Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#530825 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
... "all life came from one life"...
So we all didn't come from Adam and Eve ?

"all life came from one life" is a ridiculous statement.

Sadly for you it isn't a claim of science.

Try again.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#530826 May 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it was the evil drugs that did that to you.
No, Dimwit. You were weak, which is why you went to prison.
You still are weak. You control your impulses with a fear of hell. Now you have a reason not to engage in antisocial activities.
I suppose I should be pleased, and count it a small victory for religion if the streets are slightly safer because it gave you a reason to stop hurting people.
Obsess much troll?

There is help out there for people like you. You really need to seek it.
_______

Here let me help start you down that path.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/obsessive_com...

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/center_index.ph...
_______

You're welcome!!!

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#530827 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite mistaken.
You're fairy tales are NOT reality.
Most people (including most Christians) agree with science and understand evolution and the age of the universe.
It is only a minority (5%) that think like bronze age goatherds and take a 6000 year old myth for a science and history book.
You are a follower. You change faces more than anyone I have ever seen on this thread. I am not mistaken ...your fairy tales are yours and yours alone.

You fancy yourself some kind of edu giant ...what you show is quite lacking in self-esteem with your pictures of diploma's, awards, toys, and those 2nd hand dinosaurs you picked up in some junkyard somewhere. New air filter ...puh-leease!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#530828 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Skom.
I will try to refrain from using such a broad brush.
Thanks for taking my post in the spirit in which it was intended

I would not have bothered to make the suggestion if I thought it likely it would fall on deaf ears. Still, the response should be acknowledged and it is appreciated

(T) Peace

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#530829 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of. College class ended. Just have the HS at the moment. Students work on their assignments and I have time to read and post.
And pigs fly too.

Location hidden

#530830 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! <smile>
:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#530831 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Was that an attempt at a joke or indicative of a phobia since people probably mistake you for a POS all the time?
Snicker/poop jokes .And here I thought you didn't bring anything to the table.
:)
What does the happy face at the end mean when you use it?

You're obviously not happy. I have to wonder exactly what state of mind you were in when you typed that which could have been confused with happiness. Are you maniacal?

That little passive aggressive icon spoke worlds about your basic nature. The drugs and religion may help control you, but they don't fix you.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#530832 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the term might be subjective as far as the definition
I have always viewed it as a shortened version of "God-robot" meaning someone just regurgitates the standard accepted way of believing or thinking either by believers in general or their particular sub-set of beliefs.
Basically someone who can't think for themselves but just spits out religious cliches and can't incorporate or factor anything else into their thinking.
The term really doesn't apply to anyone IMO. Although it especially doesn't apply to someone never likely to be confused with a religious conformist. You certainly have come to your own beliefs through your own experiences. They probably meant it as an insult. Although considering how far off the mark it was with you I don't see any reason to take it as one
(T) Peace
Thanks man ...
I find the presence of some to be offensive enough ...they really needn't open their mouths if their mission is to simply offend.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#530833 May 7, 2013
A vessel wrote:
Please tell how?
Mine is a new one that came with new PC with windows 8
There are keys for it like the other characters. You buy it this way.

If there's a way to reassign the existing function of your keyboard's keys, I don't know it.

Location hidden

#530834 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, it was the evil drugs that did that to you.
As usual you have no idea what the conversation was about and don't know what you are talking about.

I will help you. The exchange was about some of the evil that takes place behinds the scenes in the pharmaceutical world when it comes to positioning drugs to market for profit. My post was acknowledging to PW that I have always been aware of some of the inherent evils that come with Big Pharma drugs and the pursuit of money
<quoted text>
No, Dimwit. You were weak, which is why you went to prison.
LOL, you clearly don't know where i went or why. As usual, you are confused and don't know what you are talking about. My incarceration had nothing to do with drugs
<quoted text>
You still are weak. You control your impulses with a fear of hell.
And yet again you have no clue what you are talking about. I have explained to you many times you don't understand my beliefs yet you persist in substituting the ones you made up in your head that you think I have for reality.
<quoted text>
Now you have a reason not to engage in antisocial activities.
I suppose I should be pleased, and count it a small victory for religion if the streets are slightly safer because it gave you a reason to stop hurting people.
4 for 4! My religious beliefs have nothing to do with it and if the situation happened again that caused my incarceration my reaction would be pretty much the same, although scaled back a bit to remain this side of legal. From a moral standpoint I was always and still am fine with what I did from an intent standpoint as it was in defense of others.

You may be more senile than I give you credit for:)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#530835 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of. College class ended. Just have the HS at the moment. Students work on their assignments and I have time to read and post.
My life is so awesome! God loves me so much!
Awwww, I won't say "I told you so"...

<3

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#530836 May 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you cut the post and only use a part of what I stated???
I didn’t…

Here is your post…

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

God supposely created diseases for people to suffer however the Bible states in several cases
that Jesus touched and healed.Food for thought.

Here is my post…with your post intact…just separated so that so that I could address both of your points.

lil whispers wrote:
God supposely created diseases for people to suffer

Annie wrote:
One must first decide if this is true...did he???what would be the need for us to suffer?

lil whispers wrote:
however the Bible states in several cases
that Jesus touched and healed.Food for thought.

Annie wrote:
My first thought...

Sounds like a marketing ploy...create a need...then provide the solution.

If there was no suffering...we wouldn't need healing.

Please show me how I cut your post LW...show me how I did not address the entirety of what you stated.

Your entire post was intact in my response...

I addressed the first part...then the second part.

The word "however" generally is a breaking point between a first idea and the second idea.

Why are you accusing me of something that I did not do?

You might not agree with my response but that is no reason to make false accusations about me.

You did say..."food for thought"...I gave you my first thought.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#530837 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
You're obviously not happy. I have to wonder exactly what state of mind you were in when you typed that which could have been confused with happiness. Are you maniacal?
That little passive aggressive icon spoke worlds about your basic nature. The drugs and religion may help control you, but they don't fix you.
You honestly don't know what a happy face means?

Whoa!

Location hidden

#530839 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
It is indicative of a smile. Kind of like how an exclamation point is indicative of emphasis. You aren't too smart are you?
<quoted text>
Laughing at you makes someone maniacal? I guess just about everybody that knows you must be maniacal!
<quoted text>
There was nothing passive-aggressive about it. I am smiling at you because it makes me smile when I turn your weak attempts to insult someone back on you. My favorite though was when you got so flustered you still thought you were practicing medicine today! LOL

I would think even you could see the irony is how poorly you can handle what you attempt to dish out. I don't know if you wear a diaper for medical reasons but you sure need one for symbolic ones:)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#530840 May 7, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
And pigs fly too.
Prove it ;p

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#530841 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
There was nothing low about it
It was basically said IANS was alone to which you basically replied he wasn't and listed yourself as someone who has his back. It was as simple as that from both sides. Instead of HL doing the same and stating she also stands with IANS she had to turn it into some self-aggrandizing response in which she proudly showcases herself as a champion of morality and social justice.
And what is worse is that if anyone had a reason not to be general it would be you as there are some things you choose to stay out of. HL gets into them all to defend IANS and even to the point of trying to argue "filthy gay liar" is fine if someone is gay and the person saying it honestly believes the other is dirty and dishonest. It is a statement that directly uses orientation in and of itself as an insult
So if she wants to come rushing to his defense as she always does then fine, it certainly isn't a surprise. But its hardly honest to portray it as something she only does when standing behind such upright causes. It wasn't what the post was about either, which didn't even ask for a justification. She simply added that on her own as is her M.O. to someone make most posts about how well she conducts herself despite plenty of evidence to the contrary
If the truth is the low road then I am happy to take it. People need to start living in the real world. Being in denial is one thing. Taking it so far to the other extreme that someone is patting themselves on the back is quite another

Location hidden

#530842 May 7, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks man ...
Any time
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I find the presence of some to be offensive enough ...they really needn't open their mouths if their mission is to simply offend.
yep yep

I'd be the last to pretend I don't allow a conversation to take whatever course someone else wants and will generally meet them there willingly. But if the intent from the get-go is simply to offend and they come to places looking to offend before even talking to someone and continue the same style of posting for the duration then at some point one has to question if an adult should really have better things to do with their time

There are literally people age 30,40,50,60 and so on that come to an Internet chat-room just to find rooms where they can go, planning in advance to be a pain in the arse. Nobody can convince me people like that have any type of fulfillment going on

(T) Peace

(T) Peace

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#530843 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you would.
Your biased.
You're, not your.

And no, I'm not.

Smart, yes.

Biased, no.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#530844 May 7, 2013
Second try:
<quoted text>
Your "fact" wrong. You have me confused with another poster. I don't care whether Hitler was Christian or not. From http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
"I don't care if Hitler was Christian or not. He found a Christian nation, and demagogued it in a way made possible by Christian dogma - he convinced the Germans that exterminating the Jews was god's their will. If a demagogue needs to manufacture consent to perpetrate horrors, he can't do better than to have a Christian nation to work with. You just indicate that your goals are also the god's will, and you're good to go. "
<quoted text>
You just tried to make me look evil with some bogus "fact."
Absolutely!

Christians accounted for the vast majority of the pre-war German population. I think it's safe to say that the proportion of Christians to the rest of the populace was higher than it is in the USA today.

Where were these Christians with their god, their Jesus and their Christian ethics, when the Jews were being rounded up?

Were they lambasting Hitler and speaking out against the wholesale slaughter of the Jews? All this so-called Christian morality, love thy neighbour, etc, simply failed to materialise.

When the chips were down, being a Christian in Germany meant looking away.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#530845 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, dude.
There are higher roads to take.
Yup, and I'm pretty sure you can see most of em from down there where you are too........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min ChristineM 445,711
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Steve III 646,505
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 19 min MUQ2 44,658
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 1 hr Bluehair79 67
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr hornny15234 19
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr River Tam 48,426
What attracts white women to black men? (Mar '07) 2 hr Johnny 11,539
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ2 281,243
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr The Hangman 971,627
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Toby 105,572
More from around the web