Location hidden

#531007 May 7, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww ...poor ol man.
This thread ran for years without you.
Have you read the other 25000 pages?
No!!!
Then you don't know what you're talking about.
I laugh at you.
This is a theme he keeps pursuing and he has been called on it many times yet chooses not to respond

At a certain point, despite generally liking how he normally posts, it becomes fair to say he is not being honest and is not being honest because he wishes to ingratiate himself with other posters

In what possible reality are the people that gathered for the purpose of discussing religious beliefs and to enagge in friendship and fellowship with those both in and out of the faith the ones with the problem compared to the people that came here in a group, many of which to do nothing less than start problems and some to do nothing more than spread their bigotry?

Or maybe it is just his complete inability to accept the fact that he nor his group poses any threat. They have blown smoke up each other's ass for so long that some actually feel they are succeeding in attacking faith online despite absolutely zero real-life ramifications from their actions. They have made up pretend social demographics and fake constitutions and rage against the religious machine that is society and then try to say we are the ones coming here to vent our frustrations.

I really don't know if it is the inability to recognize their own impotence or just the ongoing trend of needing to be the leader of the circle jerk but the irony would be funny if it wasn't so baffling. 3 out of every 4 people in this country still claim Christianity. And obviously much more than that believe in God in some way or another. Yet it is the theists they believe they have on the run? Its crazy. it is beyond crazy. And yet they call theists delusional. It is what it is

And to clarify this is not a bash at unbelievers in general or even those outside the Christian faith in general. But rather anybody in those categories under the conception that they even show up on our radar in the form of a threat. There are individuals who don't believe that I respect as people. But this militant anti-theist movement that some in here represent is a few beers short of a six-pack.

(T) Peace

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#531008 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
I can't accept demeaning people for their sexual orientation.
I think it's wrong.
And I think Jesus would be ashamed for you, because of your bigoted views.
Sorry. I can't accept a man that claims to stand up for tolerance and has none for a good part of the people that live in this nation. I don't care what a man that doesn't hates the gospel thinks about a faith he knows nothing of. You are just what you claim you are not. Deal with it.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#531009 May 7, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Be accountable to god?
Which one?
I pray to The God of The Bible- and submit to ask Him for direction and to be used for His purpose.

If I catch myself putting something before GOD- and allowing something else to be my god- like my husband or children or in accepting to many things to do outside of my responsibilities- then I draw back in to what God would prefer I do- and live accordingly.

I am married to a non Christian- for 30 yrs we co exist (c: In the early yrs- I allowed my husband to be my god- at the expense of what I know to be right- as I was young. But I stuck it out--- and stayed true to my vows to THE God- in order to learn and grow into the kind of wife who put's Christ first--- and that NEVER neglects my husbands well being.
In doing this-- my husband has grown into the man he is -- secure enough in knowing my love for him...that he trusts me with all areas of his life- and does not fear being close...as many men do.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#531010 May 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. depends who his clients are ..
.. if he teaches law, he has no clients ..
.. if he's a judge, he has no clients ..
<< Catcher pounds gravel on desk then continues posting on Topix >>
Catcher Law Offices
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Advance Payment Required
Call 1-800-CATCHER

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#531011 May 7, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
(c:
I am still waiting for a can of olives <smile>
You probably have a better chance of getting a second branch:)

Another apology is more likely to come before me sending over food.

I like my food!

~snicker

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#531012 May 7, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
If christians would just research the history of both the OT & NT they would notice many red flags popping up.
With today's technology, it's very simple.

Even more relevant, the ancient writings of the Egyptians...
The just word of the "wise" was the primodial hill, or the emergence of order out of chaos and the making of the beam of the balance that kept the two scales together and separated, allowing one to "walk upon the waters", using the surface-tensions of their chaos itself ...
Sound familiar? Much of the Kabalah derived from there also.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#531013 May 7, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps we belong to the gods but this Jesus guy was not the Hebrew promised one.
I have not read your posts long enough to know what your beliefs are- but I DO appreciate the tone and content of your posts
(((((High end))))))
I only know that Jesus IS who the NT says He is- as I feel as if I have met Him- and I know what I have experienced during my journey. No human being could have done the miracles which I have witnessed- and If it was SOME other god answering my prayer....

-why WOULD it answer my prayers which have been prayed to the God of the bible and His Son?

If what I say is pretend- WHY would I and so many others put ourselves out here for a verbal or physical beating ?

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#531014 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If its a right someone never had, how is it "taking away" anything?
You probably would have said that to slaves, had you lived in the mid-1800s.

Nice guy, RR.

Location hidden

#531015 May 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
True. I've been blessed with this new driving job I started back in March. I'm working and paid by a non profit that works to end hunger in this nation. As you can guess since this is a charity many work here other give free time as they can because of their faith. Others may do it just to help out having nothing to do with any faith. Imo if those that profess Christ started speaking of what they did to help out that too would turn into a joke in this place as it wouldn't be seen right and also mocked. Take care.
Indeed

Unless in the few cases where it is generally meant to lead by example, which wouldn't be online, our charitable acts are things we should keep to ourselves. They aren't done for recognition or credit. Although at the same time they are easy enough to find even in the form of Googling things like "Christian charities" or simply looking at the world around one's self. people all over the globe are motivated by their faith to try to make this a better place and people would not have to look far to find good examples if they wanted a reason to believe as strongly as they want a reason not to. At bare minimum, even if it didn't affect belief, the hate for millions upon millions of people they have never met would become obvious to them as to what that really is

(T) Peace

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#531016 May 7, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> What "rights" is that we are trying to take away?
Rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.

Most importantly, the right to equal protection.

Have you read any of it?

Location hidden

#531017 May 7, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
He is Yahweh Elohiym.... El for Elohiym, some spell it Elohim.
Just thought you may want to know.
Shalom.
CS.
Hey CS!

Just waving HI:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#531018 May 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS is not alone.
By a long shot.
<quoted text>
.. Catcher and IANS do not stand alone. When it comes to their position on human rights and the damage that some brands of religion cause, I'm proud to stand side-by-side with them ..
And I stand with you. Together we can push that loathsome church back further and faster. The value of doing that - the inverse of the harm that the church does - is probably pretty apparent to most of us by now.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#531020 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably have a better chance of getting a second branch:)
Another apology is more likely to come before me sending over food.
I like my food!
~snicker
((((Steve)))))) I love you brother. You owe me no apology to begin with. I do KNOW your heart my friend-

We love and hope to serve God- it is a journey of learning- and I am an old lady-- so I have had more years to ponder and disect what I did and do-

I didn't mean to hurt any ones feelings. I truly want us all to be in His word and ways- and I can't seem to drop that part of me.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#531021 May 7, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly.
YahwehMart is funny.

Admit it.

Location hidden

#531022 May 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And I stand with you. Together we can push that loathsome church back further and faster.
LOL

Look up in the sky; its a bird, its a plane, its a delusional old man

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#531023 May 7, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
God gave us paradise and we sinned and got kicked out. Now there is no Eden for us to live in.
Welcome to this session of the "Blame Man First" club, brought to you by the pessimists, nihilists, and misanthropes at Jesus, Inc.

Your god's gift would have been about as useless to a pair of easily tempted babes left unattended in the presence of temptation that exceeded their modest ability to control themselves as an electric blender would have been, especially with the greatest supervillain in the universe put there to ensure that they were overmatched. You call him the great deceiver, don't you? It is sickening that you blame the victims here, who were obvious set up to fail.
Here For Now wrote:
We took over and ran things out own way.
Translation: man shouldn't even try to help himself. He should just submit to and obey the priests.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#531024 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a theme he keeps pursuing and he has been called on it many times yet chooses not to respond
At a certain point, despite generally liking how he normally posts, it becomes fair to say he is not being honest and is not being honest because he wishes to ingratiate himself with other posters
In what possible reality are the people that gathered for the purpose of discussing religious beliefs and to enagge in friendship and fellowship with those both in and out of the faith the ones with the problem compared to the people that came here in a group, many of which to do nothing less than start problems and some to do nothing more than spread their bigotry?
Or maybe it is just his complete inability to accept the fact that he nor his group poses any threat. They have blown smoke up each other's ass for so long that some actually feel they are succeeding in attacking faith online despite absolutely zero real-life ramifications from their actions. They have made up pretend social demographics and fake constitutions and rage against the religious machine that is society and then try to say we are the ones coming here to vent our frustrations.
I really don't know if it is the inability to recognize their own impotence or just the ongoing trend of needing to be the leader of the circle jerk but the irony would be funny if it wasn't so baffling. 3 out of every 4 people in this country still claim Christianity. And obviously much more than that believe in God in some way or another. Yet it is the theists they believe they have on the run? Its crazy. it is beyond crazy. And yet they call theists delusional. It is what it is
And to clarify this is not a bash at unbelievers in general or even those outside the Christian faith in general. But rather anybody in those categories under the conception that they even show up on our radar in the form of a threat. There are individuals who don't believe that I respect as people. But this militant anti-theist movement that some in here represent is a few beers short of a six-pack.
(T) Peace
You are being very, very unfair.

Boooots is always courteous, very open about himself, and honest as the day is long.

He is also completely independent and doesn't belong to any "group."

In my view, you owe him an apology.

Location hidden

#531025 May 7, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
((((Steve)))))) I love you brother. You owe me no apology to begin with. I do KNOW your heart my friend-
We love and hope to serve God- it is a journey of learning- and I am an old lady-- so I have had more years to ponder and disect what I did and do-
I didn't mean to hurt any ones feelings. I truly want us all to be in His word and ways- and I can't seem to drop that part of me.
Hey, hey, hey

You are an experienced lady, not old!

And don't ever drop that part my friend. The desire to want people to maximize their potential in Christ is a very important motivation to have. Most shirk the burden all together. Hey, I can get tunnel vision sometimes. And whether or not I always agree with the how, I have always respected the why. And you do it better than anyone i have met, and that is the honest truth.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#531026 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being very, very unfair.
Boooots is always courteous, very open about himself, and honest as the day is long.
He is also completely independent and doesn't belong to any "group."
In my view, you owe him an apology.
I think i am being quite fair

And I have made sure to acknowledge his generally courteous approach each time this has come up

But I have asked him three times myself in previous, similar posts by him how he can possibly come to the conclusions he has that people who have come to WSJLM are embittered and angry and need some sort of online refuge to vent against the world. I have raised valid points and asked very legitimate questions and he never once so much as responded. Yet he continues to make this claim and continues to do so while supporting someone engaging in anti-theism.

He has continually questioned the motives and ethics of the regulars in this room and doesn't have the fortitude or common courtesy to reply when questioned on it. At a certain point when someone continues to make an unfounded and illogical claim and won't address the logic behind it or what possible basis they could have for it, their motives come into play.

That's as fair as it gets

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#531027 May 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if everyone lived by the principles you exhort, this thread would be peaceful ..
.. unfortunately, that's not the case ..
Hello HL. I agree. And need to make a better effort myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Freebird USA 7,702
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Gabriel 982,346
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Exchange 123,775
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Billary Killed Se... 681,917
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,371
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 286,546
Exit the Jewtrix-Free Conspiracy Documentary 3 hr Sparrow 1
More from around the web