Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can ramble on ad infinitum, and you can sugar-coat it all you want.
But the bottom line is that you are a bigot, because you would deny equal rights to a portion of the population based on accident of birth.
To hide behind a god's skirt doesn't absolve you. Not only that, but you add insult to injury by droning on about "fleshly wants and desires."
Your "crucial truth" makes for second-class citizens. I find that to be shameful.
Nobody cares bigot.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats up?
Pretty much the same my friend. How're you this evening?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
I was born straight. We all are born straight, just like we are all born living.
SOME choose not to be straight, SOME choose not to live.
Prove me wrong.
Go.
You didn't answer the question.
If homosexuality is a choice, then heterosexuality is a choice.
It's either a choice for both, or a choice for neither.
So, once again I'll ask you the question that you obviously can't answer because you are wrong and know it:
When, how, and why did you choose to be straight?

You also dodged that other question:
Even if homosexuality was a choice, religion is definitely a choice; why do you think that gives you the right to try and deny people their rights?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
I believe that you and I want the same end result for the gay community...I think we just have different methods of getting there.
Can you explain further to me what you mean by the above statement?
When I read it...it sounded eerily similar to how some sound when they say...
"Gays can do what they want as long as they keep it behind closed doors."
"Closet Christians" vs "Closet Gays"...neither one sounds like equality to me.
Maybe I am not understanding you IANS. I tend to view the world with the possibility that we can all be a little kinder...a little more tolerent...a little more peaceful. I know...I am probably also a little naive.
Sexual orientation is not analogous to an ideology in this instance.

Christians have adopted an ideology. Christians will always be free, in America, I hope, to express ideas. Opposing ideas will also be expressed. Ideas will compete for relevancy. Most Christian ideas will perform poorly. Those expressing ideas that cannot withstand scrutiny will be ridiculed, and many of them will enter the closet to avoid the discomfort.

The increase in the freedom to express ideas is what will lead to the closeting of Christians.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this?
You're a temporal telepathic psychic?
You're assuming and you know it.
That's why I haven't given this live of conversation much time.
But we can play.
If you were born in the 1840's, you would've been a drunk gambler that loved prostitutes.
There, I said it so it must be true now.
Sure, I might have been.
See how easy it is?

Though I have no attachment to liquor, nor do I have a sex addiction or think about sex much at all.
Whereas you talk about your bible and obviously live by (parts of) it.
And so there is a higher probability of you having voted to keep slavery in if you had lived in those times.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares bigot.
Good evening Bro. he is so desperately in search of a platform that he'll ramble on if for no other reason than to enjoy the sound of his own voice, while constantly making a fool of himself in the process.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening LW.
Evening hope you are doin fine.Is really of no importance but think I shall share with you that I sat outside last evening and in so doing so heard a small pack of coyotes yeppin.Expect by now they gotten some young ones to hunt for and feed.My ole hoot owl was a busy fellow too.lol But expect he just hangs around for the grain I throw.God bless.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You've yet to explain what rights I've denied anyone.
Care to use your empathic abilities again?
You've stated in the past that you would vote against equality.
So you are attempting to deny people their rights.

You are a simple one, aren't you?
You can't even understand basic English.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> All so very true.
Hey bro. Another day, more hate that gets a pass in the Why Should Jesus Love Me forum. The bigotry on display here each day towards Christians is fine, any other group and its not. Been quite busy today but if time permits I will call more of it out. Take care.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning ( your time ) Irrira, how's everything with you.
Ja good morning Lawest... you are right on there - 10am Thurs - and have a lot of back tracking in here to catch up. But all is always well my my soul, happy and content in the peace that passes understanding, and never looking back. What about yourself? Any new news? You asked for prayers but haven't seen if they are answered yet?
Blessings always come in ways sometimes least expected, even if we are not aware when an answer is 'no'. But when born of the Spirit, all things work together for them that Love God and the rest all falls into place.
John 3:8
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!! I've read about that nonsense.
Let's assume that the "finding" is valid. So that means that some difference in the inner ear affects their mental, emotional, intellectual, and physical responses so much that it determines their orientation?
Let's also assume for all lesbians have inner ears that are "masculine". OK?
So, that makes them all "want" women. But wouldn't they want a "real" woman, wouldn't they? I mean, not a "bull dyke", but one with a female-type functioning inner ear?
Basically, if a lesbian has the same inner eat as me, why do lesbians go for women that look like men?
Personally, I think it's all absurd.
Of course that's absurd, because that's not even close to what I said.

Do you always play "broken telephone" with yourself by reading posts aloud and then purposely ignoring your own voice?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question.
If homosexuality is a choice, then heterosexuality is a choice.
It's either a choice for both, or a choice for neither.
So, once again I'll ask you the question that you obviously can't answer because you are wrong and know it:
When, how, and why did you choose to be straight?
You also dodged that other question:
Even if homosexuality was a choice, religion is definitely a choice; why do you think that gives you the right to try and deny people their rights?
Your very post reveals the possibility that the only birth defect here, is that perhaps your brain was put in backwards if you truly believe that dribble that you just drooled.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bro. Another day, more hate that gets a pass in the Why Should Jesus Love Me forum. The bigotry on display here each day towards Christians is fine, any other group and its not. Been quite busy today but if time permits I will call more of it out. Take care.
All always good to read your insightful posts Chris, as our friend DS Higgins would say..........we must never weary of well doing.

Blessings.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
I wrote a post to you explaining...I don't know...when I got part way through it...erased it.
I understand your anger...your frustration...I really do.
The thing I find the most annoying is when people tell me, someone who is gay, that I chose to be this way, when in fact I never did and there is no reason at all as to why I would.
It's like they think we're as screwed up as they, choosing to put ourselves in a situation that would bring ridicule, hate, and depression on ourselves.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's so funny to see him fail to bring forth any evidence for his claims!
Whereas there is a lot more evidence for gay people being born that way.
For example, a lesbian women's inner ear is constructed differently than a straight woman's inner ear.
Where did you get that information? Im not taking a dig at you I would really like to know. Do you have a link?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja good morning Lawest... you are right on there - 10am Thurs - and have a lot of back tracking in here to catch up. But all is always well my my soul, happy and content in the peace that passes understanding, and never looking back. What about yourself? Any new news? You asked for prayers but haven't seen if they are answered yet?
Blessings always come in ways sometimes least expected, even if we are not aware when an answer is 'no'. But when born of the Spirit, all things work together for them that Love God and the rest all falls into place.
John 3:8
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
Absolutely true my friend, God is working it out for me and I do see light at the end of the tunnel, we must always lift one another up in prayer.

Blessings and Peace to you my sister.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
Part 2 of 2 for Lacez
<quoted text>
I take it that 'usually truthful' means when I joke Ja? Otherwise truth is vital to me. But still have a post you might have missed last time back... It will be separate for space. haha excuse that pun, when you get it.
Let me help you understand better Lacez even if some repeats - and tell you what I believed the term homophobic was when I answered the 1st time, and now your above post 24 hrs ago +-.
homophobic = prejudiced.
Up until recently I have never heard of this other term - homophobic and up until you, asked 48 hrs ago, never been approached. So my answer was as given in Part 1, above... knowing that folk are prejudiced world wide.
I did not send Adam a beautiful natural fire cloud rainbow for his birthday to get into a discussion he brought up about homosexuality but to show him there were other 'rainbows' besides his own prejudice re 'the rainbow'. My husband's school in Botswana was the rainbow school, the land I lived in became the rainbow nation, and the rainbow Covenant I suggested he keep pure in thought was God's. So I don't see where I have to answer why my post to him should continue his own thoughts - your words - re 'his hugely homophobic views?'
None of you are little children but adults who have made your own choices in life, and it is not my place to to tell you, any more than you to make my choices. I don't believe it is a subject a virgin mind - which I am - can answer, any more than when Quin was pushing the issue, and I answered him then. The subject has dragged on so long in here when it comes to 'adult sex' and has become all consuming between some. Some posters are revolting, and others their own choice of words. For me... there is more to share bedside one prejudiced subject in this thread.
I trust you will respect this, and trust too you will find Peace in your own quest for answers.
Life brings different thoughts for everyone. Mine are not debatable. Peace... it's more than a word, it's a Way of Life.
I understand, but do not fully agree.
Thank you for the explanation.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing I find the most annoying is when people tell me, someone who is gay, that I chose to be this way, when in fact I never did and there is no reason at all as to why I would.
It's like they think we're as screwed up as they, choosing to put ourselves in a situation that would bring ridicule, hate, and depression on ourselves.
A question: ARE you gay?

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to get used to the RedneckRunaround.
He twists words around and attempts to dodge all my questions.
Doesn't matter though, it only proves how wrong he is.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
"yes I do" what?<quoted text>And no not everyone gets through the door, but those that have a spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ.
As I say before, you don't have to have a spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ to follow His teachings. Many in Hindu Islam Buddhism and other philosophies and religions follow the teachings of Jesus. But don't think they need to pray to or accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior to get to YHWH Almighty.
I think Jesus makes it very clear no one gets to YHWH Almighty without going through Jesus Christ. At least all those that know the Gospel, but choose to reject the Gospel.
He is a literal door. A literal gate. Now you can choose to not believe that. But based on what Jesus says, I choose to believe that. It makes absolutely no sense YHWH would send Jesus Christ His only Begotten Son, if a person can sidestep Jesus to get to YHWH. Then why send Jesus? that no compute.
You asked me if that was what I thought, and to that,I replied Yes, I do.
I don't choose to make an "idol" of Jesus anymore than I would choose to make an "idol" of Ptah. That is not what either is intended to be...although many would. Without the teachings of love, justice fairness and truth, you would not even know nor understand what they represent...or their purpose. In the event one does not learn their essence, one only sees either as an arbitrary "idol" that they might "use" without effort to become worthy of position on their own...IOW-"free ride". Jesus' words even teach you that-if you can hear, listen, and apply...and understand what that last sentence means.
If I walk in here and say "I accept this picture (idol) of Jesus", and fail to learn and follow any of his teachings and words, do you think I will get to "paradise"?...or "through the door"?
NO!
Now--why not?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 510,021 - 510,040 of599,023
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

419 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 min Kudu 388
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min marge 532,257
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 29 min Dalit Trolls Fixers 114,935
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 34 min Hidingfromyou 719,843
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 39 min Richardfs 223,976
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 41 min bacon hater 93,649
Friends who want to share daily living experiences (Oct '11) 59 min Just Wondering 8,187
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 256,338
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••