“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#531481 May 8, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawest...I ask...for just a few moments...put aside your own thoughts.
This post is just not addressing gays...but people of all sexual orientations...races...nationa lities...age...faiths.
All...with possibly the exception of a very small percentage...want to find that person that they love...that they can build a life together. I think most of us need that...we need that person in our lives to complete us...to make us be at our best.
Most want to honor that commitment with that little piece of paper...maybe they need it to show the world that they have found that person...some because of their faith...some because that is just what they feel they should. There are others that look at it as just a piece of paper and no more...their commitment is within their heart...and that is all that is needed.
Most people will raise an eyebrow when an older person falls in love with someone much younger. Others frown upon interracial marriages...interfaith marriages and even marriages between different nationalities.
Who are we though to pass judgment upon those relationships? Do we have the right to determine who one can spend their life with...whether they can have that piece of paper if they want one?
I am not sure Lawest of your marital status but I believe I remember that you are single. I hope one day that you find that person that you wish to spend the rest of your life with...that will make your life complete...regardless of who that is.
I know that I have asked you to do a very difficult thing by asking you to put aside your own thoughts. If you can though...try to see it from a different perspective...we all deserve to find that which makes us happy...do any of us have the right to deny that to others?
...and please...to those that are so immature as to throw in animals...children...or any other childish responses...grow up...
Good evening Annie, first off I'd like to say that I do not have to put aside my own thoughts for any length of time to understand anything that you or anyone else for that matter is saying to me, believe me, my mind is not that limited or one tracked. Also to say that your post, while I believe is honest and sincere from your heart, is still without a few considerations here as pertains to Godly matters, I realize that most people feel the need for companionship, there is still a prescribed way that God set that up through his Word, through the institution of marriage and certainly not through same sex unions and again through marriage only and between a man and a woman.

I also realize that this crucial truth means nothing to non-believing people who do not even consider God in the very least, and that is tragic to say the least regardless of what the persons agenda is for their own life heterosexual or homosexual, and while you are making what sounds like a sensible and logical plead on the surface for those who simply want someone in their lives to share all with, we will ALL still be held to God's standards by his Word in the end and for the things that we have done in this life and for those of us who believe, we have to put God first and foremost above everything in our lives including our own fleshly wants and desires, the unsaved will do what they will do regardless and reap the whirlwind for it.

Nothing that you have said in your post is lost on me, but I pray that you have understood my response to you as well.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531482 May 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>true thing. Knowing Jesus Christ spiritually, is the whole point of Christianity.
Agreed, it is the center of our salvation.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531483 May 8, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, if that's 'right' with your speech. I know lands are different. Just never thought of Love connected like that.
You mention slowly re death knocking... do you feel like that with your Honey? When my young husband died without warning... the love we shared was sweeter than venom to carry over into any pain of him going. But Ja... while we are together, always 'just keep returning loyalty, compassion and love all rolled together,' cause when they are gone we can say we did our best through anything. It is possible I know, and can also know 'til death do us part'.
God Bless and LuvU2
Good morning ( your time ) Irrira, how's everything with you.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531484 May 8, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I misspoke, I should have said "deny" instead of "take away."
Though how is one any better than the other?
At least at the same time, I proved you a liar (not that that would be hard in the first place).
Because if you cannot understand the spiritual and overall truth of God, perhaps and again MAYBE you can understand that I have the right to vote against anything that my conscience lets me know is counter-productive to God's will and that his Word so thoroughly condemns, I know that I am shooting you something that is so far above your head that is pathetically sad, but to break it down to you like this..........what you call denying on my part, is my constitutional right to vote for or against anything that I believe to be wrong for any reason, and you can never take that from anyone.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#531485 May 8, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Who's the lady at the mirror in your new avatar?~~smile~~ We can do anything except dress like that! Good to smile with you again and keep truckin' with those texts...
I have a fondness of times long pasted,a time before my time.
The lady is from a time long pasted and so is her dress.God bless.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#531486 May 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening Annie, first off I'd like to say that I do not have to put aside my own thoughts for any length of time to understand anything that you or anyone else for that matter is saying to me, believe me, my mind is not that limited or one tracked. Also to say that your post, while I believe is honest and sincere from your heart, is still without a few considerations here as pertains to Godly matters, I realize that most people feel the need for companionship, there is still a prescribed way that God set that up through his Word, through the institution of marriage and certainly not through same sex unions and again through marriage only and between a man and a woman.
I also realize that this crucial truth means nothing to non-believing people who do not even consider God in the very least, and that is tragic to say the least regardless of what the persons agenda is for their own life heterosexual or homosexual, and while you are making what sounds like a sensible and logical plead on the surface for those who simply want someone in their lives to share all with, we will ALL still be held to God's standards by his Word in the end and for the things that we have done in this life and for those of us who believe, we have to put God first and foremost above everything in our lives including our own fleshly wants and desires, the unsaved will do what they will do regardless and reap the whirlwind for it.
Nothing that you have said in your post is lost on me, but I pray that you have understood my response to you as well.
You can ramble on ad infinitum, and you can sugar-coat it all you want.

But the bottom line is that you are a bigot, because you would deny equal rights to a portion of the population based on accident of birth.

To hide behind a god's skirt doesn't absolve you. Not only that, but you add insult to injury by droning on about "fleshly wants and desires."

Your "crucial truth" makes for second-class citizens. I find that to be shameful.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#531487 May 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you think so eh?
I think the goal of those words is to tell anyone they can't get to YHWH God without going through Jesus Christ.
So if a guy or gal wants to see Jesus as an "Idol" and bypass Him to get to YHWH Almighty, well then that their business. Jesus also say this:
John 10:9
"I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
John 10:1
"Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.
So if people want to think Jesus was literally talking about a door or sheep pen or a gate and think they can get to YHWH Almighty and not go through Jesus Christ, then that them.
The notion that YHWH Almighty would send the only begotten Jesus Christ, to die such a cruel death, when people can go around Jesus to get to YHWH anyways, that I totally reject. If a person can get around Jesus to get to YHWH, then YHWH, would not have sacrificed His only Son.
yes, I do.
Do you believe that just "anyone" gets to pass through that door?
Hardly!
Living the teachings is what makes one "clean in truth" - "just and acceptable." Then fairness is utilized in your admittance and free passage "through" that door.
That is exactly what the verse to the pharisees' is about.
They were being reproved for being "fake" in their outward(public) appearance, while not "living" the teachings, and are being told that they are nothing more than thieves and robbers - and therefore, will not be allowed through the door along with those who did.
Jesus is not a "literal" door-he is a "metaphorical" representation of "living the teachings" he taught. That being the epitome of spiritual and physical love. All the rest of his teachings naturally
fall into place when that is followed.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#531488 May 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening Annie, first off I'd like to say that I do not have to put aside my own thoughts for any length of time to understand anything that you or anyone else for that matter is saying to me, believe me, my mind is not that limited or one tracked. Also to say that your post, while I believe is honest and sincere from your heart, is still without a few considerations here as pertains to Godly matters, I realize that most people feel the need for companionship, there is still a prescribed way that God set that up through his Word, through the institution of marriage and certainly not through same sex unions and again through marriage only and between a man and a woman.
Good evening Lawest---Excellent post.

God's very first marriage was Adam and Eve---A true marriage, to become ONE.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531489 May 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But the bottom line is that you are a bigot, because you would deny equal rights to a portion of the population based on accident of birth.
To hide behind a god's skirt doesn't absolve you. Not only that, but you add insult to injury by droning on about "fleshly wants and desires."
Your "crucial truth" makes for second-class citizens. I find that to be shameful.
Buddy you haven't experienced "shame" yet until you stand before the Lord God and his Christ, then you will feel like the biggest fool possible when your eyes then finally come open all too late, I am honest and sincere about everything thing that I have said, and the likes of yourself calling me a bigot and accusing me of hiding behind someone's skirts would be hilarious if it wasn't already pitiful sad and pathetic, there is no such thing as an "accident of birth" in these type of situations, it is a choice made.

I wish those like IANS, Lacez and yourself as well as a few others had the ability to appreciate the magnitude of the pure ignorance and simple mindedness of the commentary that you waste time posting on this thread.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531490 May 8, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Lawest---Excellent post.
God's very first marriage was Adam and Eve---A true marriage, to become ONE.
Hey there SP, you are absolutely correct my friend, would that so many more people understood this.

Blessings.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#531491 May 8, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, if that's 'right' with your speech. I know lands are different. Just never thought of Love connected like that.
You mention slowly re death knocking... do you feel like that with your Honey? When my young husband died without warning... the love we shared was sweeter than venom to carry over into any pain of him going. But Ja... while we are together, always 'just keep returning loyalty, compassion and love all rolled together,' cause when they are gone we can say we did our best through anything. It is possible I know, and can also know 'til death do us part'.
God Bless and LuvU2
Yes is many different places,people and speech and each thinks differently about love.Love can knock with a sunrise and death can knock with a sunset another words one never knows from day to day what that whole day will hold.I think of yesterday as gone,today is the now and maybe no tomorrows.Nothing in life as I see it is ever carved in stone.God bless lu2

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531492 May 8, 2013
lynn wrote:
Jesus loves us all he has no limits it's up to us if we want to accept his love!
All so very true.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#531493 May 8, 2013
"yes I do" what?
[QUOTE who="Black Thunder 42"]<quoted text>
yes, I do.
Do you believe that just "anyone" gets to pass through that door?
Hardly!
Living the teachings is what makes one "clean in truth" - "just and acceptable." Then fairness is utilized in your admittance and free passage "through" that door.
That is exactly what the verse to the pharisees' is about.
They were being reproved for being "fake" in their outward(public) appearance, while not "living" the teachings, and are being told that they are nothing more than thieves and robbers - and therefore, will not be allowed through the door along with those who did.
Jesus is not a "literal" door-he is a "metaphorical" representation of "living the teachings" he taught. That being the epitome of spiritual and physical love. All the rest of his teachings naturally
fall into place when that is followed.
And no not everyone gets through the door, but those that have a spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ.

As I say before, you don't have to have a spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ to follow His teachings. Many in Hindu Islam Buddhism and other philosophies and religions follow the teachings of Jesus. But don't think they need to pray to or accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior to get to YHWH Almighty.

I think Jesus makes it very clear no one gets to YHWH Almighty without going through Jesus Christ. At least all those that know the Gospel, but choose to reject the Gospel.

He is a literal door. A literal gate. Now you can choose to not believe that. But based on what Jesus says, I choose to believe that. It makes absolutely no sense YHWH would send Jesus Christ His only Begotten Son, if a person can sidestep Jesus to get to YHWH. Then why send Jesus? that no compute.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531494 May 8, 2013
Adam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =k0DTT3u2JZ8XX
Orthodox Rabbi Reveals Name of Messiah "JESUS","Yehosh ua" or "Yeshua"(Hebrew
Good evening Adam.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531495 May 8, 2013
Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
LAWEST100 wrote:
there are non-believers here like yourself and a couple of others who do not go on the attack against our belief IN Christ by calling our God an imaginary deity and speaking all manner of ignorant and blasphemous statements against our faith, but most of the unbelievers here do so sadly enough
<quoted text>
*OO*-RAH!
Isn't that just sad and pitiful?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531496 May 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes is many different places,people and speech and each thinks differently about love.Love can knock with a sunrise and death can knock with a sunset another words one never knows from day to day what that whole day will hold.I think of yesterday as gone,today is the now and maybe no tomorrows.Nothing in life as I see it is ever carved in stone.God bless lu2
Good evening LW.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#531497 May 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Faith, for me, is excluded from the equation. It has no probative value.
Evidence is required for me to accept the existence of a god.
And so far, I have seen none.
If you do decide to take something on faith, you have the luxury of picking between any of the numerous religions. Faith works no matter what you have faith in. How convenient is that?

And if you can't find the religion for you, make up your own! Or start with a popular template, and customize, like the Christians do!

"I really like Christianity, but I don't like Hell, although I would like to accuse people of being demon infested. I guess I'm out of luck, right?"

NO!!! That's the beauty of faith! Who's to say that your interpretation of vague and inconsistent scripture isn't "the right one"? Just pull out your trusty faith card, and you're all set!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531498 May 8, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you enjoy publicly showing you are a liar?
I admit that I broke a little promise by responding to you again, but that you have taken that point and stretched it to it's extremes merely reveals how desperate you are for talking points in your near mindless attempts to discredit everything Godly while defending something very condemnable. PATHETIC.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#531500 May 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares bigot.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#531501 May 8, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
What´s up?
Pretty much the same my friend. How're you this evening?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Robert F 550,871
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 min Mandela 37,346
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 753,586
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min Johnny 3,804
Arizona is wrong (Apr '10) 20 min whatsbuggingyou 1,302
I need r woman in Cape Town between age 21- 25 ... 40 min Thandoh 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 49 min Rider on the Storm 174,539
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 262,076

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE