Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Lost In Transition

United States

#531697 May 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Jesus preached to the masses who were denied the old truths.
You totally misunderstood the point.
It is not "works salvation", it is what you become..."salvation" will take care of it's own course if one is right with one's self and balanced with the ALL(which is the word Jesus used).
Jesus said : "He who believes to know the All but not himself falls completely short."
I prefer Lambdin;
Jesus said..."If one who knows the all still feels a personal deficiency, then he is completely deficient."
Can we, as humans, ever deny that we all carry personal deficiencies? Not with any honesty we couldn't. GoThomas often can not be fulfilled here, and it was never intended to be. It is frequently preparatory, not for this life but for what is to come.
Jesus said..."Therefore I say, if he is destroyed then he will be filled with light, but if he is divided then he will be filled with darkness."
We can not destroy what we are. Not here. Death will start the process, but we must finish it. "Salvation" is not a given, no matter how you conduct this life.

“What's your story? Nevermind.”

Since: Apr 13

none of my business.

#531698 May 9, 2013
Take a quick listen. If you haven't walked their shoes, then you have no clue!

none of my business.

#531699 May 9, 2013
Again take a quick listen. If you haven't been there in our shoes you have no clue.

Lost In Transition

United States

#531700 May 9, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
Again take a quick listen. If you haven't been there in our shoes you have no clue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HYCIG5frd9QXX
Is that your Chevy Vega?
Putt...putt...putt.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#531701 May 9, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer Lambdin;
Jesus said..."If one who knows the all still feels a personal deficiency, then he is completely deficient."
Can we, as humans, ever deny that we all carry personal deficiencies? Not with any honesty we couldn't. GoThomas often can not be fulfilled here, and it was never intended to be. It is frequently preparatory, not for this life but for what is to come.
Jesus said..."Therefore I say, if he is destroyed then he will be filled with light, but if he is divided then he will be filled with darkness."
We can not destroy what we are. Not here. Death will start the process, but we must finish it. "Salvation" is not a given, no matter how you conduct this life.
Same thing in different words.

none of my business.

#531702 May 9, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your Chevy Vega?
Putt...putt...putt.
It is a Pinto you tard. Get a clue.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#531703 May 9, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I will still pray Lawest.
I hadn’t heard that saying. It is a good one. It feels so good when you can give all your worry to God and let Him handle it. He is the one in charge anyway.
Yes we are in need of Gods hand in our lives every day. Prayer/talking with God is the best way that I know of to assure that He is effecting our lives by leading us because it keeps us close to Him. And all that is possible because of Jesus’ sacrifice. I know you know that but you got me to thinking.:)
(C:

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#531704 May 9, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have climbed the mountain to touch the stars. I have learned the higher you climb the farther you fall.
Maybe you should use a harness :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531705 May 9, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes... it is another example even here where 'speech' is understood differently by other lands. For us it is natural to put it that way, meaning...'there is not'– or –'these is no other way'. So when you shout there is NOT, it comes across as a message for others rather... You have been so busy defending you forget you don't have to with me?
We might then say in reply when agreeing with 'No my friend, there is NOT'...'what a question!' I believe the different English customs of how it is used, has been the hardest language to learn to read and write. So Ja Brother... I was agreeing with you, NOT disagreeing!~~smile~~ So let us proceed, secure without question...“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen “
2 Peter 3:18  You need that language, which for me is to live it without the need to preach it. We already have one strong woman preacher in here... G'day Deb!
Peace my friends to both of you... it is why sometimes it is misunderstood by mere language.“7 And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7
You may be being a bit sensitive here my friend, how I worded my response to you was simply habit more or less with me, I am very passionate about my beliefs in the Word and do tend to put an exclamation point on certain things, so I am sorry if you found that offensive, but there was no reason in reality for you to do so, and I KNEW that you were agreeing with me and not disagreeing.

Perhaps it is a language barrier in place here at least on the smallest of levels, when we are in fellowship with one another in the church, this is often how we talk with one another when sharing issues dealing with God's truth and perhaps another organization has a different way of doping it, but it is not likely to change among our group because we who have walked in this Holy highway for some time now understand things perhaps from another viewpoint than others.

Well..........as it should be nighttime where you are right now, I pray you a God Blessed night and day ahead IN the Lord. Peace.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531706 May 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen him try to defend you at all. Can you explain that?
It's right there before the eyes of anyone who can read.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#531707 May 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just pointing out that not everybody shares our views. I have a dog. When I got him from the shelter, he was just a little thing. Now he out weighs me but he's still much gentler than I am.
I wasn't talking to everyone ~ I was talking to Adam.... but just the same, I hope you get what I get in the way of love when you cuddle your gentle doggy :)(Mine is a black Pug)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531708 May 9, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
My mind goes to 'the bride' SP... in contrast to a marriage of this kind. A time when none of this will be applicable.
Luke 20:27-35  Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any resurrection; and they asked him,{28} Saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.{29} There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children.{30} And the second took her to wife, and he died childless.{31} And the third took her; and in like manner the seven also: and they left no children, and died.{32} Last of all the woman died also.{33} Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife.{34} And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:{35} But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
… and all will be history. No more fighting over what's right or wrong.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Revelation 21:4-5
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#531709 May 9, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Those who feel they've an ax to grind feel compelled to compare the posters here to Hitler.
Not me. I compare you to his followers.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531710 May 9, 2013
&li st=PLusWQQ8qjyKr3M2jF6sd5yXk3y bQpKsBghttp://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=RE04Eni2L-I&list=P LusWQQ8qjyKr3M2jF6sd5yXk3ybQpK sBg

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#531711 May 9, 2013
M_O_R_N_I_N_G

“There are two ways of meeting difficulties:
you alter the difficulties, or you alter yourself to meet them.”

~ Phyllis Bottome

Thought for the day

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#531712 May 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kidnapping and grand theft.
I agree 100% apparently, so does the Law...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#531713 May 9, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Your Word me to cast my cares upon you. Oh how I want to do that, to bring all my cares to you and leave them at your feet. I do not want to be a worrier, but one whose faith is strong to trust you. I want to bring those burdens and concerns to you, and not keep picking them up and worrying about them. May this year be one of spiritual breakthrough in my life and in the lives of those I love. May our lives be filled with joy and peace through your Spirit. May you be the center and the heart of our homes. May we be more Christlike and less like the world in our everyday lives. Help us and have mercy upon us, dear God. Please forgive us of our sins and guide our steps. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#531714 May 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should use a harness :)
You're funny <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#531715 May 9, 2013
Encouraging Words.....

You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.

Psalm 51:17

K-Love

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#531716 May 9, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause I chew with my mouth open and drag my feet when I walk.....
He dont put up with that chit..........
How are you doing Lar....Did it finally stop snowing in your area......:-)

Try to behave today.....LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Catcher1 93,302
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 668,343
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min WildWeirdWillie 183,781
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Pegasus 286,241
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr nanoanomaly 979,605
American Soldiers Rock 2 (Mar '08) 3 hr USA-1 34,334
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 9 hr USA-1 39,228
More from around the web