Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#531070 May 7, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Experiencing God Day By Day:
Go up and Possess It
Look, the LORD your God has set the land before you; go up and possess it, as the LORD God of your fathers has spoken to you; do not fear or be discouraged.(Deuteronomy 1:21)
One of the paradoxes of the Christian life is that God’s gifts often require labor on our part. God brought the Israelites to the Promised Land and told them He was going to “give” it to them (Num. 13:2). The gift of the Promised Land sounded great to the Israelites until they realized that, with the gift, came battles against giants and fortified cities! Perhaps they assumed God was going to obliterate the inhabitants of the land before they entered. Ideally for the Israelites, they could then have entered a vacant land with houses and cities already built and ready to inhabit.
Instead, God said they would have to fight for it. They would not have to fight in their own strength, however; God would be present to fight for them. God would bring down the walls of cities, give them strategies to defeat their enemies, and empower their warriors to fight. The Israelites would have a divine advantage over anyone they fought, but they would still have to fight.
It would be wonderful if, when we become Christians, God would fill our minds with a complete knowledge of the Bible and with Bible verses already memorized. It would be easy if God would instill in us a delight in spending hours in prayer each day and a fearless desire to share our faith with others. But God doesn’t relate to us that way. Instead, He gives us the free gift of His salvation and then tells us to “work out” our salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12b). Are you discouraged because the Christian life is more difficult and challenging than you expected? Don’t be. God’s gifts to you are perfect because, through them, God makes you perfect as well (Matt. 5:48; James 1:17).
THX for posting this HFN. Made me think of this as well as far as benefiting from the gifts God gives us

Isaiah 40:29-31

"He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint."

(T) Peace

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#531072 May 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a guy that a few days ago called those that protect family members as "gun nuts" (your words) Do you ever do as you say? Ever?
Yeah, gun nuts.

I call them as I see them.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#531073 May 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to this session of the "Blame Man First" club, brought to you by the pessimists, nihilists, and misanthropes at Jesus, Inc.
Your god's gift would have been about as useless to a pair of easily tempted babes left unattended in the presence of temptation that exceeded their modest ability to control themselves as an electric blender would have been, especially with the greatest supervillain in the universe put there to ensure that they were overmatched. You call him the great deceiver, don't you? It is sickening that you blame the victims here, who were obvious set up to fail.
<quoted text>
Translation: man shouldn't even try to help himself. He should just submit to and obey the priests.
Lets see, do I believe God or the whining of IANS? I believe God and there is nothing IANS can do to change that so he keeps whining. That is whining not winning some fight against God. But if it floats your boat go ahead and whine your little heart out.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#531074 May 7, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll you really need to find a new job. You've been working at "Delusions-R-Us" for far to long.
maybe I sound familiar to you sir
but this topic needs you and people like Skombolis to use double edged sword of god against those abomnable moral atheistic filth so called secualr humanity

day by day this world is worse as day before
May God bless you old pal
and be always careful not to much excited
God loves you,
maybe our words are harsh,mstly true man appear very harsh?
but our hearts follow same law of our precious beloved Lord?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#531075 May 7, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Life? What do you mean with gift of life? I ain't got a life.
LOL.... then who is writing your postings if you don't have a life? Perhaps you worry too much about things that are really not your concern! Focus instead of the happiness that this old world has to offer ~ cuddle a dog, they are amazing sources of comfort :)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#531076 May 7, 2013
LOL LOl LOl
You guys are cracking me up. I guess my husband is wondering what I’m laughing at.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#531077 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, gun nuts.
You should get out more. That parking lot you call home does not represent the rest of this country.

It's true, the majority of this country has trees and grass, the seasons change, and many people rely on the winter kill to stock the freezer ...many garden and put up veggie's and preserves ...make their own pickles, apple butter, and mince meat pie. Some still burn coal in the fireplace ...or a pot belly stove.

Meat & produce does not come from your grocer.

Head north or east until you find a mountain ...climb it and peek over the top ...whats on the other side will amaze you.

#531078 May 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
I'm glad you've been hanging around. This has been a most rewarding thread. I hope it is for you, too.
Indeed it is good ~ you often bring to mind "There, but for the grace of GOD, go I" and GOD forbid I would ever turn into something like you.....

#531079 May 7, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are going to argue with the dictionary. Doesn’t surprise me.
Bigots rarely understand or comprehend they are bigots, but call many bigots for having beliefs. We know what bigotry means, and there are indeed many in here, enjoying their high school reunion.

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#531080 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, gun nuts.
But if anyone else calls it as they see it ...you attach a label.

Like I said yesterday ...you are one sided.

See this ketch ...your ethics are screwing you!
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#531081 May 7, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
(c:
Anyone who knows you Truths knows the charges being made against you are not true.

Keep on keeping on Lady.
HFN

#531082 May 7, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a Charter Member of WSJLM ...my seat isn't for sale. Many here don't agree with my philosophy, yet they accept me ...while they shun you.
HEY EVERYBODY ...
Maybe we could give Ians another chance. Maybe he wasn't trying to be an ass ...it's just Ians being Ians. Maybe it's just who he is.
He just wants to be accepted ...he has no one.
Well, I misspoke ...he has Kait.
~snicker~
Whad'da ya say??
"Snicker" ~ I have seen some of her very vulgar postings in forums I no longer venture into, knowing I do not belong there. Too bad the same comprehension and understanding is not shared, but that, I guess, is arrogance, pure and simple and at its rawest kind.

#531083 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you f_cking serious?!?
You wanna compare Hitler to "most Christians"?!
You're a sicko.
In this instance, I have to agree with you ~ absolutely sick comment.....

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#531084 May 7, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed it is good ~ you often bring to mind "There, but for the grace of GOD, go I" and GOD forbid I would ever turn into something like you.....
And I ...

#531085 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Epiphany2 wrote:
Jesus is the HOPE for everyone.
<quoted text>
You are not we.
Good point.....
Do Do Cockodoo

Baltimore, MD

#531087 May 7, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see, do I believe God or the whining of IANS? I believe God and there is nothing IANS can do to change that so he keeps whining. That is whining not winning some fight against God. But if it floats your boat go ahead and whine your little heart out.
agree
IANS whin
make majority lough
he is not able to achieve anything,evne find good spot on the parking lot to set up his god computer or rest night time

his boat is full of holes,and doesn't float only sinks without of any human image inside of not God human little heart

#531088 May 7, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Hey Ians ...
Can ya feel the love?
LOL.... can we feel his love?? Can we feel how he cares for our feelings? Can we understand his need to be here, day after day, rubbishing JESUS and Christians and our beliefs? NOPE!!
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#531089 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
THX for posting this HFN. Made me think of this as well as far as benefiting from the gifts God gives us
Isaiah 40:29-31
"He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint."
(T) Peace
This is true Skombolis, God does give us strength and opens doors for us too. When we are walking with God and it didn’t seem that it would but it all falls in place, that is God.
:)
HFN

#531090 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
trifecta1 wrote:
1. Science has not been able to turn non life into life-Fact.
<quoted text>
Ah...
So the whole "there's no objective evidence for God" thing is out the window, too.
Neato.
Their hero (or one of them);

"Speaking to a sold out crowd at the Berkeley Physics Oppenheimer Lecture, Hawking said yesterday that he now believes the universe spontaneously popped into existence from nothing. He said more work is needed to prove this but we have time because 'Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end."

http://old.richarddawkins.net/articles/806

Spontaneously popped into existence..... brilliant deduction, I don't think!!
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#531091 May 7, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Bigots rarely understand or comprehend they are bigots, but call many bigots for having beliefs. We know what bigotry means, and there are indeed many in here, enjoying their high school reunion.
Ha---this is true--I have never called anyone a bigot in my life---but on here --it sure seems to fit a LOT of them!

Lord 'forgive me , for I know not what I do sometimes---or WHY I do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 3 min KannadaisGold 1,804
Can anyone tell me anything about Tavis Amezcua? (Oct '12) 4 min Knock off purse s... 3
Gay Nation Wants To Replace American Flag 7 min Knock off purse s... 2
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min waaasssuuup 5,809
Cat Lovers (Aug '07) 11 min An NFL Fan 4,405
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Buck Crick 853,991
Poll Doctor REALITY is: 12 min Knock off purse s... 14
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min kent 595,954
The Christian Atheist debate 44 min -Alan S Shole- 781
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 50 min Legendary Karma 444,169
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jac 100,731
More from around the web