Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#530259 May 6, 2013
Truths wrote:
I may have misportrayed- not meaning to.
No probs - I do it myself sometimes.
Truths wrote:
I do believe that the Bible is the word of God- as recorded by people He chose. That it is the recorded history of the good the bad and the ugly.
Yet from this collection of good, bad and ugly - we're supposed to select what's good? In other words those who look to the Bible for their morals are actually getting them from within themselves, as they sift out what they feel are the bad bits.
Truths wrote:
But I believe that people ourselves caused the ugly things to happen , by our lack of seeing a biger picture than what was in front of us (them).
I think it depends on which books you're reading:

Daniel tells us that bad things happen because of forces (beasts) opposed to God and his followers. The *righteous*(I use that word loosely) behaviour of God's followers leads to their persecution and suffering. This is in Daniel 7:18 & 7:27.

However Amos 3-5 tells it differently.

Here we read that bad things happen because it's caused by God on the people who have broken his rules.

So, a quick recap here and you'll see that in Daniel it's God's enemies who cause bad things to happen and in Amos it's God himself who causes it.

What does Daniel have to say about how suffering ends?

Well, Daniel says it will end very soon when God destroys the evil that's at large and leaves the way clear for his kingdom to be created.

What does Amos say about how the suffering ends?

Amos doesn't say it will end soon. All he says is that it will be at some point in the future and will be when the people repent.

In Daniel suffering is to end very soon when God's personally intervenes and destroys the evil forces that are arrayed against him.

In Amos it's none of that and suffering will end when the people return to God.
Truths wrote:
Helping people is in my nature- Long before I openly spoke of God ... it became what I did - possibly starting out of fear of people...and wanting to be good so no one would hurt me again.
As I matured- it came from a heart of service out of joy that I had in my heart. Anything I do to the positive- does make me feel good- because I am human- but that is not my motivator.
Commendable and a fair point. Although no religion is required, which may be why you don't mention it.
Truths wrote:
God doesn't love me less when I am in a season of 'self' and laziness. Accepting God truly--- does spark your heart for others, maybe due to being released from the pressures which were previously keeping us heavy. It just comes from a desire to share.
I guess I just don't see how altruism is dependent on accepting yours or any other deity. Bob Geldof is a well known non-believer and he has achieved great things in the field of helping people.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#530260 May 6, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I just see her posts as hypocritical.
For denying rights to certain individuals does not "show compassion and a smile to others."
I do not support at all to the denial of rights to any law-abiding individuals or groups, Lacez, and I didn't see that the post I responded to was doing that. If she or others are promoting denial of any rights to people, such as gays, then I am almost as offended as you are (since I am not gay I cannot likely feel exactly as you feel about that behavior, but I will not tolerate that behavior from anyone).

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#530262 May 6, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Everything's better, thank you.
As of April 9th, I began a new job that I love, mostly because I get paid to direct traffic and nothing else. Surprisingly, too, the pay's pretty decent. I haven't had much time to visit because I normally work no less than 11 hours a day, 6 days a week. The job-site's flooded, so I got a day-off today. Might get another day-off tomorrow, too, although I'm hoping not.'Elohiym is truly great! But, enough about me. How are you doing?
I'm doing well bro, just leaning on God's mighty arm.

Peace.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#530263 May 6, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No probs - I do it myself sometimes.
<quoted text>
Yet from this collection of good, bad and ugly - we're supposed to select what's good? In other words those who look to the Bible for their morals are actually getting them from within themselves, as they sift out what they feel are the bad bits.
<quoted text>
I think it depends on which books you're reading:
Daniel tells us that bad things happen because of forces (beasts) opposed to God and his followers. The *righteous*(I use that word loosely) behaviour of God's followers leads to their persecution and suffering. This is in Daniel 7:18 & 7:27.
However Amos 3-5 tells it differently.
Here we read that bad things happen because it's caused by God on the people who have broken his rules.
So, a quick recap here and you'll see that in Daniel it's God's enemies who cause bad things to happen and in Amos it's God himself who causes it.
What does Daniel have to say about how suffering ends?
Well, Daniel says it will end very soon when God destroys the evil that's at large and leaves the way clear for his kingdom to be created.
What does Amos say about how the suffering ends?
Amos doesn't say it will end soon. All he says is that it will be at some point in the future and will be when the people repent.
In Daniel suffering is to end very soon when God's personally intervenes and destroys the evil forces that are arrayed against him.
In Amos it's none of that and suffering will end when the people return to God.
<quoted text>
Commendable and a fair point. Although no religion is required, which may be why you don't mention it.
<quoted text>
I guess I just don't see how altruism is dependent on accepting yours or any other deity. Bob Geldof is a well known non-believer and he has achieved great things in the field of helping people.
Oh great one tells us the story of Revelation last book of the Holy Bible.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#530264 May 6, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. is being Jewish a fault ??..
JESUS was a Jewish Rabbi ~ so I would say no to that question!

#530265 May 6, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was 34 until yesterday.
35? Happy Birthday Adam, your gift of life is the 'present' from GOD....

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#530266 May 6, 2013
Hi Shrink,

You're a dipshit!

Later 007 ...

#530267 May 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
bigot
a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race
--------
You are intolerant of our religion for your own or lack of one.
Hey there my Twin SeRaH ~ GOD Bless, and always good to see you here :)

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#530268 May 6, 2013
Hi DR,

You are a DORK!

Later muh bruthur ...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#530269 May 6, 2013
You crack me up lol.

#530271 May 6, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ((((Duane))))) You have a longstanding habit of misinterpreting peoples posts- and rewriting their intent.
Have a good sleep~ bed time here~
Agree 100%......

#530272 May 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually don’t call someone a bigot unless they have been calling us bigots while they are one themselves. Maybe not the best thing to do but not much of what is best in going on in here anyway
As to your post, now you have told me. I’m not in the mood to be told. Haven’t been since we were invaded by jerks.
Anyway have a good day.
hahaha......

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#530273 May 6, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>Not once did I say I deny them the right- they have choice. SO they can vote what THEY choose-

I choose not to vote for it.

I am NOT the WHOLE voting population- and the purpose of voting is so that all the people may vote THEIR own way.
Why do you keep talking about choice?
You never seem to state what choice you're talking about.

Choosing to vote against equality is attempting to deny equality.
How is that love?
How is that a smile, other than a smile at how miserable you'd make people if you got your way?

#530274 May 6, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it also the fault of the Incas, Aztecs, Mayans, Greeks, Persians, Sumerians, etc, that Jesus wasn't with them?
What about those other species of humans - neanderthals, homo erectus, homo habilis that go back millions of years? Was it their fault that Jesus was not with them?
How do you know that JESUS was not with them when their Souls left their bodies and they moved onto their next realm? Assuming I suppose...

Montreal

#530275 May 6, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>I do not support at all to the denial of rights to any law-abiding individuals or groups, Lacez, and I didn't see that the post I responded to was doing that. If she or others are promoting denial of any rights to people, such as gays, then I am almost as offended as you are (since I am not gay I cannot likely feel exactly as you feel about that behavior, but I will not tolerate that behavior from anyone).
It wasn't in the post you commented on, but the way she feels is that gay people are evil and sinners. She has made it clear that when/if she votes on equality, then she is against it.

That is why I find her post hypocritical.
She votes against equal treatment of other human beings yet claims she wants everyone to get along.

Montreal

#530276 May 6, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm doing well bro, just leaning on God's mighty arm.

Peace.
How homoerotic.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#530277 May 6, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
You are choosing to focus on the wrongful words of a couple of not quite Christians yets~
.. so, you don't think homosexuality is an abomination or that people who identify as homosexual are sinful degenerates? How about the unwarranted insults heaped on atheists? If you disagree, why not object to such posts ??..
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTION SNIPPED**
Jesus LOVES everyone- Though not everyone will ask Him into their lives. He died so that we may all find peace- so that we could all choose eternity with Him .
.. do you have peace ??..
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTION SNIPPED**
You and a couple of other women...and Duane -seem to want to brew trouble instead of ACTUALLY reading and responding to posts.
.. brew trouble? Me? Alice? What other women? Duane ("G")? How about AINS, SCAR, HICK or BT? Do they brew trouble ??..

.. what do you consider trouble? Perhaps you can provide an example wherein I 'brew trouble' so I'll know how to self-correct my posts ??..
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>Generalizing all the wrongful words given to youz from other sites and real life....and accusing US of the crimes we did not commit.
.. huh? Where in the world did that come from ??..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#530280 May 6, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's possible that honouring your parents may mean being prepared to kill your sister for bringing dishonour on the family.
Honour killings exist all over the Middle East.
Good point.

I'm glad you've been hanging around. This has been a most rewarding thread. I hope it is for you, too.

“What's your story? Nevermind.”

Since: Apr 13

none of my business.

#530282 May 6, 2013
Too many people judge others. By judging others they are sinning. Sins are not broken down into categories where one is worse than another. A sin is a sin, period! Live your life the way you want and by what you think is right even if others see it as wrong. For it is your life to live. Even I see people living in ways I think is wrong but I don't judge them nor give them a hard time. I am not here to judge anyone, I am here to live my life and sometimes just doing that is hard enough without worrying about how others live.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#530284 May 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is in the eye of the beholder.
Once the venom of love is injected.
One just keeps returning for more of it.
Been trying to understand your words with 'Love' here... when you use the word venom.
Maybe you a bit like me and sometime get the words a bit wrong, coz venom is not a good thing but a poison, something not good. Maybe it's a bit like when I was first learning English and said it is a 'beautiful and disgusting day'!
Mmmmmmmmm

Morning lil sister- 7 am Tues here - and a lot of posts later! But caught this song you posted Truths. It reminds me of my angel mum, when I told her at age 12, I gotta go to Africa.
“You can be a teacher in your own home too.” she said.
I left for Africa at 18 - she died just before - but those words she spoke have always been so true. No-one has to preach, just Love as Jesus did, forgiving and not judging one another.
LuvU2 and God Bless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Gabriel 987,436
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min old_moose 31,639
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min PadMark 687,419
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 31 min Ricky F 39,265
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 36 min Johnny 6
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 1 hr Johnny 32
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,495
More from around the web