Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#530217 May 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't....If we can all respect each others beliefs....What a World that would be....
But that is NOT our World....Is it BT42
We can try. It will take a concerted effort by all.

:)

Location hidden

#530218 May 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
R_U_N......Bt42
((*L-))
Hah hah hah!

I am stepp'n an fetch'n as we speak! LOL!

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#530219 May 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
bigot
a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race
--------
You are intolerant of our religion for your own or lack of one.
How am I being intolerant?
I'm simply speaking out against your hate for certain individuals and pointing out your hypocrisy.

Speaking an opinion isn't bigotry.
To act on your opinion to try and silence other opinions is bigotry.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#530220 May 6, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**I realize some folks have all the answers, believers and nonbelievers alike, and unlike them I have no answers. All I have are questions.
.. the topic is: WHY SHOULD JESUS LOVE ME ??..

.. some Christians on this thread have made it abundantly clear that their Jesus hates atheists and gays ..

.. so, why should we love Jesus ??..

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#530222 May 6, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the topic is: WHY SHOULD JESUS LOVE ME ??..
.. some Christians on this thread have made it abundantly clear that their Jesus hates atheists and gays ..
.. so, why should we love Jesus ??..
Your belief is yours. The influence of others cannot be a determining factor.

Location hidden

#530223 May 6, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is no intolerance. I am not trying to silence anyone. I am not denying any rights. I accept the fact that everyone has the right to think what they want.
Just because I speak out against something doesn't make me intolerant to it.
I'm not accusing.
Just letting you know how I feel about it all, and maybe some insight why.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#530224 May 6, 2013
Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

Without faith it is impossible to please Him.
Hebrews 11:6

Thou believest that there is one God;thou doest well;the devils also believe and tremble.
James 2:19

For he that cometh to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6 last part.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#530225 May 6, 2013
Adam wrote:
The Lord rebuke you.
Your Lord can bite me.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#530226 May 6, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, I don't care what you believe or don't believe.
It's not my place to lead you anywhere ...
It's not my place to share any messages or good news with you ...
It's not my place to bring about any conversion within you ...
Your path is exactly that ...yours.
If ask what I think, I may answer ...or I may ignore completely. There is no rule/commandment stating that I must respond.
I am aware of the hate, violence, turmoil, inconsistancies, etc, etc, etc found within the Holy Bible. I realize some folks have all the answers, believers and nonbelievers alike, and unlike them I have no answers. All I have are questions.
Some may try and tell me what I think ...I find their vanity amusing. Others try and guess ...equally amusing.
I'm here on my path doing the best I can. My only advice would be that others do the same.
Have a nice day.
That's fair enough

Same to you!

Fennario

#530227 May 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
There is no such thing as evil in the religious sense - a disembodied or demonic principle imbuing the universe, existing independently of man and outside of his mind, and in conflict with an opposing force.

There is no moral evil or natural evil. There is just malice in the minds of some men, an indifferent and often brutal nature, and sometimes just plain bad luck to account for all of the undesirable things that the superstitious call "evil."

"Evil" is merely another of several words invented by your priests that refer to nothing actual, like "sin" and "holy."
simplyput wrote:
So you don't teach your children RIGHT from WRONG? You think everything is RIGHT and nothing is WRONG?
No and no.
simplyput wrote:
Or explain what you meant here.
What part?

The word evil refers to nothing that isn't already covered by words like malicious, wrong, immoral, and unfortunate. There is no such thing as evil outside of the heads that can conceive it.

“What's your story? Nevermind.”

Since: Apr 13

none of my business.

#530228 May 6, 2013
The world is just a myriad of truths and mystery, each of which is specific to the person who is observing them. Much of one’s knowledge/beliefs are “provisionally true”. True enough for practical purposes, but subject to revision if something new comes along. Many act as if they have absolute truth and facts in their hands, when what they actually have are "useful truths and facts". Things they know well enough to hold/have practical value.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#530229 May 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Thou believest that there is one God;thou doest well;the devils also believe and tremble.
For he that cometh to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.
Paul said a lot of stupid stuff.

What did Jesus say ?

Fennario

#530230 May 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
The one's who have always said that every life is precious!!!
Not to me. That doesn't mean we should kill. But we needn't grieve every death or even count it a loss if the individual did more harm than good.
Clementia wrote:
The truly moral people have forgiven the people who murdered their children, they have no hate in their hearts. That's why they are moral and we aren't.
Sorry, but this is just wrong. You owe it to yourself to get over your anger, but forgiveness is much more than mere acceptance. We needn't harbor rage or exact vengeance. But I'll never forgive you for murdering my child. Never. And I would have no respect for anybody that did.
Clementia wrote:
You people never listen, do u?
Did i ever call u a saint? Did I ever say I was a saint? Did i ever say we were the most ethical/moral beings on earth?
Trust me, I would never forgive anyone for hurting any child, not just my child.

I don't expect u to forgive the person who hurt your child. I'm pretty sure that if that person was hanging from a cliff, i would push him/her down the cliff and so would u!

Goodbye! Have a nice life!!! I hope your children stay safe!!!
Sorry if I misunderstood you. And I have no idea what you are offended about.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#530231 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Your Lord can bite me.
Whoo wow watch what your wishin for.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#530232 May 6, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
The human condition in all situations is well documented .
Many trust science for many things- yet do not trust it in providing insight to how we all pretty much are the same. Our reactions, moods, highs and lows all come from emotions which we all have to deal with. Some of us cope better and take our own awareness away from our own troubles- trusting the outcome to be a positive one ~ Some use emotions to attack and hurt people...
If we could be an "ALL" that shows compassion and a smile to others- WHAT a world it would be.
Well, said, Truths. I cannot fault that post at all.

If we could get to the bottom of why many in the world 'think' that conflict, including killing our fellow humans, is the best solution to a problem, then I think we would be on a major step towards having everyone follow what you say.

I do understand that, for those who have known nothing but oppression all their lives, it is very difficult to set aside the hate they feel and start seeing their adversaries as fellow travelers on this earthly life, but I can't see any other way of keeping the world safe for all, if we continue doing what man has been doing since we know about back in the past.

At least those of us who do have the luxury of relative safety can undertake to only act that way to others, and hopefully it will affect how we deal with those who refuse to do that.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530233 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
That may very well be an illusion, if by free will you mean that we are free to choose what we will want. We probably aren't.
Your will is very likely determined by the physical parameters of your brain whatever can influence it, not a matter of choice. When you have the experience of choosing freely, you are merely experiencing your will and its influence on your body, which in turn influences itself and the world around it.
We have two wills: an animal self and a higher self. Sometimes, only one voice speaks, and we feel unconflicted, whether expressing urges or reasoned preferences.
Even when they are at odds, such as with the simultaneous desire to eat and to lose weight, or to rage at your boss and also not to get fired, we still consider the resultant choice free will.
But who can say that just because we can't sense it, that all of that is not playing out deterministically, and the outcome a foregone conclusion not calculable to us? Nobody.
How would know that you really had a choice not entirely determined by preceding events if you did? Do you know? The answer is not in how it feels.
This is catastrophic for your theology. Without free will, the doctrine of sin as choice is in the dumper, and with it, the fairness of judgment and damnation.
Thank you for the post- You have put a lot of thought into this topic.

Each person makes choices based on their frame of mind.

Some people are abused in life and choose to become LIKE the abuser- Some people who were sexually assaulted OR non sexually abused as children- also abuse children - in an area of their mind...what was DONE to them becomes less of a burden if they can make it a normal thing to have happened. By sexually abusing children they calm their embarrassment toward what was done to them. They feel a release of pressure when their hands slap a face.

It is backwards- but it is a defense mechanism that they chose to activate....
Instead of choosing healing and owning the incident- they continue to be in pain and cause trauma to others.

Some who were abused- as they become adults -choose to hide from the world and therefore are choosing to be sad and unbalanced and an emotional burden on loved ones and friends.

Some choose to see it as what it was- one persons bad choices taken out on them. They grow up unsure and a bit afraid- but they CHOOSE to keep looking for the positive in life.... and are grateful that they survived. They use what has been done to them to give counsel and they have compassion for the pain of each person harmed in ANY way. They also have an understanding for- and a compassion FOR the abuser. As they can see the pain which brought the person into harming others.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#530234 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
You use the word "proof" like a person who doesn't understand what it means - or care.
Condell is an inspiration.
Gee, I didn't realize that Condell was a celebrity of sorts though I have listened to several of his youtube presentations, and though I usually agree with his points I have noticed he does has his own peculiar witty and caustic (at times) means of stating them. I was just assuming he is another person who spends a lot of time online.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530235 May 6, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
And which people are choosing to sin?
Heard a song just now- and It brought you to mind.

.....I know that look you're givin' like you got something to prove.... You refuse forgiveness like it's something to be earned....
---well- I'll post the lyrics-

You refuse forgiveness
Like it's something to be earned
Sometimes pain's the only way that we can learn

You can never fall too hard,
So fast, so far
That you can't get back
When you're lost

Where you are is never too late,
So bad, so much
That you can't change
Who you are, ooo-oooh
You can change who you are, ooo-oooh

You believe in freedom,
But you don't know how to choose
You gotta step out of your feelings
That you're so afraid to lose

And everyday
You put your feet on the floor, you gotta walk through the door
It's never gonna be easy
But it's all worth fighting for

So fast, so far
That you can't get back
When you're lost

So bad, so much
That you can't change
Who you are, ooo-oooh

So let the ashes fall wherever they land
Come back from wherever you've been
To the foot of the cross
To the feet of Jesus,
The feet of Jesus

So fast, so far
That you can't get back
When you're lost

So bad, so much
That you can't change
At the foot of the cross
You can change, yeah
Who you are, at the foot of the cross
You can change, yeah
(Who you are)
You can change, ooo-oooh

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#530236 May 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You never make a point.
All you do is make a mockery of God and Jesus.
You are a clueless pig.
is calling someone "a cluless pig" your idea of honoring God?:)

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530237 May 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Amen-

and those that celebrate self over others- will not accept His truths- until they open their heart to hear His invitation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Doctor Justice_ 877,647
Is Obama Really Black? (Jul '09) 23 min I am me 64
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Mychihuahuawillbite 603,130
The Christian Atheist debate 33 min messianic114 3,782
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 44 min loubear1 122
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr BenAdam 7,905
Poppy Seed Tom's LOL! (May '14) 1 hr The Turtle 28
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr sangili karuppan 7,612
More from around the web