Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#531744 May 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>What part of your postings are you forgetting you wrote? Maybe keep notes so you don't forget....
Please stop lying about me.

I am not a Christian and do not believe in your deities.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#531745 May 9, 2013
hick-up wrote:
I prefer to think for myself, draw my own conclusions [...] But make no mistake, I do believe in a higher power.
Way to go, Mr. Thinker. Electricity is a higher power. So is gravity.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#531746 May 9, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you raised by a woman?
Was there a man in your childhood?
A constant companion, someone to teach you to shake it before putting it back in your pants, someone that let you experience grease for yourself ...teach you to tie on a fish hook, ride a bike ...overcome your fear and take your ball back from the bully.
Did you have this person?
Because you talk like someone snooty, someone that wasn't allowed to play in the mud ...someone that throws a ball like a girl.
Bullsyeye

What is just as telling was his admission he would "probably not" ever talk the way he does on Topix to people in real life. It wasn't even a "yes" or "no" as he would have to be in the actual situation first to know for certain. I doubt he has ever had the guts to mix it up on any level. To skin a knee or bruise a knuckle or to speak his mind anywhere other than from the safety afforded by an anonymous chat-room.

In some cases I could see feeling bad for him. A grown man in such need of validation is just sad. But that he is such a pompous bigot towards most of the population while ironically calling himself a humanist makes it harder to feel sympathy for him. He thinks his faux intellectualism gives him some sort of superiority. Many of the people here at bare minimum are his equal intellectually. It is why he is so afraid to get into anything other than a few subjects and why he looks like a thesaurus throwing out big words when he misspells one to make sure people understand it was a typo. His entire identity and self-concept rests on the perception that people look up to him. But a few sycophants isn't reality

At the end of the day I think he knows exactly what he is. And that is why he hates as many people as he does. If it wasn't religion I am sure it would be something else. His own patients sounded like an imposition. I doubt this guy could count on one hand the people he has ever cared about over himself.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#531747 May 9, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>.....
The only one Jesus has not fulfilled yet is the great military leader. And that will be fulfilled upon His return.....
Then he isn't the Messiah, yet.

When a man is elected president, he is called president, not a second before that.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#531748 May 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have three sports cars, only one is American.
Dodge doesn't make any sports cars except the Viper.

A Sports Car (RE: SCCA and other sanctioning bodies) must have only two seats.

I have a Stingray, the only "Real American Sports Car". <smile>

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#531749 May 9, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, you are very childish.
Says the one who started the attempts at petty insults.
Again, very Christian of you.

Montreal

#531750 May 9, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>What is really tragic herew, is that you believe your own sick philosophies, you regurgitate your own filth filled vomit.
More vile comments from a vile being.

Montreal

#531751 May 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I never said you didn't have the right to exercise your freedom of speech. I said you had no right to make assumptions about someone's morality who always posts in a loving manner simply because they choose not to publicly refute everything they may not agree with. Different strokes for different folks.

I am going to say this in as nice a way as possible but I believe you to be a younger poster and not quite up for these discussions. You don't seem to grasp even the most basic points of what is being discussed. How you could think in the post prior to this last one that my issue was with people who disagree with hate or in this last one think I am claiming you don't have a right to free speech is beyond me. Or maybe you understand and simply in lea of having the maturity to accept you didn't understand something you will instead keep throwing out red herrings. Either way it is a posting style very common to Topix unfortunately and very boring to me. If i have you wrong, I am sure time will tell
Again, barely read through that.
I asked a simple question, I didn't make any "assumptions."

Fennario

#531752 May 9, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I agree. While Americans were being killed in Benghazi, our fearless leader was off to campaign in Nevada. He is a worthless human being as well as a clueless POTUS..........
I think I see a solution to your problem. Try the other party again. If that fails, go back to this party. If that fails, try another Republican. Failing that, another Democrat. Then another Republican.

Eventually, that's got to work, right?

Location hidden

#531753 May 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are. You imagine that you are watched 24/7 by an angry, panty sniffing, cosmic nanny that judges and rewards or punishes you according to your every deed. If he counts the hairs on your head, you know he's counting everything else.
But you pretend that that isn't a factor.
We already know why most of you don't go wilding and berserking. The answer is related to the fact that you have no idea why we don't.
Your entire moral philosophy is infantile and selfish. It's all about pleasing daddy and saving your own ass.
Contrast that with an unbeliever, who, when he does good, as when pulling over and saving a turtle crossing a country road. It's a spiritual feeling, a divine feeling. For a moment, in one tiny corner of the universe, with nobody looking to pat him on the back or reward him, nor punish him if he doesn't, a man takes responsibility for a tiny life in a tiny part of the universe because it mattered, and because there was literally nobody else to do it.
In that moment, he is his own judge, his own arbiter of good, sufficiently aware, concerned and powerful to be that creature's protector. That's as close to godlike as it gets, and it's a feeling you'll never know.
LOL

Such anger and hate to those who haven't made a god out of themselves

Nah, most people whether they believe in God or not try to do the right thing simply because it is the right thing

However it can become all too easy to be lazy, to be indifferent, to be selfish. Sometimes the chasm between wanting to do the right thing and actually doing it becomes too wide. And many people of faith find inner strength through their beliefs to pick themselves off the couch and go help others. Or contemplate on what Jesus would do when trying to decide a course of action. This sin't to say religion makes someone morally infallible. Obviously that is clearly not the case. But it does help many people be better than they would. And not out of fear or obligation but out of a desire to be a better person.

You can't relate to leaning on someone else for strength because you don't have it in you to trust or love other people more than you do yourself. You certainly would never leave something as important as your fate in the hands of another. You are too prideful and you also had to go it alone for too long for you to ever consider it. But it is for those reasons it is you that doesn't understand most the population, not the other way around

Location hidden

#531754 May 9, 2013
Name appears on post wrote:
I like water beads. They are AWESOME. If the water evaporates, they get very small, but all you need to do to restore them is ADD MORE WATER. They expand, they grow. Many like to use them in vases with their plants. That's how I acquired MY water beads. However, the problem is that it made it more difficult for Mom-mom to clean the vases with the bamboo plants, and the water beads end up smelling like death from the stagnant water. So, I myself decided to keep the water beads, and I cleaned them, and I keep them in a cup now. The bamboo plants have the same vase, though my water beads stay in their own cup of water. I'd imagine water beads would look nice in vases of their own, or small decorative see-through jars. But mine just stay in a Coca-Cola cup. Water beads are amazing.
What's up NAOP?

You keep things interesting friend:)

Topix has so many fake identities and personas that it can become hard to differentiate between reality and fiction when it comes to who is posting. But at the same time I think at worse people have sides to them they want to let out and feel more comfortable doing it in different ways and sometimes people simply are exactly who they say

There is something very endearing in the way you tap into the beauty of things. It seems the older we get, the more cynical we can become in many areas. Keep finding joy wherever you can. Good to see you

(T) Peace

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#531755 May 9, 2013
Good Morning Everyone! It's a beautiful day in Wisconsin :) There is supposed to be thunderstorms. But, right now it is sunny and clear. It's kind of like life. One minute it's all pretty and clear, and the next it's dark and cloudy. The dark and cloudy, though sometimes scary, often bring the rain. Rain that softens the ground and helps the flowers grow. Then comes the sun and does it's part. And the flowers bloom, they open up and show the world their beauty. If it's rainy, may I soak up what will help me grow, and if the sun is shinning, may I bloom, open up and be beautiful to the world. Have a great day everyone :)

Fennario

#531756 May 9, 2013
hick-up wrote:
But what is progress? We still dress in furs and skins. We adorn ourselves with pretty rocks. We stack up rock and create dwellings. We like to think we've harnessed the power of the atom ...Chernobyl says otherwise.[...] What a beautiful place this earth must of been before man and his distructive ways ...sigh! Creature/Evolution ...I find it mind boggling. Again, I don't consider mankind the highest order of life.

The plagues of Egypt ...Something scared the hell out of those people ...Passover, blood on your doorpost ...they still honor that ritual. I can't explain it, but I believe something went on.
You may not consider yourself Christian, but if not, you're really only about half of an absurd myth away from it. Just give the Egyptian thing a name - Jesus - and you're there.

You've already got the failed-mankind and the worst-of-all-worlds part down pat - the misanthropy and nihilism of Christianity.

Location hidden

#531757 May 9, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>

Skombolis (hope I got that right) mentioned how difficult it would have been for German Christians to speak out for fear of reprisals.
However, even when there's no risk of reprisals, we know from the Iraq war that the majority of Christians didn't speak out against the slaughter of tens of thousands of Iraqis.
Yeah you got my name right

Part of the problem IMO is this country is so divided politically and we are bombarded by such extremism and propaganda in the "news" today that a lot of people can't see past the spin their own party puts on an issue

Then you have just the problem in general as to how much truth do any of us really know when it comes to these things?

Then lastly this world is very indifferent at best when it comes to social issues and justice. I don't know if people are just too tired and have had the fight beat out of them or if people just aren't as concerned as they used to be as people will often vote against self-interests and be more likely to watch Honey Boo Boo than a presidential debate

But I do think a lot of people will stand up against what they think is wrong. But it is much more likely in a scenario where we can have an immediate impact. If I see someone verbally abusing a cashier at a store I am likely to tell them to take it easy. Where do I really have a voice to speak out against the war? Take a day off work and go hold a picket sign somewhere?

I don't say that sarcastically at all. Its just I think there is little recourse a lot of the time even when fear of reprisal is not an issue. JMO anyway

(T) Peace

Fennario

#531758 May 9, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
So then the only way you will believe God exists, is when you see a Spiritual God with your Human physical eyes?
An omnipotent creator would know what we need, and a loving one would have given it to us, or accepted us without it.

None of that means that there are no gods, nor that they are impossible.

But it does mean that your god is impossible. There obviously is no loving, omnipotent god watching over us.

And that's what matters - not answers to questions that may be unanswerable and don't really need answers, but whether we need to worship any of the gods men claim exist. Specifically, is there any risk in blowing off the Christian god?

Obviously not.

Location hidden

#531759 May 9, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
Good Morning Everyone! It's a beautiful day in Wisconsin :) There is supposed to be thunderstorms. But, right now it is sunny and clear. It's kind of like life. One minute it's all pretty and clear, and the next it's dark and cloudy. The dark and cloudy, though sometimes scary, often bring the rain. Rain that softens the ground and helps the flowers grow. Then comes the sun and does it's part. And the flowers bloom, they open up and show the world their beauty. If it's rainy, may I soak up what will help me grow, and if the sun is shinning, may I bloom, open up and be beautiful to the world. Have a great day everyone :)
Sounds like your day is off to a good start B-man. Have a good one

(T) Peace

Fennario

#531760 May 9, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Well you sure as hell dont know anything about American politics if you think all Obama needs is more time. The statement Boots made about this whole thing being Bush's fault clued me in on his ignorance.
Maybe you can get Bush back. Maybe if he had just had more time.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#531761 May 9, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it wasn't me who said that the Egyptians smeared blood on their doors. It was the poster I was responding to.
No, I didn't say it was the Egyptians. Sorry if it looked that way. I thought everybody knew it was the Hebrews.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#531762 May 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Dodge doesn't make any sports cars except the Viper.
A Sports Car (RE: SCCA and other sanctioning bodies) must have only two seats.
I have a Stingray, the only "Real American Sports Car". <smile>
True. Under that standard I only have one sports car--a roadster, 60s vintage.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#531763 May 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. I'll tell you where the Christians were. Toby Keith concerts, waving flags, calling for their god to bless America and her troops, and jeering liberal activists like Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, and The Dixie Chicks.
Not surprisingly, the Christians were moral putty.
And that, of course, was the original point. If you want to demagogue a people in the West, you really can't do better than have a Christian nation. Imagine a nation like the secularists posting here recently. Which of us would you expect would be led around like that or cheer war?
And then there's the ones (like yourself) that turned tail and ran.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min South American Italy 880,904
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min dollarsbill 8,357
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min sangili karuppan 7,656
The Christian Atheist debate 16 min Critical Eye 4,082
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 19 min RiccardoFire 41,170
Fight at Seasons Inn last night. 58 min Unknown allen ky 1
Poll Why are Americans becoming so stupid? (Jun '08) 1 hr nightwalker 152
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr June VanDerMark 603,567
More from around the web