Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#531801 May 9, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you doing Lar....Did it finally stop snowing in your area......:-)
Try to behave today.....LOL
Yes, finally......Its just about all gone.

Do I have to.....
:0(

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#531802 May 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice detective work.
Thanks.

All I did is read his reference.

lol

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#531803 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You've stated in the past that you would vote against equality.

I have?!

I wish I would've told myself that.
So you are attempting to deny people their rights.
You are a simple one, aren't you?
You can't even understand basic English.
Yes, it is pretty simple.

I'm a Christian so you automatically assume what my positions are on SSM and people's rights...

You're an assumptive one, aincha?

Ever thought about ASKING what a person's opinion is before assuming it?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#531804 May 9, 2013
so then you wait until Jesus become a military ruler to call him Messiah. you think you will live that long?
[QUOTE who="G_O_D"]<quot ed text>
Then he isn't the Messiah, yet.
When a man is elected president, he is called president, not a second before that.
But God has always been God. And Jesus was still part of the GodHead Triune when he was on the earth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531805 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course that's absurd, because that's not even close to what I said.
Do you always play "broken telephone" with yourself by reading posts aloud and then purposely ignoring your own voice?
No, it's not what you said. It's what I said.

That's why the post started with "RiversideRedneck wrote"

Derp.

But that's the "finding".... It's disputable and stupid.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531806 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:

http://articles.courant.com/1998-03-03/news/9...
If you Google "lesbian inner ear," you can find many more articles on it. It is one of many evidences that hint that homosexuality is not a choice.
Yes, an intriguing "study" lol.

Why is it then, that lesbians aren't attracted to the same type of women that men are...

I mean, the "study" says the inner ear on lesbians is the same as men - what's with all the bull dykes?
A fun fact:
Gay men, on average, have bigger penises than heterosexual men, on average.
HARRUMPH...

Another "study", no doubt.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531807 May 9, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claim probably isn't falsifiable.
It currently is not. It may never be.
It's equal to the claim that cloud shapes make people gay.
It's good enough just to counter your baseless assertion with an opposing one. But I could go farther than that.
I won't. I don't think there is anyone in here that can accept the logical position that hasn't already.
Ah...

So "people are born straight" is just as ridiculous as "people are born gay".

Thanks.

Now go tell your friends.

#531808 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe you can get Bush back. Maybe if he had just had more time.
We'd be a hell of a lot better off..........But term limits are good things all in all.

People like Boots and Lacez dont like Bush because of the Wars. But his policies were for the most part good policies, and the wars are NOT the reason we are in the mess we are in.

Thats about all I care to get into it here. Lacez and Boots are misinformed, but there hatred will never let them see it. Much more comfortable to blame the man they hate for EVERYTHING........

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531809 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is quite the special one, is he not?
I haven't seen you prove me wrong.

Or prove yourself right.

Imagine that.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#531811 May 9, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
I believe only in Mercy and grace Eph 1;2-12,2;8-9
I don't, at least not in the Christian senses of the words, which mean forgiveness for being human. I don't need mercy, and I still don't know what grace is in the Christian sense except another word for mercy.

If anybody in that story needs to repent, it's the god. If anybody in the bible needs forgiveness for his moral failings, it's the one that built hell.
dr Shrink wrote:
His underserved kindness of Supreme power of all Universes( Bible call this power G-D HaShem Yahveh-Ehyeh-Ashe-Ehyeh)
It's disheartening to see you call that kindness. Almost everybody I know is kinder than that. I wonder how many people I know would sentence somebody to hell? Of those, how many would go for eternity without ever pardoning them?

Aren't you a nicer person than that? I am.
dr Shrink wrote:
my criteria is 0% world christian wicked double snake churches christianity immoral criterias
I'm sire that that is an excellent criterion, whatever it means.
dr Shrink wrote:
be good boy,and never worry my negative harsh remarks.
I don't mind them so much from you, but your remarks hurt your credibility.
Clearwater

Puyallup, WA

#531812 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, an intriguing "study" lol.
Why is it then, that lesbians aren't attracted to the same type of women that men are...
I mean, the "study" says the inner ear on lesbians is the same as men - what's with all the bull dykes?
<quoted text>
HARRUMPH...
Another "study", no doubt.
Wonder if its our tax dollars at work?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531813 May 9, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is good for providing common misconceptions for rational skeptics to explain and debunk.
I've also been studying him and a few others, but that's all top secret. Shhhhh!
He's usually a good sport though.
People are not born gay.

Debunk that, freethinker.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#531814 May 9, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Yes........the same right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness like everyone else, NOT the right to do those things that are not convenient that God has never ordained.
You just don't get it, do you? We don't care what you think your god ordained. We don't care what Jesus thinks. So why do you keep offering that as an argument to unbelievers? It's like talking to a child or a demented person. You just don't seem to be able to assimilate that some people don't believe that stuff.
Clearwater

Puyallup, WA

#531815 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I miss the evidence of that?
Provide evidence that people are born gay.
Or admit that it's your opinion that they are.
Somebody should tell my wife, lol. Nah skip that. A bigoted person told me she can't live as she does. It's been almost 15 years so I'm thinking a person can change the path they are on, thank God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531816 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
We're two men.
There is no femininity about that.
We have only the manliest times.
Even with plumbing parts there are male & female parts...

One of you, you & your "fiancé", is feminine.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531817 May 9, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
The two gay guys that I know , call one-- my WIFE---why is that?
Because they know "husband & wife" is normal and they're pretending to be.

#531818 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I think I see a solution to your problem. Try the other party again. If that fails, go back to this party. If that fails, try another Republican. Failing that, another Democrat. Then another Republican.
Eventually, that's got to work, right?
I'm an Indie, so I vote for the best person for the job. I dont vote Party line.

Breifly the problem is a Congress thats not held accountable. Both parties have money, and control who gets the support from their party, who gets the power in their party etc..

The system is broke. I'm sticking around to do what I can to fix it. You ran away from it. I dont much care what you or a couple misinformed Canadiens think..........

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#531819 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I miss the evidence of that?
Provide evidence that people are born gay.
Or admit that it's your opinion that they are.
well...in fairness what evidence is there to support your statement that all people are born straight?

Well scientifically in some circles it has been said sexual orientation can be determined as early as 3 years old, it may be one of those things nobody is ever going to be able to prove one way or the other as far as if someone is born a certain way

But lacking specific proof, there are some questions I think people can ask themselves such as:

When they first felt attraction, was it involuntary or did they decide what sex to be attracted to?

Did people weigh out the pros and cons of being sexually involved with both sexes and make the wiser social choice for themselves or did they just follow their natural inclination?

Sure people for a variety of reasons can do things against their nature. People who are gay before accepting it may have tried to be straight. Someone in prison may decide the sexual release is more important than their natural orientation. Or a small minority of people may even be capable of going from one sex to the other or changing from gay to straight all together. There will always be exceptions to the rule

But IMO anyway, the general rule is people don't decide who they are attracted to, be it men or women or what type of men or women. It is just something inherent in their makeup

But my main point was to say neither side of this issue can state with a certainty. Which is why I look at it the same way I do abortion. We may never be able to prove scientifically 100% that life starts with conception. But for the fact that we can't say it doesn't either is why I would rather err on the side of caution. And if people may be born gay, then to discriminate against them for that to me would be wrong. personally I can't see why anyone would choose to be gay. I see no benefit to it. But how someone is born or who they are doesn't interest me in general that much anyway. My main concern is, are the hurting other people? If the answer is NO then they barely show up on my radar with all the other problems in society

I know i kind of jumped in here and added a lot which wasn't even part of the discussion. But for me it is all connected so I wanted to explain where i was coming from

(T) Peace

#531820 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now I get it, you were looking in the mirror when you said it!
You were lovingly talking to yourself about your bean-sized brain.
How old are you Lacez?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#531821 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...
So "people are born straight" is just as ridiculous as "people are born gay".
Thanks.
Now go tell your friends.
When did you choose not to be gay ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min USA Born 596,451
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Aura Mytha 855,190
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 44 min Angry Bella ITA 40,711
___FEDs Funding ISIS w Your Taxes! 1 hr Rumorz 3
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 100,754
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Halle Berry Sister 2,646
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 6,149
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr I Am No One_ 444,356
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr -Alan S Shole- 1,026
More from around the web