“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#531731 May 9, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>What's ignorant and ridiculous is for you to disingenuously say that I was comparing the death of Iraqi civilians to the Holocaust, when you know full well I referring to how American Christians didn't speak out against the killings.

But then making straw men seems to be what you do.

When I referred to the fact that the vast majority of German Christians did not speak out against Hitler, you came back with a post about non-german Christians.

You really need to learn keep your focus.
He's not really good at that.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#531732 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
And then you do this whole "it's a fact" thing, as if saying so makes it so.
You can't insult properly AND you tell lies all the time.
Like the good little not-Christian you are.
Again........thank you.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#531733 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Re-read your own question over and over until you get the answer.
Hint: two times the man.
What is really tragic herew, is that you believe your own sick philosophies, you regurgitate your own filth filled vomit.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#531734 May 9, 2013
Khatru wrote:
Interesting points on the Iraq War.

Where were the demonstrations? Why didn't Christians protest en masse and speak out against the death and carnage being visited on the Iraqi people.
Unlike Nazi Germany, they could easily speak out without fear of retribution.
Good point. I'll tell you where the Christians were. Toby Keith concerts, waving flags, calling for their god to bless America and her troops, and jeering liberal activists like Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, and The Dixie Chicks.

Not surprisingly, the Christians were moral putty.

And that, of course, was the original point. If you want to demagogue a people in the West, you really can't do better than have a Christian nation. Imagine a nation like the secularists posting here recently. Which of us would you expect would be led around like that or cheer war?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#531735 May 9, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Skombolis, I like that.
It awes me to think that the creator of all things, God, would put something on my heart to do and be helping me to do it. Would be opening doors (a way for me). And making sure no one closed those doors (was able to prevent me from doing it) so I could do it
Here is what Matthew Henry’s Commentary has to say about Revelation 3:7-13:
Revelation 3:7-13 The same Lord Jesus has the key of government and authority in and over the church. He opens a door of opportunity to his churches; he opens a door of utterance to his ministers; he opens a door of entrance, opens the heart. He shuts the door of heaven against the foolish, who sleep away their day of grace; and against the workers of iniquity, how vain and confident soever they may be. The church in Philadelphia is commended; yet with a gentle reproof. Although Christ accepts a little strength, yet believers must not rest satisfied in a little, but strive to grow in grace, to be strong in faith, giving glory to God. Christ can discover this his favour to his people, so that their enemies shall be forced to acknowledge it. This, by the grace of Christ, will soften their enemies, and make them desire to be admitted into communion with his people. Christ promises preserving grace in the most trying times, as the reward of past faithfulness; To him that hath shall be given. Those who keep the gospel in a time of peace, shall be kept by Christ in an hour of temptation; and the same Divine grace that has made them fruitful in times of peace, will make them faithful in times of persecution. Christ promises a glorious reward to the victorious believer. He shall be a monumental pillar in the temple of God; a monument of the free and powerful grace of God; a monument that shall never be defaced or removed. On this pillar shall be written the new name of Christ; by this will appear, under whom the believer fought the good fight, and came off victorious.
I found it interesting anyway
:)
Thank HFN!

I found that interesting as well

Revelation is one of my favorite books yet probably the one I have the most difficulty with in terms of understanding. A lot of symbolism and prophesy and it takes a lot of additional knowledge of the bible to understand. For me personally I try not to use commentaries too much just to ensure I am not substituting what someone else has come to as a conclusion for my own. But they can be very helpful as far as filling in some blanks or giving us some added info and related verses. Anyway, that is my general rule. When it comes to Revelation I use them more than probably all the other books combined and this one was particularly helpful. I did not think the first time reading about the authority between God and those in power in governemnt

I had seen that in Romans

Romans 13:1
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

But did not think to connect that to the verses we were talking about in Revelation.

So thanks again and this is why I enjoy these discussions because I never know when I will learn from someone else and what discussions will prompt further study. I appreciate the time you took and it was helpful

(T) Peace

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#531737 May 9, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Pam. No, I don't know what happened. I had a very busy day. I stopped in a few times but didn't get home from the day's racing around until around 10pm. And I don't know who Kait is. Unless you're talking about the wolf witch or whatever the name is. But, like I said, I stopped in a few times. I skimmed through but didn't read much. I wish there wasn't all of the hurting and hate in the world. I have read several of HFN's posts in the past. Her posts indicate she is pretty solid in her beliefs. As I would with anyone, if I saw the need to step in and defuse or redirect something towards me to give someone relief, I would have done so. No matter if we shared the same beliefs or not. So, surely if I had seen HFN in a bind, I would have joined the conversation. Did she hold up OK?
It was toward the wolf witch....She saw HFN's heart....There was sharing and respect...HFN wasn't in a bind....She takes care of herself very well....

Have a great day Bernie

Location hidden

#531738 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you claim that people have not the right to ask any questions.
Way to go there Skom, attempting to deny the basic right of freedom of speech!
I never said you didn't have the right to exercise your freedom of speech. I said you had no right to make assumptions about someone's morality who always posts in a loving manner simply because they choose not to publicly refute everything they may not agree with. Different strokes for different folks.

I am going to say this in as nice a way as possible but I believe you to be a younger poster and not quite up for these discussions. You don't seem to grasp even the most basic points of what is being discussed. How you could think in the post prior to this last one that my issue was with people who disagree with hate or in this last one think I am claiming you don't have a right to free speech is beyond me. Or maybe you understand and simply in lea of having the maturity to accept you didn't understand something you will instead keep throwing out red herrings. Either way it is a posting style very common to Topix unfortunately and very boring to me. If i have you wrong, I am sure time will tell

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#531739 May 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
By Nazis? Yes.
<quoted text>
No. America doesn't condone or practice religious persecution.
Wrong, the were imprisoned and killed for a variety of reasons, NOT because they were Christians.

So Hitler imprisoning and killing people who happened to be Christian was persecution, but USA doing the same thing isn't persecution.

Sometimes you make sense RR, sometimes you don't. This time you don't.

The blood of 6 million Jews is still on Christianity's hands.
All your apologetics won't wash it away.

Location hidden

#531740 May 9, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.....I baked you a cake....Get it outta my site so I won't eat it.....
LOL
LOL

I will leave you a small piece! Then I will be more than happy to remove the temptation...which of course I am doing solely for you and not because I want to eat the rest of it myself! I also am available to remove the temptation of money for anyone that requires my services!

:)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#531741 May 9, 2013
O' tay....Steppin out to enjoy this 85 degree day...

B
Y
E

“Love much, trust none”

There

#531742 May 9, 2013
There have been 120,000 civilian non-combatants killed in Irag during the 10 years of USA warfare.

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Us well, two of your 'sources' are clearly biased and untrustworthy.
Aside from that, how many of the Iraqis killed were non-combatants? How many Iraqis were killed because of accident, bad intel, bad judgement, etc?
Additionally, how many Iraqi non-combatants have been killed by Iraqi forces? Ever wonder that?
For you to simply call it 'slaughter' and compare it to the holocaust is absolutely ignorant and ridiculous.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#531743 May 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think I am judging someone for eating a dog? The world is indeed bigger than we think ~ but like I said, cuddle a dog for comfort, they are amazing sources of non conditional love, unless of course, you have to eat it.
Ever had a pet cow, pig, sheep or goat ?

Many people do. They say the same thing about their pets.

"Never give names to your food." - farmer's advice

“Love much, trust none”

There

#531744 May 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>What part of your postings are you forgetting you wrote? Maybe keep notes so you don't forget....
Please stop lying about me.

I am not a Christian and do not believe in your deities.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#531745 May 9, 2013
hick-up wrote:
I prefer to think for myself, draw my own conclusions [...] But make no mistake, I do believe in a higher power.
Way to go, Mr. Thinker. Electricity is a higher power. So is gravity.

Location hidden

#531746 May 9, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you raised by a woman?
Was there a man in your childhood?
A constant companion, someone to teach you to shake it before putting it back in your pants, someone that let you experience grease for yourself ...teach you to tie on a fish hook, ride a bike ...overcome your fear and take your ball back from the bully.
Did you have this person?
Because you talk like someone snooty, someone that wasn't allowed to play in the mud ...someone that throws a ball like a girl.
Bullsyeye

What is just as telling was his admission he would "probably not" ever talk the way he does on Topix to people in real life. It wasn't even a "yes" or "no" as he would have to be in the actual situation first to know for certain. I doubt he has ever had the guts to mix it up on any level. To skin a knee or bruise a knuckle or to speak his mind anywhere other than from the safety afforded by an anonymous chat-room.

In some cases I could see feeling bad for him. A grown man in such need of validation is just sad. But that he is such a pompous bigot towards most of the population while ironically calling himself a humanist makes it harder to feel sympathy for him. He thinks his faux intellectualism gives him some sort of superiority. Many of the people here at bare minimum are his equal intellectually. It is why he is so afraid to get into anything other than a few subjects and why he looks like a thesaurus throwing out big words when he misspells one to make sure people understand it was a typo. His entire identity and self-concept rests on the perception that people look up to him. But a few sycophants isn't reality

At the end of the day I think he knows exactly what he is. And that is why he hates as many people as he does. If it wasn't religion I am sure it would be something else. His own patients sounded like an imposition. I doubt this guy could count on one hand the people he has ever cared about over himself.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#531747 May 9, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>.....
The only one Jesus has not fulfilled yet is the great military leader. And that will be fulfilled upon His return.....
Then he isn't the Messiah, yet.

When a man is elected president, he is called president, not a second before that.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#531748 May 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have three sports cars, only one is American.
Dodge doesn't make any sports cars except the Viper.

A Sports Car (RE: SCCA and other sanctioning bodies) must have only two seats.

I have a Stingray, the only "Real American Sports Car". <smile>

Montreal

#531749 May 9, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, you are very childish.
Says the one who started the attempts at petty insults.
Again, very Christian of you.

Montreal

#531750 May 9, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>What is really tragic herew, is that you believe your own sick philosophies, you regurgitate your own filth filled vomit.
More vile comments from a vile being.

Montreal

#531751 May 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I never said you didn't have the right to exercise your freedom of speech. I said you had no right to make assumptions about someone's morality who always posts in a loving manner simply because they choose not to publicly refute everything they may not agree with. Different strokes for different folks.

I am going to say this in as nice a way as possible but I believe you to be a younger poster and not quite up for these discussions. You don't seem to grasp even the most basic points of what is being discussed. How you could think in the post prior to this last one that my issue was with people who disagree with hate or in this last one think I am claiming you don't have a right to free speech is beyond me. Or maybe you understand and simply in lea of having the maturity to accept you didn't understand something you will instead keep throwing out red herrings. Either way it is a posting style very common to Topix unfortunately and very boring to me. If i have you wrong, I am sure time will tell
Again, barely read through that.
I asked a simple question, I didn't make any "assumptions."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min onemale 263,402
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min ChristineM 763,476
what the best in this store ?? https://awesome.... 16 min MURAD 1
what the best model of this wrist watches 20 min MURAD 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min Michael 554,632
Moses never existed 53 min Hidingfromyou 521
Do you want to earn money from home? Believe me... 1 hr cesar1988 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 175,006
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 9 hr woody934 136

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE