Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#530856 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of. College class ended. Just have the HS at the moment. Students work on their assignments and I have time to read and post.
My life is so awesome! God loves me so much!
I heard a neighbor of the 3 victims proclaim 'God is Good!!!' in reference to the 3 women being found in Cleveland.

I guess I'm wondering if that means God was bad for the previous 10 years they were missing? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#530857 May 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it was the evil drugs that did that to you.
No, Dimwit. You were weak, which is why you went to prison.
You still are weak. You control your impulses with a fear of hell. Now you have a reason not to engage in antisocial activities.
I suppose I should be pleased, and count it a small victory for religion if the streets are slightly safer because it gave you a reason to stop hurting people.
BTW, what kind of "doctor" doesn't understand that opioid addiction is a biological and chemical certainty after a fairly minimal amount of regular use? You have already shown yourself to have been a "doctor" who didn't care for the welfare of his patients and that was more concerned for his own pocketbook than their health. And you showed yourself as someone who would never take responsibility for giving a patient bad advice or a poor diagnosis as your M.O. is to blatantly deny things you have said and claim others misunderstood you. But this latest post is very illuminating. I knew you were a pimp for big pharma but is this how you justified it to yourself? Did you just keep writing addictive prescriptions for money and then tell yourself if someone gets addicted it isn't your fault for recklessly prescribing them for money but rather the patient's fault for being "weak"?

It just keeps becoming a better thing that you are retired. It is mind-boggling to think any "doctor" would be this ignorant as to the physical and psychological repercussions of someone taking highly addictive opiate drugs. I guess if a company takes you golfing enough times you can convince yourself of anything huh? Just keep writing those scripts and taking the money

And if you didn't write pain scripts for prolonged periods because you knew of the dangers then you have just shown yourself to be a liar AGAIN. Which one is it?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#530858 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but I thought we were speaking in the present tense, not the past tense...
It's been known for a looooooooong time that cigarettes can cause cancer, so why are you retreating to this nonsense?
Do you thank the gym for your well being? Or do you thank yourself because you try?
OCB would continue to engage you on this.

Not I: Catcher doesn't suffer fools.

#530859 May 7, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it ;p
http://www.batterseapowerstati on.org.uk/floyd/floyd.html

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#530862 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of. College class ended. Just have the HS at the moment. Students work on their assignments and I have time to read and post.
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
And pigs fly too.
.. help me here ..

.. I believe G is a college teacher. I know Catcher is an attorney. Yet everyone tries to question and demean their education ..

.. this is an honest question. Why do people doubt, ridicule ??..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#530863 May 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
Christians accounted for the vast majority of the pre-war German population. I think it's safe to say that the proportion of Christians to the rest of the populace was higher than it is in the USA today.
Where were these Christians with their god, their Jesus and their Christian ethics, when the Jews were being rounded up?
Were they lambasting Hitler and speaking out against the wholesale slaughter of the Jews? All this so-called Christian morality, love thy neighbour, etc, simply failed to materialise.
When the chips were down, being a Christian in Germany meant looking away.
Even priests in prestigious positions were imprisoned for speaking out

Don't get me wrong, I am a big believer in the old adage that all it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing. However sometimes there is no solution.

It took the Allied military might including that of the U.S., Britain, and France to take Germany down. Yes the rest of the world, in part due to propaganda and mediums far less reaching than what is available today, should have acted sooner. But realistically, what could "speaking out" had accomplished for those in the midst of this other than to earn themselves a trip to the prisons or gas chambers?

And people had families to worry about.

I just saw a documentary at an art museum called Nicky's Family about Nicholas Winton who rescued 669 children right before the war broke out by arranging their travel out of the country. They say the extended families of the children he saved is combined almost 6000 people that were born and lived because of one man. It was an incredible story. I won't give too much more away in case people ever see it. But my point is one man can make a huge difference. But speaking out isn't always the way to go, it may simply just get someone killed.

(T) Peace

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#530864 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is almost as bad as you were before your near death experience.
I realize you only think you know what you think you know, but ...
that is as far from the truth as it could be.

Glad to see you up & about RA ...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#530865 May 7, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>I heard a neighbor of the 3 victims proclaim 'God is Good!!!' in reference to the 3 women being found in Cleveland.

I guess I'm wondering if that means God was bad for the previous 10 years they were missing? Hmmmmmmmmm.
Why were they missing?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#530866 May 7, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Awesome!

Lol.

#530868 May 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
.. help me here ..
.. I believe G is a college teacher. I know Catcher is an attorney. Yet everyone tries to question and demean their education ..
I doubt Catcher because of his posts and time spent here..........

If he really is a lawyer it shouldn't (and I'm sure it doesnt) bother him that I dont believe him......... It really doesnt matter to me one way or the other if he is or isnt, I just dont think he is........

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#530869 May 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the happy face at the end mean when you use it?
You're obviously not happy. I have to wonder exactly what state of mind you were in when you typed that which could have been confused with happiness. Are you maniacal?
That little passive aggressive icon spoke worlds about your basic nature. The drugs and religion may help control you, but they don't fix you.
So now you do your examining from your PC.
Physician much?
~snort~
...gimme a break.

Ain't it time to feed your burro or something?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#530870 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
Go figure. You agree with that anti-Christian drivel. You don't know much about WWII, do ya?

That bastard Hitler had Christians murdered, kicked out of public jobs, and jailed, while he confiscated church property, closed religious schools, shut down Christian organizations, censored or shut down Christian publications, and had their editors murdered.

It was very hard to be a Christian under the Nazi regime.

Einstein was no friend or fan of the church, but he recognized how Hitler suppressed it and changed it.

"Only the Church stood squarely across the path of Hitler's campaign for suppressing the truth... I never had any special interest in the Church before, but now I feel great affection and admiration... and am forced thus to confess that what I once despised, I now praise unreservedly.”

-Albert Einstein.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#530871 May 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote: For that one, I blame Philip Morris.
<quoted text>
.. as a youth, if you knew what you know now, would you ever had picked up that first cigarette ??..
.. it's called marketing and Philip Morris was good at it. They knew the dangers, hid it from you, made you think smoking was hip slick and cool ..
.. big tobacco companies are responsible. They created addicts ..
I disagree. That's like saying McDonald's is responsible for their fat clientele.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#530873 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
To be clear, RR, I'm not blaming the cigarettes, I'm blaming the manufacturers.
Your analogies to a spoon, or to a gym, are bogus.
Those are inanimate objects. The manufacturers are sentient beings.
Dope.
Ya, I got that.

And I'm blaming the people, not the spoon manufacture ring people, or the people that own and build guns and offer discounts, or the tobacco industry.

I blame people for their own actions. Sue me.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#530874 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are the words of "John".
What did Jesus say ?
how about we make a deal: you can be free to believe what the mystics wrote centuries after Christ, and i'll be free to believe what the hand-picked witness' of Christ wrote?

you don't suppose to change what i think and i won't suppose to change what you think - is this okay with you?:-)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#530875 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OCB would continue to engage you on this.
Not I: Catcher doesn't suffer fools.
You're an attorney for Dodge, aincha?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#530877 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please excuse my faulty memory, but tell me: Have I drawn the Catcher white sheet over you, or not yet?
not sure what the "catcher white sheet" is, but feel free to disregard what i write and of course you're free to reject the Savior of the world if you wish:-)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#530878 May 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
.. help me here ..
Prolly cuz too many people have sock puppets or false personas online. How many times do we gotta hear about the fat ass 48 year old man with a hot 22 year old girl's pic before we start doubting what folks are saying?

You know, like every man online is well built, full head of hair, tons of cash and an 8 inch cock?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#530879 May 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn’t…
Here is your post…
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
God supposely created diseases for people to suffer however the Bible states in several cases
that Jesus touched and healed.Food for thought.
Here is my post…with your post intact…just separated so that so that I could address both of your points.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
lil whispers wrote:
God supposely created diseases for people to suffer
Annie wrote:
One must first decide if this is true...did he???what would be the need for us to suffer?
lil whispers wrote:
however the Bible states in several cases
that Jesus touched and healed.Food for thought.
Annie wrote:
My first thought...
Sounds like a marketing ploy...create a need...then provide the solution.
If there was no suffering...we wouldn't need healing.
Please show me how I cut your post LW...show me how I did not address the entirety of what you stated.
Your entire post was intact in my response...
I addressed the first part...then the second part.
The word "however" generally is a breaking point between a first idea and the second idea.
Why are you accusing me of something that I did not do?
You might not agree with my response but that is no reason to make false accusations about me.
You did say..."food for thought"...I gave you my first thought.
If I sounded accusing did not mean it that way but noticed some post are broke down and did not make too much sense to me.You see it was one complete thought to me.So will apolize again for second time today.

Well annie seems to me that people tend to blame God for just everything theses days.Mankind is subject to error but does not see that the only one to blame is mankind.Guess it just easier to blame God.Hear people talk of freewill then when something goes amiss it is blamed on God.I tend to think mankind creates there own problems.

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#530880 May 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
Christians accounted for the vast majority of the pre-war German population. I think it's safe to say that the proportion of Christians to the rest of the populace was higher than it is in the USA today.
Where were these Christians with their god, their Jesus and their Christian ethics, when the Jews were being rounded up?
Were they lambasting Hitler and speaking out against the wholesale slaughter of the Jews? All this so-called Christian morality, love thy neighbour, etc, simply failed to materialise.
When the chips were down, being a Christian in Germany meant looking away.
So it was the Christians that bombed the hell out of the UK. So when Churchill came begging for men lives, guns, and the machinery to make war; who did the USA send?

Why didn't you people seek out some witchs to save your ass?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessari... 854,632
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 23 min ChristineM 444,294
Free Download Scripts buying and selling digita... 31 min Burke Devlin 2
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr MUQ2 647
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 40,697
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr HipGnosis 919
Why donate Prince Alwaleed bin Talal all his mo... 2 hr dm3t7b 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr 2all 596,180
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web