Comments
510,321 - 510,340 of 599,869 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#531863 May 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post. You've hit the nail on the head. And not surprisingly, it is an unbeliever - you - objecting.
You may get a little lip service out of the Christians if you've embarrassed them enough with this,
But clearly, as a collective, they care much less than unbelievers about such matters, which supports my point that if a Western demagogue wants to manufacture support for a genocide or any other moral horror, he can't do better than to have an overwhelmingly Christians nation to work with. They may mouth the word "love" a lot, but that kind of "love" is worthless.
These are people that are raised to think that anything authority commands is moral as long as they trust the authority, and they trust almost anybody that claims to be a Christian or carries a bible - like Hitler and Bush.
And what difference does it make what people like Hitler and Bush really believe about Jesus? What matters is what their audiences believed. The Christians believed that they were anointed by their god in their holy struggles.
But Lucy ...all you did was run away.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#531864 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why would you ask me to prove vampires don't exist?
<quoted text>
To teach you something. Did it work?
Yes, that you dodge questions.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#531865 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
No, Dimwit. It contradicted you, and almost in your own words with the word "not" added.
<quoted text>
You're unteachable, aren't you? I thought that I just explained to you that addiction isn't "physical" ("physiological" is the correct word), it's psychological. Addiction is self-destructive behavior distinct from physiological dependence.
Let's try this one more time, Dimwit. From http://addictionscience.net/b2evolution/blog1...
"The terms drug dependence and drug addiction are often used interchangeably, but this practice ... contributes to misunderstanding the underlying causes of substance use.
"[D]rug addiction refers to a behavioral syndrome where the procurement and use of a drug seem to dominate the individual's motivation and where the normal constraints on the individual's behavior seem largely ineffective. Inherent in this definition is the overwhelmingly powerful motivation to obtain and self-administer the drug.
"Drug dependence ... refers to a state where the individual is dependent upon the drug for normal physiological functioning. Abstinence from the drug produces withdrawal reactions which constitute the only evidence for dependence."
No "doctor" can be this stupid

You think addiction isn't physical? Especially opiate addiction which we were specifically talking about?

It was one thing for you not to know Ritalin has the adverse affect on adults

It was one thing to claim you gave ten percent of your money to a church where you knew the priest was stealing the money for himself

But for a "doctor" not to know opiate addiction is both physical and mental? WOW. Either you were about as bad and ignorant of a doctor and Christian as one can be when you claimed to be one or you simply are a bigger fraud than I thought. Considering the patients it would have affected, I actually find myself rooting for the latter.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#531866 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A denomination.
What is a "denomination" ?

"Christianity" is made up of 38,000 different "groups" most of whom do not consider the others Christians.

The Only "Christian Denominations" that have existed since 400 AD are the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches. All the rest are heretical and NOT "real Christians".

Of course even the Roman and Orthodox Churches are not even closely related to the Jewish cult begun by Jesus and a few other Jews in the first cent. AD.

Location hidden

#531867 May 9, 2013

You and the Dimwit really don't like that, do you?

Honestly, I don't really care that much - which is why I made a joke out of it.
It's not in your best interest that we identify with one another as a group with common goals, is it?
Oh, quite the opposite. I understand that you freethinkers need each other to tell each other how to freethink just right.
A few of you also work diligently to try to keep any two of us from supporting one another, even as you high five one another with an "Amen, brother".
HA HA !!! Are you freakin kidding me? You think that when we agree, it's stopping you from freethinking together?

Dude....
How's that working out for you?
Eh. I like Prilosec better.
Thanks.
You're a hypocrite, brother.
Another baseless claim.

Location hidden

#531868 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The Christian church.
Anyway, you must have inadvertently diverted the discussion and in doing so, unwittingly evaded answering the question. I don't feel like rolling this boulder up hill for you any more, so I'll just answer it for you:
Your church is despised because people apparently find it despicable, and the world contains no more devils in it than it does vampires.
Which Christian church?

Why do you assume there's only one?

What church? I've told you a hundred times that I don't have one.

Location hidden

#531869 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice detective work.
Really? You call that detective work? HA!

You must've missed this part:

"others who did not belong to the "Aryan race"...and religious dissidents, i.e. members of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#531870 May 9, 2013
OPIATE ADDICTION

"Opiate Dependency is a PHYSICAL illness involving a central nervous system disorder caused by long-term opiate intake."

"Opiate addiction is recognized as a central nervous system disorder, caused by continuous opiate intake.

After prolonged opiate use, the nerve cells in the brain, which would otherwise produce endogenous opiates (natural painkillers, or endorphins), cease to function normally. The body stops producing endorphins because it is receiving opiates instead. The degeneration of these nerve cells causes a physical dependency to an external supply of opiates. Abrupt or sudden abstinence from opiates induces yet another traumatic disorder - withdrawal syndrome."

http://www.opiates.com/opiate-addiction.html

MEDICAL DICTIONARY

Drug addiction

a condition characterized by an overwhelming desire to continue taking a drug to which one has become habituated through repeated consumption because it produces a particular effect, usually an alteration of mental status. Addiction is usually accompanied by a compulsion to obtain the drug, a tendency to increase the dose, a psychological or PHYSICAL dependence, and detrimental consequences for the individual and society.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.c...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#531871 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably a fair number.
But how many if those were killed by US forces?
How many by Iraqi forces?(You DO know Iraqi soldiers are well known for murdering Iraqi civilians, right?)
How many Iraqi & Kuwaiti citizens have Iraqis killed?
Do you care or do you just wanna paint the US as "evildoers"?
In 2010 alone, 13,000 civilians were killed by NATO forces:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualt...

This lends support to the 130,000/10year figure.

Don't worry RR, they were worthless godless Muslim towelheads that deserved to die anyway.

"Gott Mit Uns!"

“Love much, trust none”

There

#531872 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh... I know...
And one of the "various" reasons is because they were Christian....
Are you stupid, ignorant or just love to lie ?

There is no evidence whatsoever that Nazis ever targeted anyone simply because they were Christians.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#531873 May 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Nah, most people whether they believe in God or not try to do the right thing simply because it is the right thing
Disagree. I just saw this minutes ago:

nurface wrote: "Where is it you get your "compassion" from? I means since you claim there is no God, how can you say there is any "good or bad" "right or wrong" in anybody?"

And he wrote it immediately after reading this, confirming its implication:

IANS: "We already know why most of you don't go wilding and berserking. The answer is related to the fact that you have no idea why we don't."

I see this quite frequently, which is why I was able to predict it.
Skombolis wrote:
You can't relate to leaning on someone else for strength because you don't have it in you to trust or love other people more than you do yourself. You certainly would never leave something as important as your fate in the hands of another.
You seem to count self-reliance as a fault, and dependency the opposite. I don't need much help from anybody for strength. All I ask of them is to be kind, and either interesting, funny, or both.

And I doubt that you know anything about love, either.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#531874 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ah...
So "people are born straight" is just as ridiculous as "people are born gay".
Thanks.
Now go tell your friends.
Both of those claims are currently untestable.

I didn't say they were ridiculous. People may be born with a stronger inclination towards one sex or another, but as soon as they have life experience, that life experience becomes an inexorable factor. Sexual orientation is probably decided, in the vast majority of cases, prior to the time when a person feels any sexual attraction at all.

Your claim, that homosexuality is a choice, is ridiculous.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#531875 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. We were enjoying our freedom and celebrating the fact that our beloved troops were risking their lives to give freedom to the Iraqis.
Problem?
.. too bad the 112,329 to 122,886 civilians who lost their lives can't celebrate that freedom ..

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

.. if you happen to come across a Muslim woman cradling her dead child in her arms, what do you say to her ??..

“Love much, trust none”

There

#531876 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You call that detective work? HA!
You must've missed this part:
"others who did not belong to the "Aryan race"...and religious dissidents, i.e. members of Jehovah's Witnesses"
But Christians here say JWs and Mormons aren't Christians.

So now they are.

When did God change his mind ?

Location hidden

#531877 May 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
By Nazis? Yes.
<quoted text>
No. America doesn't condone or practice religious persecution.
<quoted text>
.. do we dare compare the response of WW II era German Christians with today's generation of American Christians ??..
.. as of two months ago, U.S. drone attacks have killed 22 terrorists; unfortunately, 800 innocent civilians also lost their lives, you know, collateral damage. Many were children ..
http://www.policymic.com/articles/24164/a-lis...
.. I'm not hearing much of a public outcry from our Christian nation ..
.. did German Christians even care about the senseless killing of gypsies, gays, JW's or Jews? Do American Christians even care about the senseless killing of Muslim children ??..
SPECIAL REQUEST
If you respond to this post, please compare the American Christian response with that of the German citizens during Hitler's reign of terror. This is not about 'left'-vs-'right' but, about the morality of the American Christian response to the senseless murder of innocents.
Americans sacrificed a lot for the war effort in WWII. Everything, every resource we had went to the war effort first, civilians second. We have everything we had to save the people of Europe from the Nazis.

Death is a part of war. Sometimes innocent people get killed, too. America isn't in the business of murdering innocents. We try our damnedest to only kill combatant targets, that doesn't always work.

Look at how many innocents had to die in Japan in WWII just to get the Empire to surrender and stop fighting.

Additionally, why are you pinpointing Christians when you ask about death in war?

Location hidden

#531878 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Good post. You've hit the nail on the head. And not surprisingly, it is an unbeliever - you - objecting.
You may get a little lip service out of the Christians if you've embarrassed them enough with this,
But clearly, as a collective, they care much less than unbelievers about such matters, which supports my point that if a Western demagogue wants to manufacture support for a genocide or any other moral horror, he can't do better than to have an overwhelmingly Christians nation to work with. They may mouth the word "love" a lot, but that kind of "love" is worthless.
These are people that are raised to think that anything authority commands is moral as long as they trust the authority, and they trust almost anybody that claims to be a Christian or carries a bible - like Hitler and Bush.
And what difference does it make what people like Hitler and Bush really believe about Jesus? What matters is what their audiences believed. The Christians believed that they were anointed by their god in their holy struggles.
OMG.... Do you know of any Christians that think Bush was anointed by God???

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#531879 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA has never done anything like Hitler did, moron.
.. yes, we have ..

Location hidden

#531880 May 9, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Wonder if its our tax dollars at work?
LOL

I hope not.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#531881 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Good point. I'll tell you where the Christians were. Toby Keith concerts, waving flags, calling for their god to bless America and her troops, and jeering liberal activists like Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, and The Dixie Chicks.
Not surprisingly, the Christians were moral putty.
And that, of course, was the original point. If you want to demagogue a people in the West, you really can't do better than have a Christian nation. Imagine a nation like the secularists posting here recently. Which of us would you expect would be led around like that or cheer war?
A nation of secularists or a nation of believers? When it comes to rabble-rousing and war, you can pretty much count on the believers.

Toby Keith was a new name for me so I googled him. I'm glad he's over there and not over here.

Location hidden

#531882 May 9, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody should tell my wife, lol. Nah skip that. A bigoted person told me she can't live as she does. It's been almost 15 years so I'm thinking a person can change the path they are on, thank God.
Yes, sexual preferences and orientations can change.

This is why we get "gay" people that have been married and have kids, then after 25 years of a heterosexual marriage, sex and lifestyle, they are all of a sudden "always been gay"....

Whatever.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min WasteWater 257,911
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 538,883
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 226,311
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,869
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Jim Justice 117,963
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min Neelakaran 5,311
Last Word + 2 18 min Doug77 497
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 30 min dduttonnc 94,663
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••