“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530242 May 6, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the topic is: WHY SHOULD JESUS LOVE ME ??..
.. some Christians on this thread have made it abundantly clear that their Jesus hates atheists and gays ..
.. so, why should we love Jesus ??..
You are choosing to focus on the wrongful words of a couple of not quite Christians yets~

Instead- pull your focus toward the information you are given by the rest of us.

Jesus LOVES everyone- Though not everyone will ask Him into their lives. He died so that we may all find peace- so that we could all choose eternity with Him .

His mission on earth was to take our burdens and show us the way through- washing our psyche clean of the pain caused toward US and the pain of what we ourselves have done to others. All in an effort that we may go forth while we are here- unburdened by the heaviness which pain had caused us- so that we may extend the GOOD in the world.

You and a couple of other women...and Duane -seem to want to brew trouble instead of ACTUALLY reading and responding to posts.
Generalizing all the wrongful words given to youz from other sites and real life....and accusing US of the crimes we did not commit.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530243 May 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
If you get a chance to listen to this piece of music do so think you would like it.Like Jesus does by Eric Church.God bless.
Thank YOU ((((Whispers))))))

I will google it (c:

God's Blessings to YOU sister.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530244 May 6, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely one of the major problems is that the Bible, Torah and Quran all contain writings instructing their respective adherents to kill people.
Good afternoon Khatru~

Much like the newspapers do today-
The bible rcorded what people chose to do to people.

As for God- He had to implement what He said He would toward people who blatently ignored His plea and His reminders to repair their lives. He gave word as to what and why- but people chose SELF over others.

I have no choice but to believe that God is- not because of fear- but because I have had so many incidents in my life where I was VERY aware that He IS~ In feeling His presence- the fear comes in to my heart for those who do not yet know Him. I am not threatening anyone- I simply wish everyone to find the peace and completeness which I feel.

I don't expect you to know the level of which I speak- My only hope when I post- is that somehow some way- God will use my compliance to speak about it -to His glory~

Each person who truly serves the Lord- will hope for this same thing for others. However~ we are still flesh and will have slip ups and we learn across this journey~ But the underlaying beauty of belonging to The Lord -is that we do what we do because of love for each person- not out of wanting to give them a bad day.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530245 May 6, 2013
Eric Church- Like Jesus Does

I don't much care for modern country~ But yeah- I like this ((((((Whispers))))))

My husband of 30 yrs is not a Christian~ But I behave as a traditional Christian wife NO MATTER what~ Because I love him and I KNOW his potential of who he can grow up to be. GOD knows- that with out my Faith in HIM~ I coulda/woulda folded- But I trust the counsel God provides.
(c:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#530246 May 6, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank YOU ((((Whispers))))))
I will google it (c:
God's Blessings to YOU sister.
The lyric's speaks volumes of what to love is.
Enjoy and God bless.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#530247 May 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not accusing.
Just letting you know how I feel about it all, and maybe some insight why.
Okay, well, I kind of understand where you're coming from, but then again, in my opinion, intolerance doesn't correlate with simply having an opinion and voicing it.

Montreal

#530248 May 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Lord can bite me.
Well, not really, because there's no evidence that it even exists.

Montreal

#530249 May 6, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, said, Truths. I cannot fault that post at all.
If we could get to the bottom of why many in the world 'think' that conflict, including killing our fellow humans, is the best solution to a problem, then I think we would be on a major step towards having everyone follow what you say.
I do understand that, for those who have known nothing but oppression all their lives, it is very difficult to set aside the hate they feel and start seeing their adversaries as fellow travelers on this earthly life, but I can't see any other way of keeping the world safe for all, if we continue doing what man has been doing since we know about back in the past.
At least those of us who do have the luxury of relative safety can undertake to only act that way to others, and hopefully it will affect how we deal with those who refuse to do that.
I just see her posts as hypocritical.
For denying rights to certain individuals does not "show compassion and a smile to others."

Montreal

#530251 May 6, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard a song just now- and It brought you to mind.
.....I know that look you're givin' like you got something to prove.... You refuse forgiveness like it's something to be earned....
---well- I'll post the lyrics-
You refuse forgiveness
Like it's something to be earned
Sometimes pain's the only way that we can learn
You can never fall too hard,
So fast, so far
That you can't get back
When you're lost
Where you are is never too late,
So bad, so much
That you can't change
Who you are, ooo-oooh
You can change who you are, ooo-oooh
You believe in freedom,
But you don't know how to choose
You gotta step out of your feelings
That you're so afraid to lose
And everyday
You put your feet on the floor, you gotta walk through the door
It's never gonna be easy
But it's all worth fighting for
So fast, so far
That you can't get back
When you're lost
So bad, so much
That you can't change
Who you are, ooo-oooh
So let the ashes fall wherever they land
Come back from wherever you've been
To the foot of the cross
To the feet of Jesus,
The feet of Jesus
So fast, so far
That you can't get back
When you're lost
So bad, so much
That you can't change
At the foot of the cross
You can change, yeah
Who you are, at the foot of the cross
You can change, yeah
(Who you are)
You can change, ooo-oooh
You haven't answered my question; which people are choosing to sin?

On top of that, now you've given me reason to ask another few questions:
What forgiveness am I denying?
Why do I require forgiveness?
Why do you think I'm trying to "earn" forgiveness I don't even need for there isn't anything to be forgiven about?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#530253 May 6, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon Khatru~
Much like the newspapers do today-
The bible rcorded what people chose to do to people.
As for God- He had to implement what He said He would toward people who blatently ignored His plea and His reminders to repair their lives. He gave word as to what and why- but people chose SELF over others.
I have no choice but to believe that God is- not because of fear- but because I have had so many incidents in my life where I was VERY aware that He IS~ In feeling His presence- the fear comes in to my heart for those who do not yet know Him. I am not threatening anyone- I simply wish everyone to find the peace and completeness which I feel.
I don't expect you to know the level of which I speak- My only hope when I post- is that somehow some way- God will use my compliance to speak about it -to His glory~
Each person who truly serves the Lord- will hope for this same thing for others. However~ we are still flesh and will have slip ups and we learn across this journey~ But the underlaying beauty of belonging to The Lord -is that we do what we do because of love for each person- not out of wanting to give them a bad day.
Hi Truths

It's refreshing to see that you don't see the Bible as the inerrant word of God.

I've never experienced what you say you have, not even when I was a child and I did believe. I guess you'd mark me in that column of never truly having served your god.

Yet there are millions of others around the world of different beliefs who also believe with equal conviction to you that they are serving their god(s).

I have to say that your use of the word "serves" implies that you're of the school who think it's what you do that's important - more so than your faith?

Apologies if I'm being too presumptuous.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530254 May 6, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
For denying rights to certain individuals does not "show compassion and a smile to others."
Not once did I say I deny them the right- they have choice. SO they can vote what THEY choose-

I choose not to vote for it.

I am NOT the WHOLE voting population- and the purpose of voting is so that all the people may vote THEIR own way.

Location hidden

#530255 May 6, 2013
Truths wrote:
Eric Church- Like Jesus Does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RGF6c0tjAgIXX
I don't much care for modern country~ But yeah- I like this ((((((Whispers))))))
My husband of 30 yrs is not a Christian~ But I behave as a traditional Christian wife NO MATTER what~ Because I love him and I KNOW his potential of who he can grow up to be. GOD knows- that with out my Faith in HIM~ I coulda/woulda folded- But I trust the counsel God provides.
(c:
Love is in the eye of the beholder.
Once the venom of love is injected.
One just keeps returning for more of it.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530257 May 6, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Truths
It's refreshing to see that you don't see the Bible as the inerrant word of God.
I've never experienced what you say you have, not even when I was a child and I did believe. I guess you'd mark me in that column of never truly having served your god.
Yet there are millions of others around the world of different beliefs who also believe with equal conviction to you that they are serving their god(s).
I have to say that your use of the word "serves" implies that you're of the school who think it's what you do that's important - more so than your faith?
Apologies if I'm being too presumptuous.
I may have misportrayed- not meaning to.

I do believe that the Bible is the word of God- as recorded by people He chose. That it is the recorded history of the good the bad and the ugly. But I believe that people ourselves caused the ugly things to happen , by our lack of seeing a biger picture than what was in front of us (them).

Helping people is in my nature- Long before I openly spoke of God ... it became what I did - possibly starting out of fear of people...and wanting to be good so no one would hurt me again.

As I matured- it came from a heart of service out of joy that I had in my heart. Anything I do to the positive- does make me feel good- because I am human- but that is not my motivator.
God doesn't love me less when I am in a season of 'self' and laziness. Accepting God truly--- does spark your heart for others, maybe due to being released from the pressures which were previously keeping us heavy. It just comes from a desire to share.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530258 May 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is in the eye of the beholder.
Once the venom of love is injected.
One just keeps returning for more of it.
(c:

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#530259 May 6, 2013
Truths wrote:
I may have misportrayed- not meaning to.
No probs - I do it myself sometimes.
Truths wrote:
I do believe that the Bible is the word of God- as recorded by people He chose. That it is the recorded history of the good the bad and the ugly.
Yet from this collection of good, bad and ugly - we're supposed to select what's good? In other words those who look to the Bible for their morals are actually getting them from within themselves, as they sift out what they feel are the bad bits.
Truths wrote:
But I believe that people ourselves caused the ugly things to happen , by our lack of seeing a biger picture than what was in front of us (them).
I think it depends on which books you're reading:

Daniel tells us that bad things happen because of forces (beasts) opposed to God and his followers. The *righteous*(I use that word loosely) behaviour of God's followers leads to their persecution and suffering. This is in Daniel 7:18 & 7:27.

However Amos 3-5 tells it differently.

Here we read that bad things happen because it's caused by God on the people who have broken his rules.

So, a quick recap here and you'll see that in Daniel it's God's enemies who cause bad things to happen and in Amos it's God himself who causes it.

What does Daniel have to say about how suffering ends?

Well, Daniel says it will end very soon when God destroys the evil that's at large and leaves the way clear for his kingdom to be created.

What does Amos say about how the suffering ends?

Amos doesn't say it will end soon. All he says is that it will be at some point in the future and will be when the people repent.

In Daniel suffering is to end very soon when God's personally intervenes and destroys the evil forces that are arrayed against him.

In Amos it's none of that and suffering will end when the people return to God.
Truths wrote:
Helping people is in my nature- Long before I openly spoke of God ... it became what I did - possibly starting out of fear of people...and wanting to be good so no one would hurt me again.
As I matured- it came from a heart of service out of joy that I had in my heart. Anything I do to the positive- does make me feel good- because I am human- but that is not my motivator.
Commendable and a fair point. Although no religion is required, which may be why you don't mention it.
Truths wrote:
God doesn't love me less when I am in a season of 'self' and laziness. Accepting God truly--- does spark your heart for others, maybe due to being released from the pressures which were previously keeping us heavy. It just comes from a desire to share.
I guess I just don't see how altruism is dependent on accepting yours or any other deity. Bob Geldof is a well known non-believer and he has achieved great things in the field of helping people.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#530260 May 6, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not support at all to the denial of rights to any law-abiding individuals or groups, Lacez, and I didn't see that the post I responded to was doing that. If she or others are promoting denial of any rights to people, such as gays, then I am almost as offended as you are (since I am not gay I cannot likely feel exactly as you feel about that behavior, but I will not tolerate that behavior from anyone).

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#530262 May 6, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Everything's better, thank you.
As of April 9th, I began a new job that I love, mostly because I get paid to direct traffic and nothing else. Surprisingly, too, the pay's pretty decent. I haven't had much time to visit because I normally work no less than 11 hours a day, 6 days a week. The job-site's flooded, so I got a day-off today. Might get another day-off tomorrow, too, although I'm hoping not.'Elohiym is truly great! But, enough about me. How are you doing?
I'm doing well bro, just leaning on God's mighty arm.

Peace.

Location hidden

#530263 May 6, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No probs - I do it myself sometimes.
<quoted text>
Yet from this collection of good, bad and ugly - we're supposed to select what's good? In other words those who look to the Bible for their morals are actually getting them from within themselves, as they sift out what they feel are the bad bits.
<quoted text>
I think it depends on which books you're reading:
Daniel tells us that bad things happen because of forces (beasts) opposed to God and his followers. The *righteous*(I use that word loosely) behaviour of God's followers leads to their persecution and suffering. This is in Daniel 7:18 & 7:27.
However Amos 3-5 tells it differently.
Here we read that bad things happen because it's caused by God on the people who have broken his rules.
So, a quick recap here and you'll see that in Daniel it's God's enemies who cause bad things to happen and in Amos it's God himself who causes it.
What does Daniel have to say about how suffering ends?
Well, Daniel says it will end very soon when God destroys the evil that's at large and leaves the way clear for his kingdom to be created.
What does Amos say about how the suffering ends?
Amos doesn't say it will end soon. All he says is that it will be at some point in the future and will be when the people repent.
In Daniel suffering is to end very soon when God's personally intervenes and destroys the evil forces that are arrayed against him.
In Amos it's none of that and suffering will end when the people return to God.
<quoted text>
Commendable and a fair point. Although no religion is required, which may be why you don't mention it.
<quoted text>
I guess I just don't see how altruism is dependent on accepting yours or any other deity. Bob Geldof is a well known non-believer and he has achieved great things in the field of helping people.
Oh great one tells us the story of Revelation last book of the Holy Bible.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#530264 May 6, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. is being Jewish a fault ??..
JESUS was a Jewish Rabbi ~ so I would say no to that question!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#530265 May 6, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was 34 until yesterday.
35? Happy Birthday Adam, your gift of life is the 'present' from GOD....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 828,337
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 442,854
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Anthony MN 584,071
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min onemale 270,648
Poll Which is the Best SAP ABAP institute in hyderab... (Nov '12) 17 min Naazia 33
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min onemale 176,525
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 47 min who 121,644
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Good-Evil 3,357
More from around the web