Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#531636 May 8, 2013
Even when things don't seem to be going well, never forget to.........

:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvZh6R 2md1c

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#531637 May 8, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I am well Peace Warrior. Blessed by the Best :) And how are you doing? It is good reading your posts.
I'm glad you are at Peace my friend, and equally great to have you back.
I could name some who wouldn't agree, but if we all had the same task in His service, other things would be neglected. Controversial don't tick boxes, and many don't see them as Biblical enough. But Jesus used life too to explain some things and that's just how it is.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531638 May 8, 2013

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#531639 May 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, I do.
Do you believe that just "anyone" gets to pass through that door?
Hardly!
Living the teachings is what makes one "clean in truth" - "just and acceptable." Then fairness is utilized in your admittance and free passage "through" that door.
If i may, you are correct to say not just anybody is going to enter Heaven..

Apart from Jesus Christ "we" can do nothing, without the Holy Spirit dwelling in us we are no better than the pharisee's..

Only those who have been born again, through and by Jesus Christ. The "finished" work on Calvary.

"There is no other name given under heaven among men whereby we must be saved"(recieve Eternal life)(Ac 4:12). Read Ephesians 2:8,9

You are implying a "works" Salvation, and thats no different then what the Pharisee's had. Jesus died for our Sin, and OUR inabilty to have access to the Throne of God, and Jesus himself "rejected organized religion". Which is excactly a "works salvation"..

That is exactly what the verse to the pharisees' is about.
They were being reproved for being "fake" in their outward(public) appearance, while not "living" the teachings, and are being told that they are nothing more than thieves and robbers - and therefore, will not be allowed through the door along with those who did.
I agree somewhat, Jesus points out for us the exclusive nature of salvation by saying that He is “the door,” not “a door.” He was saying to those religious leaders if ANYMAN teaches that they are another way into heaven or to God, he is the same as a thief and a robber.
Jesus is not a "literal" door-he is a "metaphorical" representation of "living the teachings" he taught. That being the epitome of spiritual and physical love. All the rest of his teachings naturally
fall into place when that is followed.
Jesus is both our Shepherd and the Door to the sheepfold, parable indeed. Thats how he taught to the religious leaders back then.

blessings.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#531640 May 8, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Ms PW---Is it Thursday where you are?
Ja... are you still behind me?~~smile~~ 1 pm. and time to stop for lunch.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#531641 May 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> True sis, particularly for those who have placed their faith and trust IN Christ.
Blessings.
Is there any other way Brother?
Peace until again...
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#531642 May 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you HFN, your continued prayers are still needed, in fact even those of us who believe are still need of God's mercy everyday to sustain us in our walk with him.
I like this old saying..........if you are going to pray, then don't worry, if you are going to worry, then don't bother to pray.
Blessings.(C:
I will still pray Lawest.

I hadn’t heard that saying. It is a good one. It feels so good when you can give all your worry to God and let Him handle it. He is the one in charge anyway.

Yes we are in need of Gods hand in our lives every day. Prayer/talking with God is the best way that I know of to assure that He is effecting our lives by leading us because it keeps us close to Him. And all that is possible because of Jesus’ sacrifice. I know you know that but you got me to thinking.:)

Location hidden

#531643 May 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
I totaly respect that response, a well giving answer as to why.

I am curious though how it is , if i can ask this the right way.

I mean i get the concept of it's hard to put your trust and Faith into something you cant touch, feel or see.. Because i was the same way.

It's the feeling of guilt and so on, that i am curious about.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#531644 May 8, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja... are you still behind me?~~smile~~ 1 pm. and time to stop for lunch.
Yes Mam---Still Wednesday here---evening 9:17 pm.(raining)
saw a little snow in it---but mountains is getting snow.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531645 May 8, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any other way Brother?
Peace until again...
No my friend, there is NOT.

Acts 4:12
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved

Until next time, a Blessed and Peaceful day/night.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#531646 May 8, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I totaly respect that response, a well giving answer as to why.
I am curious though how it is , if i can ask this the right way.
I mean i get the concept of it's hard to put your trust and Faith into something you cant touch, feel or see.. Because i was the same way.
It's the feeling of guilt and so on, that i am curious about.
Thanks for posting to me.

I'm not sure what you mean about a feeling of guilt. I don't feel any guilt.

I am a skeptical person, by nature. I can't accept anything that isn't supported by evidence. I can't help it, it's just the way I am!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#531647 May 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Nature in all of it's magnificent wildness and beauty eh?........ I guess it's what one is used to.(C:
Agreed with ya.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#531648 May 8, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you are at Peace my friend, and equally great to have you back.
I could name some who wouldn't agree, but if we all had the same task in His service, other things would be neglected. Controversial don't tick boxes, and many don't see them as Biblical enough. But Jesus used life too to explain some things and that's just how it is.
Hmmm, interesting. Yes Jesus. May I be more like him. I must decrease and he must increase. Be Blessed Peace Warrior. Not by power nor by might, but by my spirit, says the Lord. May God guide all we do.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#531649 May 8, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
If i may, you are correct to say not just anybody is going to enter Heaven..
Apart from Jesus Christ "we" can do nothing, without the Holy Spirit dwelling in us we are no better than the pharisee's..
Only those who have been born again, through and by Jesus Christ. The "finished" work on Calvary.
"There is no other name given under heaven among men whereby we must be saved"(recieve Eternal life)(Ac 4:12). Read Ephesians 2:8,9
You are implying a "works" Salvation, and thats no different then what the Pharisee's had. Jesus died for our Sin, and OUR inabilty to have access to the Throne of God, and Jesus himself "rejected organized religion". Which is excactly a "works salvation"..
<quoted text>
I agree somewhat, Jesus points out for us the exclusive nature of salvation by saying that He is “the door,” not “a door.” He was saying to those religious leaders if ANYMAN teaches that they are another way into heaven or to God, he is the same as a thief and a robber.
<quoted text>
Jesus is both our Shepherd and the Door to the sheepfold, parable indeed. Thats how he taught to the religious leaders back then.
blessings.
Nope. Jesus preached to the masses who were denied the old truths.
You totally misunderstood the point.
It is not "works salvation", it is what you become..."salvation" will take care of it's own course if one is right with one's self and balanced with the ALL(which is the word Jesus used).

And He said : "He who penetrates the meaning of these words will not taste death."

Jesus said : "Let him who seeks not cease to seek until he finds : when he finds, he will become troubled. When he is troubled, he will wonder, and he will reign over the All."

Jesus said : "If You bring forth what is within You, what You have will save You. If You do not have that within You, what You do not have within You will kill You."

Jesus said : "He who believes to know the All but not himself falls completely short."

Jesus said : "The Pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys of knowledge and hidden them. They have not entered, nor have they allowed those who wish so to enter. You, however, be as shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves."

Location hidden

#531650 May 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Jesus preached to the masses who were denied the old truths.
It is not "works salvation", it is what you become..."salvation" will take care of it's own course if one is right with one's self and balanced with the ALL(which is the word Jesus used).
And He said : "He who penetrates the meaning of these words will not taste death."
Jesus said : "Let him who seeks not cease to seek until he finds : when he finds, he will become troubled. When he is troubled, he will wonder, and he will reign over the All."
Jesus said : "If You bring forth what is within You, what You have will save You. If You do not have that within You, what You do not have within You will kill You."
Jesus said : "He who believes to know the All but not himself falls completely short."
Jesus said : "The Pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys of knowledge and hidden them. They have not entered, nor have they allowed those who wish so to enter. You, however, be as shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves."
Evening Cap;

Passage of birth is not remembered.
Passage of death is not remembered.
Passage into paradise is final.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#531651 May 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening Cap;
Passage of birth is not remembered.
Passage of death is not remembered.
Passage into paradise is final.
Even'n LW!

I don't know for sure...yet.

Location hidden

#531652 May 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for posting to me.
I'm not sure what you mean about a feeling of guilt. I don't feel any guilt.
I am a skeptical person, by nature. I can't accept anything that isn't supported by evidence. I can't help it, it's just the way I am!
Oook, Your welcome..lol

My apologies, i misread your former post got the part were you say " we feel dishonest " and some how i intrepreted that for guilt>>> dunno how, but did...

Anyway, thanks for a sincer post.. Arent you an attorny by trait? could of swore i read that at some point.. but then again may not of..lol

Location hidden

#531653 May 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Jesus preached to the masses who were denied the old truths.
Forgive me, but i have never seen that type of translation before..

Care to give scripture, chapter and verses so i can follow along wit ya?

Location hidden

#531654 May 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even'n LW!
I don't know for sure...yet.
The body is vessel for the Spirit.
The spirit is the vessel for the paradise.

Location hidden

#531655 May 8, 2013
Ancient hope of resurrection;

If a man die shall he live again?all the day of my appointed time will I wait til my change come.Thou shalt call and I will answer Thee.Thou wilt have a desire to the work of Thine hands.
Job 14:14&15

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 658,971
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Dog iz grate 71,164
servpro sucks (Apr '08) 20 min Unhappy customer 29
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 21 min crucifiedguy 5,089
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min Rider on the Storm 183,468
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 hr Rider on the Storm 290
14k Jewelry Hallmark b within a square 1 hr bjintexas 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr TRUTH TELLER 974,874
More from around the web