|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh... I know...
And one of the "various" reasons is because they were Christian....
Are you stupid, ignorant or just love to lie ?

There is no evidence whatsoever that Nazis ever targeted anyone simply because they were Christians.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Nah, most people whether they believe in God or not try to do the right thing simply because it is the right thing
Disagree. I just saw this minutes ago:

nurface wrote: "Where is it you get your "compassion" from? I means since you claim there is no God, how can you say there is any "good or bad" "right or wrong" in anybody?"

And he wrote it immediately after reading this, confirming its implication:

IANS: "We already know why most of you don't go wilding and berserking. The answer is related to the fact that you have no idea why we don't."

I see this quite frequently, which is why I was able to predict it.
Skombolis wrote:
You can't relate to leaning on someone else for strength because you don't have it in you to trust or love other people more than you do yourself. You certainly would never leave something as important as your fate in the hands of another.
You seem to count self-reliance as a fault, and dependency the opposite. I don't need much help from anybody for strength. All I ask of them is to be kind, and either interesting, funny, or both.

And I doubt that you know anything about love, either.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ah...
So "people are born straight" is just as ridiculous as "people are born gay".
Thanks.
Now go tell your friends.
Both of those claims are currently untestable.

I didn't say they were ridiculous. People may be born with a stronger inclination towards one sex or another, but as soon as they have life experience, that life experience becomes an inexorable factor. Sexual orientation is probably decided, in the vast majority of cases, prior to the time when a person feels any sexual attraction at all.

Your claim, that homosexuality is a choice, is ridiculous.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. We were enjoying our freedom and celebrating the fact that our beloved troops were risking their lives to give freedom to the Iraqis.
Problem?
.. too bad the 112,329 to 122,886 civilians who lost their lives can't celebrate that freedom ..

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

.. if you happen to come across a Muslim woman cradling her dead child in her arms, what do you say to her ??..

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You call that detective work? HA!
You must've missed this part:
"others who did not belong to the "Aryan race"...and religious dissidents, i.e. members of Jehovah's Witnesses"
But Christians here say JWs and Mormons aren't Christians.

So now they are.

When did God change his mind ?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
By Nazis? Yes.
<quoted text>
No. America doesn't condone or practice religious persecution.
<quoted text>
.. do we dare compare the response of WW II era German Christians with today's generation of American Christians ??..
.. as of two months ago, U.S. drone attacks have killed 22 terrorists; unfortunately, 800 innocent civilians also lost their lives, you know, collateral damage. Many were children ..
http://www.policymic.com/articles/24164/a-lis...
.. I'm not hearing much of a public outcry from our Christian nation ..
.. did German Christians even care about the senseless killing of gypsies, gays, JW's or Jews? Do American Christians even care about the senseless killing of Muslim children ??..
SPECIAL REQUEST
If you respond to this post, please compare the American Christian response with that of the German citizens during Hitler's reign of terror. This is not about 'left'-vs-'right' but, about the morality of the American Christian response to the senseless murder of innocents.
Americans sacrificed a lot for the war effort in WWII. Everything, every resource we had went to the war effort first, civilians second. We have everything we had to save the people of Europe from the Nazis.

Death is a part of war. Sometimes innocent people get killed, too. America isn't in the business of murdering innocents. We try our damnedest to only kill combatant targets, that doesn't always work.

Look at how many innocents had to die in Japan in WWII just to get the Empire to surrender and stop fighting.

Additionally, why are you pinpointing Christians when you ask about death in war?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post. You've hit the nail on the head. And not surprisingly, it is an unbeliever - you - objecting.
You may get a little lip service out of the Christians if you've embarrassed them enough with this,
But clearly, as a collective, they care much less than unbelievers about such matters, which supports my point that if a Western demagogue wants to manufacture support for a genocide or any other moral horror, he can't do better than to have an overwhelmingly Christians nation to work with. They may mouth the word "love" a lot, but that kind of "love" is worthless.
These are people that are raised to think that anything authority commands is moral as long as they trust the authority, and they trust almost anybody that claims to be a Christian or carries a bible - like Hitler and Bush.
And what difference does it make what people like Hitler and Bush really believe about Jesus? What matters is what their audiences believed. The Christians believed that they were anointed by their god in their holy struggles.
OMG.... Do you know of any Christians that think Bush was anointed by God???

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA has never done anything like Hitler did, moron.
.. yes, we have ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Wonder if its our tax dollars at work?
LOL

I hope not.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. I'll tell you where the Christians were. Toby Keith concerts, waving flags, calling for their god to bless America and her troops, and jeering liberal activists like Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, and The Dixie Chicks.
Not surprisingly, the Christians were moral putty.
And that, of course, was the original point. If you want to demagogue a people in the West, you really can't do better than have a Christian nation. Imagine a nation like the secularists posting here recently. Which of us would you expect would be led around like that or cheer war?
A nation of secularists or a nation of believers? When it comes to rabble-rousing and war, you can pretty much count on the believers.

Toby Keith was a new name for me so I googled him. I'm glad he's over there and not over here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody should tell my wife, lol. Nah skip that. A bigoted person told me she can't live as she does. It's been almost 15 years so I'm thinking a person can change the path they are on, thank God.
Yes, sexual preferences and orientations can change.

This is why we get "gay" people that have been married and have kids, then after 25 years of a heterosexual marriage, sex and lifestyle, they are all of a sudden "always been gay"....

Whatever.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. too bad the 112,329 to 122,886 civilians who lost their lives can't celebrate that freedom ..
http://www.iraqbodycount.org/
.. if you happen to come across a Muslim woman cradling her dead child in her arms, what do you say to her ??..
"Your baby is burning in Hell, you demon of Satan!"

Just a guess

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
People are not born gay.
Debunk that, freethinker.
The claim is unfalsifiable, RR.

Do you know what that means?

I don't have to debunk it. It's defunct.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you choose not to be gay ?
Never did, I was born straight.

Are you gonna prove me wrong or just keep tap dancing?

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
But Lucy ...all you did was run away.
Why are you insulting me? He may read a lot like one of my brothers but to think he is me? I'm off to cry in a corner now... Unless you meant some other Luci, in which case, many apologies :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they know "husband & wife" is normal and they're pretending to be.
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a tad harsh don't you think?
Yes. The truth hurts sometimes.

I firmly believe in "No honey, the dress doesn't make you look fat, you just are fat." mentality.

Oh well.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, we have ..
The history of the USA is as full of attrocities as Hitler and Christianity.

Like the Genocide of the Native Americans which continued non-stop as a government sanctioned doctrine until 1890. After 1890 they were forced into concentration camps instead of murdering them wholesale.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:

By voting against marriage equality or saying that you would vote against it, you are trying to deny people rights.
When have I done that? Why do you insinuate that I have?

I really don't give a shit if gays get married.
Even if homosexuality was a choice, religion is definitely a choice; why do you think that gives you the right to try and deny people their rights?
I haven't tried to deny anyone any rights, so I CAN'T answer that question.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they know "husband & wife" is normal and they're pretending to be.
<quoted text>
Yes. The truth hurts sometimes.
I firmly believe in "No honey, the dress doesn't make you look fat, you just are fat." mentality.
Oh well.
I see.. do women hit you with chairs a lot?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:

The fact that gay people exist, the fact that it is seen across most species in nature as well, proves you wrong. For if we were all born straight, we'd all be straight.

Not so. We are all (for the most part) born alive. Some people choose to stop living. Of we're all born alive, we'd all have to stay alive (not commit suicide).
You invalidate your own claims.

Says you.
Can YOU choose to be attracted to the same sex right now?
Yes, anyone can. I choose not to. You choose to.
Can YOU fall in love with another of the same sex at this exact moment?
No. Neither can you. Falling in love takes time, often a long time.
No? Then you can't choose to be gay.
Yes? Well congratulations, you are bisexual.
You're pitifully trying to insult me. It isn't working.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

675 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 5 min Shane 38
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Aura Mytha 224,197
Satan the Devil: Spiritual Father of homosexuals 7 min Doctor REALITY 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Regina 532,836
Homosexuals are an embarrassment to their families 9 min Doctor REALITY 5
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 17 min sijo 407
Last Word + 2 21 min Rosie 101
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr pusherman_ 720,567
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 256,529
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lisw 172,402
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr Reshi 76
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••