“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#531366 May 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have no idea what tolerance is. It's not what you apparently think, if you call Catcher intolerant.
When we start burning you at the stake, stretching you on the rack or impaling you with the iron maiden - or keying your cars, boycotting your businesses, slandering you by calling you the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers, harassing your children, or decapitating your pets - then you can cry "intolerance."
You are free to worship privately as long you obey the law. I don't mind if you feel the need to dip a chicken claw in goat's blood, hammer it to your bedpost, and dance around it all night in the nude while baying at the moon if that's what gives your life purpose, moral grounding, and a framework for understanding the universe. Really. Go for it! I don't mind.
That's religious tolerance.
In the meantime, you won't mind if I compare your church and religion to a genital blister, blaspheme your cruel god, comment on the inanity of your bible, or decry the absurdity of faith, will you?
Because that's religious tolerance, too. They're ideas, and because they don't promote violence or other oppression against Christians, they are at least as appropriate in the marketplace of ideas as any from your sickening religion.
<quoted text>
Oh oh oh! You're so intolerant! See the intolerance! Catcher is being so oppressed by disparaging remarks!
Burro people ...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#531367 May 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I did say that, but regardless I asked because I just wondered what "rights" did your feeble mind believed that we were trying to take away?........answer the question?????
Lawest...I ask...for just a few moments...put aside your own thoughts.

This post is just not addressing gays...but people of all sexual orientations...races...nationa lities...age...faiths.

All...with possibly the exception of a very small percentage...want to find that person that they love...that they can build a life together. I think most of us need that...we need that person in our lives to complete us...to make us be at our best.

Most want to honor that commitment with that little piece of paper...maybe they need it to show the world that they have found that person...some because of their faith...some because that is just what they feel they should. There are others that look at it as just a piece of paper and no more...their commitment is within their heart...and that is all that is needed.

Most people will raise an eyebrow when an older person falls in love with someone much younger. Others frown upon interracial marriages...interfaith marriages and even marriages between different nationalities.

Who are we though to pass judgment upon those relationships? Do we have the right to determine who one can spend their life with...whether they can have that piece of paper if they want one?

I am not sure Lawest of your marital status but I believe I remember that you are single. I hope one day that you find that person that you wish to spend the rest of your life with...that will make your life complete...regardless of who that is.

I know that I have asked you to do a very difficult thing by asking you to put aside your own thoughts. If you can though...try to see it from a different perspective...we all deserve to find that which makes us happy...do any of us have the right to deny that to others?

...and please...to those that are so immature as to throw in animals...children...or any other childish responses...grow up...

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#531368 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Criminal.
Go feed your burro ...
Name appears on post

Kingston, PA

#531369 May 8, 2013
I like water beads. They are AWESOME. If the water evaporates, they get very small, but all you need to do to restore them is ADD MORE WATER. They expand, they grow. Many like to use them in vases with their plants. That's how I acquired MY water beads. However, the problem is that it made it more difficult for Mom-mom to clean the vases with the bamboo plants, and the water beads end up smelling like death from the stagnant water. So, I myself decided to keep the water beads, and I cleaned them, and I keep them in a cup now. The bamboo plants have the same vase, though my water beads stay in their own cup of water. I'd imagine water beads would look nice in vases of their own, or small decorative see-through jars. But mine just stay in a Coca-Cola cup. Water beads are amazing.
Name appears on post

Kingston, PA

#531370 May 8, 2013
https://www.google.com/search...

HEY!! I see images of water beads with plastic insects and other things added!! What a cool idea!!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#531371 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What church? I've told you a hundred times that I don't have one.
It is my understanding that "the church" is the body of Christ. Are you not a part of that? Or do you see "the church" as the physical building that one chooses to or not to worship in?

IMO another definition of "the church" is the political and financial institute behind most denominations. I'll leave it at that.

We seem to be on different pages in this thread when defining "the church"...either that...I am just not getting it...I do get confused at times.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#531372 May 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Very true Tri, like the song goes 'if you lean on Jesus, he'll never let you down', I'm a witness to how true this is.
Peace.
true thing. Knowing Jesus Christ spiritually, is the whole point of Christianity.
nurface

Manchester, KY

#531373 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course they are. You imagine that you are watched 24/7 by an angry, panty sniffing, cosmic nanny that judges and rewards or punishes you according to your every deed. If he counts the hairs on your head, you know he's counting everything else.
But you pretend that that isn't a factor.
We already know why most of you don't go wilding and berserking. The answer is related to the fact that you have no idea why we don't.
Your entire moral philosophy is infantile and selfish. It's all about pleasing daddy and saving your own ass.
Contrast that with an unbeliever, who, when he does good, as when pulling over and saving a turtle crossing a country road. It's a spiritual feeling, a divine feeling. For a moment, in one tiny corner of the universe, with nobody looking to pat him on the back or reward him, nor punish him if he doesn't, a man takes responsibility for a tiny life in a tiny part of the universe because it mattered, and because there was literally nobody else to do it.
On the contrary, you strike me to be the person who would place the poor little turtle on a fence post, and watch it dangle its feet in mid air as you smoke a cig and drink your kool aid. And then drive off with a grinn on your face! But thats irrelavent..grinn.
In that moment, he is his own judge, his own arbiter of good, sufficiently aware, concerned and powerful to be that creature's protector. That's as close to godlike as it gets, and it's a feeling you'll never know.
Where is it you get your "compassion" from?

I means since you claim there is no God, how can you say there is any "good or bad" "right or wrong" in anybody?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#531374 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
*deleted to focus on this one statement

You are free to worship privately as long you obey the law.

I believe that you and I want the same end result for the gay community...I think we just have different methods of getting there.

Can you explain further to me what you mean by the above statement?

When I read it...it sounded eerily similar to how some sound when they say...

"Gays can do what they want as long as they keep it behind closed doors."

"Closet Christians" vs "Closet Gays"...neither one sounds like equality to me.

Maybe I am not understanding you IANS. I tend to view the world with the possibility that we can all be a little kinder...a little more tolerent...a little more peaceful. I know...I am probably also a little naive.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#531375 May 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like choosing not to have cancer, not to be murdered, not to starve to death, not to be raped, ad infinitum.
Yup, If one isn't living in Peace and Happiness it's their own fault.
Not completely. We still have to interact with our environment, which can be quite contrary. Perhaps that was why monks and Essenes separated themselves from the majority.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#531376 May 8, 2013
hick-up wrote:
I don't buy that eternal torment stuff. It's just not my idea of a loving Creator. Annihilation/eternal seperation ...I don't know. But to a caveman, death by fire was probably the worst way to go ...the most agonizing by far.(I can't say I disagree with them on that score) And seeing the earth vomit fire and molten rock probably scared the hell out of them. If I wanted to change someones thinking, I might use that kind of fear based scenario.
World wide flood ...
What did they know of the world?
Dipping into the Bible and taking out the bits that you think are relevant to you is fine. I guess the problems arise when people try and impose what they think are the relevant scriptures onto others.

I won't deny that there is some good stuff in the Bible but that's also true of the Quran, Gita and other holy books. It's safe to say that morality is not something that is confined within any one religion.
hick-up wrote:
Even today there exists much unexplained phenomenon. But to a caveman, everyday was an adventure I'm sure.
Yes, there are observable phenomenon that we can't explain.

Although I'm sure we'll get there and I'm convinced that science is the best method we have for providing real and tangible explanations of our reality.
hick-up wrote:
But what is progress? We still dress in furs and skins. We adorn ourselves with pretty rocks. We stack up rock and create dwellings. We like to think we've harnessed the power of the atom ...Chernobyl says otherwise.
That's always the way with technology. Despite our mastery pf electricity, people still get electrocuted. A lot of these incidents can be put down to stupidity, carelessness, cost-cutting, etc. However, we generally tend to learn from our mistakes.
hick-up wrote:
The plagues of Egypt ...
Something scared the hell out of those people ...Passover, blood on your doorpost ...they still honor that ritual. I can't explain it, but I believe something went on.
I'd say that the Egyptians were extremely superstitious, quite possibly in ways we can hardly imagine. They were fixated with death and a priest could probably give thousands of people the heebie-jeebies by mumbling some sort of local ju-ju.
hick-up wrote:
The Garden of Eden ...
What a beautiful place this earth must of been before man and his distructive ways ...sigh! Creature/Evolution ...I find it mind boggling.
Yeah, we're doing a good job destroying our planet.

We exceeded the earth's ability to feed us without chemical fertilizer nearly a century ago. I also seem to recall reading about how we're close to exhausting our earth's phosphorous sources as well as losing water for irrigation.

This, of course, is a problem that can be addressed with logic and reason. What we don't need is to continue "going forth and multiplying". You know, breeding like animals and quite possibly, dying like animals.
hick-up wrote:
Again, I don't consider mankind the highest order of life. Just look at the distruction a simple virus can cause. And as long as man wages war against his brother, we will live for want of something better ...something greater than ourselves. Whether some chose to admit it or not.
Agreed. We're certainly not the "crown of creation" that so many believers think we are and despite what the Bible says, we don't have dominion over all the earth's creatures.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#531377 May 8, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that you and I want the same end result for the gay community...I think we just have different methods of getting there.
Can you explain further to me what you mean by the above statement?
When I read it...it sounded eerily similar to how some sound when they say...
"Gays can do what they want as long as they keep it behind closed doors."
"Closet Christians" vs "Closet Gays"...neither one sounds like equality to me.
Maybe I am not understanding you IANS. I tend to view the world with the possibility that we can all be a little kinder...a little more tolerent...a little more peaceful. I know...I am probably also a little naive.
""Gays can do what they want as long as they keep it behind closed doors."
"Closet Christians" vs "Closet Gays"...neither one sounds like equality to me."

not that we're on speaking terms, Annie, but did you know that in most public schools it's allowed to have a LGBT club but not a Christian because of the seperation of church and state rules?

also, did you know that there are legal battles over the rights to hand out Bibles and Christian literature at gay pride events? can you imagine the reverse, where any court would even entertain the idea of a case involving trying to ban gay rights literature?

yep, hold on to your butt cuz "as it was in the days of sodom so shall it be in the end" Jesus

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

#531378 May 8, 2013
mr universal wrote:
He loves me because He knows i'm nothing without Him
I understand; he's your crutch.

Nottingham, UK

#531379 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a little side note in history, you've probably heard of it - The holocaust.
I'd bet you think the Nazis murdered 6 million Jews and that's where it ended. I'd also bet you'd be surprised to know(based on the ignorance of your posts) that there was actually a total of 17 million people murdered by the Nazis...
The Nazis also targeted some religious groups,(about 2,000 Jehovah's Witnesses perished in the concentration camps); they were held for political and ideological reasons. Thousands of Christian clergy were killed by the Nazis, including some who had a Jewish background, as in the case of Edith Stein. In some countries Roman Catholic bishops and even Catholics themselves had openly protested and attacked Nazi policies. For instance, in the Netherlands and Poland, where bishops and priests had protested the deportation of Jews, the clergy was either threatened with deportation themselves and kept in custody (as in the case of German bishop Clemens von Galen), or directly deported to concentration camps (as in the cases of the Dutch Carmelite priest Titus Brandsma and Polish Fr. Maximilian Kolbe, who was later canonized). The Catholic Church was particularly suppressed in Poland: between 1939 and 1945, an estimated 3,000 members (18%) of the Polish clergy, were murdered; of these, 1,992 died in concentration camps.[27] In the annexed territory of Reichsgau Wartheland it was even more harsh: churches were systematically closed and most priests were either killed, imprisoned, or deported to the General Government. Eighty per cent of the Catholic clergy and five bishops of Warthegau were sent to concentration camps in 1939; 108 of them are regarded as blessed martyrs.[27] Religious persecution was not confined to Poland: in Dachau concentration camp alone, 2,600 Catholic priests from 24 different countries were killed.[27] Some dissenting German Protestant clergy, such as those who founded the anti-Nazi Confessing Church, were also persecuted. The Baha'i Faith, which teaches as its doctrine, the unity of humanity, was formally banned in the Third Reich.
https://www.google.com/search...
There more. Educate yourself.
I take what you say however we were talking about German Christians and not Poles, Dutch, etc. They may well have spoken out against Hitler, seeing as they'd just been invaded. However, the question was why the German population (which was predominantly Christian) didn't speak out against Hitler and not the Poles, Dutch and other nations steamrollered by Hitler.

Were the 2000 JWs Germans? I don't know but they were Christians (although a lot of people on Topix would dispute that). In any event, it seems that they weren't killed for speaking out against Hitler but as your post says, for political and ideological reasons.

Skombolis (hope I got that right) mentioned how difficult it would have been for German Christians to speak out for fear of reprisals.

However, even when there's no risk of reprisals, we know from the Iraq war that the majority of Christians didn't speak out against the slaughter of tens of thousands of Iraqis.

#531380 May 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
there are non-believers here like yourself and a couple of others who do not go on the attack against our belief IN Christ by calling our God an imaginary deity and speaking all manner of ignorant and blasphemous statements against our faith, but most of the unbelievers here do so sadly enough
<quoted text>
You have your nerve.
I feel free to use language to describe Christians that is at least as strong as your bible uses to describe unbelievers, which includes the words and phrases like fool, vile, corrupt, wicked, dark, liar, the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers. Your beautiful book also implies that not one of us is any good . not even one - and that it is appropriate to throw us into fire while still conscious.
As for blasphemy, tell your pathetic god to stick his problem with unbelievers up his vile, corrupt ass.
You want respect for your religion, huh? How is that possible given what it says about the people you want respect from?
<quoted text>
Our problem with you is about the same. Deal with it, just like we have.
Do you really think that we should treat your god with more respect than you treat gays and atheists? I don't.
==========
And I encourage others to think about why they do if they do. Christian homophobia and atheophobia should be matched with equally uninhibited judgments about your religion and your god. Why not? Just saying that the Christian god is a mythical character is blasphemous and offensive to most of them, so you hardly need to worry about doing that. You will.
*OO*-RAH!
Name appears on post

Kingston, PA

#531381 May 8, 2013
You're all getting saved. Don't worry about that. The only issue you should really be concerned with is the relationship you have with God. If God is anything like we are, then you KNOW God picks favorites. But you'll all be saved.

#531382 May 8, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
And thats the problem, people just keep making excuses for him. He said himself he needed 3 years, the fools gave him 8.........
And we're stuck with the bill.
Name appears on post

Kingston, PA

#531383 May 8, 2013
Who knows the nature of God though, really? That's why I said "if." But you'll all be saved.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#531384 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Afraid to answer?
Do you think that political public speeches are a good way to learn the truth about a politician?
No, but that doesn't change the fact that even the ones closest to his level of power confirmed he was a Christian. He was also baptized, wasn't he? Well, that's how you judge the number of Christians there are; there's no national poll asking peoples' religious beliefs.

Once again, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I won't reply to another post by you on this subject because I'm tired of having to explain to you over and over again that you can't dismiss facts just because you don't like them.

Nottingham, UK

#531385 May 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>true thing. Knowing Jesus Christ spiritually, is the whole point of Christianity.
You sure about that?

The New Testament clearly states that we will be judged by our works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min onemale 267,311
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 min ChromiuMan 5,754
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 12 min Ricky F 1,814
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Bongo 793,762
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 18 min mamma-san 221,528
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 19 min Ricky F 53,281
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 35 min Clear Dharma 463
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr hojo 567,383
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 97,429
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 19 hr henk 175