Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#530836 May 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you cut the post and only use a part of what I stated???
I didn’t…

Here is your post…

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

God supposely created diseases for people to suffer however the Bible states in several cases
that Jesus touched and healed.Food for thought.

Here is my post…with your post intact…just separated so that so that I could address both of your points.

lil whispers wrote:
God supposely created diseases for people to suffer

Annie wrote:
One must first decide if this is true...did he???what would be the need for us to suffer?

lil whispers wrote:
however the Bible states in several cases
that Jesus touched and healed.Food for thought.

Annie wrote:
My first thought...

Sounds like a marketing ploy...create a need...then provide the solution.

If there was no suffering...we wouldn't need healing.

Please show me how I cut your post LW...show me how I did not address the entirety of what you stated.

Your entire post was intact in my response...

I addressed the first part...then the second part.

The word "however" generally is a breaking point between a first idea and the second idea.

Why are you accusing me of something that I did not do?

You might not agree with my response but that is no reason to make false accusations about me.

You did say..."food for thought"...I gave you my first thought.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#530837 May 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the happy face at the end mean when you use it?
You're obviously not happy. I have to wonder exactly what state of mind you were in when you typed that which could have been confused with happiness. Are you maniacal?
That little passive aggressive icon spoke worlds about your basic nature. The drugs and religion may help control you, but they don't fix you.
You honestly don't know what a happy face means?

Whoa!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#530839 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
What does the happy face at the end mean when you use it?
It is indicative of a smile. Kind of like how an exclamation point is indicative of emphasis. You aren't too smart are you?
<quoted text>
You're obviously not happy. I have to wonder exactly what state of mind you were in when you typed that which could have been confused with happiness. Are you maniacal?
Laughing at you makes someone maniacal? I guess just about everybody that knows you must be maniacal!
<quoted text>
That little passive aggressive icon spoke worlds about your basic nature. The drugs and religion may help control you, but they don't fix you.
There was nothing passive-aggressive about it. I am smiling at you because it makes me smile when I turn your weak attempts to insult someone back on you. My favorite though was when you got so flustered you still thought you were practicing medicine today! LOL

I would think even you could see the irony is how poorly you can handle what you attempt to dish out. I don't know if you wear a diaper for medical reasons but you sure need one for symbolic ones:)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#530840 May 7, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
And pigs fly too.
Prove it ;p

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#530841 May 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
There was nothing low about it
It was basically said IANS was alone to which you basically replied he wasn't and listed yourself as someone who has his back. It was as simple as that from both sides. Instead of HL doing the same and stating she also stands with IANS she had to turn it into some self-aggrandizing response in which she proudly showcases herself as a champion of morality and social justice.
And what is worse is that if anyone had a reason not to be general it would be you as there are some things you choose to stay out of. HL gets into them all to defend IANS and even to the point of trying to argue "filthy gay liar" is fine if someone is gay and the person saying it honestly believes the other is dirty and dishonest. It is a statement that directly uses orientation in and of itself as an insult
So if she wants to come rushing to his defense as she always does then fine, it certainly isn't a surprise. But its hardly honest to portray it as something she only does when standing behind such upright causes. It wasn't what the post was about either, which didn't even ask for a justification. She simply added that on her own as is her M.O. to someone make most posts about how well she conducts herself despite plenty of evidence to the contrary
If the truth is the low road then I am happy to take it. People need to start living in the real world. Being in denial is one thing. Taking it so far to the other extreme that someone is patting themselves on the back is quite another

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#530842 May 7, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks man ...
Any time
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I find the presence of some to be offensive enough ...they really needn't open their mouths if their mission is to simply offend.
yep yep

I'd be the last to pretend I don't allow a conversation to take whatever course someone else wants and will generally meet them there willingly. But if the intent from the get-go is simply to offend and they come to places looking to offend before even talking to someone and continue the same style of posting for the duration then at some point one has to question if an adult should really have better things to do with their time

There are literally people age 30,40,50,60 and so on that come to an Internet chat-room just to find rooms where they can go, planning in advance to be a pain in the arse. Nobody can convince me people like that have any type of fulfillment going on

(T) Peace

(T) Peace

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#530843 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you would.
Your biased.
You're, not your.

And no, I'm not.

Smart, yes.

Biased, no.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#530844 May 7, 2013
Second try:
<quoted text>
Your "fact" wrong. You have me confused with another poster. I don't care whether Hitler was Christian or not. From http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
"I don't care if Hitler was Christian or not. He found a Christian nation, and demagogued it in a way made possible by Christian dogma - he convinced the Germans that exterminating the Jews was god's their will. If a demagogue needs to manufacture consent to perpetrate horrors, he can't do better than to have a Christian nation to work with. You just indicate that your goals are also the god's will, and you're good to go. "
<quoted text>
You just tried to make me look evil with some bogus "fact."
Absolutely!

Christians accounted for the vast majority of the pre-war German population. I think it's safe to say that the proportion of Christians to the rest of the populace was higher than it is in the USA today.

Where were these Christians with their god, their Jesus and their Christian ethics, when the Jews were being rounded up?

Were they lambasting Hitler and speaking out against the wholesale slaughter of the Jews? All this so-called Christian morality, love thy neighbour, etc, simply failed to materialise.

When the chips were down, being a Christian in Germany meant looking away.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#530845 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, dude.
There are higher roads to take.
Yup, and I'm pretty sure you can see most of em from down there where you are too........

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#530846 May 7, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a follower. You change faces more than anyone I have ever seen on this thread. I am not mistaken ...your fairy tales are yours and yours alone.
You fancy yourself some kind of edu giant ...what you show is quite lacking in self-esteem with your pictures of diploma's, awards, toys, and those 2nd hand dinosaurs you picked up in some junkyard somewhere. New air filter ...puh-leease!
ROFLMAO

Sour grapes.

With Established Harem

#530847 May 7, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Removal of the forests and jungles ...their ability to retain water and cool the earth ...and replace them with concrete and asphalt is bound to have far reaching impact.
.. we plant trees to benefit the next generation ..

.. have you ever seen sequoias? Do you know John Muir? Who is John Galt ??..

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools." John Muir

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#530848 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Would you blame a smoker's lung cancer on God?
<quoted text>
Strange that you wouldn't blame the smoker...
Do you blame the spoon for making a person fat?
So you blame the gym for keeping you fit?
Huh...
Biiiiiiiiiiiig difference.

The tobacco companies knew their product caused cancer, and concealed the information while continuing to advertise the product, with full knowledge that it was harmful.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#530849 May 7, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
And pigs fly too.
And you prove they can type!

ROFLMAO

You are still as lame as ever.

Have a nice day, RA.

#530850 May 7, 2013
Truths wrote:
1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
Hey (((Debra)))......

“"None shall pass"”

There

#530851 May 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
Christians accounted for the vast majority of the pre-war German population. I think it's safe to say that the proportion of Christians to the rest of the populace was higher than it is in the USA today.
Where were these Christians with their god, their Jesus and their Christian ethics, when the Jews were being rounded up?
Were they lambasting Hitler and speaking out against the wholesale slaughter of the Jews? All this so-called Christian morality, love thy neighbour, etc, simply failed to materialise.
When the chips were down, being a Christian in Germany meant looking away.
Exactly!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#530852 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're, not your.
And no, I'm not.
Smart, yes.
Biased, no.
Yes, the biased person always claims it's his 'smartness' that's the cause....

Arrogant too, huh?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#530853 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The tobacco companies knew their product caused cancer, and concealed the information while continuing to advertise the product, with full knowledge that it was harmful.
True, but I thought we were speaking in the present tense, not the past tense...

It's been known for a looooooooong time that cigarettes can cause cancer, so why are you retreating to this nonsense?

Do you thank the gym for your well being? Or do you thank yourself because you try?

With Established Harem

#530854 May 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote: For that one, I blame Philip Morris.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Would you blame a smoker's lung cancer on God?
<quoted text>
Strange that you wouldn't blame the smoker...
.. as a youth, if you knew what you know now, would you ever had picked up that first cigarette ??..

.. it's called marketing and Philip Morris was good at it. They knew the dangers, hid it from you, made you think smoking was hip slick and cool ..

.. big tobacco companies are responsible. They created addicts ..

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#530855 May 7, 2013
To be clear, RR, I'm not blaming the cigarettes, I'm blaming the manufacturers.

Your analogies to a spoon, or to a gym, are bogus.

Those are inanimate objects. The manufacturers are sentient beings.

Dope.

#530856 May 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of. College class ended. Just have the HS at the moment. Students work on their assignments and I have time to read and post.
My life is so awesome! God loves me so much!
I heard a neighbor of the 3 victims proclaim 'God is Good!!!' in reference to the 3 women being found in Cleveland.

I guess I'm wondering if that means God was bad for the previous 10 years they were missing? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Tellthetruth 989,820
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 19 min NotSoDivineMsM 42,437
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 31 min bietxcpl4cpls 547
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min hojo 690,577
servpro sucks (Apr '08) 52 min Susan 37
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 10
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Johnny 636
More from around the web