Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#531902 May 9, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
A nation of secularists or a nation of believers? When it comes to rabble-rousing and war, you can pretty much count on the believers.
Toby Keith was a new name for me so I googled him. I'm glad he's over there and not over here.
Toby Keith did a lot for our troops. He lifted their spirits and strengthened all of our American pride.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#531903 May 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Datsun roadster. Completely restored to showroom condition.
Others are 6-series BMW and Mustang GT.
Years ago I had a Fiat 124 Spider.
I like the 240-280Zs neat cars.
Never was fond of 'Stangs or Beemers but I did have 320i that lasted 250K miles.

The 124 spider was beautiful car. Ferrari even dropped a V6 in one to make the first Dino.

Is your Datsun a 1500, 1600 or 2000 ?

Classic car from before Japanese cars were popular in the US.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#531904 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A denomination is a recognized, autonomous branch of Christianity.
I wudda thunk you knewed that.
ROFLMAO

Recognized by who ? God ?

You are a hoot.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#531905 May 9, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The claim is unfalsifiable, RR.
Do you know what that means?
I don't have to debunk it. It's defunct.
Yes, not capable of being proved false.

Great. Then your notion that you can and do defunct my posts is also unfalsifiable, making it also defunct.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#531906 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You call that detective work? HA!
You must've missed this part:
"others who did not belong to the "Aryan race"...and religious dissidents, i.e. members of Jehovah's Witnesses"
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
But Christians here say JWs and Mormons aren't Christians.
So now they are.
When did God change his mind ?
.. JW's would not serve in the military. That's why they were targeted ..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#531907 May 9, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiritual speakin;
Oh I see cap,I distrubed your comfort zone.
Hummm as in moth to the flame.
Hummm as in scent to seed of thought.
Ancient voices echoeing out of times of the past.
Whispering in the winds of your comfort zone.
No sis, I don't think you disturbed my comfort zone.
If you did, and make me think, it is probably a good thing.
:)

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#531908 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Toby Keith did a lot for our troops. He lifted their spirits and strengthened all of our American pride.
Ok. Kind of like Bob Hope and Jane Fonda visiting the troops in Vietnam.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#531909 May 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the 240-280Zs neat cars.
Never was fond of 'Stangs or Beemers but I did have 320i that lasted 250K miles.
The 124 spider was beautiful car. Ferrari even dropped a V6 in one to make the first Dino.
Is your Datsun a 1500, 1600 or 2000 ?
Classic car from before Japanese cars were popular in the US.
It's a 1968, 1600cc, silver.

I have entered it in several car shows.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#531910 May 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No "doctor" can be this stupid
You think addiction isn't physical? Especially opiate addiction which we were specifically talking about?
It was one thing for you not to know Ritalin has the adverse affect on adults
It was one thing to claim you gave ten percent of your money to a church where you knew the priest was stealing the money for himself
But for a "doctor" not to know opiate addiction is both physical and mental? WOW. Either you were about as bad and ignorant of a doctor and Christian as one can be when you claimed to be one or you simply are a bigger fraud than I thought. Considering the patients it would have affected, I actually find myself rooting for the latter.
You might be surprised. When I was young I had a condition that meant I saw many doctors growing up. They are just people and the better ones have wisdom. The guy posting here has none. Hate? He has that in spades.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#531911 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I hope not.
Read and weep. This is at a time when the White House is closed to tours and airports around the nation have atc cutbacks.

http://philly.barstoolsports.com/around-barst...

With Established Harem

#531912 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans sacrificed a lot for the war effort in WWII. Everything, every resource we had went to the war effort first, civilians second. We have everything we had to save the people of Europe from the Nazis.
.. don't forget the UK, Australia, Canada and many other countries that contributed to the war effort ..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Death is a part of war. Sometimes innocent people get killed, too. America isn't in the business of murdering innocents.
.. then, explain why drones are killing 10 civilians for each enemy combatant ..

http://www.policymic.com/articles/24164/a-lis...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Additionally, why are you pinpointing Christians when you ask about death in war?
.. I am comparing modern America to Nazi Germany, both Christian nations. Where were the protests when America nearly exterminated Native Americans? How about the current drone killings of civilians ??..

.. here's my point: if morals are the privy of Christians, they're not doing a very good job ..

.. who has protested human rights violations during the past 12 years of war? Who pickets Wall Street? Most importantly, who is silencing these voices ??..

.. no matter how immoral, Christians seem to support any action taken on the War on Terror, including yourself. Have you voiced any moral outrage over the drone or Iraq civilian casualties? It seems people only find excuses to justify the killing of innocents ..

.. please do not interpret this post as a condemnation of your beliefs. It seems apparent that Christians in both Germany and America have failed and continue to fail to protest the immorality of their leaders ..

.. that's not what Jesus taught. We can do better ..

With Established Harem

#531913 May 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your baby is burning in Hell, you demon of Satan!"
.. you just might be correct ..

With Established Harem

#531914 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, to imply that one is bigoted is also implying that they're intolerant and have a superior attitude that their opinion is correct. That ain't me.
I'm so plying trying to point out that the whole "born gay" notion is bullshit.
You are gay, yes?
So you say..... You've had sex and intimate relationships with men. You've had a child from natural sex with a man.
How the hell is that gay?
.. you continue to claim being gay is a choice. Many times, I have told you that truth: that for some that's true, for others, not so much. You refuse to accept that fact ..

.. as for how my child was conceived, that information is private ..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How the hell is a person that's supposedly "born that way" defy their "natural born instincts"???
.. exactly ..

With Established Harem

#531915 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like what?
.. Native Americans, Hiroshima, Nagasaki ..

.. need more ??..

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#531916 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen you prove me wrong.
Or prove yourself right.
Imagine that.
You haven't asked me for any evidence, so I haven't given any.
You haven't even defended your claims with validity, namely, you made empty claims that have no evidence to back them up.
Scratch that, you never defended your claims in the first place, only dodged and created straw men arguments.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#531917 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with plumbing parts there are male & female parts...
One of you, you & your fiancé, is feminine.
So only females have butts.
Glad to see you make even more of a fool out of yourself.

I also fixed your quote a bit to reflect a fact and not your disillusioned thoughts. Try to see whether you can pick up the change.

With Established Harem

#531918 May 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No "doctor" can be this stupid
You think addiction isn't physical? Especially opiate addiction which we were specifically talking about?
It was one thing for you not to know Ritalin has the adverse affect on adults
It was one thing to claim you gave ten percent of your money to a church where you knew the priest was stealing the money for himself
But for a "doctor" not to know opiate addiction is both physical and mental? WOW. Either you were about as bad and ignorant of a doctor and Christian as one can be when you claimed to be one or you simply are a bigger fraud than I thought. Considering the patients it would have affected, I actually find myself rooting for the latter.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be surprised. When I was young I had a condition that meant I saw many doctors growing up. They are just people and the better ones have wisdom. The guy posting here has none. Hate? He has that in spades.
.. this is a good example of the 'piling on' done by Christians in this forum ..

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#531919 May 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post. You've hit the nail on the head. And not surprisingly, it is an unbeliever - you - objecting.
You may get a little lip service out of the Christians if you've embarrassed them enough with this,
But clearly, as a collective, they care much less than unbelievers about such matters, which supports my point that if a Western demagogue wants to manufacture support for a genocide or any other moral horror, he can't do better than to have an overwhelmingly Christians nation to work with. They may mouth the word "love" a lot, but that kind of "love" is worthless.
These are people that are raised to think that anything authority commands is moral as long as they trust the authority, and they trust almost anybody that claims to be a Christian or carries a bible - like Hitler and Bush.
And what difference does it make what people like Hitler and Bush really believe about Jesus? What matters is what their audiences believed. The Christians believed that they were anointed by their god in their holy struggles.
only prob with this whole dialogue is THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A CHRISTIAN NATION. every last one of them are pagan and atheist at their core.

once upon a time, there was a literal and geographic nation built on a Covenant and consequent statutes of the God of Heaven and Earth, but it was flawed and meant to instruct the entire human race of the fullfillment of it through a suffering Savior which even the Covenant participants failed to reckognize.

so here we are again, failing to reckognize God's New and Perfect Covenant ratified through His very own Blood!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#531920 May 9, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
When did God tell us to branch out into infinity religions and kill in His name? That's what I'd like to know...
God didn't do that. The people did. It was the act of those who knew that the administers of the central church in Rome were blatantly lying about the Jesus they corrupted and turned into a "star wars idol". However, it was too late. The truth of the message was already all but lost, and most of the contemporary writings of his message were destroyed and burned. All that was left at the time was corrupted and adulterated by lying greedy "bishops"-loyal to the "theocracy".

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#531921 May 9, 2013
I'd just like to say that I was sorry to hear about the recent death of Ray Harryhausen.

I was actually moved very slightly.

Then I was moved very slightly again.

Then I was....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gen. Mattis Is Trump's SecDef Pick. Why That Is... 1 min Moans6157 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Clearwater 88,497
The Orwellian War on Skepticism 5 min Mistress7095 2
Quote of the Day: There's No Such Thing as Fact... 9 min Dolly6807 2
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 14 min Sparks2099 2,062
Bruce Lee practising Wing Chun in San Francisco 18 min Humps1995 2
News Sean Hannity offers to fly Obama to Kenya - and... 26 min Areola4913 5
girls how many gangbangs have you had (Feb '15) 1 hr Linda 69 104
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ2 284,696
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 45,864
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Luke Whitaker 977,507
More from around the web