|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the rest of the human race- he still chose flesh over God- HOWEVER he repented and repaired-
Jesus is from David's blood line- I used to think that was the only reason God kept forgiving him- but when I grew more= I realised it is the same offer we all have!!
Can you show where David repented and repaired for having hundreds of wives and concubines?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
:)

Just waving HI

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuality is others choice- fine if they choose it-they can vote for it.

I do not vote on the topic- and as far as I know was never given the chance to.
Now that we've finally gotten to the bottom of your claim:
When did you choose to be straight?

If you think homosexuality is a choice and that's how you justify attempting to deny people rights, then let me ask you this:
Do you think we should be able to vote on Christians' rights?
I mean, religion is a choice.
You are not born religious, you are taught religion.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides do it Lawest.
I do agree that we have a tendency to profile people as a group and not an individual.
Some Christians believe that all non-Christians are some evil wicked immoral pieces of garbage...you choose to believe that without knowing us as individuals.
You said...
"they blame all of Christ children for the actions of a few hypocrites and pretenders,"
You do realize that you are doing the same things yourself that non-Christians do...you are judging the faith of others.
You (when I use "you" I am referring not to you as an individual but as a collective group) also do the same to non-Christians.
What I am getting at is that one side is no better than the other.
Good evening Annie. I do understand the point that you are trying to make here, but in defense of myself I would say that perhaps I wasn't careful enough in my posts in conveying my points on concerning those who tend to lump all believers together in one basket, I for one do not have it in my mind that all unbelievers are in habit of putting us all in one category, there are non-believers here like yourself and a couple of others who do not go on the attack against our belief IN Christ by calling our God an imaginary deity and speaking all manner of ignorant and blasphemous statements against our faith, but most of the unbelievers here do so sadly enough, and I was generally referring to those that do so.

I am not so much judging them in particular as their errant behavior is simply speaking for itself, and we are simply calling that foolish behavior out, I have no problem with anyone who does not believe because I understand that the only way that they CAN believe, is to be so Blessed of our Lord and Savior to do so, and which is why we count ourselves among the most Blessed, but our problem comes in with all the demeaning remarks against our faith, beliefs and against ourselves as a individual as a whole, and even more damning ( to them ) is that they speak again.........most blasphemous and nasty words of evil against our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who is the author and finisher of our faith, this is not to be unexpected of course as we were warned by the Lord himself that the way of truth will be evil spoken of, but at times it is pretty annoying to deal with, but we do pray for you all as well.

Peace.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not forcing you to do anything, I'm voicing my opinions.
To say that you wish for everyone to be in peace with each other and be happy, but then to vote against their rights, is extremely hypocritical.
What is loving about taking away people's rights?
If its a right someone never had, how is it "taking away" anything?

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>I like Red Licorice- So I buy it.

I like pizza...so I make it or buy it...

I don't eat liver so I don't buy it...

Are you okay?? Maybe you have low blood sugar or high blood pressure which prevents you from moving off a topic?? I am hoping that you will spend more time enjoying what is positive in life- and not focusing on things which you have no control over. Your current situation is not healthy.
And when did you CHOOSE to like red licorice? Can you choose to dislike it?
If so, I would love to know how you can change the chemical makeup of your tongue to do so on a whim.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
lol well blessing come in many forms.I am so thankful for what I have in life.
Amen sister.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it hammer the town of Portales.Was two inches of hail fell in a very short time.People said in news cast they never seen such a thing happen so quickly.But let face it the world is changing every moment of the day.Just sharing is all.
Yep, just to show you what the power of God is capable of.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it was the evil drugs that did that to you.

No, Dimwit. You were weak, which is why you went to prison.

You still are weak. You control your impulses with a fear of hell. Now you have a reason not to engage in antisocial activities.

I suppose I should be pleased, and count it a small victory for religion if the streets are slightly safer because it gave you a reason to stop hurting people.
I keep seeing you refer to his sentence, what exactly was he imprisoned for?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read my post?
You're attempting to declare war on a post that said "I won't bother you."
I had no issue with your reply to PW

Just wanted to make some points about the earlier question. Even when legit, the practice of essentially calling someone out to hold them accountable for not making public rebukes at our choosing, and especially ones that force them to announce where they stand on controversial issues, is an inherently problematic thing to do.

I did however like the fact that you did not badger her, accepted her response, and the fact that she was under no obligation to clarify. So in fairness I probably should have acknowledged that. I just generally dislike the practice because at its best it requires someone else to confirm to our moral view less suffer the consequences. But again, your approach to it was much more reserved than what I have seen in the past and there may have been some genuine curiosity. I just wanted to make some points to provide some food for thought

(T) Peace

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>So it was the Christians that bombed the hell out of the UK. So when Churchill came begging for men lives, guns, and the machinery to make war; who did the USA send?

Why didn't you people seek out some witchs to save your ass?
So you're claiming they were all atheists right? Get a grip on reality.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not forcing you to do anything, I'm voicing my opinions.
To say that you wish for everyone to be in peace with each other and be happy, but then to vote against their rights, is extremely hypocritical.
What is loving about taking away people's rights?
What "rights" is that we are trying to take away?
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
...the ransom he (Jesus) paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God
1 Peter 1:18a-19
K-Love
Uh-Uh!
According to the geneaology, Jesus, who is not the christ, was the son of Joseph.
That's why he is called Yeshua ben Josef.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

high end wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct.
The tanakh refers to a messianic event, but not the christian version.
The Tanakh is OT
5 Books of the Torah Moses;Genesis,Exodus.Leviticus . Numbers. Deutoronomy
Nevim books
and Kethuvim books
prophecying future Saviour of Jews and world chosen by grace children of the earth limmited number

since Jews killed own Saviour,
salvation is departed from whole chosen by G-D Jewish nation,and given to gentiles together with NT,
because OT ceremonial jewish nation lost legal validation to be directly saved
it means only single remnant of Jews can be saved .not whole nation

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>I think they see one of the last places they can vent their frustrations is slipping away, as did the bigotry against Blacks a few decades ago, and some people can't be happy unless they have someone else who they can try to make unhappy.
That makes perfect sense and is probably the reason. It's just sad that they still think that way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I worship Dave Grohl in the sense that I appreciate his talent and great insights.
Worship could mean to highly admire someone, and that's the worship I show towards Grohl.
I am not too proud to admit i had to do a Google search to find out that is a musician!

Ok, now that I see the sense you meant it in I won't pursue it further. Had you meant it in the way I thought I would have been interested in the explanation. And my intent also was not to jump on maybe a qualification that wasn't necessary insofar as saying religious sense. Semantic arguments are disingenuous to me. If you had truly felt is was ok to worship someone, worship in the more traditional sense, I really was interested what other scenario other than religious would make sense. Thank you for explaining how you meant it

(T) Peace

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who said he wasn't a Christian you sure seem to be getting uppity about this.
Just pointing out the obvious.

You've read the posts. Those who feel they've an ax to grind feel compelled to compare the posters here to Hitler. It's enough already.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at Kaitlin's comment with all the quotes.
Your denial doesn't make Hitler any less of a Christian.
Now, just to clarify, because some people here obviously can't read my comments without misunderstanding them:
Hitler was a Christian, yes, but I'm not saying that all Christians are like Hitler.
Yes I know, but you're saying that Hitler was a Christian and I don't know why. His words, his private words, and his actions clearly show that he's not a Christian of any sort. He hated Christians, he hated Christianity. That is historical fact and you deny it.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey CC...good to see ya. There are over 200 million people in the U.S. alone that claim Christianity. Some do so in name only. And for every bad act someone points to that makes the news there are probably millions of acts of kindness and charity done daily by those trying to get closer to Christ and trying to live a good life in part inspired by their spiritual walk and trust in Christ.I find it ironic that those who want to broadbrush millions use Hitler as an example, thus missing the obvious that they also are someone who hates millions of people they have never met. Hitler was evil personified.People who want to engage in bigotry always search out the worst examples to justify their stance. But they never apply the same weight to the good examples. They know deep down their method is fraudulent.Peace
True. I've been blessed with this new driving job I started back in March. I'm working and paid by a non profit that works to end hunger in this nation. As you can guess since this is a charity many work here other give free time as they can because of their faith. Others may do it just to help out having nothing to do with any faith. Imo if those that profess Christ started speaking of what they did to help out that too would turn into a joke in this place as it wouldn't be seen right and also mocked. Take care.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they see one of the last places they can vent their frustrations is slipping away, as did the bigotry against Blacks a few decades ago, and some people can't be happy unless they have someone else who they can try to make unhappy.
Awww ...poor ol man.
This thread ran for years without you.
Have you read the other 25000 pages?
No!!!
Then you don't know what you're talking about.
I laugh at you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

482 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Uzi 115,675
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min waaasssuuup 224,724
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 533,761
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min WasteWater 257,091
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min Hidingfromyou 93,877
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Hidingfromyou 722,420
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 18 min WasteWater 4,002
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 27 min dodo 457
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr Megamegan 87
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••