You want to be stupid?
Go it alone.
Yet your a defense lawyer..........

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#531792 May 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. do we dare compare the response of WW II era German Christians with today's generation of American Christians ??..

.. as of two months ago, U.S. drone attacks have killed 22 terrorists; unfortunately, 800 innocent civilians also lost their lives, you know, collateral damage. Many were children ..
http://www.policymic.com/articles/24164/a-lis...

.. I'm not hearing much of a public outcry from our Christian nation ..

.. did German Christians even care about the senseless killing of gypsies, gays, JW's or Jews? Do American Christians even care about the senseless killing of Muslim children ??..
SPECIAL REQUEST
Good post. You've hit the nail on the head. And not surprisingly, it is an unbeliever - you - objecting.

You may get a little lip service out of the Christians if you've embarrassed them enough with this,

But clearly, as a collective, they care much less than unbelievers about such matters, which supports my point that if a Western demagogue wants to manufacture support for a genocide or any other moral horror, he can't do better than to have an overwhelmingly Christians nation to work with. They may mouth the word "love" a lot, but that kind of "love" is worthless.

These are people that are raised to think that anything authority commands is moral as long as they trust the authority, and they trust almost anybody that claims to be a Christian or carries a bible - like Hitler and Bush.

And what difference does it make what people like Hitler and Bush really believe about Jesus? What matters is what their audiences believed. The Christians believed that they were anointed by their god in their holy struggles.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#531793 May 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe me?
There is no evidence to believe you. So, no.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531794 May 9, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you like women that look like men?
No, lesbians do.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#531795 May 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the Dimwit really don't like that, do you? It's not in your best interest that we identify with one another as a group with common goals, is it?
Talk about more delusions of grandeur. Why would it bother anyone? Do you think I am afraid that at your current rate in another 20 years there may be 10 of you on the Internet? You are a nothing but an insecure old man that a few people apparently to acquiesce to your need for validation decided to go along with you and call themselves by your pretend name. Although I can't remember the last time I have seen anyone do it.

And I don't see any other "secular humanist" regularly referring to themselves as "we". I don't see any believer regularly referring to themselves as "we". I would explain to you things like being your own man and the problems with thinking you can speak for others but you seem too deep in denial actually believing you have done anything with real life implications over the Internet.

So instead I will simply give you an illustration on why it wouldn't matter:

IANS said:

Of course they are. You imagine that you are watched 24/7 by an angry, panty sniffing, cosmic nanny that judges and rewards or punishes you according to your every deed....

But you pretend that that isn't a factor.
We already know why most of you don't go wilding and berserking. The answer is related to the fact that you have no idea why we don't.Your entire moral philosophy is infantile and selfish. It's all about pleasing daddy and saving your own ass."

See IANS, you are a 'humanist' that hates the vast majority of humans even in his own country. A 'humanists' that thinks 3/4ths of the population would go "wilding and berserking" if not for the fear of religious repercussions. At the end of the day you are simply a hateful bigot. Whether there is 1 of you or 20 of you, it will have the same bearing on real life as all your years on Topix have had to this point...which is absolutely no effect whatsoever. But if you want to pretend you speak for a group knock yourself out. The only thing funnier than you doing it is that you don't realize the only damage it does it to your 'group', not ours.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531796 May 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

You can ramble on ad infinitum, and you can sugar-coat it all you want.
But the bottom line is that you are a bigot, because you would deny equal rights to a portion of the population based on accident of birth.
Did I miss the evidence of that?

Provide evidence that people are born gay.

Or admit that it's your opinion that they are.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#531797 May 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked me if that was what I thought, and to that,I replied Yes, I do.
I don't choose to make an "idol" of Jesus anymore than I would choose to make an "idol" of Ptah. That is not what either is intended to be...although many would. Without the teachings of love, justice fairness and truth, you would not even know nor understand what they represent...or their purpose. In the event one does not learn their essence, one only sees either as an arbitrary "idol" that they might "use" without effort to become worthy of position on their own...IOW-"free ride". Jesus' words even teach you that-if you can hear, listen, and apply...and understand what that last sentence means.
If I walk in here and say "I accept this picture (idol) of Jesus", and fail to learn and follow any of his teachings and words, do you think I will get to "paradise"?...or "through the door"?
NO!
Now--why not?
??
This is becoming repetitive.

I say already it's not JUST about doing what Jesus teaches. Yes doing what Jesus teaches is a must to enter paradise as you say. I call it heaven.

What I'm saying is, there are many people that follow the teachings of Jesus, that will NOT enter paradise or heaven. They will be damned because they are weighing their worthiness on entering heaven or paradise based on WORKS. Many people of other religions, strive to follow what Jesus taught. Christianity is a Philosophy and a Religion, based on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

In addition to following the teachings of Jesus Christ, a person must know Jesus Christ Spiritually. They must have had a spiritual or supernatural experience or experiences with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ must know that person closely, and that person, must know Jesus Christ the same through the Spirit.
John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

And Jesus already say he is a gate and a door and He Jesus will send the Ruach Hakodesh.

It is not enough to just know and follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. YHWH never have to send His only Begotten Son to do that. YHWH could have just sent a regular prophet to teach. So what you must ask yourself writer, is do you believe Jesus Christ is the Son of YHWH? Or do you believe as Islam and others that Jesus was just a prophet.

Because it seem to me you're judging your worthiness to enter heaven or paradise based on works or just following the teachings of Christ. That is NOT enough. Not even close writer. I can show you strict Muslims that do what Jesus teach better than most Christians. Fastings givings of alms feed the poor love their neighbor, etc, etc. But the Muslim do not believe they have to go through Jesus Christ to get to YHWH. And that is their downfall.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531798 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:

You didn't answer the question.
If homosexuality is a choice, then heterosexuality is a choice.
It's either a choice for both, or a choice for neither.
So, once again I'll ask you the question that you obviously can't answer because you are wrong and know it:
When, how, and why did you choose to be straight?
I didn't choose, we are all born straight.

I didn't choose to start breathing, either. We are all born to breathe.
You also dodged that other question:
Even if homosexuality was a choice, religion is definitely a choice; why do you think that gives you the right to try and deny people their rights?
I've refused your question because you've refused mine:

What rights have I denied anyone? Or what rights have I *tried* to deny anyone?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531799 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I might have been.
See how easy it is?
Though I have no attachment to liquor, nor do I have a sex addiction or think about sex much at all.
Whereas you talk about your bible and obviously live by (parts of) it.
And so there is a higher probability of you having voted to keep slavery in if you had lived in those times.
More baseless assumptions.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#531800 May 9, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
A human one?
Yup

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#531801 May 9, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you doing Lar....Did it finally stop snowing in your area......:-)
Try to behave today.....LOL
Yes, finally......Its just about all gone.

Do I have to.....
:0(

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#531802 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice detective work.
Thanks.

All I did is read his reference.

lol

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531803 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You've stated in the past that you would vote against equality.

I have?!

I wish I would've told myself that.
So you are attempting to deny people their rights.
You are a simple one, aren't you?
You can't even understand basic English.
Yes, it is pretty simple.

I'm a Christian so you automatically assume what my positions are on SSM and people's rights...

You're an assumptive one, aincha?

Ever thought about ASKING what a person's opinion is before assuming it?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#531804 May 9, 2013
so then you wait until Jesus become a military ruler to call him Messiah. you think you will live that long?
[QUOTE who="G_O_D"]<quot ed text>
Then he isn't the Messiah, yet.
When a man is elected president, he is called president, not a second before that.
But God has always been God. And Jesus was still part of the GodHead Triune when he was on the earth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531805 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course that's absurd, because that's not even close to what I said.
Do you always play "broken telephone" with yourself by reading posts aloud and then purposely ignoring your own voice?
No, it's not what you said. It's what I said.

That's why the post started with "RiversideRedneck wrote"

Derp.

But that's the "finding".... It's disputable and stupid.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531806 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:

http://articles.courant.com/1998-03-03/news/9...
If you Google "lesbian inner ear," you can find many more articles on it. It is one of many evidences that hint that homosexuality is not a choice.
Yes, an intriguing "study" lol.

Why is it then, that lesbians aren't attracted to the same type of women that men are...

I mean, the "study" says the inner ear on lesbians is the same as men - what's with all the bull dykes?
A fun fact:
Gay men, on average, have bigger penises than heterosexual men, on average.
HARRUMPH...

Another "study", no doubt.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531807 May 9, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claim probably isn't falsifiable.
It currently is not. It may never be.
It's equal to the claim that cloud shapes make people gay.
It's good enough just to counter your baseless assertion with an opposing one. But I could go farther than that.
I won't. I don't think there is anyone in here that can accept the logical position that hasn't already.
Ah...

So "people are born straight" is just as ridiculous as "people are born gay".

Thanks.

Now go tell your friends.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#531808 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe you can get Bush back. Maybe if he had just had more time.
We'd be a hell of a lot better off..........But term limits are good things all in all.

People like Boots and Lacez dont like Bush because of the Wars. But his policies were for the most part good policies, and the wars are NOT the reason we are in the mess we are in.

Thats about all I care to get into it here. Lacez and Boots are misinformed, but there hatred will never let them see it. Much more comfortable to blame the man they hate for EVERYTHING........

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#531809 May 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is quite the special one, is he not?
I haven't seen you prove me wrong.

Or prove yourself right.

Imagine that.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#531811 May 9, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
I believe only in Mercy and grace Eph 1;2-12,2;8-9
I don't, at least not in the Christian senses of the words, which mean forgiveness for being human. I don't need mercy, and I still don't know what grace is in the Christian sense except another word for mercy.

If anybody in that story needs to repent, it's the god. If anybody in the bible needs forgiveness for his moral failings, it's the one that built hell.
dr Shrink wrote:
His underserved kindness of Supreme power of all Universes( Bible call this power G-D HaShem Yahveh-Ehyeh-Ashe-Ehyeh)
It's disheartening to see you call that kindness. Almost everybody I know is kinder than that. I wonder how many people I know would sentence somebody to hell? Of those, how many would go for eternity without ever pardoning them?

Aren't you a nicer person than that? I am.
dr Shrink wrote:
my criteria is 0% world christian wicked double snake churches christianity immoral criterias
I'm sire that that is an excellent criterion, whatever it means.
dr Shrink wrote:
be good boy,and never worry my negative harsh remarks.
I don't mind them so much from you, but your remarks hurt your credibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 2,617
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 119,218
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Michael 679,163
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Rider on the Storm 184,831
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr waaasssuuup 445,838
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,269
Iranian Brother & Sister wanted For FRAUD!!! 5 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web