“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#530887 May 7, 2013
sheeesh.....you sure can see the evil of an unregenerate heart that finds fault and challenges a wonderful and generous mission statement like "for God so loved the world that He gave His only Son...."

will God be just in punishing the unrepentent? me thinks so.....

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#530889 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Even priests in prestigious positions were imprisoned for speaking out.
Yes, I've no doubt there were priests who spoke out although I suspect they were the exception rather than the rule.

Another exception is probably Bishop Alois Hudal...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alois_Hudal
Skombolis wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I am a big believer in the old adage that all it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing. However sometimes there is no solution.
I sometimes wonder whether years of anti-semitism and blaming the Jews for causing the death of Jesus through to the blood libel and host desecration was a factor which led to German believers failing to act.
Skombolis wrote:
It took the Allied military might including that of the U.S., Britain, and France to take Germany down. Yes the rest of the world, in part due to propaganda and mediums far less reaching than what is available today, should have acted sooner. But realistically, what could "speaking out" had accomplished for those in the midst of this other than to earn themselves a trip to the prisons or gas chambers? And people had families to worry about.
I don't know, Christians have spoken out before, albeit sometimes at the cost of their lives. I always thought their beliefs came first and foremost. These days I see much Christian hostility directed against gay marriage and how they claim it's against their god's law.

You're saying that they wouldn't be so eager to speak out if it was a matter of their life/death? Isn't that being a fair weather Christian?
Skombolis wrote:
I just saw a documentary at an art museum called Nicky's Family about Nicholas Winton who rescued 669 children right before the war broke out by arranging their travel out of the country. They say the extended families of the children he saved is combined almost 6000 people that were born and lived because of one man. It was an incredible story. I won't give too much more away in case people ever see it. But my point is one man can make a huge difference. But speaking out isn't always the way to go, it may simply just get someone killed.
(T) Peace
One man can certainly make a difference. Thousands can do even more. Would Hitler have been mad enough to kill thousands of his own German gentiles? I'm not so sure.

Nottingham, UK

#530891 May 7, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
So it was the Christians that bombed the hell out of the UK. So when Churchill came begging for men lives, guns, and the machinery to make war; who did the USA send?
Why didn't you people seek out some witchs to save your ass?
We would have but the Christians had killed them all.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#530893 May 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
Christians accounted for the vast majority of the pre-war German population. I think it's safe to say that the proportion of Christians to the rest of the populace was higher than it is in the USA today.
Where were these Christians with their god, their Jesus and their Christian ethics, when the Jews were being rounded up?
Were they lambasting Hitler and speaking out against the wholesale slaughter of the Jews? All this so-called Christian morality, love thy neighbour, etc, simply failed to materialise.
When the chips were down, being a Christian in Germany meant looking away.
So one little European Christian nation whooped the hell out of the whole of Europe?
Them Christians are some bad ass mutha's.

But the Christians that went to the other side of the world and stomped the life outa them bad ol Christians ...those are some really badass mamba-jamba's.
And then those badass mamba-jamba Christians had to rebuild what you people couldn't save.

But you and Mr. G'exactly are right ...Christians suck!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#530894 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus shows up and cures my liver, I'll believe in your magic stories. Until then I will rely on doctors.
Is someone who is always reaching.Smile.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#530895 May 7, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt Catcher because of his posts and time spent here..........
If he really is a lawyer it shouldn't (and I'm sure it doesnt) bother him that I dont believe him......... It really doesnt matter to me one way or the other if he is or isnt, I just dont think he is........
.. some people are very good at multi-tasking ..

With Established Harem

#530896 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. That's like saying McDonald's is responsible for their fat clientele.
.. we must eat to survive. We do not need to smoke to survive ..

.. my understanding of nicotine is it's worse than heroin addiction. If you ever decide to quit smoking and need support, I'll help in anyway I can ..

“~ Prince of Peace~”

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#530897 May 7, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were they missing?

The story is 3 brothers 50...52 and 54 lived in a house where 3 young women were found that had been reported missing. The 52 year old man was a Cleveland School Bus driver. The one girl was held for 10 years and has a 8 year old child and is 27 years old...the other two were 24 and I think 30 something.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#530899 May 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've no doubt there were priests who spoke out although I suspect they were the exception rather than the rule.
Another exception is probably Bishop Alois Hudal...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alois_Hudal
<quoted text>
I sometimes wonder whether years of anti-semitism and blaming the Jews for causing the death of Jesus through to the blood libel and host desecration was a factor which led to German believers failing to act.
<quoted text>
I don't know, Christians have spoken out before, albeit sometimes at the cost of their lives. I always thought their beliefs came first and foremost. These days I see much Christian hostility directed against gay marriage and how they claim it's against their god's law.
You're saying that they wouldn't be so eager to speak out if it was a matter of their life/death? Isn't that being a fair weather Christian?
<quoted text>
One man can certainly make a difference. Thousands can do even more. Would Hitler have been mad enough to kill thousands of his own German gentiles? I'm not so sure.
Did some people harbor anti-Jewish sentiment? Probably. But it would be a pretty big stretch to suggest that meant they were ok with butchering them like animals and throwing children in the air to be caught on spears and sending millions to the gas chambers

And I would say there is quite a difference between speaking out and getting murdered. Absolutely the difference between life and death is going to play a factor. People are human and naturally will be scared to be tortured and killed. Would there be enough willing to die for their beliefs if it could make a difference? I think there would be depending on the issue. But for someone to get not only themselves killed but probably their entire family and gain absolutely nothing from it to me strays from courage and enters into simply irrational. What purpose would it serve?

Better to fight back in ways that might make some difference. Help hide someone, try to use political influence, give someone money to flee, etc. And sometimes there simply are no solutions.

Like i said, it took the military might of three major powers to take this guy out. Some cases there simply is nothing to be gained by a meaningless sacrifice

(T) Peace

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#530900 May 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not address my post so I see no need for any further conversation.
i quoted what Jesus said and out of nowhere you're blaming me again for the discrepencies of all those who call themselves 'christians'!

what am i supposed to do with that, and do you promise this time that we won't have any further conversation?:)

With Established Harem

#530902 May 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think for the same reasons that people doubt IANS...bring up Steve's time behind bars...CC's wife...call other people drunks...accusations of being child molesters...etc etc. They do so to attack the person instead of the subject matter.
It is a way to drive the stake in to anothers being. Personal attacks are made to "hurt or harm"...embarrass...discr edit...
It happens often on here...
When battles can not be won with civil conversation...we go for the throat...hit them where you can do the most damage.
Families...children...careers. ..education...none of it seems to be sacred. Seems to be all about one-upping someone else.
Where is the line that we do not cross?
.. food for thought ..

.. do some posters want people to come down to their level? For instance, Dr. Shrink and his aromatic farts? Why does anyone respond to to an individual with that type of trash talk? It's beyond my comprehension ..

.. since most of us do not know each other, how can anyone "hurt, harm, embarrass or discredit" someone else on Topix ??..

.. your point about going for the throat makes sense. Thanks ..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#530903 May 7, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf are you saying? USA is beside the Vatican and Italy one of the western countries which is most influenced by Christianity.
Which means absolutely nothing about what I was saying.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#530904 May 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. since most of us do not know each other, how can anyone "hurt, harm, embarrass or discredit" someone else on Topix ??..
Yet you have told me repeatedly my posts are "hurtful". Of course i have repeatedly responded I believed those claims were nothing more than a passive-aggressive tactic. Thank you for showing that even you never believed your own claims. I hope that sheds some light onto why I have questioned your honesty in the past as well.

Nottingham, UK

#530905 May 7, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
So one little European Christian nation whooped the hell out of the whole of Europe?
Them Christians are some bad ass mutha's.
But the Christians that went to the other side of the world and stomped the life outa them bad ol Christians ...those are some really badass mamba-jamba's.
And then those badass mamba-jamba Christians had to rebuild what you people couldn't save.
But you and Mr. G'exactly are right ...Christians suck!
For someone who said he wasn't a Christian you sure seem to be getting uppity about this.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#530907 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Go figure. You agree with that anti-Christian drivel. You don't know much about WWII, do ya?
That bastard Hitler had Christians murdered, kicked out of public jobs, and jailed, while he confiscated church property, closed religious schools, shut down Christian organizations, censored or shut down Christian publications, and had their editors murdered.
It was very hard to be a Christian under the Nazi regime.
Einstein was no friend or fan of the church, but he recognized how Hitler suppressed it and changed it.
"Only the Church stood squarely across the path of Hitler's campaign for suppressing the truth... I never had any special interest in the Church before, but now I feel great affection and admiration... and am forced thus to confess that what I once despised, I now praise unreservedly.”
-Albert Einstein.
Here...learn something about the position and action of the churches during WWII within and without Europe.

http://archive.adl.org/braun/dim_14_1_role_ch...

I have more if you wish to educate yourself on the subject.

Nottingham, UK

#530909 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Did some people harbor anti-Jewish sentiment? Probably. But it would be a pretty big stretch to suggest that meant they were ok with butchering them like animals and throwing children in the air to be caught on spears and sending millions to the gas chambers
And I would say there is quite a difference between speaking out and getting murdered. Absolutely the difference between life and death is going to play a factor. People are human and naturally will be scared to be tortured and killed. Would there be enough willing to die for their beliefs if it could make a difference? I think there would be depending on the issue. But for someone to get not only themselves killed but probably their entire family and gain absolutely nothing from it to me strays from courage and enters into simply irrational. What purpose would it serve?
Better to fight back in ways that might make some difference. Help hide someone, try to use political influence, give someone money to flee, etc. And sometimes there simply are no solutions.
Like i said, it took the military might of three major powers to take this guy out. Some cases there simply is nothing to be gained by a meaningless sacrifice
(T) Peace
Points taken; although I still wonder whether Hitler would have really risked alienating the German nation by killing thousands of Germans for speaking out. I guess we'll never know.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#530910 May 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here...learn something about the position and action of the churches during WWII within and without Europe.
http://archive.adl.org/braun/dim_14_1_role_ch...
I have more if you wish to educate yourself on the subject.
Yes, interesting.

"Throughout the Nazi era, ardent debates took place within the German Churches about where to stand firm against Hitler's regime and where to compromise, when to speak out and when to remain silent. Ecumenical documents show that from 1933 to 1945 there were Christian leaders inside and outside Germany who agonized about what they could do to stop Nazism and help its victims. The historical complexities suggested by these factors should never lead us to condone the Churches' failures during the Thirties and Forties; they can, however, help us to understand the specific nature of those failures so that we may learn from them."

None of the German Christian churches could protest against the Nazis, they were terrified.

That article strengthened my point. Thank you.

HA HA

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#530911 May 7, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
She is inventing her own scenerio of what I say and post Boooots-
I agree that people have choice in who they marry- GOD HIMself gave us all free will to choose what we will do- so legally- I don't see how the government can deny it...however-The USA government won't EVER want to pay out benefits to same sex couples. That is what the hold up is here.$$$$
Regarding how I vote- Morally I do not believe in supporting sin- and Gods word calls homosexuality a sin- Therefore- my conscience will not let me vote on it.
I am allowed to choose NOT to vote to okay it- Just like I am allowed to vote not to pass a budget, or for a congressman...etc-
Truths, my mother would agree with you, and I am occasionally a bit ticked with her, but due to her age, I do not enter into an argument with her, though I might point her to the fact that the oldest son of my parents' best friends was gay (he died a few years ago from cancer, as did his father a few years before him).

Also the denomination which my mother has a major role in, as did I, and her sister is a minister in, not only accepts gay marriage and gays, but also now accepts gays as ministers in the church.

That was a big issue around a few years before I stopped attending church, and I was in a conservative congregation, due to were I worked, with a conservative minister, which was not in the upper levels of my denomination as far as being with the times.

I stood against the people there, and at a board meeting, being an elder on that board, I stood up at the meeting and said that the people in our church were bigots, because the congregation had previously voted 85% against gay ordination.

I might have left the church if that had been the general feeling of that denomination, but I would also have stayed to fight their hypocrisy, had I wanted to still be a church goer. For other reasons, and the fact that soon after I moved quite a distance to a new place, I eventually stopped attending church.

That denomination now has gay minsters, and does not condemn homosexuals in any manner whatsoever.

Having said that, it does not matter to me what any church, denomination, religion or individual believes or condemns, I will not stand for bigotry against anyone for a condition of their having been born into this world, be in location, color, sex, sexual orientation, and I don't really care what the Bible says about that, nor do I believe the Bible is anything but a book of writings by people of a time, some of which were adopted by the original Jewish religions, and the later ones by the Christian religion.

I do respect, though, what you say, and generally how you respond to others here.

On another point, which just comes to mind from an earlier post you made above. If you know of another thread or a different discussion site on which the topic of knowing God is being discussed, I would be interested in talking with you about that, however that topic has been over-used and misused too much, in my experience on the threads I have been involved in, and was not on topic, so I don't want to do that here.:)

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#530912 May 7, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt Catcher because of his posts and time spent here..........
If he really is a lawyer it shouldn't (and I'm sure it doesnt) bother him that I dont believe him......... It really doesnt matter to me one way or the other if he is or isnt, I just dont think he is........
It doesn't bother me a bit.

Why should it?

The worst punishment for a liar isn't that others won't believe him; it's that he won't be able to believe others.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530913 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair question
JESUS
Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
John 6:35
Jesus said to them,“I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.
Matthew 24:12-14
Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Luke 10:27-28
He answered,“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and,‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied.“Do this and you will live.”
Amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Insults Are Easier 269,121
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 810,680
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 574,616
Free Masons and their sacrifices (Jun '10) 38 min set free in truth 19
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 45 min set free in truth 340
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Liam 39,671
Wife chops off cheating husband’s penis, twice 1 hr suzan2012 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr Rosa_Winkel 97,936
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 14 hr busted 165
More from around the web