Cuz that's what it would take.
.. again, give me a break ..

.. churches regularly protest immorality (think Proposition 8)..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it be more acceptable to target a child-terrorist with a human than a robot? You're pretending like you know all these deaths are innocent victims. Why? Just because a terrorist combatant USA child does NOT mean he's above getting killed. A bullet from a child is equally as effective as a bullet from a man.
.. are all Muslim children, including infants, terrorists? Picklehead, you're trying to find reasons to condone the drones. No reason is acceptable when the ratio is 10 to 1 ..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>How have you come by this knowledge? Is it knowledge or is it assumption?
.. are you drinking? Again? How many beers? What's happening with the drones is pretty much common knowledge ..

.. why aren't Christians praying, taking action, writing their congressperson, protesting, making it a public issue like Proposition 8 ??..

.. what would Jesus do ??..

With Established Harem

#532015 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*anxiously throws up hand in the air*
OOOOOH!! PICK ME! PICK ME!
Or would you rather I shut up and let him bash christians all day long?
.. one-on-one is fine with me ..

.. maybe someday I'll try two-on-one ..

.. how's Mrs. RR ??..

With Established Harem

#532016 May 9, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Excerpt,
<quoted text>
This is interesting ...I can't recall ever giving this any thought.
HL, please explain to me what is the difference in detesting Christianity ...or detesting homosexuality.
.. absolutely nothing ..

With Established Harem

#532017 May 9, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said I meant. I believe it. Will I again point out something that is not good about someone? Probably.
BTW IANS does it often. Call him on it why don't ya.
.. you don't do group sex, right ??..

.. one-on-one, one-on-one ..
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#532018 May 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you pile-on big time and it has nothing to do with defending your faith. Instead, it's pure and simple character assassination ..
.. I don't give rat's azz of it's a Christian or non-believer, it's wrong ..
<quoted text>
.. there's the insult. Can't resist it, can you ??..
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
.. stand up for the gospel all you want. I'll never tell anyone their faith is wrong ..
<quoted text>
.. if AINS detests Christianity, that's his right ..
P.S. Would you like to introduce me to Mrs. Clearwater ??..
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
INSULT #1
<quoted text>
INSULT #2
<quoted text>
INSULT #2
..'piling on' case proven. Guilty as charged ..
Do you really think I care that you are counting INSULTS??--We ALL stopped counting YOURS long time ago--- So you could get in Practicing your COUNTING.

That seems to be all you can do is to 'Point out everyone's faults but YOU OWN---

hypocritical--don't cha think???
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#532019 May 9, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
For as the lightning cometh out of the east and shineth even unto the west;so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Matthew 24:2&3
What's so special about this?
What you've described was a thunderstorm.
No son of man ever showed up.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#532020 May 9, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes he did.
The mashiach will be a great political leader descended from King David (Jeremiah 23:5). The mashiach is often referred to as "mashiach ben David" (mashiach, son of David). He will be well-versed in Jewish law, and observant of its commandments (Isaiah 11:2-5). He will be a charismatic leader, inspiring others to follow his example. He will be a great military leader, who will win battles for Israel. He will be a great judge, who makes righteous decisions (Jeremiah 33:15).
The only one Jesus has not fulfilled yet is the great military leader. And that will be fulfilled upon His return. Because Jesus came the first time as a lamb to the slaughter. The next time, He is coming declaring War. Then you will get your military leader fulfillment.
You forgot the part where the messiah has to be totally human.
If he was a god or demi-god then that wouldn't qualify him.
If he was a human then he's been dead for almost 2,000 years.

It's a lose-lose situation for christians.

With Established Harem

#532021 May 9, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash HL
.. did you read Tuesday's posts? If not, your hogwash becomes BS. It's all here, read the 5-7-2013 posts, savor the character assassinations and insults that Christians indulged in ..
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
If you all had not come in here to cause trouble, which you all did then Christians would not have the trouble you all cause to protest against. You got what you came for, a fight. You should be happy.
.. that's neat! You just lumped numerous people into a basket called 'trouble makers' because they challenge your belief system yet you say nothing about the documented Christian character assassinations and piling-on ..

.. fascinating. Fascinating & blind ..

Fennario

#532022 May 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Do you think I am afraid that at your current rate in another 20 years there may be 10 of you on the Internet?

Based on the present rate of change, Christians will likely be a minority in America in fewer than 20 years. I can show you the math again of you're interested:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

There is nothing for you to fear.
Skombolis wrote:
IANS said:
Of course they are. You imagine that you are watched 24/7 by an angry, panty sniffing, cosmic nanny that judges and rewards or punishes you according to your every deed.... But you pretend that that isn't a factor. We already know why most of you don't go wilding and berserking. The answer is related to the fact that you have no idea why we don't.Your entire moral philosophy is infantile and selfish. It's all about pleasing daddy and saving your own ass."

See IANS, you are a 'humanist' that hates the vast majority of humans even in his own country.
That's hate to you? I hate almost nobody. Not even you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min crystal 973,527
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min DebraE 106,460
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 47 min NoStress4me 63,173
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,807
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 653,558
"My anger wouldn't let me feel for a 'stranger'" 2 hr Doctor REALITY 2
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr Ricky F 39,118
More from around the web