Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#531664 May 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused or uneducated about the Egyptians K. It was the Hebrew(Moses) faction in Egypt that practiced blood sacrifice, and smearing it over the doors, not the Egyptians...who considered the "easterners" barbaric.
Actually, it wasn't me who said that the Egyptians smeared blood on their doors. It was the poster I was responding to.
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#531665 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...... Hellew.....
Jehovah's Witnesses are Christian.
Try once.
Do you really think so? Or are they a sect/cult?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#531666 May 8, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
""Gays can do what they want as long as they keep it behind closed doors."
"Closet Christians" vs "Closet Gays"...neither one sounds like equality to me."
not that we're on speaking terms, Annie, but did you know that in most public schools it's allowed to have a LGBT club but not a Christian because of the seperation of church and state rules?
also, did you know that there are legal battles over the rights to hand out Bibles and Christian literature at gay pride events? can you imagine the reverse, where any court would even entertain the idea of a case involving trying to ban gay rights literature?
yep, hold on to your butt cuz "as it was in the days of sodom so shall it be in the end" Jesus
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>

yep, hold on to your butt cuz "as it was in the days of sodom so shall it be in the end" Jesus
Jesus said hold on to your butt? Cool

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#531667 May 8, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oook, Your welcome..lol
My apologies, i misread your former post got the part were you say " we feel dishonest " and some how i intrepreted that for guilt>>> dunno how, but did...
Anyway, thanks for a sincer post.. Arent you an attorny by trait? could of swore i read that at some point.. but then again may not of..lol
Yes, I am an attorney by trade, proud to say an honest and hard-working one. But it's more important just to be a decent and compassionate human being.

Nottingham, UK

#531668 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Us well, two of your 'sources' are clearly biased and untrustworthy.
Aside from that, how many of the Iraqis killed were non-combatants? How many Iraqis were killed because of accident, bad intel, bad judgement, etc?
Additionally, how many Iraqi non-combatants have been killed by Iraqi forces? Ever wonder that?
For you to simply call it 'slaughter' and compare it to the holocaust is absolutely ignorant and ridiculous.
What's ignorant and ridiculous is for you to disingenuously say that I was comparing the death of Iraqi civilians to the Holocaust, when you know full well I referring to how American Christians didn't speak out against the killings.

But then making straw men seems to be what you do.

When I referred to the fact that the vast majority of German Christians did not speak out against Hitler, you came back with a post about non-german Christians.

You really need to learn keep your focus.

Nottingham, UK

#531669 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Aren't you the one that wrote:
"Dipping into the Bible and taking out the bits that you think are relevant to you is fine. I guess the problems arise when people try and impose what they think are the relevant scriptures onto others."
???
H
Y
P
O
C
R
I
T
E
Who said I'm imposing anything on anyone? You really need to quit with the straw men.

I was responding to what trifecta1 said by pointing out one (of many) biblical contradictions.

Oh yes, a few posts ago you said you saw no reason to converse with me and now you're doing just that.

???
H
Y
P
R
O
C
R
I
T
E

I've really got under your skin, haven't I?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#531670 May 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another outright lie.
In 2000 there were an estimated 111,000 illegal emigrants there.
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/lrcpubs/rr305.pdf
But you will not even read the KY report. You are willfully ignorant.
Something I must point out, so that you don't mislead those that might take your posts as truthful and/or actuality when they are not.
Nobody takes him seriously but he does come up with some good jokes occasionally.

Who's my wittle wedneck?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#531671 May 8, 2013
Latters It is pillow time.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#531672 May 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.Well cap your wise fellow.
Careful how close ya let me get to you.lol
I KNOW!
Yer jist plain mischief ain't ya.
Hahahah!

Location hidden

#531673 May 8, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it wasn't me who said that the Egyptians smeared blood on their doors. It was the poster I was responding to.
I just wanted ta clear that up is all...no foul there.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#531674 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Lets play this game.
I was born straight.
Betcha can't prove me wrong.
I was born bloody and straight up pissed off. That's just hearsay.

Prove you were born.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#531675 May 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No my friend, there is NOT.
Acts 4:12
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved
Until next time, a Blessed and Peaceful day/night.
Sometimes... it is another example even here where 'speech' is understood differently by other lands. For us it is natural to put it that way, meaning...'there is not'– or –'these is no other way'. So when you shout there is NOT, it comes across as a message for others rather... You have been so busy defending you forget you don't have to with me?
We might then say in reply when agreeing with 'No my friend, there is NOT'...'what a question!' I believe the different English customs of how it is used, has been the hardest language to learn to read and write. So Ja Brother... I was agreeing with you, NOT disagreeing!~~smile~~ So let us proceed, secure without question...“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen “
2 Peter 3:18  You need that language, which for me is to live it without the need to preach it. We already have one strong woman preacher in here... G'day Deb!
Peace my friends to both of you... it is why sometimes it is misunderstood by mere language.“7 And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7

Nottingham, UK

#531676 May 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Jesus agrees with me. So you exclude the parts of the bible about Jesus Christ, and go on thinking your good works means anything without Jesus Christ.
So you're saying that Revelations is wrong on this?

I guess you're one of those believers who accepts that the Bible contains errors in its pages.

Good for you!!

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#531677 May 8, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, interesting. Yes Jesus. May I be more like him. I must decrease and he must increase. Be Blessed Peace Warrior. Not by power nor by might, but by my spirit, says the Lord. May God guide all we do.
Only by decreasing our egotistical selves can he increase. A bit like emptying ourselves so he can fill our lives with his purpose... which in truth become more abundant as he decreed. Love always Blind Man - tho' you are far from blind - and God Bless .

Location hidden

#531678 May 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Latters It is pillow time.
Nite LW.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#531679 May 8, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think I am judging someone for eating a dog? The world is indeed bigger than we think ~ but like I said, cuddle a dog for comfort, they are amazing sources of non conditional love, unless of course, you have to eat it.
I was just pointing out that not everybody shares our views. I have a dog. When I got him from the shelter, he was just a little thing. Now he out weighs me but he's still much gentler than I am.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#531680 May 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have three sports cars, only one is American.
I have three sports bras. I think they were made in China.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#531681 May 8, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares bigot.
I do.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#531682 May 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening Bro. he is so desperately in search of a platform that he'll ramble on if for no other reason than to enjoy the sound of his own voice, while constantly making a fool of himself in the process.
Luckily, Irony Meters are cheap.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#531683 May 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> All always good to read your insightful posts Chris, as our friend DS Higgins would say..........we must never weary of well doing.
Blessings.
Or well digging. Sometimes we get thirsty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Lbj 28,079
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min hojo 637,079
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 15 min Watching in BAF 364
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 28 min Joe Fortuna 4,717
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 53 min RiccardoFire 44,086
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Chess Jurist 968,647
Play "end of the word" part 2 1 hr ImFree2Choose 1,422
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 5 hr Paul is dead 3,593
More from around the web