Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#531037 May 7, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
If ALL of us could get past the thinking "Oh yea...well you are_______(fill in the blank)"
Are you including the Christians? Are you allowed to do that? Isn't everything the unbelievers' fault? I believe that with few exceptions, it has been until now.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#531038 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I think i am being quite fair
And I have made sure to acknowledge his generally courteous approach each time this has come up
But I have asked him three times myself in previous, similar posts by him how he can possibly come to the conclusions he has that people who have come to WSJLM are embittered and angry and need some sort of online refuge to vent against the world. I have raised valid points and asked very legitimate questions and he never once so much as responded. Yet he continues to make this claim and continues to do so while supporting someone engaging in anti-theism.
He has continually questioned the motives and ethics of the regulars in this room and doesn't have the fortitude or common courtesy to reply when questioned on it. At a certain point when someone continues to make an unfounded and illogical claim and won't address the logic behind it or what possible basis they could have for it, their motives come into play.
That's as fair as it gets
I have not followed the posts you are referring to, but I have read Booooots' posts in various threads over a long period of time.

In my view, nobody is as fair, patient, understanding, open, and courteous as he is.

We'll just have to disagree, and continue to read.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#531039 May 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil. LOL. Boo!
You are a fine ambassador for your religion, and for the power of faith based thought to transform lives. Look at what a fine man you turned out to be.
So how many papayas and avocados did you have to sell to buy your PC?

Fennario

#531040 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Cast a spell on me, shut me up, make me a believer in your sorcery.
Go.
[Hand withers]

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#531041 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher Law Offices
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Advance Payment Required
Call 1-800-CATCHER
So even tho you know you can't win, you still get the money.
Yeah, you're decent allright.

Fennario

#531042 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In public speeches, Hitler said he was a Christian.
So did you.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#531043 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not followed the posts you are referring to, but I have read Booooots' posts in various threads over a long period of time.
In my view, nobody is as fair, patient, understanding, open, and courteous as he is.
We'll just have to disagree, and continue to read.
I like him in general.

One of the more pleasant posters

I simply don't understand the perception. All anyone has to do is read in here to see it is the rarity anybody unsolicited complains about those outside the faith. Sure in the midst of people saying things there are responses. That's just Topix. But nothing to suggest in general people have come to WSJLM out of anger and spite towards unbelievers. Heck, in general as a room we have had a very good relationship with many people outside the faith

But I am fine with doing what you said here:

"We'll just have to disagree, and continue to read"

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#531044 May 7, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
So even tho you know you can't win, you still get the money.
Yeah, you're decent allright.
Didn't you see "satisfaction guaranteed"?

Catcher doesn't know how to lose.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#531045 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually, that is my principal theme, Dimwit.
<quoted text>
Neither disliking you nor disliking your religion are bigotry, Brain Death.
<quoted text>
Why not, maggot? We defend what we support.
Skom struck a nerve didn't he ...or did your burro step on your foot?

Fennario

#531046 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Vampires aren't real.
Prove it.

They're as real as satyrs, gods and gnomes, and enjoy just as much evidential support.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#531047 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.
Most importantly, the right to equal protection.
Have you read any of it?
This from a guy that a few days ago called those that protect family members as "gun nuts" (your words) Do you ever do as you say? Ever?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#531048 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sad yet funny desire to command respect or to see yourself as the spokesman for some pretend group has reached the stage of just pitiful. You are not a "we". Technically you a single "man" who should be capable of speaking for himself without needing to prop his opinion up with the support of imaginary demographics.
Now, go shake your fist at some clouds and say things like "whippersnapper"
LOL
Stop it Skom ...damn it man, I fell out'a my chair.
"shake your fist at clouds ...whippersnapper"!!!
Crack me up ...

Fennario

#531049 May 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
What I am getting at is that one side is no better than the other.
Disagree. The secular humanists here are outperforming the Christians at every level, even at biblical expertise.

Clearwater, FL

#531050 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed
Unless in the few cases where it is generally meant to lead by example, which wouldn't be online, our charitable acts are things we should keep to ourselves. They aren't done for recognition or credit. Although at the same time they are easy enough to find even in the form of Googling things like "Christian charities" or simply looking at the world around one's self. people all over the globe are motivated by their faith to try to make this a better place and people would not have to look far to find good examples if they wanted a reason to believe as strongly as they want a reason not to. At bare minimum, even if it didn't affect belief, the hate for millions upon millions of people they have never met would become obvious to them as to what that really is
(T) Peace
You bet. A lesson that the Lord teaches us. Good to see you bro.

Clearwater, FL

#531051 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Look up in the sky; its a bird, its a plane, its a delusional old man
Now that is funny. Anyone that thinks they are going to stop God is delusional. If this guy is close by the beach he should go stop the tide. He will do that before he stops any part of the living stones of Christ (the church) Lol.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#531052 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you including the Christians? Are you allowed to do that? Isn't everything the unbelievers' fault? I believe that with few exceptions, it has been until now.
Bud, that is absolutely not true. Christians on here have tried to give you atheist a chance to tell your beliefs or your UNbeliefs., not making it your fault---But

You atheist just continue to throw out INSULT after INSULT about Christians,but moreso about OUR Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

You stay in a confused state, and you don't seem to even want to listen or UNDERSTAND anything anybody has to say, except your SELVES. You ONLY hear yourselves talking! You LIKE cutting down Christians and the Bible.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#531053 May 7, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it Skom ...damn it man, I fell out'a my chair.
"shake your fist at clouds ...whippersnapper"!!!
Crack me up ...
Glad you got a chuckle

:)

Clearwater, FL

#531054 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Disagree. The secular humanists here are outperforming the Christians at every level, even at biblical expertise.
Lol.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#531055 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you hearing voices again?
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#531056 May 7, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not forcing you to do anything, I'm voicing my opinions.
To say that you wish for everyone to be in peace with each other and be happy, but then to vote against their rights, is extremely hypocritical.
What is loving about taking away people's rights?
I certainly don't want to take your rights away. We are all Homo Sapiens, after all.

I wonder how many on here do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min youareadufus 47,250
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Rosesz 692,153
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min youareadufus 990,712
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 51 min HalloChristmasWeen 1
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 3 hr Just curious 78
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 4 hr Johnny 471
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 6 hr Doctor REALITY 13
More from around the web