Why Should Jesus Love Me?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#530869 May 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the happy face at the end mean when you use it?
You're obviously not happy. I have to wonder exactly what state of mind you were in when you typed that which could have been confused with happiness. Are you maniacal?
That little passive aggressive icon spoke worlds about your basic nature. The drugs and religion may help control you, but they don't fix you.
So now you do your examining from your PC.
Physician much?
~snort~
...gimme a break.

Ain't it time to feed your burro or something?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#530870 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
Go figure. You agree with that anti-Christian drivel. You don't know much about WWII, do ya?

That bastard Hitler had Christians murdered, kicked out of public jobs, and jailed, while he confiscated church property, closed religious schools, shut down Christian organizations, censored or shut down Christian publications, and had their editors murdered.

It was very hard to be a Christian under the Nazi regime.

Einstein was no friend or fan of the church, but he recognized how Hitler suppressed it and changed it.

"Only the Church stood squarely across the path of Hitler's campaign for suppressing the truth... I never had any special interest in the Church before, but now I feel great affection and admiration... and am forced thus to confess that what I once despised, I now praise unreservedly.”

-Albert Einstein.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#530871 May 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote: For that one, I blame Philip Morris.
<quoted text>
.. as a youth, if you knew what you know now, would you ever had picked up that first cigarette ??..
.. it's called marketing and Philip Morris was good at it. They knew the dangers, hid it from you, made you think smoking was hip slick and cool ..
.. big tobacco companies are responsible. They created addicts ..
I disagree. That's like saying McDonald's is responsible for their fat clientele.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#530873 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
To be clear, RR, I'm not blaming the cigarettes, I'm blaming the manufacturers.
Your analogies to a spoon, or to a gym, are bogus.
Those are inanimate objects. The manufacturers are sentient beings.
Dope.
Ya, I got that.

And I'm blaming the people, not the spoon manufacture ring people, or the people that own and build guns and offer discounts, or the tobacco industry.

I blame people for their own actions. Sue me.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#530874 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are the words of "John".
What did Jesus say ?
how about we make a deal: you can be free to believe what the mystics wrote centuries after Christ, and i'll be free to believe what the hand-picked witness' of Christ wrote?

you don't suppose to change what i think and i won't suppose to change what you think - is this okay with you?:-)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#530875 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OCB would continue to engage you on this.
Not I: Catcher doesn't suffer fools.
You're an attorney for Dodge, aincha?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#530877 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please excuse my faulty memory, but tell me: Have I drawn the Catcher white sheet over you, or not yet?
not sure what the "catcher white sheet" is, but feel free to disregard what i write and of course you're free to reject the Savior of the world if you wish:-)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#530878 May 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of. College class ended. Just have the HS at the moment. Students work on their assignments and I have time to read and post.
<quoted text>
.. help me here ..
.. I believe G is a college teacher. I know Catcher is an attorney. Yet everyone tries to question and demean their education ..
.. this is an honest question. Why do people doubt, ridicule ??..
Prolly cuz too many people have sock puppets or false personas online. How many times do we gotta hear about the fat ass 48 year old man with a hot 22 year old girl's pic before we start doubting what folks are saying?

You know, like every man online is well built, full head of hair, tons of cash and an 8 inch cock?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#530879 May 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn’t…
Here is your post…
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
God supposely created diseases for people to suffer however the Bible states in several cases
that Jesus touched and healed.Food for thought.
Here is my post…with your post intact…just separated so that so that I could address both of your points.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
lil whispers wrote:
God supposely created diseases for people to suffer
Annie wrote:
One must first decide if this is true...did he???what would be the need for us to suffer?
lil whispers wrote:
however the Bible states in several cases
that Jesus touched and healed.Food for thought.
Annie wrote:
My first thought...
Sounds like a marketing ploy...create a need...then provide the solution.
If there was no suffering...we wouldn't need healing.
Please show me how I cut your post LW...show me how I did not address the entirety of what you stated.
Your entire post was intact in my response...
I addressed the first part...then the second part.
The word "however" generally is a breaking point between a first idea and the second idea.
Why are you accusing me of something that I did not do?
You might not agree with my response but that is no reason to make false accusations about me.
You did say..."food for thought"...I gave you my first thought.
If I sounded accusing did not mean it that way but noticed some post are broke down and did not make too much sense to me.You see it was one complete thought to me.So will apolize again for second time today.

Well annie seems to me that people tend to blame God for just everything theses days.Mankind is subject to error but does not see that the only one to blame is mankind.Guess it just easier to blame God.Hear people talk of freewill then when something goes amiss it is blamed on God.I tend to think mankind creates there own problems.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#530880 May 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
Christians accounted for the vast majority of the pre-war German population. I think it's safe to say that the proportion of Christians to the rest of the populace was higher than it is in the USA today.
Where were these Christians with their god, their Jesus and their Christian ethics, when the Jews were being rounded up?
Were they lambasting Hitler and speaking out against the wholesale slaughter of the Jews? All this so-called Christian morality, love thy neighbour, etc, simply failed to materialise.
When the chips were down, being a Christian in Germany meant looking away.
So it was the Christians that bombed the hell out of the UK. So when Churchill came begging for men lives, guns, and the machinery to make war; who did the USA send?

Why didn't you people seek out some witchs to save your ass?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#530881 May 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that some of your "brothers and sisters" in Christ have called you a "sinful degenerate"???
I am not saying they are right or that they are wrong. What I am saying is that we all find fault with those that we disagree with.
You come along and say that all non-Christians will burn in hell. Another Christian comes along and says that you will. Before long someone walks up and claims the second Christian will burn in hell. At some point...everyone is burning in hell...all except that last one...
Then it happens...we find out that someone made a mistake way back when and the judgment game starts all over again...
Will we get it right the second time around...or will this process just keep repeating itself.
I know...you don't get what I am saying...maybe somebody will...maybe they won't.
A "sinful degenerate" is in the eye of the beholder. If by chance Jesus is "truth" I would be very careful about declaring what he sees and replacing it with what you see.
you've been given the same opportunity to know God personally through Christ as anyone else has.

please don't vent your prejudice on one of the many messengers who don't claim to be perfect but only forgiven:-)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#530882 May 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of. College class ended. Just have the HS at the moment. Students work on their assignments and I have time to read and post.
<quoted text>
.. help me here ..
.. I believe G is a college teacher. I know Catcher is an attorney. Yet everyone tries to question and demean their education ..
.. this is an honest question. Why do people doubt, ridicule ??..
I think for the same reasons that people doubt IANS...bring up Steve's time behind bars...CC's wife...call other people drunks...accusations of being child molesters...etc etc. They do so to attack the person instead of the subject matter.

It is a way to drive the stake in to anothers being. Personal attacks are made to "hurt or harm"...embarrass...discr edit...

It happens often on here...

When battles can not be won with civil conversation...we go for the throat...hit them where you can do the most damage.

Families...children...careers. ..education...none of it seems to be sacred. Seems to be all about one-upping someone else.

Where is the line that we do not cross?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#530884 May 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you've been given the same opportunity to know God personally through Christ as anyone else has.
please don't vent your prejudice on one of the many messengers who don't claim to be perfect but only forgiven:-)
You did not address my post so I see no need for any further conversation.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#530885 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Go figure. You agree with that anti-Christian drivel. You don't know much about WWII, do ya?
That can't be true he's a professor (that couldn't even spell "professor" the first time he claimed to be one).

He's here posting day and night more than anyone when he's supposedly teaching. Yep if he's a professor than I'm Elvis.

Too funny!!!

Thank you, thank you very much.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#530886 May 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
not sure what the "catcher white sheet" is, but feel free to disregard what i write and of course you're free to reject the Savior of the world if you wish:-)
It's when he pretends you don't exist at all, except to talk about you. I thought it would be funny when he threatened me with it but then it was just sad.

*shrugs*

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#530887 May 7, 2013
sheeesh.....you sure can see the evil of an unregenerate heart that finds fault and challenges a wonderful and generous mission statement like "for God so loved the world that He gave His only Son...."

will God be just in punishing the unrepentent? me thinks so.....

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#530889 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Even priests in prestigious positions were imprisoned for speaking out.
Yes, I've no doubt there were priests who spoke out although I suspect they were the exception rather than the rule.

Another exception is probably Bishop Alois Hudal...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alois_Hudal
Skombolis wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I am a big believer in the old adage that all it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing. However sometimes there is no solution.
I sometimes wonder whether years of anti-semitism and blaming the Jews for causing the death of Jesus through to the blood libel and host desecration was a factor which led to German believers failing to act.
Skombolis wrote:
It took the Allied military might including that of the U.S., Britain, and France to take Germany down. Yes the rest of the world, in part due to propaganda and mediums far less reaching than what is available today, should have acted sooner. But realistically, what could "speaking out" had accomplished for those in the midst of this other than to earn themselves a trip to the prisons or gas chambers? And people had families to worry about.
I don't know, Christians have spoken out before, albeit sometimes at the cost of their lives. I always thought their beliefs came first and foremost. These days I see much Christian hostility directed against gay marriage and how they claim it's against their god's law.

You're saying that they wouldn't be so eager to speak out if it was a matter of their life/death? Isn't that being a fair weather Christian?
Skombolis wrote:
I just saw a documentary at an art museum called Nicky's Family about Nicholas Winton who rescued 669 children right before the war broke out by arranging their travel out of the country. They say the extended families of the children he saved is combined almost 6000 people that were born and lived because of one man. It was an incredible story. I won't give too much more away in case people ever see it. But my point is one man can make a huge difference. But speaking out isn't always the way to go, it may simply just get someone killed.
(T) Peace
One man can certainly make a difference. Thousands can do even more. Would Hitler have been mad enough to kill thousands of his own German gentiles? I'm not so sure.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#530891 May 7, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
So it was the Christians that bombed the hell out of the UK. So when Churchill came begging for men lives, guns, and the machinery to make war; who did the USA send?
Why didn't you people seek out some witchs to save your ass?
We would have but the Christians had killed them all.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#530893 May 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
Christians accounted for the vast majority of the pre-war German population. I think it's safe to say that the proportion of Christians to the rest of the populace was higher than it is in the USA today.
Where were these Christians with their god, their Jesus and their Christian ethics, when the Jews were being rounded up?
Were they lambasting Hitler and speaking out against the wholesale slaughter of the Jews? All this so-called Christian morality, love thy neighbour, etc, simply failed to materialise.
When the chips were down, being a Christian in Germany meant looking away.
So one little European Christian nation whooped the hell out of the whole of Europe?
Them Christians are some bad ass mutha's.

But the Christians that went to the other side of the world and stomped the life outa them bad ol Christians ...those are some really badass mamba-jamba's.
And then those badass mamba-jamba Christians had to rebuild what you people couldn't save.

But you and Mr. G'exactly are right ...Christians suck!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#530894 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus shows up and cures my liver, I'll believe in your magic stories. Until then I will rely on doctors.
Is someone who is always reaching.Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Food and Drinks 996,498
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min The AnswerTo 1984... 703,709
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 23 min No Surprize 88,095
Are millennials more open-minded to LGBTQ dating? 33 min Freedom of speech 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 55 min Moo Goo Guy Pan 448,493
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 223,078
Last post wins (May '13) 5 hr Hatti_Hollerand 543