Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep hearing that the U.S.A. was founded on Christian principles and yet, now, almost 54 percent of the first 13 states admitted into the Union allow same sex marriage.
Just sayin
What Union was that?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Leviticus, the Atonement was made as soon as Caiaphas handed Jesus over to Pilate.
No need for death or resurrection of Jesus to make the Atonement.
Good Morning G. Wanting to get into Leviticus again?:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your response Lacez.....
In this life....NOT everyone will be able to live in Peace or be Happy.....
But it is Choice we CAN make....
Like choosing not to have cancer, not to be murdered, not to starve to death, not to be raped, ad infinitum.

Yup, If one isn't living in Peace and Happiness it's their own fault.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning Everyone :)

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm new to this thread so there's no way I'm going to plough through all the posts.
However, I do know that based on one of your posts, I took you for a Christian. You responded by saying you're not a Christian and I apologised to you.
For your sake, I hope you're telling the truth and not lying to me.
For my sake ...that's funny.

There is nothing you can do to me that could cause me more grief than the grief I already know.

So why would I lie?

But to be clear, I responded by saying, "you'd have to ask a Christian" ...and you apologised.

Are we clear now?

Can you use a search engine such as Google?
So google hick-up,topix.

When I came here I was as fundicized as the worst of them. But you'll soon notice a progression of change. My views have changed. There are many intelligent posters to be found in the halls of Topix. I prefer to seek them out, hear their views, compare them with my own, re-evaluate, and perhaps come to a new conclusion. I prefer to evolve ...nuthing remains the same, change cannot be stopped ...and I ain't no ol stick in the mud.

I don't accept the Bible as it is written just because that's what I've been taught. I prefer to think for myself, draw my own conclusions, revel in my accomplishments-take my medicine when I'm wrong.

But make no mistake, I do believe in a higher power. But do I believe the Christmas story ...I'll let you know when I'm settled.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello HL. I really couldn't say what happened. Years ago I used to think that anger and hate was caused by pain. I have gone through some prety trying years and somewhere along the way I forgot that. Today while at work I remembered. I used to be able to look past the hateful speach and see the need for love and understanding, compassion. I thought about how in some ways, I lost who I was. No matter how hard I might try, I can not make anyone anything. But, I remembered today why it is important to look past the hate to the hurt. I can't make the world love. But, I can love those in the world. And maybe, if someone, would love through the hurt, maybe the world would be a better place. Yes, I do believe Jesus did that. But, I also believe that we should follow his example. They/ we crucified him and he said forgive them father for they know not what they do. I don't know your beliefs in regards to God. But the example is a good one. Love them, even if they hate. It might not be easy. But I believe it is what the world needs.
I agree Bernie....Did you see how Kait responded to HFN's post.....Hurt people.....Hurt other people....All HFN did was show her heart and Kait saw it....

It was Jesus through HFN....

Good job HFN

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm new to this thread so there's no way I'm going to plough through all the posts.
However, I do know that based on one of your posts, I took you for a Christian. You responded by saying you're not a Christian and I apologised to you.
For your sake, I hope you're telling the truth and not lying to me.
And welcome ...I pray you'll enjoy your stay.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like choosing not to have cancer, not to be murdered, not to starve to death, not to be raped, ad infinitum.
Yup, If one isn't living in Peace and Happiness it's their own fault.
Those are choices beyond our control Duane....We only have control of a small part of our environment....

Choosing to be HAPPY and PEACEFUL is a couple of them

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning Everyone :)
MORNING Bernie.....

:-)

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are choices beyond our control Duane....We only have control of a small part of our environment....
Choosing to be HAPPY and PEACEFUL is a couple of them
If they are "beyond our control" then they aren't choices.

I am not sure you understand what the word "choice" means.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

You watched your child suffer and die. I won't even say I know what you are going through. I will say I understand the anger because of the hurt. I understand the question why. I understand the mouth crying I don't believe while the heart cries I don't understand, it doesn't make sense. Some of those last days were so painful and yet so blessed to have them, just wish you could have had more. Perhaps those last day were lengthened to give you a few more of those precious memories. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. And there is no more pain, no more crying, no more suffering. Peace. Instead of running from God. Think about running to him. So when you work here is done, you may join your child in that peace, that is Jesus. I prayed much about it. And today I saw things in a different light. I don't have the answers. But my heart does hurt for the pain you must be feeling. I wish I could heal that hurt. But I can't. If you need to go off on someone to relieve some of the hurt. Fire away. I will not fire back.
With love
B-man
This is addressed to whom?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
MORNING Bernie.....
Hey.....COOL BEANS.....This post has only been up for a few
minutes and I have 10 people dropping negative icons on me.......

This is going to be FUN.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are "beyond our control" then they aren't choices.
I am not sure you understand what the word "choice" means.
I know what choices are Duane.....

Have a great day teaching.....

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your nerve.
I feel free to use language to describe Christians that is at least as strong as your bible uses to describe unbelievers, which includes the words and phrases like fool, vile, corrupt, wicked, dark, liar, the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers. Your beautiful book also implies that not one of us is any good . not even one - and that it is appropriate to throw us into fire while still conscious.
As for blasphemy, tell your pathetic god to stick his problem with unbelievers up his vile, corrupt ass.
You want respect for your religion, huh? How is that possible given what it says about the people you want respect from?
<quoted text>
Our problem with you is about the same. Deal with it, just like we have.
Do you really think that we should treat your god with more respect than you treat gays and atheists? I don't.
==========
And I encourage others to think about why they do if they do. Christian homophobia and atheophobia should be matched with equally uninhibited judgments about your religion and your god. Why not? Just saying that the Christian god is a mythical character is blasphemous and offensive to most of them, so you hardly need to worry about doing that. You will.
Were you raised by a woman?
Was there a man in your childhood?
A constant companion, someone to teach you to shake it before putting it back in your pants, someone that let you experience grease for yourself ...teach you to tie on a fish hook, ride a bike ...overcome your fear and take your ball back from the bully.
Did you have this person?

Because you talk like someone snooty, someone that wasn't allowed to play in the mud ...someone that throws a ball like a girl.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Where I was born, some folks consider them an amazing source of comfort food.
The world is bigger than we think.
Do we judge?
My Nail technician is from Vietnam...and said her Uncle cooked dog all the time....He fooled her once telling her it was something else. She said it smelled delishious....but couldn't eat it thinking of the poor dog that was killed and cooked. Isn't it funny how cultures define alot of Taboo foods. Do Americans think of the poor chicken or the cow they eat?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
For my sake ...that's funny.
There is nothing you can do to me that could cause me more grief than the grief I already know.
So why would I lie?
But to be clear, I responded by saying, "you'd have to ask a Christian" ...and you apologised.
Are we clear now?
Can you use a search engine such as Google?
So google hick-up,topix.
When I came here I was as fundicized as the worst of them. But you'll soon notice a progression of change. My views have changed. There are many intelligent posters to be found in the halls of Topix. I prefer to seek them out, hear their views, compare them with my own, re-evaluate, and perhaps come to a new conclusion. I prefer to evolve ...nuthing remains the same, change cannot be stopped ...and I ain't no ol stick in the mud.
I don't accept the Bible as it is written just because that's what I've been taught. I prefer to think for myself, draw my own conclusions, revel in my accomplishments-take my medicine when I'm wrong.
But make no mistake, I do believe in a higher power. But do I believe the Christmas story ...I'll let you know when I'm settled.
The reason I said "for your sake" was not because of anything I would do. Rather, it is what the supreme creator being of our universe will do as explained in the Bible.

Revelations says quite clearly that all liars are going into that lake of fire.

Hence if you were being honest about your not being a Christian you're fine and won't have a care in the world; but if not, then the Bible says you'll burn and that may cause concern.

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death"

Revelations 21:8

But kudos to you for not believing that bit of scripture...

Sadly, there are all-too-many people who hang on every syllable as the divine and error-free word of their god.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what choices are Duane.....
Have a great day teaching.....
Then you realize that things we have no control over are not choices, right ?

Sorry, Epi. I just don't understand your posts this morning.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
And welcome ...I pray you'll enjoy your stay.
Thanks!

I appreciate the welcome.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

IMO wrote:
MEMORIES
Ham wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Annie..
Back again..Just got home from my Bible Study..Everything went well..I can hardly wait for the Rapture....
Gonna hit the hay..It has been a very long day for me..
If the Holy Spirit awakens me I Will head out to your bench..I am beginning to appreciate the quiet and stillness more and more..That is when I feel God presence the most.. "Be still." Not very appealing to fleshy folks but maybe some day it will..
Hope you are feeling better..
Ham
Hi Annie..
Darn if it isn't three o'clock in the morning..The HS is being true to form as He always is.. I can hardly believe it..But it is true..
Back at your bench again..A beautiful moonlit night..Everything is so still..The sounds of silence are everywhere..Man, I sure can let go and allow my imagination and fantasies to run wild..This is when I am the most creative and free..Free from the bondage of reality..I can see why Cinderella, Snow White and Dorothy were so interesting and charming..Little Red Riding Hood would be there with them as well.. They all had a yearning to escape from their boxes..To see the world, so to speak..
Where will I go..That is the question..What is it that I want to experience before I am called home..The Rapture can come at any moment..Like a thief in the night... Is there anything for me to experience before that happens..The sixty four thousand dollar question..I must allow my imagination to have the freedom it deserves...
I am leaning towards the green, green, grass of home..To recapture and experience those wonderful, innocent days of childhood..When a mother's hug meant something to me..When sitting on a hillside with Regina, my first real love, munching on tea berry leaves..I could feel the warmth of her body even without touching..Of course, I was only ten or so, but I have never really repeated that experience..The joys of childhood..Those wonder days of exploring ourselves..
Maybe this goal is simply the babbling of a lonely ole man who is waiting to be taken home..I dunno.. Funny I would wish to recapture so much of the past..There will be no time in Heaven..No memories to ponder over..Better do it now, while I still can..
Well my squirrel is looking at me sorta funny..so I better go on home to my precious little Boo and cuddle up with him for the rest of the darkness..Dawn will come soon enuf..
Ham
Good to see Hambo's posts.....What a sweet man...Miss him ALOT!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 509,781 - 509,800 of598,703
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

588 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min EdmondWA 93,131
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Proxy Queen 715,908
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Buck Crick 223,040
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Hidingfromyou 529,653
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 17 min been 324
bless the jews (Nov '08) 22 min precious blood of YESHUA 6,778
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Charlie Sheen 255,557
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Ava 58
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••